1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.13%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-08, 20:45   Link #401
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Then find an in-universe explanation for all of the neck-craning and screaming at the top of the lungs inside cockpits or all of the boom pew pew in SPACE.

Same deal here...they probably gave it little thought and just thought it'd make the Trinity siblings look cooler and give the audience a clue.
Ummmmmmm you don't really understand mecha that much do you? Compared to shows like Mazinkaiser, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Gaogaigar and Shin Getter Robo there isn't really any screaming, nor at the top of ones lungs. And even still, as others say, it's been a staple of the genre since the very beginning. It's supposed to be a hot-blooded expression. Just hearing Kouji Kabuto do his lines in Super Robot Wars with his voice synthesized by Mazinkaiser gives me goosebumps in fact. There's no in-universe explanation, because its not out of the ordinary. Frankly the writers don't care, nor should they.

Also, what's this about space? The series has barely had any space battles so far. I count two.

By the way, Breaking The 4th Wall is a phrase which has it's roots in theatre. The 4th wall is the invisible barrier between the stage and the audience that the actors are not meant to be able to see through or to react to what's happening on the other side. To them the end of the stage is as real as any wall, as are the 1st-3rd walls, which are of course the back, left and right sides of the stage. Breaking the fourth wall is a metaphor for when the actors briefly react to or acknowledge the audience and what's happening offstage. Eifman's situation is not anything resembling breaking the fourth wall as he did not acknowledge us, the viewers, in any way, nor did the computer screen.

edit: And WD just actually said that before me. Well then....
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 20:55   Link #402
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

That's called "Everything is acceptable, until it appear in Gundam show".
Old 2008-02-08, 21:14   Link #403
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Okay fine not a 4th wall breakage but essentially shit that wouldn't have happened if the producers didn't need to clue the audience in. Seriously why else would the Throne pilots AIM Eifman other than to let us viewers know "this guy's about to go up in a giant spray of our patented tomato-sauce beam"?
Old 2008-02-08, 21:55   Link #404
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Okay fine not a 4th wall breakage but essentially shit that wouldn't have happened if the producers didn't need to clue the audience in. Seriously why else would the Throne pilots AIM Eifman other than to let us viewers know "this guy's about to go up in a giant spray of our patented tomato-sauce beam"?
Because they wanted to? People have done crazier things IRL you know.

I don't get what your gripe is with such a minor and trivial detail. It added some characterization to the Thrones, showed off their hacking power, and best of all was quite the cool moment.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 22:31   Link #405
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
That's called "Everything is acceptable, until it appear in Gundam show".
Truer words man, truer words.

Quote:
Oh please....
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 22:56   Link #406
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Because they wanted to? People have done crazier things IRL you know.

I don't get what your gripe is with such a minor and trivial detail. It added some characterization to the Thrones, showed off their hacking power, and best of all was quite the cool moment.
I mean with that said I never necessarily thought that the Trinity actually hacked the comp...I thought it was VEDA or some other CB gatekeeper who gives Trinity there orders that may have done it (Purple-Nerple Haro perhaps?)...I mean only Kira types text messages during engagments in Gundam ...
Old 2008-02-08, 23:48   Link #407
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
They take their marching orders from a computer they know nothing of and a sucidal woman who drinks too much, while championing a very vague set of ideals and taking on the entire human race in the process. Being used is all they know how to do. What sense does it make for them to suddenly cope an attitude while giving no real indication they actually believe in what they're doing just because someone might actually have an understandable and achieveable goal in mind?

I still don't understand why any of them signed up for this. I mean, I think Setsuna's in it for his ego. Allejuah simply likes to kill people. Who knows why Lock-on signed up because terrorism seems like a pretty sad reason to make the world your enemy, while Tieria is the most confusing of all.
They signed up cause they are products of war; heck, I don't think anyone else would sign up but them. Setsuna was a child soldier, Lockon a victim of terrorism and Al was a lab experiment. They know first hand war = crap, so they're holding on to ideals of CB
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 00:03   Link #408
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
They signed up cause they are products of war; heck, I don't think anyone else would sign up but them. Setsuna was a child soldier, Lockon a victim of terrorism and Al was a lab experiment. They know first hand war = crap, so they're holding on to ideals of CB
Isn't that what I basically said? We know their backgrounds and that they all basically have no where else to go. That still doesn't prove anything about their idealogy.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 00:19   Link #409

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Yep, I also agree. They're practically DESPERATE to end war(s).

Unfortunately, there's no such thing as 100% ideal in this world and CB is also not
an exception. There are always those that have different goals...

How come the CB technology level so far advanced than the rest of the worlds ?
I guess that CB "supporters/backers" are spread out in all the world's governments and organizations...

They may not be exactly member of CB, but only cooperate with CB to serve their own interests... Even worse, it might be something like Jupiter "government" + CB + CB "supporters/backers" AGAINST the rest of the world...

Various technologies have been "leaking out" slowly and to make it worse the
"latest technologies" are always kept and not published. It's saying something like this : "Swords and spears are our latest weapon", but in reality nuclear weapons have already been invented !

Just think about it, how come so many scientists suddenly missing if there is no interference from CB "supporters/backers" inside governmental bodies ? Not to mention money and other resources needed to develop the gundams ?

I guess that some form of world dominance is their final goal...
06294086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 21:21   Link #410
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

... And Menclave FINALLY releases Episode 17...

*Gets*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 22:23   Link #411
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

The more I see them, the more I think Nena should get with Micheal. No, I'm not a fan of either of them, I just get a weird twisted vibe.
Marina Ismail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 07:24   Link #412
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
As for my thoughts on the episode, scaring Eifman before murdering him is indicative of psychopathy. I seriously doubt whomever had him killed had a personal grudge, but hacking his computer in the middle of a military base just to tell him he's "seen too much" and then kill him is simply crazy. You wouldn't do that if you weren't.
Well, they'd probably hacked into his computer for a while, to see what he knew, before deciding to attack a USAF base just to kill him.

And when they launched their attack, probably the first thing theyd did was cut off his means of communication, lest his last act was to post all he knew on the internet or something.

But, yeah. The taunting was a bit much.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote