AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-29, 04:04   Link #741
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Think I'm only the third person to vote an all KanaHana ticket for Nova 0 in this thread so far - and only second for the Kureneko/Charlotte combo.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2012-02-29, 05:18   Link #742
HasuMasu
*Artist

ARENA 01: Akemi Homura [Charlotte Dunois] Eucliwood Hellscythe Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko) Hasegawa Kobato Kashiwazaki Sena Kōsaka Kirino Kuroi Mato Nakamura Yuri [Tachibana Kanade] Victorique de Blois Yui
ARENA 02: Hanato Kobato [Hirasawa Yui] Kanzaki Kaori [Kawashima Ami] Kinomoto Sakura Konjiki no Yami Kuchiki Rukia Nymph Tsukimiya Ayu
ARENA 03: Astarotte Ygvar Honma Meiko Horizon Ariadust (P-01s) [Kaname Madoka] Kisaragi Chihaya Minato Tomoka Shinonono Hōki Tsugumi [Yuzuriha Inori]
ARENA 04: [Ayanami Rei] Evangeline A.K. McDowell [Furukawa Nagisa] Hirasawa Ui Kuronuma Sawako Last Order Ryūgū Rena Takamachi Nanoha Yūki Mikan
ARENA 05: Ika-Musume Kirishima Shōko Morishima Haruka Nakagawa Kanon Nanasaki Ai Oshimizu Nako [Reki] Shiina Mayuri [Tōwa Erio]
ARENA 06: [Ichinose Kotomi] Illyasviel von Einzbern [Kōzuki Kallen] Kushieda Minori Lucy Heartfilia Sanzen'in Nagi Shinku Suiseiseki Tainaka Ritsu
ARENA 07: [Amami Haruka] Himeji Mizuki Irisviel von Einzbern Kasugano Sora Sena Airi Shiomiya Shiori Tsurugi Minko Wendy Marvell Yamada Aoi
ARENA 08: Haibara Ai Hanekawa Tsubasa [Holo] Hyūga Hinata Ibuki Fūko Izumi Konata Kotobuki Tsumugi [Maria] Sōryū Asuka Langley
ARENA 09: Anjō Naruko Dalian Elucia de Lute Irma [Gasai Yuno] [Konoe Subaru] Shimada Minami Takahara Ayumi Takakura Himari Ueno Kirika

Damn, that first Arena.
Old 2012-02-29, 12:21   Link #743
Sik-07
Chuu~

ARENA 01: Akemi Homura Charlotte Dunois Eucliwood Hellscythe [Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko)] [Hasegawa Kobato] Kashiwazaki Sena Kōsaka Kirino Kuroi Mato Nakamura Yuri Tachibana Kanade Victorique de Blois Yui
ARENA 02: [Hanato Kobato] Hirasawa Yui Kanzaki Kaori Kawashima Ami Kinomoto Sakura [Konjiki no Yami] Kuchiki Rukia Nymph Tsukimiya Ayu
ARENA 03: [Astarotte Ygvar] Honma Meiko Horizon Ariadust (P-01s) Kaname Madoka [Kisaragi Chihaya] Minato Tomoka Shinonono Hōki Tsugumi Yuzuriha Inori
ARENA 04: Ayanami Rei Evangeline A.K. McDowell Furukawa Nagisa Hirasawa Ui [Kuronuma Sawako] Last Order Ryūgū Rena Takamachi Nanoha [Yūki Mikan]
ARENA 05: [Ika-Musume] Kirishima Shōko Morishima Haruka Nakagawa Kanon Nanasaki Ai [Oshimizu Nako] Reki Shiina Mayuri Tōwa Erio
ARENA 06: Ichinose Kotomi [Illyasviel von Einzbern] Kōzuki Kallen Kushieda Minori Lucy Heartfilia Sanzen'in Nagi Shinku Suiseiseki [Tainaka Ritsu]
ARENA 07: Amami Haruka Himeji Mizuki Irisviel von Einzbern Kasugano Sora Sena Airi Shiomiya Shiori [Tsurugi Minko] Wendy Marvell [Yamada Aoi]
ARENA 08: Haibara Ai [Hanekawa Tsubasa] Holo Hyūga Hinata Ibuki Fūko Izumi Konata [Kotobuki Tsumugi] Maria Sōryū Asuka Langley
ARENA 09: Anjō Naruko Dalian Elucia de Lute Irma Gasai Yuno [Konoe Subaru] Shimada Minami Takahara Ayumi Takakura Himari [Ueno Kirika]
Old 2012-02-29, 18:50   Link #744
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Think I'm only the third person to vote an all KanaHana ticket for Nova 0 in this thread so far - and only second for the Kureneko/Charlotte combo.
I change my vote last second from Chuu-ni HanaKana ticket (Kuroneko + Kobato) to Kuroneko + Niku. Could have went Kuroneko + Kanade as well...

Of course, at least it's not a Charlotte/Mato HanaKana ticket...

Quote:
I'll have to return the favor some time
Well, you did went Kuroneko-Niku in Nova 0, which helps...
Old 2012-02-29, 22:00   Link #745
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Yeah for Holo!

Otherwise, not very pleased...
Old 2012-02-29, 22:10   Link #746
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

The literal split vote for Niku and Kobato was the most surprising thing I've ever seen even though them near the bottom isn't though.
Old 2012-02-29, 22:12   Link #747
ion475
にこにこにー

Results again...

Nova 0 - Well, Niku-Kobato literally split the vote. Mato continues to climb, Eu-kun is staying strong (somehow...Zombie S2 isn't here yet), Charlotte actually did better than I thought, considering that her popularity drops off a notch by the end of last season. Oh well, 1-2-3 is as expected, Kuroneko didn't beat Homuhomu by much, but enough. Kanade, well, she dominates as usual (I mean, may as well just let her go 35-0 before everyone gets tired of her...not that I would be unhappy, but it IS boring). The other two AB girls fell hard, but that's kind of expected (Split vote + they're, well, Tier 2 fighting against a bunch of Tier 1...I mean, look at last year's necklace matches and Yurippe's performance in those...)
Stella 1 - 1-2-3 are as expected...
Nova 2 - Flip Menma and Madoka, separated by 21 votes, and I got my 1-2-3-4 correct...on side note, ehh...Kyoko v. Madoka, who'll be better this time around (Kyoko finished first in her group with a split while Madoka is 3rd...)
Stella 3 - Meh group is meh. 1-2-3 are as expected.
Nova 4 - Shoko continues to surprise me (in the sense that I'm not the only one that thinks she's the best BakaTest girl...), Erio wins easily as expected.
Stella 5 - Another "as expected" group...
Nova 6 - The meh Nova group. Which means, another "as expected" group
Stella 7 - Holo won. Got Top 3 correct but in wrong order (I had Konata > Holo, but LS is finally "outdated"...)
Nova 8 - Close group is close...Subaru gets the slight edge this time. All 3 (Elsie, Subaru, and Yuno) are destined to be mid-tabler (or bottom-mid) anyway...

Oh well, a 10 day break before the madness starts again.

Last edited by ion475; 2012-02-29 at 22:26.
Old 2012-02-29, 22:15   Link #748
Sphire

Now that is a split vote for Nova 0. The only thing I'll take away from those results are that Kanade and Kuroneko are the top dogs. Angel Beats suffered bad there, but again, probably split/dilution.

And from a brief glimpse, the winners of Nova 6-8 and Stella 6-8 are the weakest, so whichever groups they go into will be the most competitive (since I assume the winners won't face each other).

No real surprises. Just the aftermath of Nova 0.
Old 2012-02-29, 22:17   Link #749
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Good job Elsie and Kanon, might actually get in this time around.
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2012-02-29, 22:45   Link #750
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm pretty pleased with the results of Nova 0. Great to see Homura finish ahead of many pretty strong ISML 2011 girls. Most promising thing I've seen yet in ISML 2012, at least for me personally.

Interesting how Kanade had no coattails whatsoever for her fellow AB girls to take advantage of. Even if you add Yuri and Yui's votes together, they're still way short of Kanade's vote totals. This suggests that quite a few people didn't vote for an all-Angel Beats! double-play.

No major complaints with the other arenas either, so I'm a happy camper overall this round.
Old 2012-02-29, 22:51   Link #751
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Sena: "Ko~ba~to~chan~~~ Aren't we lucky to be sharing the same spot????"
Kobato: ORZ

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2012-02-29, 23:17   Link #752
Team Rocket Elite

Homura is pretty selective with which fights she wants to put effort into. Although not quite as amazing as the time she nearly defeated Kuroneko, Homura really went above and beyond what she normally does. she beats Eucliwood by not much less than she beat Iwasawa back in Preliminary I-2. Homura does beat Charlotte as bas as she beat Iwasawa. As impressive as this is, Homura still isn't that close to Kuroneko held back by Kirino. Kanade held back by Yuri and Yui is unsurprisingly way, way ahead of the rest of the field. I wonder how many in the Nova division will clear the 30% mark against Kanade. Elsie and Konata had some problems performing this time. The Kaminomi characters in general looked weaker than before but Elsie was particularly bad. Losing to Konoe Subaru and barely being ahead of Gasai Yuno is pretty far down from where I thought Elsie would be. Konata isn't able to get all that close to Holo and is closer to Fuuko and Tsumugi that she should be. I've been having trouble pinning down exactly how strong the Lucky Star characters are as of late so maybe I'm just off on Konata's strength again.
Old 2012-02-29, 23:39   Link #753
broken270
Defying gravity

I love how Kobato and Sena have the exact same score. It is almost as if 1220 people specifically went for the Haganai group for Stella 0.

Edit: Now that I look back at some of the posts, some people did choose one over the other. It still was an interesting thing to note nonetheless.
Old 2012-03-01, 00:22   Link #754
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, this confirms 2012 will be a repeat of 2011 until the final four. Everything else is detail.
Old 2012-03-01, 00:31   Link #755
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Homura is pretty selective with which fights she wants to put effort into. Although not quite as amazing as the time she nearly defeated Kuroneko, Homura really went above and beyond what she normally does. she beats Eucliwood by not much less than she beat Iwasawa back in Preliminary I-2. Homura does beat Charlotte as bas as she beat Iwasawa. As impressive as this is, Homura still isn't that close to Kuroneko held back by Kirino. Kanade held back by Yuri and Yui is unsurprisingly way, way ahead of the rest of the field. I wonder how many in the Nova division will clear the 30% mark against Kanade. Elsie and Konata had some problems performing this time. The Kaminomi characters in general looked weaker than before but Elsie was particularly bad. Losing to Konoe Subaru and barely being ahead of Gasai Yuno is pretty far down from where I thought Elsie would be. Konata isn't able to get all that close to Holo and is closer to Fuuko and Tsumugi that she should be. I've been having trouble pinning down exactly how strong the Lucky Star characters are as of late so maybe I'm just off on Konata's strength again.
One thing that you need to keep in mind is arena size. The larger arenas are, the better characters with more loyal fanbase tend to do. Characters like Yuuno and Homura do much better in large size matches since votes from loyal fans are more important to them than people casting random like votes.
Old 2012-03-01, 00:55   Link #756
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Pity Karen from Nisemonogatari isn't in the running. Not that I'd have wanted her to win one bit, but 'the toothbrush' could have completely derailed the competition and made things much more uncertain.
Old 2012-03-01, 01:31   Link #757
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
As impressive as this is, Homura still isn't that close to Kuroneko held back by Kirino. Kanade held back by Yuri and Yui is unsurprisingly way, way ahead of the rest of the field.
What makes you say that Kuroneko and Kanade were "held back"?

You could vote for two competitors here - So if Ore no Imouto fans just wanted both their girls to do well they can vote for Kuroneko and Kirino.

Angel Beats! has 3 choices, yes, but judging by how abysmally bad Yuri and Yui did, I doubt split votes had much impact on Kanade.

In fact, at least 1,000 or so people voted for Kanade who didn't vote for Yuri or Yui. I'm not convinced that series faction voting played much role in this vote.
Old 2012-03-01, 02:03   Link #758
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I really don't know many, if any, Kanade fans who also like Yuri...they are complete polar opposites and attract completely different people. Pretty certain there's a similar sentiment regarding Kirino and Kuroneko. Calling those split fandoms are a real stretch. K-ON, Clannad, Bake/Nise - those are fandoms where the split would be significant. Angel Beats - no way. Nearly every Kanade fan I know doesn't like Yuri at all - same for the reverse. Kirino and Kuroneko fans are completely different most of the time. Assuming people would have voted for any character from that series is a real stretch...

That Nova 0 tells you something loud and clear - it's going to take a concerted semi-final or grand final alliance of fandoms to beat Kanade this year. Kuroneko isn't capable of beating her yet but if she's around in the final 4, consider her a character rally around. Homura will probably hang around for a fair while but due to the clearly obvious amount of anti-voting against PMMM characters, don't even entertain the notion she can win the tiara.
Old 2012-03-01, 02:27   Link #759
Sphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I really don't know many, if any, Kanade fans who also like Yuri...they are complete polar opposites and attract completely different people. Pretty certain there's a similar sentiment regarding Kirino and Kuroneko. Calling those split fandoms are a real stretch. K-ON, Clannad, Bake/Nise - those are fandoms where the split would be significant. Angel Beats - no way. Nearly every Kanade fan I know doesn't like Yuri at all - same for the reverse. Kirino and Kuroneko fans are completely different most of the time. Assuming people would have voted for any character from that series is a real stretch...
Eh, while I have no doubt some people love and hate characters within a show, I wouldn't list AB! or Ore Imo as pure examples. If only for the existence of votes for characters like Iwasawa and Aragaki respectively. And good votes at that. When you get further down the chain and you see barely secondary characters doing well, it's likely a show fanbase thing.

A complete opposite would be Taiga or Louise and their shows. Minorin and Ami struggle like they weren't memorable characters, yet Taiga is so far ahead. Of course Taiga and Louise have other things going for them, but show fanbase is kinda low. Eucliwood could be argued that way too.
Old 2012-03-01, 04:03   Link #760
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I agree support Yuri and Yui, but would never vote Kanade, and I heavily support Kuroneko with some very rare votes for Kirino. So I can't see people claiming the split hurt Kanade, if at all...
MAL
Closed Thread

Tags
isml, saimoe, tournament