AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2003-12-12, 00:24   Link #1
Flamethrower
Inactive Member

Hitsuji no Uta OVA

While not a mainstream vampire anime, hitsuji no uta is pretty interesting and intriguing. After watching hnt's various animes, it is interesting to see that they are one of the few groups subbing this anime.

Again it isnt the normal kind of vampire anime, but nonetheless it is pretty good. Although some people would disagree. What are your thoughts about it?
Flamethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 01:35   Link #2
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
I've loved the series since I saw episode one. But after checking out the manga.. I'd have to say the manga is a LOT better because it has more details. ^_^ Either way though.. The story and everything is really great. It's nice when anime does stuff dark. Like Rumiko Takahashi's dark mermaid saga.
Koshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 02:59   Link #3
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I love this show, ova 3 just came out from HnT heres the link to it http://a.scarywater.net/hikari/ since animesuki is having trouble with updating their site.
Old 2003-12-12, 03:38   Link #4
Flamethrower
Inactive Member

Didnt know it was out

I didnt know it was out, must go and check it out, thanks.

Pity it doesnt come in ac3 audio, since its an OVA and the source should be from a dvd, would have been fun to listen it with my speakers blasting away with that eerie mood.

Oh well beggars cant be choosers.
Flamethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 08:57   Link #5
mono no aware

hmmmmm

Last edited by mono no aware; 2003-12-28 at 00:07.
mono no aware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 09:17   Link #6
DemonEye

This is a great OVA. But after seeing ep 3, it seems too short with just one ep to go. I just got to have ep 4 NOW
DemonEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 14:55   Link #7
vspirit
...huh?

Spoiler:
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 17:33   Link #8
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vspirit
Spoiler:
no it doesn't
Old 2003-12-13, 03:31   Link #9
vspirit
...huh?

...sure, ok. if you say so.
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 03:45   Link #10
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
no it doesn't
Yes it does.

I think mono no aware saying "love's impossibility" was referring to that.
(though it might refer to the painter girl friend, I prefer it to bolster my argument instead) Besides,
Spoiler:

As for the OP, I'm really liking this anime. A thriller/horror flick told from the point of view of a sympathetic character trying to fight his psychosis... wow. That first ep was a great cliffhanger as to whether he would take the blood at the end.

Also, the slight cuts and small amounts of blood make me squirm a lot worse than the gory animes like Fist of the North Star. Ewwwugggh oh, that's gross.

The very limited animation budget is confusing, why would such a good story not get funded well? It's a bit distracting. The director and editor have done extremely well with what they have, but still I keep thinking of the joke in Cromartie... wondering if this were really "anime" because nothing is moving.

-k
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 04:39   Link #11
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I don't think they even kissed at the end, it looks like it but we couldn't exactly see them kissing. They were standing very close to each other but no kissing the camera was sort of at an angle. I just can't belive them actually having such strong feelings for each other so quickly. If they did kiss then it might be a misunderstanding or an accident or whatever. Anyways I'm prolly wrong the next OVA should clear things up I guess for me.

P.S vspirit- don't be such an smart ass ok I just was posting what I think.

Last edited by Keitarou20; 2003-12-13 at 05:07. Reason: Spelling errors
Keitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 05:33   Link #12
mono no aware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious

I think mono no aware saying "love's impossibility" was referring to that.
(though it might refer to the painter girl friend, I prefer it to bolster my argument instead)
yeah i was referring to the painter girlfriend.

the dynamics between kazuna and his sister is kind of weird ... i think it's partly affection (i.e. between sister and brother), partly attraction (doesn't kazuna say something about not really feeling like they are siblings even now towards the end of episode 3?)

also, chizuna letting her brother suck her blood ... hmmm ... something freudian going on here. but she is the older sister so it's quite natural for her to have taken on a maternal role.

the doctor says that in order for chizuna to be receptive to kazuna's blood kazuna has to symbolically replace their father or assume his emotional significance in chizuna's mind. furthermore, he implies that he hasn't been able to do that - you can see that he's in love with chizuna, but that particular man-woman bond is not strong enough to supercede the kind of relationship chizuna had with her father (again freudian overtones here). so really it's up to kazuna - but as a brother or man or both?

can't wait for the last episode.

Last edited by mono no aware; 2003-12-13 at 08:29.
Old 2003-12-13, 12:47   Link #13
h2so4
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamethrower
I didnt know it was out, must go and check it out, thanks.

Pity it doesnt come in ac3 audio, since its an OVA and the source should be from a dvd, would have been fun to listen it with my speakers blasting away with that eerie mood.

Oh well beggars cant be choosers.

Well.. the raws often dont contain ac3 sounds and unless the group is rich enough to buy the R2 dvd itself and rip it... or perhaps download the vobs (which is hard to find I might add) then usually we are stuck with mp3 sounds.
h2so4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 15:36   Link #14
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mono no aware
yeah i was referring to the painter girlfriend.
D'oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mono no aware
also, chizuna letting her brother suck her blood ... hmmm ... something freudian going on here. but she is the older sister so it's quite natural for her to have taken on a maternal role.

can't wait for the last episode.
Yes, I can imagine some ways that perverted psycho Freud would interpret the consumption of life force from a new-found sister who used to get by on her father's blood. Perhaps it could represent how most relationships involve the give and take of our most precious resources... bleah... that's all too subjective for me.

I can't wait for that last ep too. This anime has turned out more horrifying that any other "real" vampire story I've encountered.... all while staying fairly dignified with no nudity, explicity sex, or gratuitous violence.

-k
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 19:43   Link #15
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I think that sister is going to die. I mean she is suppose to be really weak already, and suddenly you have someone sucking all this blood out of you - it cannot be healthy.

I also feel horrible for that painter girl, she really love that boy doesn't she. She was even willing to let him suck her blood.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 19:44   Link #16
mono no aware

Last edited by mono no aware; 2003-12-28 at 00:14.
Old 2003-12-13, 19:45   Link #17
mono no aware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
I think that sister is going to die.
the sister is hot.
Old 2003-12-13, 19:48   Link #18
mono no aware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
I also feel horrible for that painter girl, she really love that boy doesn't she. She was even willing to let him suck her blood.
yeah but kazuna can only have his sister's blood now ... tragic tragic
Old 2003-12-13, 19:53   Link #19
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I don't think the sister/Chizuna will die, well I hope not, it be just too sad. I also feel sorry for painter girl she liked him a lot and probably wont ever see him again at school.
Old 2003-12-14, 15:28   Link #20
ixspa

Unhappy everything points to chizuna's death so far

what has me curious is why kazuna's cute classmate hasn't been tracking him down just yet...as far as chizuna's future, I wouldn't be surprised if she does end up dying and then in a "romeo and juliet"esque type deal he'll probably take the pill and goodbye siblings although I would hope not because that would kinda put a damper on the semi-unpredictable ambiance that this awesome little gem has laid before us so far...
ixspa is offline   Reply With Quote