AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-28, 18:25   Link #201
Snait3
Antagonist

Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating thread
Old 2007-09-29, 01:32   Link #202
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snait3 View Post
Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating thread
We're giving a few days to discuss episode 26 before we post it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-09-30, 02:58   Link #203
zato_1one

Is it possible to have Character Poll for manga?
Old 2007-09-30, 03:03   Link #204
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Is it possible to have Character Poll for manga?
It is possible. While I consider this to be a viable and worthwhile prospect, I think it should wait until after the final anime character poll has existed for a while. Otherwise it will be too easy to confuse the two polls.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-10-15, 07:34   Link #205
Lemuto

Do you think that the poll should include "Symbolisms of Claymore"(discussion of the meaning of the symbol on claymore)?
Old 2007-10-15, 22:06   Link #206
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Could you please explain how those two topic belong in the same thread?

Old 2007-10-16, 06:26   Link #207
Lemuto

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Could you please explain how those two topic belong in the same thread?
I'm afraid I've got confused. There is only one topic----"Symbolisms of Claymore".
In this thread we can discuss the meaning of the symbol on claymore.Here is one sample below.

Spoiler for sample:

sorry, i don't kown how to post a picture
Old 2007-10-17, 07:49   Link #208
faint-smile
of Teresa

erm, is extra chapter 1 & 2 don't have spesific thread like extra chapter 3 & 4? correct me if i'm wrong...
Old 2007-10-17, 15:07   Link #209
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by faint-smile View Post
erm, is extra chapter 1 & 2 don't have spesific thread like extra chapter 3 & 4? correct me if i'm wrong...
Correct. ES3 was the first chapter to get its own discussion. Please discuss prior chapters in the generic manga discussion.

Old 2007-10-20, 02:59   Link #210
Sassarai
Army of One

I would like a thread that shows the difference between DBZ and Claymore cuz a lot of ppl seem to cant tell the difference nominasansir. Or maybe even a DBZ VS CLAYMORE VS BERSERK!
Old 2007-10-20, 03:15   Link #211
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
I would like a thread that shows the difference between DBZ and Claymore cuz a lot of ppl seem to cant tell the difference nominasansir. Or maybe even a DBZ VS CLAYMORE VS BERSERK!
It's not going to happen. We have no interest in creating a thread to try and compare such anime.
Old 2007-10-21, 04:26   Link #212
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I assume that was a joke since the DBZ-Claymore comparisons are mostly a joke. (Though I can't tell if the Berserk-Claymore comparisons are a joke.) At least I really hope Sassarai was joking... though this is not the right place for humor since it is an adminstrative thread.

Old 2007-10-22, 23:07   Link #213
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I would like to request a reopening of the Statistics of Claymore thread. If you feel that the discussion is off track please rename the thread, as the topic seems quite popular and it would be a shame for all that discussion to go to waste.
Old 2007-10-23, 00:09   Link #214
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
I would like to request a reopening of the Statistics of Claymore thread. If you feel that the discussion is off track please rename the thread, as the topic seems quite popular and it would be a shame for all that discussion to go to waste.
Sorry, but no. Discussion of who is stronger than whom appear in enough other threads that I don't really want to encourage them in a particular thread. I was really expecting to see that happen to the statistics thread and I would be surprised if it was not distracted to that again. I just made a place for the discussion while it was focused. I really think was a thread that served its purpose and is no longer needed. Do you really think it can stay focused on statistics if I reopened it? Do you think there is a worthwhile topic to rename it as?

If you have interesting and effective answers to these problems, then you'll find I'm willing to change my mind.

Old 2007-10-23, 00:42   Link #215
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Sorry, but no. Discussion of who is stronger than whom appear in enough other threads that I don't really want to encourage them in a particular thread. I was really expecting to see that happen to the statistics thread and I would be surprised if it was not distracted to that again. I just made a place for the discussion while it was focused. I really think was a thread that served its purpose and is no longer needed. Do you really think it can stay focused on statistics if I reopened it? Do you think there is a worthwhile topic to rename it as?

If you have interesting and effective answers to these problems, then you'll find I'm willing to change my mind.
If all discussion regarding power levels were directed to this thread it would cut down on clutter in other threads. Not to mention that the thread itself directly relates to the power levels of all the characters whose statistics are listed. The thread topic itself encouraged discussion about power levels as well, not only that, we were also discussing theory as to why certian Claymore's power levels were the way they are and how Awakening affects them, which all directly links back to the statistics posted on that thread.

I have also recieved a few PMs saying that they are quite disatisfied with the thread closing for the reasons given. So I know I am not alone in this regard.

I also believe the post count in that thread should also point to how interested people actually are about the entire thread as well.
Old 2007-10-23, 00:59   Link #216
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Very well. Some of those points are worthwhile. While I cannot say that is really a solution to the problems I see, you have convinced me that the thread has redeeming value.

I doubt that the existence of this thread will remove all discussion of power levels from other threads. I really believe that it will not remove such discussion from any thread just because they have this thread, but I suppose I won't kill the thread for this sin. Especially since the discussion has proceeded as you say.

I can't promise that I won't close this thread again someday if I feel the discussion has become sufficiently pointless, but your points were well taken and convincing.

Old 2007-10-23, 09:20   Link #217
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Thanks for reopening the thread, I do recommend a name change though; something like

"Claymore Statistics, Power Levels, and Theories" Japanese Manga spoiler of course.

That was the point of the thread is clear to all who enter it.
Old 2007-10-24, 01:17   Link #218
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Done. Thanks for the suggestion. You've truly put your stamp on it now, so please treat it kindly.

Old 2007-10-24, 08:49   Link #219
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Ill do my best
Old 2007-10-30, 14:31   Link #220
Arcananine77

I would like for a thread discussing the battles/action sequences in the series.

Subjects could vary from the best fights, to the quality of certain battles, to how well the anime managed to animate the fights and so forth.
Closed Thread