Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-28, 15:05   Link #841
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I got around to watching episode 8 last night and i must say several things in this episode annoyed the hell out of me...i just honestly think he [Kyoushirou] does not know what he's doing...
Spoiler for ep8:
...WTF WTF WTF...
Nice post, even though I don't share your feelings. The immense WTF quotient is one of the great things about this show, for me.
Spoiler for ep8:
And Barbka, as for the 30-second previews of each episode, here is the page for ep9. The blue button in the middle right of the page is this week's preview, and you can link to the others from the list at the left-hand side of the page.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 16:17   Link #842
Barbka

uau thank you so much kaoru
Barbka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 17:24   Link #843
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
making a grand entrance like he Jesus super star with all the damn feathers floating around i felt like i was watching a damn care bear special.
Hahahahaha

Oh, I loved that.
Kipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 17:50   Link #844
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Nice post, even though I don't share your feelings. The immense WTF quotient is one of the great things about this show, for me.
Spoiler for ep8:
And Barbka, as for the 30-second previews of each episode, here is the page for ep9. The blue button in the middle right of the page is this week's preview, and you can link to the others from the list at the left-hand side of the page.
I think one of the biggest draws of the show to me is that i can complain about certain aspects that annoy me but still love the show. Kyoshiro does not show his real self to others even though Kuu saw several signs of it over the past 3 or 4 more episodes. I think on the inside he is still that immature boy that idolized his older brother. This tough exterior we see is only front to cover up for the pain he feels inside. Before Kyoshiro can be of any use to anyone he needs to deal with his inner demons first. But your right the WTF factor is what makes me keep coming back for more.
Old 2007-02-28, 17:56   Link #845
Rall)eon117X
Lightning Alchemist

I just started watching this series. It's pretty cool! Just watched Episode 8 yesterday and I'm pretty interested in how this is all going to turn out. I do have a couple of things i want to say though:

I really do feel sorry for Setsuna. She's always been the one next to Kyoshiro all the time, and she does anything for him. I just dont think that she deserves to be treated like that. Even if she's an absolute angel, he must be insane to not think that she has feelings and wants to comfort him when he isn't feeling normal sometimes.

And I think Kuu is starting to get a tiny bit selfish. Yes, I know she cares really deeply for Kyoshiro, and is a bit unstable as to who she is and what she is, but i think that even above that i would feel pretty guilty for trying to break apart Setsuna and Kyoshiro. However, i can understand fully well why she went along with it all, as he said he never had any feelings for Setsuna and vice versa, but the result was clear on Setsuna's part: She did care a lot for Kyoshiro.

Concerning Kazuya, the only reason as to why i can think that he smoked Kyoshirou was that he isnt upholding Kazuya's wishes...but that's just what i think. Maybe Kazuya wanted them to live normally and not exterminate them.

Well, all we have to do is wait for the tear-fest/Episode 9 . On average, how long does it take for them to be subbed after release?
Rall)eon117X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 18:00   Link #846
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Kyoshiro does not show his real self to others even though Kuu saw several signs of it over the past 3 or 4 more episodes
and the funny part is all those signs of weakness always involve kazuya in one form or another ~ hes gone wayyyy past the point of idolizing and into obsession...next step...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 19:32   Link #847
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rall)eon117X View Post

And I think Kuu is starting to get a tiny bit selfish. Yes, I know she cares really deeply for Kyoshiro, and is a bit unstable as to who she is and what she is, but i think that even above that i would feel pretty guilty for trying to break apart Setsuna and Kyoshiro.
I don't think so at all - in ep8 she even offered to be fused with Setsuna, just so she wouldn't be a dead weight. How that can be viewed as selfish is beyond me 0_o.

That aside, there is nothing to break apart to begin with
Old 2007-02-28, 21:39   Link #848
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I don't think so at all - in ep8 she even offered to be fused with Setsuna, just so she wouldn't be a dead weight. How that can be viewed as selfish is beyond me 0_o.
It was selfish because she didn't even though what Setsuna would think about the fusion thingy. And what about the yubikiri (pinky swear)? She was more worried about the possibility of Kyoshiro not coming back to her than about how Setsuna would react when Kyoshiro told her she was not needed anymore (even though he had been using her as his personal slave since the first episode, and even before).

Quote:
That aside, there is nothing to break apart to begin with
True, because she was just a pawn for him.
Old 2007-02-28, 22:06   Link #849
Kipp
Uncertainty

Wee, I finally got around to watching episode 8 subs.

Spoiler:
Kipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 22:11   Link #850
Tsuki-Miko-14
aRed moon look evil to me

Location: do u like to know where ............well im in hell ,are you happy now
Send a message via AIM to Tsuki-Miko-14
ijust the the next epi 9 clip on kyoshiro offical sit.
omg did setsuna try protecting kuu .and she was crying again btw kuu and kyoshrio.
himiko with out glass look lot diff but still i think she still very cute with or with out glasss .
and i think that kaon is try to protect himiko this time.and fight mika ?? i hope.
i think that Waruteisia and kyoshiro's bro are the bad guy this time .
i cant freaking wait for this epi.

Spoiler:
Tsuki-Miko-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 23:57   Link #851
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I love Kuu, but I think she can only think of Kyoushirou, and isn't capable of giving much consideration to anyone else, including Setsuna. She's stumbling forward in a rosy haze of love, fear and ignorance. That being the case, I don't blame her at all for anything she's done, so far.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-03-01, 03:36   Link #852
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It was selfish because she didn't even though what Setsuna would think about the fusion thingy. And what about the yubikiri (pinky swear)? She was more worried about the possibility of Kyoshiro not coming back to her than about how Setsuna would react when Kyoshiro told her she was not needed anymore (even though he had been using her as his personal slave since the first episode, and even before).
I can not see how offering to give up her life for his sake is selfish in any way, even if it does not involve the consideration of Setsuna's feelings on the spot. In that case might as well label all the "heroes" we see dying while staying behind to save their friends as "selfish" - i mean, they don't care about the feelings on the matter of those they are saving, right ?

The Yubikiri? So what. What would you consider a not selfish action at this point from Kuu? Waiting till Setsuna dies of old age before showing her feelings to Kyoshiro ? Because, as far as i can see it, any action she takes that involves Kyoshiro is labeled as selfish. (Include her current mental state as well - she just tried to kill herself)

Setsuna's situation is not going to change no matter what Kuu does... no, actually it can only improve - Kyoshiro has acknowledged Setsuna as a human being whom he needs to apologize to, and is no longer looking at her as merely a pawn and a "thing".

Quote:
She was more worried about the possibility of Kyoshiro not coming back to her than about how Setsuna would react
Of course, and i wouldn't expect anything else from any human being. Who is more important to her - Setsuna or Kyoshiro? It is perfectly normal that your biggest concerns lie with the person most important to you, not some one who could be considered your "rival". Of course, some consideration is nice, and i have no doubt we will see some, but asking of her to care about Setsuna's feelings more than about Kyoshiro not coming back is... unreasonable imo.

Besides - Setsuna is well aware that Kyoshiro does not have any feelings for her. I prefer Setsuna over Kuu by a mile, and she is by far my most favorite girl of the show, but i can not, for the life of me, figure out why i should view Kuu as selfish or anything. I hate Kyoshiro for Setsuna's situation, not Kuu, who was dragged into all of this in the first place.

Last edited by Skyfall; 2007-03-01 at 03:48.
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 07:34   Link #853
Guppy

I don't think Kuu can be blamed for what's happened, since more than anything she's forced everyone in the emotional triangle to be honest about their own feelings - and without honesty, I don't think any relationship is worth much. Kyoshiro has obviously been in denial about his growing affection for Kuu this whole time, but Setsuna has equally been in denial about what she desires from her relationship with Kyoshiro.

Setsuna's strategy to date has been to go along with whatever Kyoshiro orders, desperately hoping for his approval while terrified that he'll dispose of her if she doesn't measure up. In the process, though, she only managed to reinforce his image of Absolute Angels as mere tools unworthy of respect or consideration. The prospect of losing Kyoshiro to Kuu has forced Setsuna to realise what that she wants is more than just what her master wants. Although it's obviously painful for her, I can't see this as a bad thing in the long run, no matter who gets Kyoshiro in the end.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 07:42   Link #854
Key Board
Carbon

episode 9 teaser

SPOILER

Spoiler:
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 08:14   Link #855
inaho

I don't really see Kuu being selfish, she didn't even know that she was an AA in the first place, her life is perfectly normal until Kazuya and Kyoshiro came barging into her doorstep and suddenly try take her away into their little world.

And you couldn't blame Kuu for falling for Kyoshiro either afterall she saw the true Kyoshiro, a good guy. Although he has this so-called "niisan complex" (credits to Kuu for that, Kyoshiro just has to get over his brother).

Another thing is Kuu as her feelings for Kyoshiro grew thought about Setsuna all the time, thinking that she was being inconsiderate, barging into Setsuna's territory after being good to her and all (maybe it was just Kyoshiro's order, remember episode 7)

Lastly, afterall Kuu is still human regardless of the fact that she is an AA (I think of all the AA's she has the most humane mentality). Saying this, its understandable why Kuu chose her feelings for Kyoshiro over Setsuna because she liked him the most just like Skyfall said

And Setsuna being put aside isn't true. Kyoshiro just said it himself, "settle things with Setsuna, after all, I've done so many bad things towards her" but time wasn't on Kyoshiro and Kuus side (that's the only time she didn't follow Kyoshiro's instruction) Setsuna followed him and have to see it for herself. Her prince has chosen someone else.

Setsuna should have been true to her feelings and fight for what she really wants and like no matter how gruesome things could get but its too late all she can do now is just look at him from afar.

If I were her, I should have put a leash on Kyoshiro so that he won't come wagging his tail on some other girls skirt-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
episode 9 teaser

SPOILER

Spoiler:
Kuu shouldn't choose Kazuya or else she would just be a total deadpan for me another heroine cut off in my list
inaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 13:12   Link #856
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Of course, and i wouldn't expect anything else from any human being. Who is more important to her - Setsuna or Kyoshiro? It is perfectly normal that your biggest concerns lie with the person most important to you, not some one who could be considered your "rival". Of course, some consideration is nice, and i have no doubt we will see some, but asking of her to care about Setsuna's feelings more than about Kyoshiro not coming back is... unreasonable imo.
First, I never blamed Kuu for Setsuna's situation (Kyoshiro is the one to blame). But the fact that she has been selfish remains. To be worried about Kyoshiro not coming back to her has nothing to do with to be concerned about her most important person; she is just privileging her own feelings over Setsuna's, which is what we normally regard as selfishness (even if it is totally normal for a human being, like you say).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Setsuna's strategy to date has been to go along with whatever Kyoshiro orders, desperately hoping for his approval while terrified that he'll dispose of her if she doesn't measure up. In the process, though, she only managed to reinforce his image of Absolute Angels as mere tools unworthy of respect or consideration. The prospect of losing Kyoshiro to Kuu has forced Setsuna to realise what that she wants is more than just what her master wants. Although it's obviously painful for her, I can't see this as a bad thing in the long run, no matter who gets Kyoshiro in the end.
Setsuna's strategy? lol. And Kaon strategy is letting herself to be beaten to a pulp so she can make Mika happy and eventually have her way with her?

Na, AA don't have "strategies". They grow to believe they are nothing but tools; slaves who have to obey their masters' orders without hesitation. How do you spect Setsuna to even think about the possibility of revealing her feelings to Kyoshiro, when she has been brainwashed to believe she has no even right to be alive.

But I agree with you that Kuu has forced her to realise she's more than what Kyoshiro made her believe she was; she's more than a tool, she has feelings. So, in a way, the recent development is a good thing.
Old 2007-03-01, 13:28   Link #857
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
First, I never blamed Kuu for Setsuna's situation (Kyoshiro is the one to blame). But the fact that she has been selfish remains. To be worried about Kyoshiro not coming back to her has nothing to do with to be concerned about her most important person; she is just privileging her own feelings over Setsuna's, which is what we normally regard as selfishness (even if it is totally normal for a human being, like you say).
Still, calling Kuu selfish is a stretch. Yes, all humans are selfish to a degree, and every one knows it. So why aren't we running around pointing fingers to each other and calling every one selfish? Because there is a degree how selfish each person is.

Usually this term is reserved for the more severe cases, wouldn't you agree ? If it would be used to describe every human, there would be little use for such a term to begin with imo. Is selfishness a big part of Kuu's character? Not even close in my books.

Describing Kuu as a selfish girl would be far of the mark, at least in my books, because it is definitely not one of her defining features.
Old 2007-03-01, 13:33   Link #858
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Setsuna's bells tell me something...i swear everytime they jingle it feels as if some part of her soul has escaped her body in reaction to whatever kuu and kyoshiro do...its painful to think about how she feels with the whole "love to but not loved by" situation with her and kyoshiro (ive seen quite a few of these situations ~ example would be kaede from shuffle! ~ pains! >.<)

edit ~
Quote:
Still, calling Kuu selfish is a stretch. Yes, all humans are selfish to a degree, and every one knows it. So why aren't we running around pointing fingers to each other and calling every one selfish? Because there is a degree how selfish each person is.

Usually this term is reserved for the more severe cases, wouldn't you agree ? If it would be used to describe every human, there would be little use for such a term to begin with imo. Is selfishness a big part of Kuu's character? Not even close in my books.

Describing Kuu as a selfish girl would be far of the mark, at least in my books, because it is definitely not one of her defining features.
kuu isnt selfish...but its her attitude towards and finding out that she is an AA which makes her seem selfish ~ okey its understandable that she is shocked by the whole situation but strongly crying over that she is an AA in front of setsuna...think about how she feels ~ kuu is putting her sadness in the way that makes her seem that all AA's are bad ~ i can just see setsuna thinking "hey whats wrong with being an AA" or something along those lines ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 13:47   Link #859
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ Question is, is Kuu capable of thinking about that in the given situation? Her world collapses beneath her feet, and she finds out that the person she loves is out to kill "her kind", and it seems there are a lot of people after her as well.

I think i would cry too, and i would like to believe that i am emotionally stronger than a 16 year old girl with Kuu's personality and inferiority complex

I am not blaming Kuu for breaking down, same way i am not blaming Yuuichi for acting the way he did 7 years ago, same way i am not blaming Haruhiko in Gift for the way he behaved 7 years ago... blaming people for acting like people seems a bit unreasonable to me.
Old 2007-03-01, 14:54   Link #860
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I was just realizing how good a job Setsuna's VA, Matsuoka Yuki, is doing. Her quiet, repressed tones really convey Setsuna's state of mind in a way the images wouldn't do by themselves. She also plays Evangeline A.K. MacDowell in Negima!?, and was Nana in Elfen Lied and Osaka in AzuDaioh.

Here's her agency page (with voice samples) and here's her photo (she's 26):

Tags
action, fantasy, kaishaku, romance, shounen