AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-01, 01:01   Link #221
RJ TAYLER

It's always HER YEAR! A tournament without her and the other "H" - Ai Haibara scarcely bears thinking about
Old 2013-08-01, 01:08   Link #222
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Picks
Misaki Tokura @ Cardfight! Vanguard
Anya Alstreim @ Code Geass
Anzu Kadotani @ Girls Und Panzer
Hinagiku Katsura @ Hayate The Combat Butler
Ponzu @ Hunter X Hunter
Yayoi Kise @ Smile Pretty Cure!
Yuzuko Nonohara @ Yuyushiki

Despite Group 15 is pretty strong looking I'm still curious about how Regina would do since it seems like people pays attention to her a lot.

Last edited by Ichuki; 2013-08-01 at 05:54.
Old 2013-08-01, 09:20   Link #223
chaosprophet

Results for Prelims 1 - Group 8
Spoiler for P1G8 Results:

Because of some trouble on the saimoe staff side today the results are a bit late.
Old 2013-08-01, 09:36   Link #224
Subayai

The puella magi are still strong but Nibutani sneaking in between them confirms that Chu2koi will play an important role this year. The strongest player for the Kyoani faction since K-On! 2010. I like both so this result makes me happy.

I'm also glad to see Tacos and Buchou up there.
Anzu 8th, more or less as expected. For GuP, it's going to be the Miho-Yukari duo or nothing.

And finally Ran gets to go to 2nd prelims by one vote. Yes, that makes my vote feel useful.
Old 2013-08-01, 09:45   Link #225
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Good to see Homura, Hisa, Yuuki, Mio, Yuiko and Kagami advance to the next round.

Kinda sad to see Io and Leticia didn't make it straight to the main round.

My votes for today Group 9 will be as followed:

Spoiler for Preliminary Round 1 Group 9 votes:
Old 2013-08-01, 10:06   Link #226
Hachiko
The Akita

One thing I don't like about the Saimoe web site is that their twitter feeds are displaying inaccurate results. I mean, you'd think they had already verified every online precinct before displaying them on twitter, but they did not. Major gripe from my perspective.
Old 2013-08-01, 10:29   Link #227
Subayai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
One thing I don't like about the Saimoe web site is that their twitter feeds are displaying inaccurate results. I mean, you'd think they had already verified every online precinct before displaying them on twitter, but they did not. Major gripe from my perspective.
I don't think there's an official saimoe tournament twitter account. That twitter feed on the website displays all the tweets containing #saimoe. They can be written by anyone.
Old 2013-08-01, 14:18   Link #228
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Good to see Yayoi making out from a strong group.

Picks
Rekka Tatsunagi @ Cardfight! Vanguard
Biscuit Krueger @ Hunter X Hunter
Shizuku @ Hunter X Hunter
Miyuki Hoshizora @ Smile Pretty Cure!
Seiren @ Suite Pretty Cure
Komachi Akimoto @ Yes! Pretty Cure 5
Karen Minazuki @ Yes! Pretty Cure 5
Jormungandr @ Zettai Bouei Leviathan
Old 2013-08-01, 15:17   Link #229
scineram

I might as well post my picks.

Yoshitsugu Ootani @ Sengoku Collection: <<四ツ葉・大谷吉継@戦国コレクション>>
Ieyasu Tokugawa @ Sengoku Collection: <<泰平女君・徳川家康@戦国コレクション>>
Mihoshi Takamura @ Ro-Kyu-Bu!: <<篁美星@ロウきゅーぶ!>>
Kona Furugouri @ Robotics;Notes: <<神代フラウ(古郡こな)@ROBOTICS;NOTES>>
Miu Takanashi @ Papa No Iu Koto O Kikinasai!: <<小鳥遊美羽@パパのいうことを聞きなさい!>>
Yuka Hanaki @ Natsuiro Kiseki: <<花木優香@夏色キセキ Festival -15回目のナツヤスミ->>
Konata Izumi @ Miyakawa-ke No Kuufuku: <<泉こなた@宮河家の空腹>>
Kohaku @ Hakkenden: <<琥珀@八犬伝 -東方八犬異聞->>
Kotori Itsuka @ Date A Live: <<五河琴里@デート・ア・ライブ>>
Liliana Kranjcar @ Campione!: <<リリアナ・クラニチャール@カンピオーネ! -まつろわぬ神々と神殺しの魔王->>

Very happy with good start for the Puella Magis.
Old 2013-08-01, 16:16   Link #230
Sasukeuzi

Mikoto 1st and Asuna 2nd. Asuna was my favorite out of all the girls but I find this to be a reasonable result. Mikoto obviously has more popularity and personality than Asuna and I can see how this turned out. TT_TT it just hurts though. Muh waifu didn't win LOOOOOL
Old 2013-08-01, 17:22   Link #231
Team Rocket Elite

9-1-0

Spoiler for Preliminary 1-8 Results:

My Top 10 for Preliminary 1-9:
Spoiler for Preliminary 1-9:

Strong showing by Homura but it looks like she's going to have to work for a Saimoe victory when she probably would have trounced everyone (in a fair fight) two years ago. I guess it's better to have a competitive Saimoe.
Old 2013-08-01, 17:49   Link #232
ion475
にこにこにー

A 9-1-0 round. Homuhomu won as expected, but Mori-sama is showing Kyoani can never be count out. Only other "surprise" is I guess Akiko doing better than I thought she would (But then, the girls below her are not, well, exactly strong).

Onto "2nd half". This group is average with a few fairly strong girls. But then, Lovely My Angel is in this group and that's all I care about.

<<新垣あやせ@俺の妹がこんなに可愛いわけがない。>> (Aragaki Ayase@Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai.)
<<琴浦春香@琴浦さん>> (Kotoura Haruka@Kotoura-san)
<<ニャル子@這いよれ! ニャル子さんW>> (Nyaruko@Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W)
<<小鳥遊美羽@パパのいうことを聞きなさい!>> (Takanashi Miu@Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai!)
<<五河琴里@デート・ア・ライブ>> (Itsuka Kotori@Date A Live)
<<早倉舞衣@フォトカノ>> (Sakura Mai@Photokano)
<<池田華菜@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>> (Ikeda Kana@Saki: Achiga-hen episode of side-A)
<<花田煌@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>> (Hanada Kirame@Saki: Achiga-hen episode of side-A)
<<雪村あおい@ヤマノススメ>> (Yukimura Aoi@Yama no Susume)
<<泉こなた@宮河家の空腹>> (Izumi Konata@Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku)

Last edited by ion475; 2013-08-01 at 18:32.
Old 2013-08-01, 19:13   Link #233
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Strong showing by Homura but it looks like she's going to have to work for a Saimoe victory when she probably would have trounced everyone (in a fair fight) two years ago. I guess it's better to have a competitive Saimoe.
I hope it is competitive this time not just this Puella Magi vs Saki-moe since if that happens I fear that Saimoe 2014 won't exist (To be honest having 2 factions competing with each other is boring as 1 faction dominating.)
Old 2013-08-01, 19:21   Link #234
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
I hope it is competitive this time not just this Puella Magi vs Saki-moe since if that happens I fear that Saimoe 2014 won't exist (To be honest having 2 factions competing with each other is boring as 1 faction dominating.)
It's only boring if you don't like either faction. Speaking personally, I very much like both.
Old 2013-08-01, 20:03   Link #235
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Saki girls ARE moe, though...

And really, it's purely sheer number that makes Saki tough anyway. Last year you have the old dominant group (Nonoka, Tacos, Kodomo) and the new dominant group (Toki, Kuro, Yuu, and maybe Subara), which is more than enough to guarantee 4-5 spots even with a bad draw anyway.

And MadoMagi, well, you still have to lament the fact that Homuhomu went against Biribiri first round, Biribiri getting all the helps from fakes, and 2011 is an overall down year (No Kyoani show (Okay, there's Nichijou...), no "eternal" series like Nanoha/Hayate. What else is there anyway? Oreimo, Ika-Musume, and ehh...okay, Index S2. I mean, the only true BS loss is Kuroneko v. Kyouko anyway)

Last edited by ion475; 2013-08-01 at 20:25.
Old 2013-08-01, 20:46   Link #236
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It's only boring if you don't like either faction. Speaking personally, I very much like both.
Personally I actually hate the Saki faction and Puella Magi is I like them but not at the level I want them to over dominate. The factions I would be fine with over domination has low chance of doing it minus Garupan and Rozen Maiden (that one we have to wait til 2014 to see if they can do it again). Well Precure is possible if a Precure that is 10,000 times more moe than Smile Precure airs.
Old 2013-08-01, 20:53   Link #237
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Personally I actually hate the Saki faction and Puella Magi is I like them but not at the level I want them to over dominate. The factions I would be fine with over domination has low chance of doing it minus Garupan, well Precure is possible if a Precure that is 10,000 more moe than Smile Precure airs.
I see where you're coming from then.

Honestly, I had hoped that the Love Live! girls might have done a bit better. My big hope was Saki vs. Madoka Magica vs. Girls und Panzer vs. Love Live! vs. some strong stand-out individual performers (like Mori Summer). That would have been pretty fun and free-wheeling, but also might have had a nice "pro sports" feel to it with SaiMoe fans picking different "teams".
Old 2013-08-01, 21:03   Link #238
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I see where you're coming from then.

Honestly, I had hoped that the Love Live! girls might have done a bit better. My big hope was Saki vs. Madoka Magica vs. Girls und Panzer vs. Love Live! vs. some strong stand-out individual performers (like Mori Summer). That would have been pretty fun and free-wheeling, but also might have had a nice "pro sports" feel to it with SaiMoe fans picking different "teams".
Same here actually especially about the Love Live girls' performance. I hoped Doki Doki might of done better too looking at Aguri and Mana's perfomance but I feel like voters only care about Regina, Makopi, and Rikka for that series. I totally agree with your big hope though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
I mean, the only true BS loss is Kuroneko v. Kyouko anyway)
Well I don't think Kuroneko vs Kyouko was BS, well maybe because from my view it's Kyouko>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kuroneko.
Old 2013-08-01, 21:17   Link #239
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Well I don't think Kuroneko vs Kyouko was BS, well maybe because from my view it's Kyouko>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kuroneko.
When of course, from my view, Kuroneko >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kyouko.

But who cares, Ayase is more awesome than Kuroneko anyway (Kuroneko is still more kawaii and moe, but Ayase's chemistry with Kyousuke is what makes me laugh the most in Oreimo)

Quote:
Chuunikoi is doing pretty good. Of course, the problem with Chuunikoi is that they only have 1 dominant girl (Rikka) and 2 upper-tier girls (Dekomori and Mori-sama), while something like MadoMagi is more or less 3 dominant girls (Madoka, Homu, Mami) and 2 upper-tier girls (Kyouko and Sayaka). Numerical advantage to MadoMagi.

GuP is simply disappointing so far. The strength of 2nd tier GuP girls, as of right now, is closer to 3rd tier Saki girls strength. I guess they are going to relied on Miho and Akiyama-dono...

LL is doing okay. They're about where I expected them to be anyway. Of course, personally I don't know the strength of each individual LL girl (to the point that I don't know who's their "top gun", Umi?)

On a side note, Yuruyuri is still strong. Will see whether Akarin and Toshino Kyouko exert revenge this year. Haganai is doing good also (Although, yeah, Yozora has the luck to be in a very weak group while 3 others are bunch together in the same group...). Oreimo is about the same (Kuroneko lose to Toki, yeah, but Toki is the champ last year and quite frankly, Saki dominate. Kirino people still don't like, Manami is average since that's what she is, and will see whether Ayase dominate this group or not).

And there's one more popular series in SAO, with their 4 top guns (Asuna, Suguha, Yui, Silica) having to wait until Group 14-16.

Last edited by ion475; 2013-08-01 at 21:29.
Old 2013-08-01, 21:30   Link #240
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
I hoped Doki Doki might of done better too looking at Aguri and Mana's perfomance but I feel like voters only care about Regina, Makopi, and Rikka for that series.
The Doki Doki girls are very popular on the image sites I sometimes frequent, so I'm also a bit surprised they didn't do better here. I do get the impression that Regina is the most popular one though, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Chuunikoi is doing pretty good. Of course, the problem with Chuunikoi is that you've 1 dominant girl (Rikka) and 2 upper-tier girl (Dekomori and Mori-sama), while something like MadoMagi is more or less 3 dominant girls (Madoka, Homu, Mami) and 2 upper-tier girls (Kyouko and Sayaka).
Right. That's why I don't really think of Chuunikoi as a "faction". But it definitely is a factor here, and I wouldn't be shocked if the eventual winner of it all is from Chuunikoi.

Quote:
GuP is simply disappointing so far. The strength of 2nd tier GuP girls, as of right now, is closer to 3rd tier Saki girls strength.
GuP might be suffering from what I think hurt IdolMaster - Too many major characters, not enough clear focus on anybody or any group in particular.

Saki also has a lot of characters, of course, but the original cast was built up in one show while the Achiga-hen cast was built up in their own show. So each cast was manageable in its own show, and had a chance to shine in its own show.

Quote:
LL is doing okay. I guess much like GuP their top guns is not there yet (Although personally I don't really know who's their true "top gun". Umi?)
Fan popularity polls for the show tend to go "Maki, Eri, Honoka", in that order. But SaiMoe is clearly different with Niko getting more votes than Eri, so I'm not sure how much weight can be put in fan popularity polls. I'm thinking the top gun for the show (in SaiMoe) is either Maki or Umi.

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament