AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-04-11, 10:07   Link #29061
HasuMasu
*Artist

And how would it be in stand-by mode without the pilot?
Old 2012-04-11, 10:15   Link #29062
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Maybe stratos meant pilot-less, default form.
Old 2012-04-11, 10:19   Link #29063
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I'm pretty sure there has been times where the IS just stands there without a pilot.

As per the time where Ichika remarked the IS as something along the lines or "bowing before its master". Then there's also the part where the Akatsubaki was first shown in the anime. Standing in some dark room with no pilot in sight.

EDIT: Ninja'd
Old 2012-04-11, 10:34   Link #29064
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah, at that form, it won't generate energy shield of Absolute defense (especially the later, even golem lack it). I am pretty sure Artillery can level it easily, but the core will survive almost unscathed.
Old 2012-04-11, 10:37   Link #29065
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

How would the core survive? Maybe a passive barrier protecting just the core despite the IS being active or not?
Old 2012-04-11, 10:40   Link #29066
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Not only hard as fuck, but the core also has size comparable to a golf ball, explosion form artillery won't do jack, not even a lucky bullseye. You need something like over-bore antitank shell, and that assuming you can HIT them, and if the chassis destroyed before the core, the core would just float unharmed like an indestructible balloon.
Old 2012-04-11, 10:58   Link #29067
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Sounds all right

Also, some progress on the attack scene:

Spoiler for Shit hits the fan:
Old 2012-04-11, 11:13   Link #29068
demino_hellsin
That one guy

does the ability to convert the IS energy shield into energy swords or weapons count as a one off ability?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 11:18   Link #29069
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, depends, it it's a result of perfect sync, it could be counted as one. If it' because of special gadget, then nope.

@ Stratos
Divide and conquer
Old 2012-04-11, 11:28   Link #29070
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well I guess it's not something that can be done only by synchro... it does seem a bit lack luster doesn't it?
Old 2012-04-11, 11:31   Link #29071
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, one-off ability doesn't need to be flashy, although what we saw so far, they're flashy.

And I still wonder what the heck is Gospel OOA, and kamehame is outlined now.
Old 2012-04-11, 11:35   Link #29072
demino_hellsin
That one guy

how is the silver bell's charged shot outlined?

Also, was white knight said to be able to go hypersonic?
Old 2012-04-11, 11:47   Link #29073
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I already asked if the charge shot is Gospel OOA, then you deliver theory mumbo jumbo about using I.S. barrier to manipulate it, which I modify because that's kinda inconsistent (what with I.S. barrier being weak to plasma and all) so I use combined magnetic bottle instead.

It was able to reach escape velocity actually, you can say that the higher they are, the faster I.S. can fly. I believe Hypersonic flight is limited to high altitude, whereas in sea-level and low altitude it'll be much slower. (and inside arena, they never go past speed of sound because there's no sonic boom, except when Ichika use his Ignition boost)
Old 2012-04-11, 11:52   Link #29074
demino_hellsin
That one guy

... if an IS could reach mach 3 in extremely low altitudes... almost ground level. Would one say it's possibly the fastest IS there is?
Old 2012-04-11, 11:53   Link #29075
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I'd say yes, after all, Gospel's maximum speed is roughly Mach 2 at 300 m altitude in canon. Akatsubaki is faster, and ByakuShiki Setsura is even faster than that.
Old 2012-04-11, 11:56   Link #29076
demino_hellsin
That one guy

But that kind of speed... one can't call it gamebreaker right?
Old 2012-04-11, 12:00   Link #29077
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

If the I.S. can even turn at such condition. Note that I.S. still has problem with change of pressure, and it's frame will rip apart had the pilot forced them to turn under excess speed, as Charl stated.

Since I.S. has the aerodynamic feature of a brick, the change of maximum speed between different altitudes are very drastic.

There's a good reason MiG-31 is called flying brick, it can go past Mach 3 with full load, but unable to maneuver past 4-5 g, whereas much more agile jet fighters like Su-27, MiG-29, and USA F-series has roughly Mach 2-2.5 maximum speed UNARMED, but able to maneuver at 9 g.
Old 2012-04-11, 12:05   Link #29078
demino_hellsin
That one guy

... and if its one off ability allows it to make full use of this speed with full maneuverability and more by granting the pilot the required reaction time and physical quickness and dexterity... would that be gamebreaker? Ofcourse this won't be active indefinitely.
Old 2012-04-11, 12:10   Link #29079
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Honestly, I don't know.

But keep in mind: 2nd Shift ByakuShiki's raw speed WAS the only reason Ichika can defeat Gospel, OHKO attack notwithstanding since it's a waste of energy if you can't hit something.

(Actually, I think Gospel wasn't much faster than other I.S., just much more agile)

Going to sleep.
Old 2012-04-11, 20:37   Link #29080
Eratas123

If Ichika was in a date auction, what do you think would happen and who would win?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest