Notices

Old 2004-10-17, 02:02   Link #81
whyrph

Damnit . . .the tracker is down!!
whyrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 08:05   Link #82
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Secca has a point there. Since the primary sensory experiences of heat and taste that the artists are trying to relay can't as yet be relayed through the medium of television (that'd actually be creapy if they could some day) they're interpriting those sensory experiences through the only two remaining sensory mediums they have. Sight and sound. So in that respect, I think they do a good job.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 08:18   Link #83
Nolan Void
Discordian Game Designer

Send a message via MSN to Nolan Void
yes, down to the important issue

I think we need to know, exactly what tsukino tastes like
Nolan Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 08:25   Link #84
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan Void
I think we need to know, exactly what tsukino tastes like
Tastes like school girl
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 09:35   Link #85
s'my
watashi wa chiisaikeredo

Heh heh, Kuroyanagi at last!!!!! "Don't be slow, kid with only 5 points!"
Though they seemed to have left out how Azuma didn't realize there was going to be a test at Pantasia - that was the 1st indication I had from the manga that though he might be a bread-making genius, when it comes to other stuff he's actually rather goofy!
And yah, his anime voice so far doesn't really match that cute naive side of him (pp who've read the manga and seen his goofy questions/answers and Kawachi etc yelling at him will know what I mean ^^').
Anyhow I enjoyed the first episode. Chibi-Azuma was adorable, and while I was rather repulsed by the grandfather in the manga, he was very funny animated! And if his reaction is anything to go by, those to come will be really great. Can't wait!
s'my is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 13:32   Link #86
AS!

Hahah, an anime about baking bread ^__^;;
To be honest, thought it was quite a cool idea *aheheheh*

Right after seeing the promo I couldn't wait to see the first ep. And that first ep was quite funny! Still not sure if I'm going to 'seriously' follow this serie, but... there was something about this serie... *sigh*

Have to see some more eps before I can say I really like it or not.
AS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 13:59   Link #87
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I'm actually very pleased with how the content of the show is being portrayed very accurately. At least in the area of bread making. Having been a professional baker for a short time (too bloody hot and too many hours. Yuck. But the results are nice. ^_^) I very quickly picked up on their use of ingredients and how they made the bread, the tripple rising technique for added fluffyness and softness in the bread, and many other things. What really caught my attention was when they used the word "Gluten", a baking term for the sticky, thread like substance found in bread after water and kneeding are applied. Here's a simple web definition of it.
Quote:
Definition: Gluten is a protein found in flour, which forms during bread making. Glutanin and gliadin, two protein molecules in flour, combine to form gluten when water is added to flour and the resulting dough is worked over and over, or kneaded. The gluten forms a network that traps CO2 created by yeast, giving bread its characteristic texture and air bubbles.
I posted that because they do a better job of describing it than I could. But even if they get a few things wrong, I'll at least give them credit for taking the time to do some research before making this, because unless they had, or they already knew break making, they would not have known to mention about gluten, or even what it was. I want to see what they do during the baking test. That should be another mile marker of how much research into baking they did.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 17:47   Link #88
Akumabito

As someone who really likes the manga, I'm not liking the anime at all. None of the voices really fit the characters (except the grandpa) and they make a really big deal about the solar hands (lots of flashing and spinning). I'll give it another episode, but so far it seems a little too young shonen for my tastes.
Akumabito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 17:53   Link #89
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
I don't know yet, whether or not this anime is something worth spending time on but the baking bread part does make me feel hungry.... although in the first ep, i suppose that the cranky grandpa is something that's quite amusing.... must be something in his nato
Asakura_Y0h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 18:03   Link #90
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen Rider H
Hah! That's nothing. Just look what else he's done.

Holy, that's quite a resume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Lol that's a good question. Damnit this is not Gundam. ^^

I want to give you a rep for this (but need to spread it around)! XD
Koyasu Takehito is doing the masked Gundam character Neo for the current Gundam series as well.

This series feels like Hikaru no Go again, an interesting story from a seemingly "boring" subject. Not to mention the character reactions from eating the bread, and last but not least, Tsukino.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 19:23   Link #91
Nolan Void
Discordian Game Designer

Send a message via MSN to Nolan Void
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Tastes like school girl
the other other other white meat....

or was that pink....
Nolan Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 03:07   Link #92
crystar
*yawns*

Well....I'm a manga fan as well and I would have to say, I quite like the anime. Don't really like the music but I think it fits well with this show. My only real complaint is the whole glowing hands thing. I know his hands are warmer but..you know...Tsukino shouldn't be able guess that he has the legendary hands by just looking at them. They're just warm. >__>

Spoiler for manga:
crystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 05:02   Link #93
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystar
My only real complaint is the whole glowing hands thing. I know his hands are warmer but..you know...Tsukino shouldn't be able guess that he has the legendary hands by just looking at them. They're just warm. >__>
LMAO good point there. ^^

But it's a manga/anime they need to make some exagerations to make it interesting. It'll be boring if his hand is just warm. ^^

Also my mom used to say those guys like Azuma who are really good at cooking has golden hands. Those are gold mine, they shines, they can work miracles and makes alot of money. If I can marry one of those, The rest of my life will be without worry and I get to eat delicious food everyday. ^^ The trick is to spot one. And Tsukino did noticed Azuma's hands, she's probably quite sharp when it come to bread and has a good business sense. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 07:17   Link #94
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
LMAO good point there. ^^

But it's a manga/anime they need to make some exagerations to make it interesting. It'll be boring if his hand is just warm. ^^

Also my mom used to say those guys like Azuma who are really good at cooking has golden hands. Those are gold mine, they shines, they can work miracles and makes alot of money. If I can marry one of those, The rest of my life will be without worry and I get to eat delicious food everyday. ^^ The trick is to spot one. And Tsukino did noticed Azuma's hands, she's probably quite sharp when it come to bread and has a good business sense. ^^
In the manga Tsukino (and everyone else for that matter) only realizes that Azuma has solar hands when they touch his hands or they see how fast his bread rises. There isn't any "recognition by sight" going on anywhere.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 08:14   Link #95
Crimsonmon

Send a message via AIM to Crimsonmon Send a message via MSN to Crimsonmon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
In the manga Tsukino (and everyone else for that matter) only realizes that Azuma has solar hands when they touch his hands or they see how fast his bread rises. There isn't any "recognition by sight" going on anywhere.
Or she could of just felt the heat radiating from his hands, or not...
Crimsonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 08:44   Link #96
TronDD
Team the box!

Really, she just noticed his confidence and made the assumption about his solar hands. Still, that's kinda lame.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 10:13   Link #97
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
But she does in the anime. Even Kuroyanagi the examiner can use other sense including smell and sight to recognize good or bad bakers. I wouldn't be surprised if Tsukino who grew up around bakers and knows alot about solar hands, will be able to sense it when she see one. She probably will try to touch his hands to confirm it. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 10:45   Link #98
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan Void
the other other other white meat....

or was that pink....
Oh, you meant THAT part...then no, Tsukino tasted more like raw tuna sashimi!
Old 2004-10-18, 11:42   Link #99
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:

hehe yeah that was a big piece of bs to begin with. still funny as hell tho
Old 2004-10-18, 12:45   Link #100
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
hehe yeah that was a big piece of bs to begin with. still funny as hell tho
SOLAR HANDS!

SOLAR GAUNTLETS!

GODDESS HANDS!