AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-06, 08:33   Link #201
Slick_rick

Priscilla could have killed Clare at anytime so far so I don't think she wants to actually kill her. She's just battered her a bit but nothing too bad. I expect that either Clare makes her remember her past or there is something different or drastic that Priscilla has to respond to from the Destroyer. I'm certain she has to have already released who Clare is too. Personally I don't think she wants to kill any of them and is just annoyed because she hasn't remember her past even though it was Clare(apparently) she's been searching for this whole time.

I actually feel sorry for Tabitha the most this chapter, and she wasn't even in it. Currently she's the most underdeveloped character of all the ghosts including Galatea, Miata and Clarice. After the time skip Yoki sensing was what set her apart in the group but now she's completely outdone but Galatea. Since then her biggest character development has been a hairstyle change! You know things are going bad when a women changes hairstyles suddenly. Now this chapter basically calls her out as a Miria fangirl who agrees with everything she says, which honestly people already figured out but still... This girl gets no love from Yagi.
Old 2010-03-06, 09:49   Link #202
Cyclone
Transient Guest

There is also the possibility (admittedly small) that Priscilla will simply not chase Clare, Helen and Deneve. She might decide that doing after the Raciella to be more important. (Yeah yeah - we can hope, can't we? [Please let them get away before Galatea-sama shows up])

Anyone else though think that Raciella is not deserving to be called "the Destroyer" as much as someone else? I mean so far she's killed a few villagers, and been a general nuisance with her rather evangelism of nekophilia. Someone else is responsible for: the rest(majority) of the villagers, Alicia, Beth, Riful, Duff, Teresa, Noel, Sophia... (and has her sights now on Clare). Do you think Priscilla is just jealous over the title?
Old 2010-03-06, 10:37   Link #203
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
It's possible she's still alive, but at the same time doubtful.

Originally it looked like her purpose was to let Clare know Raki was travelling with Priscilla, but now it would be pointless.
Honestly, I'm pretty close to writing her off in my mind.

I think that as time goes on, the odds of her still being alive decrease. I guess her purpose was to simply awaken Raciella.

But who knows, maybe she ends up becoming the first new recruit to the Ghosts after all.

Looking back at that scene with Raki, I kind of wonder what the point of it was; I guess for consistancy, the promise had to be made(as well as new info on what Raki has been doing and Priscilla's state)...though I wonder how it will affect the future, if at all.

I guess if Renee does survive, and she does tell Claire, I guess she'll be happy to hear that he's gotten strong enough to defeat Yoma and he was close...and how Priscilla used to be.
Old 2010-03-06, 11:09   Link #204
haegar
mangaviking

would be kinda cool if Helen&Deneve and Clare stubled over a half-dead Renee while on the run from Prissy... and Renee tells Clare what she has to tell... and that then somehow changes how things turn out... and as I know Yagi that's the moment where Renee's gonna get speared by another volley from the destroyer and pass away tragically - damn... I was getting used to the dreadlocks
Old 2010-03-06, 12:24   Link #205
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Do you think Priscilla will now recognize Claire as the one Raki was looking for?

Right now, the three Ghosts need something to save themselves from a quick death; for attempting to escape her and snatch Claire away, something has to happen to interrupt a very quick one-sided fight. Claire is in obviously no condition to do anymore fighting, even if Deneve were to kick her this time, or even talking for that matter. The way I see it, either an outside source interferes again, or Priscilla does or says something to end the fighting.

Since I doubt someone else will happen on the scene, odds are then that Priscilla will be the one to make the move. It kind of has to be her because, especially by attempting to attack her, she would otherwise just kill everyone. She has to come to some sort of conclusion, that would make her forget wanting to kill these three for attempting to kill her and escape.
Priscilla should already know that this is raki's clare because clare mentioned his name.

I think it depends on how good priscilla is at tracking clare down by scent.
If helen and deneve took some suppressants from dietrichs comrades tracking them down by yoki should be impossible for priscilla. Even without yoki suppressants the huge yoki of raciella should mask their small yokis.
To priscilla has to pursue them by sight which is not that simple because all those hellcats are awakening and will probably go after priscilla(large yokisource) and perhaps even ignore helen deneve and clare which should prevent her from pursuing them and let her soon loose track.

By the way priscilla was already bored by clare so the possibility that she simply looses interest is not that small as cyclone said i think.
Old 2010-03-06, 13:30   Link #206
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Honestly, I'm pretty close to writing her off in my mind.

I think that as time goes on, the odds of her still being alive decrease. I guess her purpose was to simply awaken Raciella.

But who knows, maybe she ends up becoming the first new recruit to the Ghosts after all.

Looking back at that scene with Raki, I kind of wonder what the point of it was; I guess for consistancy, the promise had to be made(as well as new info on what Raki has been doing and Priscilla's state)...though I wonder how it will affect the future, if at all.

I guess if Renee does survive, and she does tell Claire, I guess she'll be happy to hear that he's gotten strong enough to defeat Yoma and he was close...and how Priscilla used to be.
I think she's still alive. Dauf chased her but then all hell broke loose and Dauf stopped chasing her. Well, she may be alive if she hid, if she encountered anything she'd be dead because of the suppressants hindering her fighting ability.

I hope she is alive, the Ghosts need more allies.
Old 2010-03-06, 15:09   Link #207
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

I see no logic in riful sparing renee. She is IMO with a probability near 100% dead.
Old 2010-03-06, 15:11   Link #208
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I think she's still alive. Dauf chased her but then all hell broke loose and Dauf stopped chasing her. Well, she may be alive if she hid, if she encountered anything she'd be dead because of the suppressants hindering her fighting ability.

I hope she is alive, the Ghosts need more allies.
She has no reason to turn on the organisation. She's still loyal to them.
Old 2010-03-06, 15:22   Link #209
Gooral
Banned

@irvinethearcher
I agree that Riful wouldn't spare her but that is only if she caught up with Renee. What makes you think she did? At the time she had other things to do and Duff was supposed to bring her back/kill her. He had no chances of doing that and Riful should have known it since she had to resort to strategy to capture her and do it personally the first time she chased her (although she probably did it that way to not attract too much attention, in her awakened form she would be much quicker). Renee was pretty certain she would be able to escape even the fastest AB (maybe besides AOs) and Duff had to go back pretty quick. Riful o n the other hand would not be able to locate her since Renne swallowed suppressing pill. So IMO Renee is most probably alive.
Old 2010-03-06, 16:06   Link #210
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Have i misinterpreted something that important? Riful spoke to her in person in chapter 93 i think. I will read it again.
Okay, i think riful spoke in person to renee at OM 93 05. It is only that renee wasn't shown. I don't think riful monologued. Especially the last quote from riful in which she said that renee had no chance to survive whatever she did implies to me that she had already found her.
But perhaps i am wrong and it was only a monologue. What do you guys are thinking?

Last edited by irvinethearcher; 2010-03-06 at 16:27.
Old 2010-03-06, 17:43   Link #211
TsumeBlue
Silver-Eyed Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
Have i misinterpreted something that important? Riful spoke to her in person in chapter 93 i think. I will read it again.
Okay, i think riful spoke in person to renee at OM 93 05. It is only that renee wasn't shown. I don't think riful monologued. Especially the last quote from riful in which she said that renee had no chance to survive whatever she did implies to me that she had already found her.
But perhaps i am wrong and it was only a monologue. What do you guys are thinking?

Riful was talking to herself, not Renee. She had been lured outside by Clare when Duff started wrecking castle. Renee saw the chance to escape when she left and took it. I also think Riful was implying that Renee was dead on Ch. 93 pg. 5
Old 2010-03-06, 18:09   Link #212
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Gernot's Translation - Chapter 93, Page 5

Although I said that I would release you if you made it awaken
I finally understand why you went that far to desperately try to escape…
If you had stayed there until it awakened
Someone like you would probably just have scattered away without a trace…
Too bad…
If you had only told me, I could have handled the situation a little better…
But no, you didn’t say a single word, did you!
Oh well, even if you had told me…
I don’t think I would have just accepted it either…
Either way, by that time…
you already didn’t have any other option for staying alive.

....I don't know. It seems kind of a reach to interpret her words hear that Renee has died. I can understand the idea...but I just don't see anything concrete hear that implies it, other then her wording, which is pretty much explained by the fact it's a monologue.
Old 2010-03-06, 18:14   Link #213
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Riful just assumed Renee was going to die. There is no proof whether or not she is alive or dead - it's all opinion and speculation at this point (like everything else, hahaha).
Old 2010-03-06, 18:38   Link #214
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Gernot's Translation - Chapter 93, Page 5

Although I said that I would release you if you made it awaken
I finally understand why you went that far to desperately try to escape…
If you had stayed there until it awakened
Someone like you would probably just have scattered away without a trace…
Too bad…
If you had only told me, I could have handled the situation a little better…
But no, you didn’t say a single word, did you!
Oh well, even if you had told me…
I don’t think I would have just accepted it either…
This translation is different from om and probably better because they often seem to take the first best translation they can find and don 't change it if something better comes up.

So she is most probably alive to tell clare about raki and priscilla i think.
Old 2010-03-06, 22:23   Link #215
gxy1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
This translation is different from om and probably better because they often seem to take the first best translation they can find and don 't change it if something better comes up.

So she is most probably alive to tell clare about raki and priscilla i think.
i wonder...i nvr rly liked renee, actually, but if it pleases u guys that she turns up 1 last time...

@gooral:we shall bet on that 10 chapters, ok? im betting priscilla won't die or anythin...(though i dun rly like her character right now, im hoping she can make up with clare or something, as ridiculous as it may seem)
Old 2010-03-07, 02:39   Link #216
Gooral
Banned

Renee definitely wasn't killed by Riful (otherwise she would say it straight or we would see it) even more so because Riful didn't go after Renee herself from the start. Once Duff lost her, Riful lost her too since she couldn't see nor sense her. If Renee died then she died because of hell-cats (although I doubt it).

@gxy1069
In case you didn't notice "10" is a number from a hat and just my wish. I intend to continue my countdown though but don't let it bother you .
IMO it would be best if Priscilla died and preferrably from Clare's hands. If Raki killed her I would also be satisfied (he's the one person Priscilla wouldn't suspect of wanting to kill her) but Claymore would lose a lot in my eyes if she lived happily ever after. The way I see it Claymore is best when Clare is in the forefront and other characters are just fillers and the best chapters are dark chapters not "pink" ones. I wouldn't buy that Clare would forgive Priscilla (regardless of the reason) and that she would be left alive (even if she de-awakened). So either Priscilla kills every strong claymore there is or she's killed. Any other option would make me like Claymore less.
I already don't like Claymore as much as I used to and I'm not the only one. I still consider it as one of the best shounens but it's not as interesting as it was till 13th volume IMO and that's because it became more chaotic. Too many characters (and to make it less chaotic they're split up into groups), adding new plot threads when there are many unfinished ones (e.g. revenge on MiB, DoDs, Miata and Clarice, Raki and Priscilla, Raciella, Dietrich, etc.), making a fool of the main character, lame "boss" that doesn't do anything besides yawning (Priscilla) these are things I don't like. I preferred when Claymore was much simpler and we've seen the story only from Clare's point of view. From what I see Yagi won't finish Claymore in only 25 volumes now, the popularity of it made him to change his mind and he added forcefully more characters and plot threads. That's good in a way (we will see more of Claymore) but I hope the story won't suffer from it more than it already has.
Old 2010-03-07, 04:36   Link #217
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

good chapter but no raki T.T booo~!
Old 2010-03-07, 04:43   Link #218
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
good chapter but no raki T.T booo~!
its too soon for anything major to happen to Raki. For those org members it should take a couple of days atleast to return to the HQ.
Old 2010-03-07, 06:17   Link #219
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
Dietrich nice one!
but why was she there?

Is Priscilla going to let Clare and them escape!? oO
Old 2010-03-07, 06:37   Link #220
Traun
Tetris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
The way I see it Claymore is best when Clare is in the forefront
Really? I almost though no one these day liked Clare that much (seriously there are people who are willing to let Clare die and have Helen( or Galatea, Maria or even Clarice (I swear I saw that) as the main. Not that I can really blame them ( I personally am a Raki & Priss fan, but even so would prefer them as secondary characters).

Any other option would make me like Claymore less.

What about Clare not forgiving Priscilla, but not killing her either?

Quote:
I already don't like Claymore as much as I used to and I'm not the only one.
True, you have my support here.

Quote:
Too many characters (and to make it less chaotic they're split up into groups), adding new plot threads when there are many unfinished ones (e.g. revenge on MiB, DoDs, Miata and Clarice, Raki and Priscilla, Raciella, Dietrich, etc.),
Again, spot on. But I believe Yagi introduced those in order to continue the manga for another 100-200 chapters.

Quote:
I preferred when Claymore was much simpler and we've seen the story only from Clare's point of view.
Actually I enjoy the complexity of Claymore these days (What makes a monster and what makes a man (Isley, Teresa, Priscilla, the Org.), the value of strength (Clare vs Raki, or Raki himself), bonds (the ghosts) , however by complexity I do not mean the many plotlines introduced.

Quote:
From what I see Yagi won't finish Claymore in only 25 volumes now, the popularity of it made him to change his mind and he added forcefully more characters and plot threads. That's good in a way (we will see more of Claymore) but I hope the story won't suffer from it more than it already has.
As someone could infer from my post I agree with this. We received information of that the Org is evil and the DoD exist literary within a chapter. It is like Yagi looked at what he did and said "Hmmm... martini,sex and guns? I'm not throwing this away, 100 more chapters to go...at least."
Closed Thread