AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Old 2016-05-31, 14:46   Link #721
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I like how this anime episode basically had TWO female characters who started to develop feelings towards Subaru.

Spoiler:
Petra, too? When will we see her making moves?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-31, 15:05   Link #722
hyuugalegacy
Otaku, author wannabe

Just looking at the tags and wondering is it a harem or not? And I could see no real emotion on petra's part in the anime. Is there something I'm missing?
Old 2016-05-31, 15:06   Link #723
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyuugalegacy View Post
Just looking at the tags and wondering is it a harem or not? And I could see no real emotion on petra's part in the anime. Is there something I'm missing?
It also says not harem.
Old 2016-05-31, 17:58   Link #724
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

@Larethian: thanks for the clarification.

well, here are 3 good points that have LN. (My opinion)

1. the LN has good designs, as expected by the Illustrator does a good job on drawings, allowing you to imagine either characteristics of the character and the events in the story.

2. the narration is another key point that has the LN because the author has a good description of the specific events that occur, allowing you to have a read more simple than the WN (although equal the WN is a simple reading, my opinion)

3. some cuts in the events of the story also is a good thing , allowing you to read with a sense of suspense in each volume, which is good since the WN parts can get you bored.

I also say that subaru has opportunity to have a harem, the problem is if the author is willing to do so.
Old 2016-05-31, 18:39   Link #725
Mizo

the author is #1 sadist saw something in /a/ that really took my interest this just a theory but man it seems a way too logical ....

Spoiler for theory:
Mizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-31, 23:11   Link #726
Krunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrisulfr View Post
Spoiler for Wiki QnA:
Spoiler for Strongest?:
Krunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-31, 23:14   Link #727
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triok123 View Post
just wandering when will be emilia's turn..we all know it won't be in arc 3..
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Petra, too? When will we see her making moves?
Tags are man-made many a times from hearsay by people who are not even intimately familiar with the source.

Spoiler:
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-31, 23:15   Link #728
hyuugalegacy
Otaku, author wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizo View Post
the author is #1 sadist saw something in /a/ that really took my interest this just a theory but man it seems a way too logical ....

Spoiler for theory:
Spoiler:
Old 2016-05-31, 23:21   Link #729
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Tags are man-made many a times from hearsay by people who are not even intimately familiar with the source.

Spoiler:
Thanks. I watched the episode and Petra didn't seem that lovestruck. I know he saved her, but it doesn't seem like a deep enough reason to chase after him. Or am I missing something?

I'd love to see Subaru take Ekidna just to see Roswaal's reaction. Is she hot?
Old 2016-06-01, 04:04   Link #730
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Thanks. I watched the episode and Petra didn't seem that lovestruck. I know he saved her, but it doesn't seem like a deep enough reason to chase after him. Or am I missing something?

I'd love to see Subaru take Ekidna just to see Roswaal's reaction. Is she hot?
She got hero crush on him after he saved her life and the village from the magic/demon beasts and later the Witch Cult. Doesn't sound unusual to me. Subaru did get know her and the other kids during his time at village in arc 2 where they took a strong liking to him. That said she's a bit young (about 12-13 years old IIRC), so she screwed by age gap and time since either Emilia or Rem would gotten together with Subaru long before she could be seen as contender. Still I can't complain about the attention he's attracting, Subaru deserves all the support and admiration he's getting or gotten.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-06-01 at 05:51.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-01, 09:45   Link #731
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Quote:

Spoiler:
Thanks for the spoilers. So it's a harem after all. My affection for it has just evaporated. It's like Log Horizon all over again with different females fighting over the main guy. Oh well, can't expect too much nowadays.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-01, 09:57   Link #732
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
Thanks for the spoilers. So it's a harem after all. My affection for it has just evaporated. It's like Log Horizon all over again with different females fighting over the main guy. Oh well, can't expect too much nowadays.
I can't take Petra seriously and I never even heard her being in love with Subarun at all.

As for Log Hora being harem? I can't also consider it harem because Minori doesn't stand a chance and Shirou likes Akatsuki. Henrietta decides to becom an adult and never join into the fight and as for Nureha? she is more of an antagonist and with the author setting her up with Tohya? I don't think so. Its most as a love triangle for humor and more of otp.

Here, Rem is serious and Subarun loves her but only as number 2. Number 1 is EMT Emillia-tan and to be serious. Arc 3 would be also lacking of the main heroine.

Someone earlier mention that the romance here in Re:Zero is like a VN where one needed to enter and finish some route before the true heroine's route would be unlock and its actually believable with the ending that happen to Rem at the end of arc 3 and Emillia is just starting to like Subarun at arc 3 and she would only have an active role later on. With her mostly absent at the early part of arc 3 and would just join on later.

Petra?.... extra heroine? like the type that one would get at fan disk and here in Re:zero, there are other possible routes. Like the one route where Rem and Subarun got happy ending by abandoning the capital or EMT.

I can't take seriously the other girls for romance candidate.
Old 2016-06-01, 09:57   Link #733
larethian

I don't like harems normally, but this one I can accept. You will know what I mean once you see how the relationships develop.
And currently, where I am at,
Spoiler:
Old 2016-06-01, 10:31   Link #734
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Originally I skipped this because it looked like a harem but then I gave it a try and like the story and characters so I thought I was wrong. I thought we have something nice and different on our hands then just to find out it's another many girls like one guy harem gimmick. I can only blame myself for my bad judgment and wrong expectations.

If Subaru has "only" two in his heart, that's one too many. Anyways, it's good for me to know that's another harem. I had some good feelings with LH at first too but when they had the little girl being the 3rd wheel then Shiro being ambigous, I dropped it like a hot potato. Those things irked me especially when the story doesn't need it.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-01, 10:34   Link #735
larethian

Quote:
Originally I skipped this because it looked like a harem but then I gave it a try and like the story and characters so I thought I was wrong. I thought we have something nice and different on our hands then just to find out it's another many girls like one guy harem gimmick. I can only blame myself for my bad judgment and wrong expectations.

If Subaru has "only" two in his heart, that's one too many. Anyways, it's good for me to know that's another harem. I had some good feelings with LH at first too but when they had the little girl being the 3rd wheel then Shiro being ambigous, I dropped it like a hot potato. Those things irked me especially when the story doesn't need it.
Like I said, that goes the same for me, but until you read it, you have no idea what you are talking about seriously.
Old 2016-06-01, 10:35   Link #736
RDNexus

That's called "being too picky". Having only 2 girls around 1 guy is so staple everywhere I'd never consider it harem-bait.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-01, 11:06   Link #737
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:

Romantic developments between one guy and two girls or vice versa is called a love triangle which is a classic literary story element that has existed for hundreds of years. It's far from a harem and as Larethian said there is a good and naturalistic reasons for it to occur in this case.

We were just poking fun at possible potential partners, wasn't something to be taken seriously.

Unless you really wanted to believe this was a harem to begin with there is no reason to disbelieve what we are saying.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-06-01 at 11:43.
Old 2016-06-01, 11:08   Link #738
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
She got hero crush on him after he saved her life and the village from the magic/demon beasts and later the Witch Cult. Doesn't sound unusual to me. Subaru did get know her and the other kids during his time at village in arc 2 where they took a strong liking to him. That said she's a bit young (about 12-13 years old IIRC), so she screwed by age gap and time since either Emilia or Rem would gotten together with Subaru long before she could be seen as contender. Still I can't complain about the attention he's attracting, Subaru deserves all the support and admiration he's getting or gotten.
I guess I just find it shallow compared to the better stuff and I'mall for Subaru getting more girls. He deserves it.
Old 2016-06-01, 11:13   Link #739
Iron Maw
Banned

It's no shallower than the hero worship that is commonplace in most stories and really she at least does have decent reason. That said it's not something that ever going to go anywhere. She is too young and Emilia and Rem are the only people Subaru will ever have his heart on.
Old 2016-06-01, 11:28   Link #740
tsunade666

Can it be considered love triangle at all? In arc 3 maybe? But love triangle is something I consider if the two girls are active like in shakugan no Shana and in arc 3. Rem is indeed active but Emilia? She doesn't like Subarun that much in the beginning. She trust him for saving her and risking his life but that like? Nope.

And we already know what happen in the end of arc 3 so.... love triangle? I don't think so.

Tags
alternate world, not harem, reborn, thriller, time travel, webnovel