AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Old 2016-04-23, 21:39   Link #301
arthand

I would have liked it if Subaru gained strenght with training his magic and swordsmenship little by little even his mana is normal but no author just flat out made him a weakness itself. I mean he even gets tortured because he got caught by hax people, this kind of ability is the worst one can get anyway since once you are caught its overand you will die with agony over and over and over.................

I certainy would like it if Subaru can learnsword or magic or him making high tech weapons would also be good but he is just too useless also why does he like that white haired girl anyway she is too much trouble with no merrit other then getting tortured.Whats so good about that heroine can someone tell me i really cant understand.
arthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-23, 22:07   Link #302
Applehell

Subaru has apparently beaten all vilians and antagonists thoughout the story with his own wits and tactics. He doesn't need to be some hax swordsman to win (it's not that kind of shounen) just knowledge and resourcefulless. So his personal strength doesn't matter as much how uses his tools.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-23, 23:12   Link #303
arthand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Subaru has apparently beaten all vilians and antagonists thoughout the story with his own wits and tactics. He doesn't need to be some hax swordsman to win (it's not that kind of shounen) just knowledge and resourcefulless. So his personal strength doesn't matter as much how uses his tools.
I get that but i still hoped that he had at least strenght to run away from shit but apparently he doesnt even have that.
arthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-23, 23:26   Link #304
tsunade666

Didn't subarun said it already? Emilia save him. When he is lost from being transported to another world. Emilia had become his reason to stand up.

While Emilia is his goal and reason. Rem is the one who stand by his side. Aohige is right that subarun adores Emilia but he loves rem. But well... We know what happen to rem later on >_> but his doing his best to restore it.

Balls-kun doesn't need had ability. He just need to survive. Getting back alive is already had. Plus he is not completely helpless. Against normal people. He is strong. He also trained under strong swordsman/Knight he knew how to fight. Its just that the enemies are just plain hax or overkill. He won't win alone like the tolypical protag. But he will rally his allies to win. Or die and repeat, trying.
Old 2016-04-24, 01:00   Link #305
dragon1412

TBH, i don't think training would make Subaru's situation better, remember all enemy he met so far, they are all plainly Hax to the point that most human won't ever have a chance at catching up to them. I'd say spening his time to find a specific method ofgetting through is far more realistic then trying to train to be able to beat them
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 04:54   Link #306
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Also keep in mind, by arc 5 Subaru is a leader.
The much more powerful people follow his decisions.

His ability is far more equipped to handle the situation from a commanding position, rather than personal valor.
Old 2016-04-24, 05:10   Link #307
hyuugalegacy
Otaku, author wannabe

Subaru is a leader? To whom?
Old 2016-04-24, 05:24   Link #308
Ladiusman

Lol, what the heck is up with those "harem" and "not harem" tags? So which on is it?

Yeah, things are looking up for Subaru recently. So how often does the author updates?
Ladiusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 06:37   Link #309
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyuugalegacy View Post
Subaru is a leader? To whom?
In multiple occasions, but especially in later arcs.
Spoiler:
Old 2016-04-24, 06:39   Link #310
tsunade666

Its not harem. That's for sure. The harem tag was added before we noticed it. Which is why the not harem fag was added. Only 2 girls are involve. And one of them is more of adoration than pure love.
Old 2016-04-24, 10:55   Link #311
taylanubati

since a lot of people cant read the light novel would s.B spoiler us what happens from volume 4-8 ? ((
taylanubati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 12:42   Link #312
larethian

Just finished v3. What a hard and long 2nd loop. This is already a Kuso game by gaming standards. And we are just starting it in the anime. I wonder what the effect would be for anime viewers for the first half as I do feel it's a little torturous for v2 to end without the loop getting resolved.

Rem's design reminds me a little of Frankenstein (Berserker of Black) from Fate series. The feel for the ogre sisters... I like how the writer deepens the mysteries, Rosschi's true intention, the link between Subaru's 'ability' and the Witch, etc.

One thing I like about this Isekai series compared to others is that you will never wish to be in Subaru's shoes for whatever reason.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 14:21   Link #313
lokoxDZz

I've seem that subaru does not become some kinda of op protagonist

But how strong and hax are the people he will have to deal are? What kinda of skills they have?
lokoxDZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 15:03   Link #314
larethian

Just watched the latest episode. Wow I missed that foreshadowing line by Betty when I read the novel. So she already saw the curse and thought it was none of her business in the first round of the loop.

One thing I can't really judge for sure on whether it's good or bad about this arc, is the removal of important details of the village visit event scene from the loops except in reported form by Subaru to Emilia, and in the last looping. It may be good to keep things in suspense by throwing out less clues as well as to keep things succinct for an already comparatively long arc at this stage of the series. But people may feel cheated that 'key evidence/clues' are removed or 'covered up' until the loop in which Subaru managed to overcome this.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 15:18   Link #315
Zeronice

Can someone tell me how many time he dies in the second half of arc 3 and how did he die?
Zeronice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 18:14   Link #316
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

It was very interesting the new chapter, with this already started 2 arc, in my opinion never thought that Rem was serious and talented sister, and Ram the cheerful. I wonder how many loops had to go Subaru to be able to commit suicide, and that were so severe.
Old 2016-04-24, 18:15   Link #317
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylanubati View Post
since a lot of people cant read the light novel would s.B spoiler us what happens from volume 4-8 ? ((
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeronice View Post
Can someone tell me how many time he dies in the second half of arc 3 and how did he die?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokoxDZz View Post
I've seem that subaru does not become some kinda of op protagonist

But how strong and hax are the people he will have to deal are? What kinda of skills they have?
here. read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Matter View Post
Someone has posted a summary about the additional information and spoilers in pastebin. I don't know how accurate they are:
Here is the link
Old 2016-04-24, 18:49   Link #318
Applehell

Honestly that pastebin isn't too great, seems to lack in a lot of context and such compared to Aohige's posts.

Anyway, I have a question for WN and LN readers after watching today's episode: is it true that unlike in the manga adaptation the King did not die or is this a change from the source?
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 20:06   Link #319
Krunk

Does anyone know what times (arc, chapter) Subaru meets face-to-face with Satella?
Krunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 20:35   Link #320
ParanoidAndroid

Just founded volume 2 here http://www.hachettebookgroup.com/series/rezero/?yen=

any idea if the rest of the light novel is also traslated?
ParanoidAndroid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, not harem, reborn, thriller, time travel, webnovel