AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-05-09, 16:37   Link #101
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Live in America. Hmm...

That means first I need to obtain an H-1B visa from the prospective employer in the United States, in which why would they have to shell out extra cash if they have someone similar as me in the U.S.? Then, obtain legal status through excessive paperwork, filing fees, wait several months (if not years) as my paper wedges its way through the bureaucratic process.

But I guess that's how it is as in any other country. Who does the cheap, back-breaking low-paying jobs in Japan? Immigrants from Southeast Asia. Who does the cheap, back-breaking low-paying jobs in the U.S.? Immigrants from Latin America.

But, it is rather interesting to see immigration debate sprawling in the U.S., when the nation itself was built upon immigrants that usurped from the Native American Indians.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 16:46   Link #102
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Live in America. Hmm...

That means first I need to obtain an H-1B visa from the prospective employer in the United States, in which why would they have to shell out extra cash if they have someone similar as me in the U.S.? Then, obtain legal status through excessive paperwork, filing fees, wait several months (if not years) as my paper wedges its way through the bureaucratic process.

But I guess that's how it is as in any other country. Who does the cheap, back-breaking low-paying jobs in Japan? Immigrants from Southeast Asia. Who does the cheap, back-breaking low-paying jobs in the U.S.? Immigrants from Latin America.

But, it is rather interesting to see immigration debate sprawling in the U.S., when the nation itself was built upon immigrants that usurped from the Native American Indians.
Nobody is saying no to immgrants. What most people here are saying is get in line like the rest of us.
Old 2006-05-09, 16:51   Link #103
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Live in America. Hmm...

You should keep on reading the news about the hundreds if not thousands of illegal Mexicans that cross the border everyday to settle for a better life and jobs in the USA.
Because in the sewer of my country, Mexico, where corruption goes unpunished at both the legislative and judiciary levels, there's scarcity of employment that pays well remunerations or there's no work at all within a given niche market.

For over a hundred years both the USA administration and those USA citizens, who have long resented their jobs been stolen by illegal aliens, have been fed up with the conflicting issue of illegal Mexicans and other LatinAmericans crossing the border.

And glad you mention about the pawns who do the back-breaking, low paying jobs in USA.
You should check the film A Day without a Mexican to give you an idea that those people, whatever small job they get paid for in USA, make contributions to the country.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 16:52   Link #104
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Nobody is saying no to immgrants. What most people here are saying is get in line like the rest of us.
Nah, moving to the U.S. is something that I won't be thinking of in the near future. If I had to choose, I'll choose some Scandinavian country with hot blonde chicks. Sure, the taxes might be high, but at least I know it's not going to waste like some of our weird pork-barrel construction projects (steel bridges that lead nowhere, building highways that no one uses, etc...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
You should keep on reading the news about the hundreds if not thousands of illegal Mexicans that cross the border everyday to settle for a better life and jobs in the USA.
Because in the sewer of my country, Mexico, where corruption goes unpunished at both the legislative and judiciary levels, there's scarcity of employment that pays well remunerations or there's no work at all within a given niche market.

For over a hundred years both the USA administration and those USA citizens, who have long resented their jobs been stolen by illegal aliens, have been fed up with the conflicting issue of illegal Mexicans and other LatinAmericans crossing the border.

And glad you mention about the pawns who do the back-breaking, low paying jobs in USA.
You should check the film A Day without a Mexican to give you an idea that those people, whatever small job they get paid for in USA, make contributions to the country.
Actually I do. I am an avid watcher of NBC Nightly News, and it is interesting to see the issues about the Minuteman Project and the debacle of immigration protests across major metropolitan areas in the U.S. And, I have also been to Mexico on several occasions for business trips and yes I have seen how it is like there. A fluid currency with areas that are dilapidated and rusted it is. And as a film addict, I have already seen that movie.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 17:00   Link #105
mistershow

I really think people should forget that movie....that movie trivialized the issues, and was all in all an AWFUL film. The issues here speak for themselves.
mistershow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 17:30   Link #106
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistershow
I really think people should forget that movie....that movie trivialized the issues, and was all in all an AWFUL film. The issues here speak for themselves.
One of those issues that speaks for itself is the Great American Boycott, a.k.a. El Gran Paro Americano. The thousands or hundreds of thousands of Mexican and other LatinAmerican immigrants and citizens in the USA to protest their uproar and indignity against House of Resolution 4437 Bill, which both proposes and establishes mainly penalties for illegal aliens residing in USA and those who harbor or employ illegal aliens, calls for the construction of 1120 km security fences along the border, deported illegal who leave voluntarily will have to pay $3000 fines, the Green Card program would be eliminated, and of course other points that the USA administration has both valid and legal reasons to act against illegal immigrants.

For once I daresay that I do support the boycott and the protesters' reactions.
Old 2006-05-09, 18:17   Link #107
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
One of those issues that speaks for itself is the Great American Boycott, a.k.a. El Gran Paro Americano. The thousands or hundreds of thousands of Mexican and other LatinAmerican immigrants and citizens in the USA to protest their uproar and indignity against House of Resolution 4437 Bill, which both proposes and establishes mainly penalties for illegal aliens residing in USA and those who harbor or employ illegal aliens, calls for the construction of 1120 km security fences along the border, deported illegal who leave voluntarily will have to pay $3000 fines, the Green Card program would be eliminated, and of course other points that the USA administration has both valid and legal reasons to act against illegal immigrants.

For once I daresay that I do support the boycott and the protesters' reactions.
Are you aware of your own country's laws on illegal immigration?

Though that fence thing is an idiotic idea. Also, you might want to reread that link you posted. You seem to be mistaken on several key points.
It doesn't eliminate green cards, it eliminates the "green card lottery" system which favors people from countries with lower rates of immigration. Also it doesn't fine people who leave willingly, it fines people who say they will, then don't.

Regardless, that bill, as is, had exactly a 0% chance of passing the senate. See, the house has the reactionary extremists. They pass things like amendments banning flag burning, building a big wall on the mexican border(the idea worked so well for china and rome after all), and other nonsense. That stuff has no chance in hell of passing the senate. The people in the house know this, but they keep sending these junk bills up to score points for elections. It's all a show. This bill was never a serious contender, but now the people voting for and against it can turn that into a campaign issue.
Old 2006-05-09, 19:55   Link #108
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Regardless, that bill, as is, had exactly a 0% chance of passing the senate. See, the house has the reactionary extremists. They pass things like amendments banning flag burning, building a big wall on the mexican border(the idea worked so well for china and rome after all), and other nonsense. That stuff has no chance in hell of passing the senate. The people in the house know this, but they keep sending these junk bills up to score points for elections. It's all a show. This bill was never a serious contender, but now the people voting for and against it can turn that into a campaign issue.
I've been reflecting in deep thought your words.

The Bill would likely have been used as bait so that it can be used on future electoral campaigns now that has stirred up controversy among the Mexican-Americans living in USA.

In summary, more like a campaign vehicle to lure out and draw as most people possible (future voters) who opposed it.

The boycott fullfilled that purpose.
Old 2006-05-09, 20:33   Link #109
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector
The picture is thus gray, and one must try to weigh the costs.
One aspect of the situation which rarely gets any media attention is that illeal aliens are indirectly benefiting from the welfare system in the US...because without that welfare system in place it's a safe bet that the poorest american citizens would be forced by necessity to work those jobs to try and survive.
tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 21:39   Link #110
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
A lot of the crazy stuff the House might propose and even pass with a majority vote can be a reflection of the differences in the terms they serve compared to members of the Senate. Think it's something like 6 years for a Senator and 2 years for a member of the House of Representatives? Regardless of the exact number, House members come up for election more often than Senators so they more often need real or imagined major issues and a track record on legislative bills that they can show to their constituents back home at election time. Sometimes it's just a make-work paper trail they can use to show voters that they were for or against legislation that voters might care strongly about one way or another. Senators do the same thing, but they tend to be more cautious because the next election for their seat in the Senate might be many years in the future. A Senate vote today could be viewed as popular with a Senators constituents...but six years in the future it could be viewed less favorably. Opinions change and no Senator wants to possibly hand an opponent a weapon that could be used against them in a future election.
tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 13:31   Link #111
Icehellion

Send a message via AIM to Icehellion
well state elections are coming up, and/or might give themselves another fing raise. either way those tools in house and senate don't really care. its an issue now b/c they want votes
Icehellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 13:59   Link #112
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuki
One aspect of the situation which rarely gets any media attention is that illeal aliens are indirectly benefiting from the welfare system in the US...because without that welfare system in place it's a safe bet that the poorest american citizens would be forced by necessity to work those jobs to try and survive.
[rant]Healthcare is really bad for the US's economy. For every citizen that honestly must be supported (diabilities, age, etc.) There are a dozen more who live off of unemployment and somehow aren't cut off when they're supposed to be. Freeloaders irritate me... Frankly, the entire welfare system is making americans lazy. They say: "Why should I work if I don't have to?" You wonder why the US is suffering from trade deficits, work ethic is going out the window, and outsourcing/offshoring is destrying the nation's industrial production? There's your answer right there.[/rant]

Sorry for that. Guess I'm escpecially irritated by the Bush's spendthriftiness of billions of US dollars on the war in Iraq when we need to stabilize the economy at home.
Old 2006-05-11, 15:16   Link #113
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

I thought this might be in interest to a few people here:

- - - - - - - 8< - - - - - - -

Senators reach deal to revive immigration bill

WASHINGTON - Senate leaders reached a deal Thursday on reviving a broad immigration bill that could provide millions of illegal immigrants a chance to become American citizens and said they’ll try to pass it before Memorial Day.

(read more...)

- - - - - - - 8< - - - - - - -

More details at the link above.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 15:57   Link #114
leona_senshi

Send a message via MSN to leona_senshi Send a message via Yahoo to leona_senshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
Illegal immigrants have none of the American rights they are crying foul over

The only rights they have are basic human rights [ the right to eat, not be tortured, ect ]
geez I've been checking out your posts on these types of threads... I come to think that you're kinda of a racist... the only thing you say over and over is that no one other than Americans can live or have right in the US.... that's lame..
leona_senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 15:59   Link #115
leona_senshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryff
America is a country born of immigration, I can't believe how hypocritical some people are.

My thoughts exactly!
Old 2006-05-11, 16:17   Link #116
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

meh why dont u all come to the UK, seems our government gives Asylum to hi-jackers/terrorists too,
easy as falling over to get into the UK

however, many of the people that came over from the new european countries and middle east have been productive, the agricultural industry apparently got a second wind from the cheap labour provided by east european labourers. Also many skilled people came from those countires,
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 16:23   Link #117
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leona_senshi
My thoughts exactly!
Whats hypocritical about want want people to wait their turn like I did?
Whats hypocritical about wanting to respect the law of the country they are trying to get into?
Whats hypocritical about saying it is absurd that Mexicans are complaint about US laws on illegal Immgrants when Mexico's own treatment on illegal immgrants are 10x worst?
Whats hypocritical about saying it is absurd that illegal immgrants are protesting to be allow to stay in the US while waving a foreign flag?
Old 2006-05-11, 16:32   Link #118
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

wow, this thread is still going on ~.~
Homeschooler_Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 16:36   Link #119
leona_senshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Whats hypocritical about want want people to wait their turn like I did?
Whats hypocritical about wanting to respect the law of the country they are trying to get into?
Whats hypocritical about saying it is absurd that Mexicans are complaint about US laws on illegal Immgrants when Mexico's own treatment on illegal immgrants are 10x worst?
Whats hypocritical about saying it is absurd that illegal immgrants are protesting to be allow to stay in the US while waving a foreign flag?

the point of that statement is that America was born of people comming from other countries, the only true americans are the NATIVE americans that were here first before England and France came to america to conquere, not to mention scotland and other countries, if non of those countries wouldn't have placed a step here in THE PAST then the only americans walking would be the "modern Indians" to say it in one way, so I think you misset that point, Now in the present, yes there are laws but nobody said it was bad, if you are moving to a diferent country you better get the history correct before you make any statements.
Old 2006-05-11, 17:11   Link #120
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leona_senshi
the point of that statement is that America was born of people comming from other countries, the only true americans are the NATIVE americans that were here first before England and France came to america to conquere,
Those same indians came over form Asia so there no NATIVE americans.

Quote:
not to mention scotland and other countries, if non of those countries wouldn't have placed a step here in THE PAST then the only americans walking would be the "modern Indians" to say it in one way, so I think you misset that point,
Please enlighten me on what is the point suppose to be?

Quote:
Now in the present, yes there are laws but nobody said it was bad, if you are moving to a diferent country you better get the history correct before you make any statements.
Considering I been in the US since I was eight and pass every history class with a A+. I am probably better inform on US history then you are.

And you still haven't answer my question on why it would be hypocritical of me as a LEGAL IMMGRANT to critize ILLEGAL IMMGRATION.