Old 2006-06-24, 13:45   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Zaizen Jotaro: Government Crime Investigation Agent

Title in Kanji: 内閣権力犯罪強制取締官・財前丈太郎

Title in Romanji: Naikaku Kenryoku Hanzai Kyosei Torishimarikan Zaizen Jotaro

Genre: Detective, Drama.

Expected Release Date: July 20, 2006

When was the last time we watched a good detective story that didn't somehow exceed over 26 episodes? I can only name Spiral. I've always been a fan of short series, length wise, as I understand short series tend to focus on the subject at hand without straying too much than a lengthy series. This show is listed to have 13 episodes in Animenfo. I am definitely looking forward to it. Synopsis is in the following, also taken from Animenfo:
The close relationship between political and business circles doesn’t die; politicians and government officers line their pockets taking advantage of their positions. Zaizen Jotaro is an investigator who is allowed to use extralegal methods to crack down these power abusing criminals.
The show is based on a manga by Ken Kitashiba & Yasuhiro Watanabe. The fanbase is apparently intrigued by the well balanced political aspect mixed with drama brought out by the detective work.
Old 2006-06-25, 03:52   Link #2
NeoSam

内閣権力犯罪強制取締官 財前丈太郎
Naikaku Kenryoku Hanzai Kyosei Torishimarikan Zaizen Jotaro

Its based on a manga thats serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Comic Bunch.
For now there are 13 voumes released of the manga, and volume 14 will be released next month (July 2006).
Here are the covers:

Genre: Seinen, Drama
Old 2006-07-08, 11:20   Link #3
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

From what I've read in the rec.arts.anime.misc group of Google Groups, this show is so bad, it's a travesty of bullshit (i.e. bullshit is a lot better to view than this crap, they said).
Old 2006-07-08, 21:53   Link #4
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
From what I've read in the rec.arts.anime.misc group of Google Groups, this show is so bad, it's a travesty of bullshit (i.e. bullshit is a lot better to view than this crap, they said).
I have seen the first episode and all I can say, I'm kind of ashamed for creating this thread, especially for hoping in my opening post that this show would be some kind of good mystery show that has been lacking for sometime!
Old 2006-07-08, 22:33   Link #5
wao
OK.

When people are touting it as a worthy rival to MUSASHI ...

... Well, at least the music was nice, I liked the ED.
Old 2006-07-08, 22:46   Link #6
SinsI

Rival? This show will beat Musashi with two hands tied behind it's back - it is that bad. At least Musashi Gundoh has some animation. From the looks of Jotaro they decided to make an anime with the same amount of manpower they used to draw the manga - this thing looks like a collection of a few extremly poorly made stillshots with some 3D models thrown in...
At least you can make an AMV out of Musashi - Jotar made its way to trash bin the minute I finished episode one.
Old 2006-07-08, 23:05   Link #7
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

This anime deserves a parody fandub. Someone, please do this.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2006-07-08, 23:43   Link #8
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I guess no one will sub this, then. I hope DMP does a parody fansub just like what they did with Coyote Ragtime. At least that HAD a story and HAD consistent animation, despite having a weak plot ... assuming the whole lot of you are correct, and this being worse than Gundoh ... wow.
Old 2006-07-13, 01:00   Link #9
froinlaven
Wanchu!

This anime is hilarious. Completely and utterly unintentionally, but hilarious nonetheless. gg should pick this up, since they can't do Glass no Kantai anymore...

First impressions here.
Old 2006-07-16, 12:04   Link #10
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Zaizen Jotaro - 01 Insights

I watched an episode. Yay! OMGWTFZORZ it was so funny. I mean it.
Old 2006-07-22, 09:39   Link #11
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!

Da Bomb!

Watched it up to ep2..I was lmao thru the whole thing.lol this thing is HILLARIOUS!!!
Old 2006-09-07, 15:47   Link #12
SilentBob
I like corm

Admirable. I couldn't even manage to get through the first episode.

Perhaps I should give it another chance, but it was really pants. :P
Old 2006-09-07, 16:23   Link #13
naka

if anyone have the scans of the official op/ed lyrics, please post them up and they'll be put into the script for the next ep
Old 2006-09-07, 22:27   Link #14
tanuki

I just finished watching ep 1. It's so awesomely bad. I found myself laughing way too much at things which were unintentionally funny. An exessively stylish manly James Bond-like character with a credit card/badge that commands an over-the-top level respect and buying power. Only thing I found missing was an absence of beautiful women everywhere giving him sultry appraising looks that say "I want you". Generally the episode looked cheap with poor CG, voice acting, and almost everything else. A worthy project for parody.
Old 2006-09-07, 23:31   Link #15
Anime Online

This anime is da bomb (pun intended, check the video mid-way down the blog).
Old 2006-09-08, 13:29   Link #16
Green²
It's bacon!

I've just watched the first episode.

... Is this a Disney production?
Old 2006-09-13, 21:32   Link #17
Gage

From the description and pic on AniDB, I thought this might be a kinda cool show, and since I'd never been able to get into straight Mystery anime this might open my eyes to that genre.

Oh. My. Dear. GOD!

I like to think of myself as someone who appreciates B movies and TV shows. I even have a copy of what has been called the Worst Movie ever Made, "The Man Who Saved the World"

But nothing I have ever seen in all my years of study of bad movies could begin to prepare me for the travesty that was Zaizen. How in the name of Cthulhu did the manga this was based on go on for 14 volumes?!?!

I could understand if this was producted back in the 80s, because it has that horrible CHiPs/Miami Vice style feel to it. But this was made just a couple months ago according to AniDB!

Just how good are the drugs that the execs for the companies that made and produced this use? Because I think I'd be willing to try stuff that made them think THIS was good.

At least now I understand why only the first episode was subbed and no other groups even touched this series. Whoever is part of the group 'yu' that subbed this, you have my admiration for not losing your mind on this project, as well as my sincerest condolences for the hell you have suffered.
Old 2006-09-13, 21:55   Link #18
JayF

This show is so bad it's good!

We should make "I watched "Da bombu and survived T-shirts"
Old 2006-10-08, 08:25   Link #19
Aikousha
^_^

I was, until reading this thread, looking forward to seeing this, as a good hard-boiled detective show.
Now, I want to see it and show it as the MSTing show at my anime club.
However, that's not possible, the one group that's apparently subbing it (yu), apparently thinks putting WMV9 (or WMV3) codec inside a matroska package is a smart thing.
First, they shouldn't use a proprietary codec, and worse, such a codec shouldn't be put in an experimental package. One or the other would be fine, as I and the people at my club could play it, but if it's both, no-one I know can.
Basically I wasted a lot of time downloading this, and I can't even laugh at it.

Anyone know how to contact the "yu" fansub group?
Old 2006-10-08, 11:57   Link #20
naka

matroska is build for sticking a lot of streams in different codec/format into it

first of all, the video (wmv9 legacy compatibility mode in avi) has 'nothing' wrong with it other than it being 120fps which might encounter problems in non-windows system

saying "not" using proprietary codec on it is like saying you should stop using XviD/DviX on all the videos you do not have a right to redistribute (a.k.a. all the anime in your harddrive, on the internet) as DviX is also proprietary, Xvid is only build as 'educational' purposes for videos you yourself have rights to redistribute, not pirate, as stated by the XviD team that they do not support piracy

what you need to play on this is haali splitter for matroska, wmv9vcm package from microsoft, and vsfilter for subtitle

i would recommend you go read this thread for more information about how to get those here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=34910

in the worst case scenario where you absolutely hate wmv9 then i guess you can demux the script, find a DivX raw (which is available somewhere), readjust the time on the script, and remux
Closed Thread