AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Old 2016-05-15, 08:00   Link #541
anime_suki_0815

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

I've read COUNTLESS (well into three digits) webnovels and LN titles over the course of nearly 30 years, and this author is most certainly not among the worst.
Hell I have 100+ physical novels on one of my many bookcases, and that's only a fraction of novels I've read.
By your metric your opinion is invalidated, only I speaketh the truth.
You seem to misunderstand what I wrote about Nagatsuki Tappei in my several earlier posts.
Do you seriously think that I tried to argue he is the worst of ALL of WL/NL out there?
anime_suki_0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 08:10   Link #542
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_suki_0815 View Post
You seem to misunderstand what I wrote about Nagatsuki Tappei in my several earlier posts.
Do you seriously think that I tried to argue he is the worst of ALL of WL/NL out there?
No, you stated you read a whopping 15 authors works and this is among the worst.
I'm making fun of your implication that your opinion somehow has more credence due to amount of novels you read.

By the way, pretty much nearly ALL of the webnovels on Narou and Arcadia are unrefined, amateurish work.
This is no exception, neither is Overlord or Log Horizon.
And I'd go as far to say he's actually one of the BETTER writers on Narou, as a matter of fact.
Old 2016-05-15, 08:16   Link #543
anime_suki_0815

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
No, you stated you read a whopping 15 authors works and this is among the worst.
I'm making fun of your implication that your opinion somehow has more credence due to amount of novels you read.
I wonder what made you think so.

Don't you think it is a little weird to make it clear at the outset that he/she has read a very limited number of LN/WL authors (about 10~15 works - authors, and adding to say "I'm not an avid reader of LN/WL"), if he/she really wants to imply and/or show off the amount of WN/LN novels he/she read?

Quote:
By the way, pretty much nearly ALL of the webnovels on Narou and Arcadia are unrefined, amateurish work.
That's what I have heard, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if there are tons of Narou web-novel writers who are even (possibly much) worse than Nagatsuki Tappei.
Old 2016-05-15, 08:20   Link #544
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Many people I know including professors separate them properly???

Can you back up the claim by providing any reference - an academic paper, article, book, Video lecture available on the net, whatever by some literature professor - ?
No because those were informal causal discussions we had face to face after classes and not something we sat around writing to each other about.

Quote:
What question do you mean?
...The one I just answered.

Oh, you know what? Forget it. I knew it turn out this way, given what little you shone of your attitude.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 08:32   Link #545
anime_suki_0815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
No because those were informal causal discussions we had face to face after classes and not something we sat around writing to each other about.
All I have presented to back up my claim is something anyone on this forum can access and actually see - a passage from an Interview article, a post on the web -, and I'm willing to provide a quote from some books on good/bad novel writing written in English, But you...

Yes, Let's forget it.
Old 2016-05-15, 12:52   Link #546
Krunk

Thanks for your input anime_suki_0815 - it clarified your position quite a bit.

It has already been accepted that there are glaring problems in the web novel - the problem now is what perspective you're coming from. As one who hasn't read many WN/LNs, no doubt that you haven't accustomed yourself to this area of entertainment literature. Those who have read hundreds (like aohige) are more accepting of the faults because in the end, Re:Zero is a story that stands out among A LOT of garbage.

Personally, I can understand why you're frustrated. For an interesting story like this, you'd really only want the best for it, and it sucks when it's not delivered properly. However, this is precisely why the light novel exists - to polish up an amateurish work with a surprising premise. It works because people, like you, are engaged and want to see it succeed.
Krunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 13:17   Link #547
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
All I have presented to back up my claim is something anyone on this forum can access and actually see - a passage from an Interview article, a post on the web -, and I'm willing to provide a quote from some books on good/bad novel writing written in English, But you...

Yes, Let's forget it.
You only back up one thing that not only nobody even ask for (or had much do with subject at hand), and was pretty much unnecessary. It's not anyone was going to disbelieve you about his writing-style being rough, it's so-called "bad writing" which you didn't prove you claims about or understood what it means. Just as I've pointed out, others have said the samething that before you did which is pretty par of course for a WN (which is again amateurish work without an editor), you just seem to have a bigger problem with than they do. If the author's writing style bothers you so much and not the themes or plot then just stick to the more polished LN/Manga or other adaptations. Your second point wouldn't prove anything other then telling me some random guy agrees with you. So I'm not sure why your acting all superior here, but whatever I'm done here now.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-05-15 at 13:37.
Old 2016-05-15, 13:56   Link #548
AB079
Banned

It's just my mistake or the last part of today's episode was misleading? I remember Subaru confess his love for Rem, or he just really confess to both sisters?
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 14:04   Link #549
Iron Maw
Banned

Both and it's in a platonic (aka familial) sense, and a not romantic one.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-05-15 at 15:36.
Old 2016-05-15, 14:47   Link #550
soularc55
7th dimensional king

Don't ever ask that here, it is against the rules.
Old 2016-05-15, 15:01   Link #551
User262693
Disabled By Request

oh i'm sorry i just read the rules after posting my message.
Then nevermind my previous message
User262693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 15:06   Link #552
RDNexus

Also, it's been licensed by YenPress. Volume 01 is gonna be released soon.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 15:14   Link #553
Mizo

something smells fishy here 0.0

Last edited by Mizo; 2016-05-15 at 16:51.
Mizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 17:24   Link #554
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

I just finished reading / see the WN I can say that the LN not fit many parts, as far as I can tell that in adapting the LN is good, but not the enough, many of they complaining of the author it's bad to adapting but still if it's narration it is amazing how recounts the events in the LN, so the author is grabbing your best effort , but it is not enough if it's adaptation, that after all the LN is raising many sales, which is the main objective of the LN, in the same way anime is motivating many to read the LN, so I can say which is better known and better preferably the LN, since many do not know even the existence of WN that is much better the LN, so my conclusion is that the WN is better as well as adaptation and narration of the story.
Old 2016-05-15, 17:51   Link #555
Iron Maw
Banned

Well if the latest episode is anything to go by we going to end the 2nd arc at episode 10 rather than 11. Which is good because the 3rd needs as much episodes as going to get adequately adapt everything.
Old 2016-05-15, 21:50   Link #556
larethian

Quote:

Yes, Let's forget it.
The LNs (which I actually own) are definitely a lot more polished than the WNs. Some lines are even completely rewritten. Useless scenes in failed loops which do not add value to increase Subaru's knowledge are actually snipped. Snarky tsukkomis, which everyone seem to be capable at the same level in the WN, appeared to get toned down depending on character. Nevertheless, in this age when most LNs are written by otakus for otakus, it's kind of moot to compare proses, writing organization, pacing, and other related aspects of literature with mainstream literature, because they do pale in comparison in that respect.

At any rate, the LNs are definitely improved version as a commercially published work, so read that instead if you have serious issues with the composition ability of the writer. That said, this is probably the only isekai series I will recommend because the plot is actually interesting and it does not have OP harem king self-insertion. There are also a lot of fine details and foreshadows which get used later, and shows that the writer at least did undertake significant planning. It's not easy writing time loops while being burdened with the need to keep track of what happens each loop and how everything is going to fit in at a later date. The writer has done a good job at that and keeps me consistently interested and more or less engaged (other than the sometimes sudden jumps and transitions which made me go 'huh').

Anyway I just reached chapter 15 of arc 4 (slow, but there are other stuff I needed to read too ).
Spoiler for thoughts so far:
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-16, 15:51   Link #557
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Does Subaru ever come up with an excuse for the knowledge he gets from looping?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-16, 15:57   Link #558
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

He should just say that he has a power that is somewhat like prophetic dreams but he cannot go into specifics, and hope the curse doesn't kick in.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-16, 17:50   Link #559
Iron Maw
Banned

So I found this interesting image awhile back of what the other Witches supposely look like. There has yet to be any official artwork of them to my knowledge just descriptions, so on that note is this accurate in terms of general appearance?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-05-17, 01:29   Link #560
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
So I found this interesting image awhile back of what the other Witches supposely look like. There has yet to be any official artwork of them to my knowledge just descriptions, so on that note is this accurate in terms of general appearance?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
The color schemes and general descriptions do match the novel text.

Tags
alternate world, not harem, reborn, thriller, time travel, webnovel