Old 2013-08-03, 09:34   Link #261
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Yes, that's the most likely outcome.
But I wish it'd go 2-1-3 though.
This group is so warm...
And Yuu won LOL...

Not much to comment on the result. GuP mascot Maruyama-san makes it through b/c this is such a weak group. With that, a 7-2-1 round...

Onto next group, which is another one of those weak group.

<<稲葉姫子@ココロコネクト>>
<<沙英@ひだまりスケッチ×ハニカム>>
<<前田果音@フォトカノ>>
<<美樹さやか@劇場版 魔法少女まどか☆マギカ[前編]始まりの物語/[後編]永遠の物語>>
<<エルシィ(エリュシア・デ・ルート・イーマ)@神のみぞ知るセカイ 天理篇>>
<<柊つかさ@宮河家の空腹>>
<<四糸乃@デート・ア・ライブ>>
<<五更珠希@俺の妹がこんなに可愛いわけがない。>>
<<能美クドリャフカ@リトルバスターズ!>>
<<冷泉麻子@ガールズ&パンツァー>>
Old 2013-08-03, 09:44   Link #262
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Yes! Yuu, Kuro, Arata and Misaka 10032 took the first 4 spots

So happy! Minko did well enough to advance to the next round.

Kinda sad that Rina didn't do as well as Nimii Haruka :/

Anyway, my votes for today.

Spoiler for Preliminary Round 1 Group 11 votes:

I hope there'll be good results for this group as well.
Old 2013-08-03, 10:10   Link #263
Subayai

And Yuu won indeed. Warm results.

I thought there were more people who liked Kuro because of last year's quarterfinal, so this is a little bit of a nice surprise for me.
(EDIT: Actually, I went and checked and Kuro only beat Yuu for 3 votes last year, so they are kinda equally liked maybe.)

Maruyama Saki and Minchi also manage to get in (barely), but good enough for them.

For Group 11,
<<菊地真@THE IDOLM@STER シリーズ>>
<<冷泉麻子@ガールズ&パンツァー>
<<伊吹マヤ@ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版:Q>>
<<美樹さやか@劇場版 魔法少女まどか☆マギカ[前編]始まりの物語/[後編]永遠の物語>>
<<弘世菫@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
<<宮永照@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
<<伊東せりか@宇宙兄弟>>

I specially wish for a good showing of Sayaka and Mako.
And a 2nd prelims spot for Serika and Maya would nice too.
Old 2013-08-03, 10:39   Link #264
Team Rocket Elite

6-4-0

Spoiler for Preliminary 1-10 Results:

My Top 10 for Preliminary 1-11:
Spoiler for Preliminary 1-11:
Old 2013-08-03, 10:42   Link #265
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbits View Post
I copy pasted from the english site. Sue me.
Meh, the work's really sloppy this year. Such blatant errors in translating...

About whether people hate Saki.

In the eyes of Saki lovers, they want Saki to continue to dominate. In the eyes of fans of other series as well as neutrals, they don't want Saki to continue to dominate. They want a fresh winner every time (or their own faction; actually for many of them they'd rather Saki lose even if their faves don't win). So there are two main types of voters: ABS (Anything but Saki) and NBS (Nothing but Saki). Of course, there are also those who have no preference for whatever reason, but chances are ABS and NBS will both outnumber them. And the number of ABS will keep increasing as long as people don't want Saki to ruin Sakim-, sorry, Saimoe by continuing to dominate, and yet they still do. I myself am ABS, in case you're asking.

Ok enough of my nonsense... moving on. Someone said earlier that Kud will win group 11?

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
Old 2013-08-03, 11:29   Link #266
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Picks
<<龍胆嵐丸@貧乏神が!>>
<<先導エミ@カードファイト!! ヴァンガード シリーズ>>
<<四糸乃@デート・ア・ライブ>>
<<ねこにゃー(猫田)@ガールズ&パンツァー>>
<<冷泉麻子@ガールズ&パンツァー>>
<<東せつな(キュアパッション)@プリキュアオールスターズNewStage2 こころのともだち>>
<<稲葉姫子@ココロコネクト>>
<<能美クドリャフカ@リトルバスターズ!>>
<<月影ゆり(キュアムーンライト)@プリキュアオールスターズNewStage2 こころのともだち>>
Old 2013-08-03, 11:34   Link #267
scineram

Fucking Minchi beats Saki for qualifying by 2 votes. But MARIIIIII!!!!! Here is hoping a better Group 11:

Rinko Sakuma @ Yondemasu Yo, Azazel-san: <<佐隈りん子@よんでますよ、アザゼルさん。Z>>
Elucia De Lute Irma @ The World God Only Knows: <<エルシィ(エリュシア・デ・ルート・イーマ)@神のみぞ知るセカイ 天理篇>>
Sayaka Miki @ Puella Magi Madoka Magica: <<美樹さやか@劇場版 魔法少女まどか☆マギカ[前編]始まりの物語/[後編]永遠の物語>>
Hibachi @ Mushibugyou: <<火鉢@ムシブギョー>>
Rin Natsume @ Little Busters!: <<棗鈴@リトルバスターズ!>>
Kudryavka Noumi @ Little Busters!: <<能美クドリャフカ@リトルバスターズ!>>
Yoshino @ Date A Live: <<四糸乃@デート・ア・ライブ>>
Mimori Kishida @ AKB0048: <<岸田美森@AKB0048 シリーズ>>
Kanata Shinonome @ AKB0048: <<東雲彼方@AKB0048 シリーズ>>
Chieri Sono @ AKB0048: <<園智恵理@AKB0048 シリーズ>>
Old 2013-08-03, 11:46   Link #268
iamadooddood
NOM.

Did I forget to mention that I'll be gunning for Yoshino of Date A Live?

Though I'll leave the voting till next round (assuming I have time to do so) since I trust all the main Date A Live girls to make it to the main round.

Old 2013-08-03, 12:41   Link #269
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Meh, the work's really sloppy this year. Such blatant errors in translating...

About whether people hate Saki.

In the eyes of Saki lovers, they want Saki to continue to dominate. In the eyes of fans of other series as well as neutrals, they don't want Saki to continue to dominate. They want a fresh winner every time (or their own faction; actually for many of them they'd rather Saki lose even if their faves don't win). So there are two main types of voters: ABS (Anything but Saki) and NBS (Nothing but Saki). Of course, there are also those who have no preference for whatever reason, but chances are ABS and NBS will both outnumber them. And the number of ABS will keep increasing as long as people don't want Saki to ruin Sakim-, sorry, Saimoe by continuing to dominate, and yet they still do. I myself am ABS, in case you're asking.

Ok enough of my nonsense... moving on. Someone said earlier that Kud will win group 11?

Well if they dominate it's their own effort. People put in the effort to make sure they win so it should be respected. I myself am neutral(just a supporter of Toki), but leaning to NBS a little. I mean if someone wins, you gotta accept that their efforts in making the girls win and not just hate on them just cause they put in more effort. That's to what I feel.
Old 2013-08-03, 15:17   Link #270
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Side character Saki supporting characters with all but five minutes of screen time winning over some major characters with quite a bit of development and moe value...just doesn't sit well with me. It doesn't make me anti-vote them, but I shake my head in disbelief every time it happens. Which ironically, is happening in every group. I never understood how some one can like every single character from a series, to the point where almost every other character in anime is irrelevant by comparison. I bet some of these Saki voters don't even remember who the Saki character they're voting for is. It's a vote to support the franchise, nothing more.
Old 2013-08-03, 15:32   Link #271
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Side character Saki supporting characters with all but five minutes of screen time winning over some major characters with quite a bit of development and moe value...just doesn't sit well with me. It doesn't make me anti-vote them, but I shake my head in disbelief every time it happens. Which ironically, is happening in every group. I never understood how some one can like every single character from a series, to the point where almost every other character in anime is irrelevant by comparison. I bet some of these Saki voters don't even remember who the Saki character they're voting for is. It's a vote to support the franchise, nothing more.
Moe is never about who has more screen time. Sure, definition differs from person to person but it still stands. If moe was about screen time, people might as well vote for the girls based on how popular the anime is or whether if said girl was MC or SC.
Old 2013-08-03, 15:39   Link #272
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

It doesn't change the fact that screen time enables you to get more attached to a character. Screen time doesn't make a character moe by default, it makes a potentially good/charming character grow on you. What can you possibly be enamored by with a character who has five minutes of screen time? Even if they're the cutest looking character ever (by appearance) they're going to be pretty depth-less. And if outward appearance is the only thing some one looks for in a character, then so be it. But It's not like Saki's animation or character designs are leagues above other series.
Old 2013-08-03, 15:45   Link #273
exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
Moe is never about who has more screen time. Sure, definition differs from person to person but it still stands. If moe was about screen time, people might as well vote for the girls based on how popular the anime is or whether if said girl was MC or SC.
Exactly!
However, SakiMoe - is SaiMoe which has a lot of voters that vote for Saki no matter what. If chara is from Saki - insta-vote. No thinking, no love, no moe, no nothing, just Saki. Their motto is - "We'll destroy this world and replace it with our own."
Old 2013-08-03, 15:50   Link #274
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
I think you're a bit overly dismissive of Demi's point. Really, seriously, how can somebody get that attached to a character with only a few minutes of screen-time?

Also, the winners of these moe contests do in fact tend to be major characters from highly popular shows.
Old 2013-08-03, 16:13   Link #275
exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I think you're a bit overly dismissive of Demi's point. Really, seriously, how can somebody get that attached to a character with only a few minutes of screen-time?

Also, the winners of these moe contests do in fact tend to be major characters from highly popular shows.
True, but it's that logic, where you don't fall in love with the best girl in the world, you fall in love with the girl you've met and you think she is good. So no matter how much others are good the girls that get more coverage in masses are going to win, because people know them.
But Saki situation is not even about coverage, it's how minor, I-couldn't-care-less characters, get a lot of votes. I might sound cheesy, but there is no love in those votes.
Old 2013-08-03, 19:15   Link #276
Team Rocket Elite

Of the 18 Saki characters to advance so far, Kobashiri Yae is really the only one who didn't have much screen time in the anime. However, if you limit things to only screen time during the eligibility period, there are quite a few more with low screentime. If your complaint is the Saki fanbase isn't sticking to material shown during the eligibility period, then they are definitely guilty. But keep in mind that even series that are less crazy for their side characters are guilty of dragging in characters with low screen time. I think even Yae had more screen time than Shokuhou Misaki.

Also, the Saki fanbase doesn't vote for everyone. They do select the characters they like and there just happens to be a ton of them. Someya Mako is a member of the main character team in the original anime and gets quite a bit of screentime. She should be a big beneficiary of blind series votes if they existed in a large amount. Mako wasn't close to advancing through first preliminary despite sharing a match with Fukuji Mihoko. I don't think her chances in second preliminary are very good either. Akado Harue, Hiroko Funakubo and to a lesser extent Nijou Izumi should be more successful even if the Saki fanbase was just blind voting for major characters. Other than Yae and maybe Takami, every Saki character that has advanced has a faitly good reason for doing so. Even with Yae and Takami, I can see why people like them (because I like them, too).
Old 2013-08-03, 19:39   Link #277
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Well if they dominate it's their own effort. People put in the effort to make sure they win so it should be respected. I myself am neutral(just a supporter of Toki), but leaning to NBS a little. I mean if someone wins, you gotta accept that their efforts in making the girls win and not just hate on them just cause they put in more effort. That's to what I feel.
Doesn't stop people from hating on it though. Sure they won with their own effort, but people can't help but have thoughts like "it's boring if only one person is winning", "I've lost motivation for my favourites to win", etc. And a dominating faction (Saki) is what's killing Saimoe after all.

Having watched the (association football) English Premier League I can understand this feeling very well. If there's a team that's dominating and you're supporting another team which isn't, then you will have this feeling. If you're supporting the dominating team however, you won't get this feeling, or understand it.

Old 2013-08-03, 19:55   Link #278
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Doesn't stop people from hating on it though. Sure they won with their own effort, but people can't help but have thoughts like "it's boring if only one person is winning", "I've lost motivation for my favourites to win", etc. And a dominating faction (Saki) is what's killing Saimoe after all.

Having watched the (association football) English Premier League I can understand this feeling very well. If there's a team that's dominating and you're supporting another team which isn't, then you will have this feeling. If you're supporting the dominating team however, you won't get this feeling, or understand it.
I have to say this statement is true for Saimoe since there's a very high chance you would feel like that if one of your most hated shows ended up dominating Saimoe.
Old 2013-08-03, 22:52   Link #279
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Someya Mako is a member of the main character team in the original anime and gets quite a bit of screentime
Have to disagree with this part only b/c Mako is screwing the air time of every single Jihou out there

Speaking of "just vote for everyone no matter how insignificant", if that's really the case, why does Ikeda finish with 2/3 of Subara's total number of vote? And Nijou Izumi didn't even qualified in Group 9...

Hack, just look at Group 10. If not for the complete lack of outside competition in that group, I seriously doubt that Arata will finish 3rd (Kuro/Yuu should still be 1-2), and Arata is actually a major character.

There's a reason why I think only Saki v. Kobato is the only true BS match last year. Yes, you also have Buchou winning her group, but who's her opponent? S1 Kuuko?

Speaking of Yae and Takami, they only qualified this easily b/c Group 2 is a joke. I mean, Yozora winning? Then Nanamin finished 3rd? (Mashiro, who I think is stronger than Nanamin, finish 11th with nearly same amount of vote).
Old 2013-08-04, 00:27   Link #280
timbits
Harem Lead

Quote:
Yes but no individual voter that supports Saki puts in any more effort than the average voter, they win because there's so many supporters. I mean I like Saki and would've voted for several Saki girls if I'd been able to but even I was disgusted at the utter domination last year. I mean that's not fun, I would've stopped voting for Saki and voted for someone else unless it's a character I REALLY liked.

In any case though the group 10 results are pretty boring. I picked the wrong Matsumi sister to win though. Hamster getting in at 9th is great news, if she wins even one round I'll be ecstatic.

TODAY IS THE DESTINED DAY. BOW DOWN TO YOUR NEW MOE OVERLORD KUDRYAVKA.

Actually it doesn't look like she's winning. Hmm. I believe in the KEY last minute rushes! My prediction shall not be wrong!

Spoiler for Prelims 1-11 Picks:

Natsume and Sae in the same group. There's some cruel irony in there somewhere. I'm sure somewhere the god of yuri is laughing at my agony right now. Oh god what if Sae gets in and Natsume doesn't. Then the metaphor will truly be complete. Oh my god WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME.

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament