AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-02-03, 03:10   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 481 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---
Chapter Status: Complete spoiler released...

Quote:
-Sasuke, looking down on Karin slowly dying, tells her she was a burden. Karin's eyes slowly go white. Presumably she has died.

-Danzou steps away from Karin's body, attempting to move (toward Sasuke?). He collapses. Madara swoops down to take Shisui's eye.

-As he falls, Danzou has a flashback of his youth and why he was not chosen to be the 3rd Hokage. It is revealed that his surname is Shimura, and that during a wartime mission, his lack of valour (his cowardice in the face of certain doom) compared to Sarutobi is what lead the Nidaime to choose Sarutobi over Danzou. Danzou's flashback fades to black...

-Switch to Sakura and her team of trackers. Kiba finds Sasuke's scent (how he found the scent is a bit of a mystery, considering that Sasuke was stuck in Madara's eye until just 10 minutes previous). Sai decides to stop Sakura from confronting Sasuke.

-The Sai-clone, which seems to have a real time connection to the original body (instantly making it the best Bushin in the series), briefly talks to Kakashi.

-Switch to Sasuke, Danzou's body has a reverse-seal on it, so that when the body dies, it will attempt to pull in any others around it, killing them in the process. The seal, of course, fails to kill anyone else, but it probably destroys Shisui's eye. Sasuke then turns his attention toward Konoha and begins his journey...again.

Last edited by james0246; 2010-02-03 at 10:49.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 03:12   Link #2
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Please don't let Karin die!!! One of the more useful girl characters we've had in awhile.
Old 2010-02-03, 03:18   Link #3
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

There is at least 50% that Karin died. Kishi did said in his last interview that the outcome of this fight will decide Sasuke's path in the future. That being said if Karin realy died, it means Sasuke sacrified his teammate. He will be completly in darkness, and wont be draged out of there, even if Naruto tries. And if he does, if Kishi realy did that. Than that would be very imoral.
Old 2010-02-03, 04:00   Link #4
Who

He commits suicide? :/
He just pulled a Deidara and denied Sasuke. Sasuke just never catches a break, does he. Poor kid, trying so hard to kill with his hate.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 04:07   Link #5
Alchemist007
*Author

So perhaps Sakura will heal her? So Sasuke is once again not going to get any kills.
Old 2010-02-03, 04:09   Link #6
Kafriel
Senior Guest

SO lemme get this straight...after Danzou gets fatally wounded by Sasuke, he somehow commits suicide, and Karin, who also got fatally wounded, is "seemingly" dead? wtf....
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 04:27   Link #7
james0246

^It is unclear what exactly Danzou does. It appears that he is trying to use a jutsu of some sort, but it is unclear if the jutsu works, or if he accidentally kills himself while trying to escape.

Also, the confirmation of Karin's death is still a little iffy...(mostly because I am the one just going through the untranslated spoiler picking out details)...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 04:36   Link #8
Rahan

According to Madara, Danzou uses a reverse sealing jutsu when on the verge of dying. There is no way he is dead.

Sentences of the week :

"this will be a nuisance" by Sasuke, looking at Karin's body.

"Things are going a little poorly" Sai to Kakashi after Sakura is ready to uses force against her team to go alone against Sasuke.

Also, the flashback is incomplete. It's only Danzou, Nidaime and Team Sarutobi being surrounded and Nidaime offering to be a decoy and naming Sarutobi hokage. If it ends here before entering into Danzou's motivations, it amounts to nothing. It's only an introduction to Danzou. It contains nothing interesting. (we already knew Sarutobi was picked over him, so what's the point ?)

Since the fight is over (Sasuke apparently directs his attention to Konoha after Danzou did his sealing ball), we need more Danzou to complete the flashback.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 04:44   Link #9
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Then I shall assume that Karin is on critical HP and Danzou did the good old trick ninjas do when they want to escape (i.e. vanish in a gust of leaves).
Old 2010-02-03, 05:42   Link #10
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Karin dies (x_x), Danzou suicides (x.x) and Sakura vs Sai (o_O). Didn't really expect that last one, but the first two were virtually given. In my mind at least. Danzou strikes me as the type that wouldn't let the enemy learn what his body could reveal. Plus if there's the possibility he can actually take someone out with the jutsu he uses, it's always a nice bonus. Nothing OOC (Out Of Character) here.

Very glad that Karin died. At least there's absolutely no doubt left. Even if she gets healed, I don't think she'll go join Sasuke again anytime soon. And she might actually tell Sakura (Because that's the most obvious saviour in my mind at the time) about it all. If she dies without telling anyone anything, I'm sure everyone will appreciate this extra step forward in the darkness that the kid is taking.

If Sakura intends to fight Sai for real. Does that mean she could potentially be considered 'rogue'?

And if she is a rogue. Does that mean she intends on finding Sasuke and... *gasp* join him? They've got a few entry-level, healer positions that just got freed up...
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 06:03   Link #11
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I doubt they'll fight each other, ever since Sai became good, he's been the conscience of everyone in naruto...I expect a lot of cheesy chatting in 482
Old 2010-02-03, 06:43   Link #12
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
Don't let Karin die, Kishi you IDIOT .
Old 2010-02-03, 07:24   Link #13
kitten320

The spoilers sad that Danzo IS dead and Karin seems to be dead as well...

I actually really hope that she is alive but Sasuke will mistake her for dead and then Sakura and others will find her and heal her.

Because I really want to see and know Karin's reaction and thoughts about her "Sasuke".
Really doubt that she will have fangirl moments any time soon.

And Sasuke is a bastard who needs to die! Karin might not be the best person but she did all in her power to always help him.
Old 2010-02-03, 08:08   Link #14
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
Karin dies (x_x), Danzou suicides (x.x) and Sakura vs Sai (o_O). Didn't really expect that last one, but the first two were virtually given. In my mind at least. Danzou strikes me as the type that wouldn't let the enemy learn what his body could reveal. Plus if there's the possibility he can actually take someone out with the jutsu he uses, it's always a nice bonus. Nothing OOC (Out Of Character) here.

Very glad that Karin died. At least there's absolutely no doubt left. Even if she gets healed, I don't think she'll go join Sasuke again anytime soon. And she might actually tell Sakura (Because that's the most obvious saviour in my mind at the time) about it all. If she dies without telling anyone anything, I'm sure everyone will appreciate this extra step forward in the darkness that the kid is taking.

If Sakura intends to fight Sai for real. Does that mean she could potentially be considered 'rogue'?

And if she is a rogue. Does that mean she intends on finding Sasuke and... *gasp* join him? They've got a few entry-level, healer positions that just got freed up...
Sakura would never go roque....but if she does Hell yeah... that would be sweet... but i expect a short adventure for her though.... but her going roque just to be with Sasuke..... just to be close to him.... to kill him off when he drops his guard or betray him and drag him back... that would be great... The Inside Girl..
Old 2010-02-03, 08:19   Link #15
zaxthezax

I read Danzou seals himself in a sphere.
Maybe to preserve his body until Anbu or something finds him - to keep secrets secret or to cure him?
zaxthezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 08:20   Link #16
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^It is unclear what exactly Danzou does. It appears that he is trying to use a jutsu of some sort, but it is unclear if the jutsu works, or if he accidentally kills himself while trying to escape.
That would be the most lame way to die.
Old 2010-02-03, 08:26   Link #17
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Danzou: I got to get outta here! *uses jutsu*

Danzou has killed himself!
*cue voice effect: "A hero(?) has fallen."*
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 08:37   Link #18
Rahan

Nah apparently, from the latest translations, it's a seal that suck everyone around him when he dies so that he can take his opponents with him. It means he was really killed by Sasuke

The thing is that, apparently, he walked away from Karin before the seal activated, so Kishi can't make it more obvious she won't die. (If he really did walk away from her)

Two new characters are introduced in Danzou's flashback. an Akimichi and an Uchiha. I think it's the night when the rift between Uchiha and Konoha opened. Probably, the only way Kishi found to make us cheer for Sasuke's stupidity is to treat us with part of the plot (a part of that night flashback) every time Sasuke gets one frag. (because as it is, that flashback is completely uninformative pointless filler, but it has the potential to be the introduction to something big)

Last edited by Rahan; 2010-02-03 at 09:19.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 09:09   Link #19
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
The thing is that, apparently, he walked away from Karin before the seal activated, so Kishi can't make it more obvious she won't die. (If he really did walk away from her)
Actually hope Karin does live, to see how she reacts to Sasuke using her then leaving her for dead like so much useless trash.

Quote:
Two new characters are introduced in Danzou's flashback. an Akimichi and an Uchiha. I think it's the night where the rift between Uchiha and Konoha opened. Probably, the only way Kishi found to make us cheer for Sasuke's stupidity is to treat us with part of the plot (a part of that night flashback) every time Sasuke gets one frag. (because as it is, that flashback is completely uninformative pointless filler, but it has the potential to be the introduction to something big)
Konoha's elders, Koharu and Homaru are also featured. So likely you're right and this is some background on the whole Uchiha/Konoha mess.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 09:35   Link #20
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Actually hope Karin does live, to see how she reacts to Sasuke using her then leaving her for dead like so much useless trash.
The reaction would be priceless IMO, so she must live.
Ryuken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion