AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-10, 20:29   Link #1821
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Send a message via MSN to NobodyMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
@NobodyMan: If the ending is supposed to reverse the Crapsack World status of the world, then Raki would be storyteller at the marketplace, beneath the statues of Clare and Teresa, telling the youngsters among the audience a "story", which they thought was poppycock, but we know to be true.
Ah, indeed. You put it a lot better than I did.

@MisterJB: Yeah, Raki seems to be a pretty lucky fellow in comparison to a few unlucky others in the manga. XD

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Old 2009-01-10, 20:31   Link #1822
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

yagi making raki live through it all would be nice. and have him leave the island and start somewhere new like the mainland by telling stories he experienced in his life. about claymores, awakened beings, abyssals and of course, the love of his life, clare. ^^;
Old 2009-01-11, 02:57   Link #1823
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

so i was watching ep. 1 again i realized that if clare had suddenly killed raki, she would already had been executed. lol it was sorta of foolish of her doing what she did (almost killing a human).

just something i wanted to mention...
Old 2009-01-11, 04:47   Link #1824
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell88 View Post
I have to disagree with you about the whole abomination thing, I really think claymore's can't have kids.
Yes I know @hell, but I was thinking a lot had changed, things that we never ever thought possible had come to life, that's why I was thinking maybe, just maybe..............you know.??!

And also, you never know what the man will think of next, Yagi that is. He might very well decide, as you have mentioned, by taking the awakening process as an excuse and making it the reason for being able to give birth.
Old 2009-01-11, 05:09   Link #1825
Ancient Soul

Who told you that Claymores can't have childrens?

Just look at my avatar...Galatea has five!
Old 2009-01-11, 05:16   Link #1826
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Soul View Post

It was mentioned in an episode, I can't remember which one, Hellen said it after seeing Raki following Clare. She asked Clare who the kid was, mention that he can't be hers and asked her weather Clare had taken him in as her plaything. I guess deriving from that.
Old 2009-01-11, 05:42   Link #1827
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Soul View Post

ohh~h so she's been busy all these years huh?
Old 2009-01-11, 06:29   Link #1828
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
It was mentioned in an episode, I can't remember which one, Hellen said it after seeing Raki following Clare. She asked Clare who the kid was, mention that he can't be hers and asked her weather Clare had taken him in as her plaything. I guess deriving from that.
That sentence has been changed lots and lots of time. I've seen Helen saying:

"So. What's with the kid? It can't be yours.

and I i've seen.:

"So. What's with the kid? It shouldn't be yours.

We need someone to translate the raw for us
Old 2009-01-11, 07:45   Link #1829
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

I think that was discussed quite a time ago, and as somebody translated the raw accurately, it seemed quite clear that Helen said "he cannot be yours, so..."

Whether if it's true that Claymores are sterile (I believe it) or it's only a lie to prevent them going wild, I don't know. But well, we have no stories of Claymores having children before, and even if their reproduction organs are 'fixed' with awakening, I haven't seen little Rifuls or Duphs running out there. And there aren't news of condom-selling machines too.
Old 2009-01-11, 12:49   Link #1830
Weird D
Just existing...

Quote:
I have to disagree with you about the whole abomination thing, I really think claymore's can't have kids.

I think it was a mistake that Raki was brought back at this time, because it kind of does not even go with the story. I mean so what we got to see him, now we have to get through all of the other stuff before Clare can finally go look for him. Its hard to say but with the way the story is going now, its almost like Yagi was out of ideas.
The plot going in so many different directions does make it seem like it. It shifted from Clare's story to a broader perspective so that her part is now far less significant. A guess would be that Isley and the Ghosts will have to make a truce due to a greater enemy, namely the demons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyMan View Post
you really want Raki to die don't you?
Hey, Hell is the guy who keeps killing Raki in most of his fics. South Park here! "Oh my god, you killed Raki"

Raki still being alive does make a bit of sense : he spent years with one of the strongest ABs who had no wish to kill him, so he was quite possibly in the safest place, and now he's strong enough to handle himself in a fight, and travels with his own cute little Yoma-detector. Considering that Yoma are now completely lame as a threat now, compared to ABs and the zombies girls, I however doubt he will take part in the fighting.

And please, let me hope for a happy ending for him and Clare
Old 2009-01-11, 12:57   Link #1831
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird D View Post
The plot going in so many different directions does make it seem like it. It shifted from Clare's story to a broader perspective so that her part is now far less significant. A guess would be that Isley and the Ghosts will have to make a truce due to a greater enemy, namely the demons.

Hey, Hell is the guy who keeps killing Raki in most of his fics. South Park here! "Oh my god, you killed Raki"

Raki still being alive does make a bit of sense : he spent years with one of the strongest ABs who had no wish to kill him, so he was quite possibly in the safest place, and now he's strong enough to handle himself in a fight, and travels with his own cute little Yoma-detector. Considering that Yoma are now completely lame as a threat now, compared to ABs and the zombies girls, I however doubt he will take part in the fighting.

I see you have read my fics up to this point. I see you have also noticed that Raki has died in each one.(South Park) Thanks for reading.
Old 2009-01-11, 13:01   Link #1832
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Send a message via MSN to NobodyMan
Quote:
Hmmm, an idea is forming in my head.

Quote:

Raki seems to make lots of yoma (and half-yoma) friends doesn't he?

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Old 2009-01-11, 13:16   Link #1833
Weird D
Just existing...

Quote:
I see you have read my fics up to this point. I see you have also noticed that Raki has died in each one.(South Park) Thanks for reading.
Just browsed actually. I don't find the interface here very nice. Ever thought about getting an account on FF.net?
More seriously I must admit that you killing the kid every time is a bit of a turn off for me. In your earlier ones, you were downright bashing him. Why so much hatred?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyMan View Post
Hmmm, an idea is forming in my head.

Raki seems to make lots of yoma (and half-yoma) friends doesn't he?
Yup. I wonder if the Raki effect will work on zombie girls too...
Old 2009-01-11, 14:36   Link #1834
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:

Yup. I wonder if the Raki effect will work on zombie girls too...
of course it will! he's raki for hyne's sake! lol

yup, that h88... him and his raki killing fics
Old 2009-01-11, 16:37   Link #1835
hell88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
yup, that h88... him and his raki killing fics
LOL and he always has a horrible death in each one.
Old 2009-01-11, 16:53   Link #1836
Weird D
Just existing...

Quote:
LOL and he always has a horrible death in each one.
I can only imagine what it would be like if you decided to keep him alive
#1 : lives and is missing both arms AND legs
#2 : lives and is blind and deaf
#3 : lives and is a vegetable
#4 : lives and goes insane, straightjacket, padded cell and all

Urg, I suddenly have an image of Raki as the Joker and saying "why so much hatred?"
Old 2009-01-11, 16:55   Link #1837
hell88
Banned

Quote:
I can only imagine what it would be like if you decided to keep him alive
#1 : lives and is missing both arms AND legs
#2 : lives and is blind and deaf
#3 : lives and is a vegetable
#4 : lives and goes insane, straightjacket, padded cell and all

Urg, I suddenly have an image of Raki as the Joker and saying "why so much hatred?"
Well I'm not going to say what I am planning to do him in a up and coming fic, but a lot of people just don't like him because the anime made him look like a wimp.
Old 2009-01-11, 16:56   Link #1838
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Don't worry everybody, as soon as Raki shows up a little more in the series, I promise to work hard in an image where Guts turns him to slices of meat
Old 2009-01-11, 17:02   Link #1839
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korinov View Post
I think that was discussed quite a time ago, and as somebody translated the raw accurately, it seemed quite clear that Helen said "he cannot be yours, so..."

Whether if it's true that Claymores are sterile (I believe it) or it's only a lie to prevent them going wild, I don't know. But well, we have no stories of Claymores having children before, and even if their reproduction organs are 'fixed' with awakening, I haven't seen little Rifuls or Duphs running out there. And there aren't news of condom-selling machines too.
I don't know...I don't know...

That AB in chapter 85 reminds me a lot of Luciela and that six armed AB
Old 2009-01-11, 17:04   Link #1840
Weird D
Just existing...

Quote:
Well I'm not going to say what I am planning to do him in a up and coming fic, but a lot of people just don't like him because the anime made him look like a wimp.
True, the anime version of him was a pain. Which is why I have dumped it from my head along with a lot of trash. I now only go by the more bearable manga version.
Closed Thread