AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-03-03, 09:46   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 485 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---
Chapter Status: Spoiler released

Quote:
-Naruto glares.

-Kakashi actually hits Sasuke.

-Sakura mouths off like an idiot. It is mentioned that Sakura's kunai was poisoned...of course...

-Naruto creates clones to hold Kakashi and Sakura back from Sasuke.

-Naruto preaches. He explains that because of the Kyuubi, he understands Sasuke’s hate and rage, but he learned that holding onto the rage would only destroy him. But, then he met Iruka and Sasuke, and all of a sudden, the world was a better place. Then he talks about bonds, and other emotional junk that most do not want a Shounen hero to mention.

-Sasuke stares at Naruto incredulously. He tells Naruto that there are only 2 options, kill Sasuke and become a hero in the village, or die by Sasuke’s hand, and become the loser.

-Naruto decides to be neither hero nor loser, instead choosing a third option: Giant Pussy.

-They clash: Rasengan vs. Chidori.

Last edited by james0246; 2010-03-03 at 13:33.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 09:59   Link #2
ragnos007

FIRST POST always wanted to say that

Question... how the hell is sasuke going to tell where naruto is??? he is blind!!! Naruto would only have to make a couple kage bushins and have them charge at sasuke along with him self so sasuke couldnt hear where Naruto with the rasengan is. He couldnt even tell that sakura was right behind him, he only found out because kakashi called out sakuras name
Old 2010-03-03, 10:00   Link #3
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Haha, thanks for the new thread. So I guess that spoiler was pretty much lagit.

Oh, I am curious though. In the spoiler d' airscapez put up on the last thread it says there were two clashes between rasengan and chidori. Is that the case, or does it just end with one?

I'm surprised Sasuke can pump out a chidori in the first place right now, but I don't think he should survive the first clash. They made such a big deal out of chidori having to have the sharingan along with it at first so that the user can dodge a counter attack. so if Sasuke is practically blind at this point, there should be no way Naruto couldn't sidestep his chidori and nail him with the rasengan.

either way ugh. So will Naruto wound him and drag his sorry butt back to Konoha, or will Madara just appear after Sasuke is seriously wounded and suck him up into his head? At this point I'll go with the later sense it's less interesting, and Kishi seems to be on a role with picking the less interesting of possible outcomes.

I'm just kind of wondering what the heck Madara is doing right now. He got the body back and confirmed the eye was no good about the time Sasuke was dealing with Sakura, so shouldn't he be back by now? My guess would be he's got Zetsu watching the fight or something and he was hoping Sasuke would kill Kakashi or die so that he had yet another eye or two before interrupting. Naruto getting involved will probably bring him back though, because Kakashi is almost certainly safe now.
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 10:09   Link #4
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
-Naruto decides to be neither hero nor loser, instead choosing a third option: Giant Pussy.

LMAO. I actually pictured that option being in the manga, just like that.
Old 2010-03-03, 10:18   Link #5
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
LOL, the comment was EPIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2010-03-03, 10:19   Link #6
SeanQ

Cool...Sasuke is basically out of chakra but still...a chidor is able to be produced...
Old 2010-03-03, 10:24   Link #7
Nite-Wing

Naruto is too pure a soul for this manga
Sasuke laid it out plain and simple kill him and become the hero or die.

At this point Sasuke's logic besides the craziness hes exhibited before makes sooo much more sense.
Naruto's 3rd option doesn't exist because he wont let it.

Am I surprised Kishi copped out like this.......Yes I am and thats what makes this chapter sooo good.
Kakashi punches sasuke I have to make that into a sig
Nite-Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 10:27   Link #8
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

so i wondered how many people are marching their way to death ....kishi making sasuke's jutsu "chakraless" and trying hard not to blind his son.
Old 2010-03-03, 10:34   Link #9
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Itachi also knew where Sasuke was. I guess there are enough senses left... yet Naruto can easily hit Sasuke while Sasuke should have a hard time hitting Naruto. In addition, is it a regular Rasengan or the regular Fuuton Rasengan?

Why doesn't Naruto just cast the Fuuton RasenShuriken? Sasuke would wonder what it is and the next moment he would get hit by it, being torn to pieces. Oh, right... third option: Giant Pussy.
Old 2010-03-03, 10:42   Link #10
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yay, no development for Naruto.....what ELSE could Naruto possibly wait for in order to make a choice!?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 10:54   Link #11
SeanQ

Don't think Sasuke's attempted attack on Sakura was registered by naruto...
Old 2010-03-03, 10:58   Link #12
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
only a sith deals in absolutes. Naruto will do what he must......

I think everything is very clear to naruto, like he said, he will do whatever it takes to bring his friend back from the darkness, thats always been his 2nd goal. Bring peace to his empire, and bring back his best friend.

as everyone might go, just kill the dumbass, its not that simple sadly. Sasuke is the 2nd main character, the complete opposite of naruto, while naruto lets go of hate and rage, sasuke holds onto it. its just the story of time, chances are that sasuke, will give his life for naruto, because thats what this is all leading up to. its all leading up to a grave choice for sasuke. Darth Vader it and kill madara, thus killing himself and saving his friend, or naruto has to make the Neon Genesis Evangelion choice and kill his friend thus ruining himself psychologically.

its all very exciting.
Old 2010-03-03, 11:10   Link #13
Nite-Wing

Sasuke actually managed to do some preaching too this chapter and let me tell you he sounded sooo far gone.
I literally dont understand anything hes doing anymore. Its like hes talking to dead people and he thinks his clan still exists or something. Craaaayyyzy
Old 2010-03-03, 11:14   Link #14
Kaiba

Wait, the Church of Narutism has failed to convert one of the heathens? This is blasphemy! This is madness!
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 11:14   Link #15
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Yay, no development for Naruto.....what ELSE could Naruto possibly wait for in order to make a choice!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Don't think Sasuke's attempted attack on Sakura was registered by naruto...
Yeah, Kishimoto is trolling us again. He claimed that Naruto would make his choice after seeing Sasuke, but considering that Naruto's choice is the same exact choice he has always made. It's plainly obvious that Naruto never even attempted to process the new information provided (concerning Sasuke), he just repeated himself, albeit via a new argument (Which is his least compelling argument. Why did you use the Kyuubi argument Kishimoto? Sasuke could care less if no one loved Naruto as a kid, and trying to show how much Naruto appreciates Sasuke means jack-shit to him. If Kishimoto was even half serious he should have used the Pain invasion as the basis for Naruto's argument...). Naruto just has one giant blind eye turned toward Sasuke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
only a sith deals in absolutes. Naruto will do what he must......
Since the Jedi Order isn't really known for being big on the whole "Gray" Side of the force, the Jedi believe in absolutes just as much as the Sith...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 11:32   Link #16
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Why did you use the Kyuubi argument Kishimoto? Sasuke could care less if no one loved Naruto as a kid, and trying to show how much Naruto appreciates Sasuke means jack-shit to him. If Kishimoto was even half serious he should have used the Pain invasion as the basis for Naruto's argument...)
My thoughts exactly! You'd think he'd talk about a Pain-afflicted konoha and watching half the village die in front of his very eyes by a cruel killing machine, much like how Sasuke had been traumatized by Itachi's massacre, but nooo it has to be inner demons...Sasuke doesn't even have any of those <_< I wonder if Naruto will ask Sasuke to go rogue with him and run away after beating him up a bit >____<
Quote:
the Jedi believe in absolutes just as much as the Sith...
In modern fantasy, the good guys (usually heaven's side) have things like absolute laws while humans and demons get the benefit of doubt
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 12:09   Link #17
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Rasengan vs Chidori - Bull-f*cking-shit! He has now fought Raikage, C, Darui, Gaara, Temari, Kankurou, Mizukage, Chojiro, Danzou and Kakashi all in one frikking day and he can still blink?!

When did Sasuke get the kyuubi

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 12:13   Link #18
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
LMAO. I actually pictured that option being in the manga, just like that.
ooohhahhahaha XD i couldnt breathe there for a second XD
Old 2010-03-03, 12:21   Link #19
Nite-Wing

Naruto should have told sasuke about the Pain invasion but then again that too good of a plot development for Kishi too have written it.
Now we have Chidori vs Rasengan part 2.

Best part of this chapter Karin actually sneaks away.(Taka reunion maybe)
Old 2010-03-03, 12:33   Link #20
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

I rarely visit the Naruto forum anymore. But it's so satifying to see that where good series grow along with their readers, Naruto's readers have outgrown the serie and openly mock every chapter.

Oh how these weekly discussions have changed over the years..

Tags
weekly chapter discussion