AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-20, 16:05   Link #2021
strategos

Sorry for the newbie question. But I dont seem to find STrike witches on the anime database of license anime nor in the animenewsnetwork list. IS it license?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 16:06   Link #2022
Midonin
Last Engage

It aired with legal streaming on Crunchyroll and similar sites, and for the purposes of discussion, it counts as a licensed anime.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 19:37   Link #2023
rg4619

Funimation will release a DVD version next year.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 21:06   Link #2024
einhorn303

They have a page for it and everything:

http://funimation.com/strikewitches/
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 17:25   Link #2025
strategos

I see, thnks for the info

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 10:50   Link #2026
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
They have a page for it and everything:

http://funimation.com/strikewitches/
Its almost amusing seeing "Comming 2010", in a nostalgic way. A few years back the year 2010 was one of those dates one would use in a sci-fi novel.
Old 2009-07-26, 02:45   Link #2027
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Cover for Tiger in Desert vol.2

Humikane cover again \o/
Old 2009-07-26, 03:20   Link #2028
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Its almost amusing seeing "Comming 2010", in a nostalgic way. A few years back the year 2010 was one of those dates one would use in a sci-fi novel.
Tell me about it I was supposed to be comminuting in my flying car and lounging around as my robot butler did all my house work by now! Damn lazy scientists!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Sarcasm, Tk. Sarcasm. That was a reply to your question of how they were going to fit those two together.
Sorry my ESP is broken so if you want to be saracastic I'm going to need some kind of text based hint you're being so.

Quote:
I say ignore most of what happens on screen, and rely on booklets and novels fr the actual info. Anime is too limited by time, effort, budget and rule of cool to match up to actual written info.
Don’t worry I’m well versed in that thanks to Halo. If you just went by what the game shows you... oh lord would you be off the mark.
Quote:
So do I most of the time, but the amount of Strike Witches trivia you can remember astounds me.
It helps to have already been a half crazed World War II buff before. It gives you a framework to hang the new useless tidbits off of you know.
Quote:
Yeah, that pretty much seals the deal. Blatant statements versus interpretations of animation? I'll choose the novel here.
Ah does this mean we're not going to have to go into overly complex and boring equations to try and prove our positions?

Last edited by Tk3997; 2009-07-26 at 03:44.
Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 12:46   Link #2029
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

Hey, Selkirk (or the other guys that are already ahead in the novels) what are the chances of Sexy Gal appearing in the novels?
Kimura sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 21:03   Link #2030
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

...o.O
Who?

Or do you mean Erica Hartmann? She's in the Otome no Maki side novels, which are about the 501st. She's also mentioned in one sentence by Rudel in Book 2, iirc.
Old 2009-08-02, 00:56   Link #2031
einhorn303

Speaking of the novels, I was really quite glad to see updates on the Baka-Tsuki translations, but I wonder...why is Chapter 6 at 60% completion but Chapter 5 at 00% completion? Are they being done out of order?

Kimura might have been talking about the scene in which Erica used the "sexy gal" line. Or the character herself. It certainly would be nice to see her together with her sister (maybe visiting Suomous?) in the original series, at the age of 10. Seeing a 10 year old Erica would likely be really cute...
Old 2009-08-02, 01:32   Link #2032
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Speaking of the novels, I was really quite glad to see updates on the Baka-Tsuki translations, but I wonder...why is Chapter 6 at 60% completion but Chapter 5 at 00% completion? Are they being done out of order?
I was going to speed through Chap 6 then go back to 5, since 5 is a pretty boring chapter, but I got sidetracked by Bungaku Shoujo (excellent novel) and one-more-turning in Civ4 FfH...
Old 2009-08-04, 04:56   Link #2033
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

Is it just me or is Tomoko a huge bitch?

Quote:
Kimura might have been talking about the scene in which Erica used the "sexy gal" line. Or the character herself. It certainly would be nice to see her together with her sister (maybe visiting Suomous?) in the original series, at the age of 10. Seeing a 10 year old Erica would likely be really cute...
Yeah, talking about Erica. If she is already cute by the time of the anime, I wonder how cute she was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
...o.O
Who?

Or do you mean Erica Hartmann? She's in the Otome no Maki side novels, which are about the 501st. She's also mentioned in one sentence by Rudel in Book 2, iirc.
Erica Hartmann, yeah. Thanks for the info.
Kimura sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 09:24   Link #2034
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimura sensei View Post
She is, especially in the first novel. I suppose that's the point of the whole first novel, anyway. I never really liked her myself.
Old 2009-08-04, 22:37   Link #2035
einhorn303

Still waiting impatiently for the R1's. Though at least there is some semi-pseudo-news about it, from the AOD forums:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Klaus
The only news I've heard is this:

At AX, I asked Funimation's marketing guy (Adam?) about Strike Witches. He said to expect an announcement around September.
http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?p=1617907

I imagine if anything is announced September, it might be a release date or a dub cast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
I was going to speed through Chap 6 then go back to 5, since 5 is a pretty boring chapter, but I got sidetracked by Bungaku Shoujo (excellent novel) and one-more-turning in Civ4 FfH...
Ah, that's too bad. I know how addictive Civ can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimura sensei View Post
Bitches are a quite popular character archetype these days. Heck, the two characters I found most moe in the TV anime could also be considered the bitchiest (Barkhorn and Perrine).
Old 2009-08-05, 01:29   Link #2036
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Still waiting impatiently for the R1's. Though at least there is some semi-pseudo-news about it, from the AOD forums:

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?p=1617907

I imagine if anything is announced September, it might be a release date or a dub cast.
Ah, interesting. Strike Witches was, like, my test case for "once Crunchyrolled, ever DVD'd?". Will be curious to see if they take the sub-only route given the economic slump like Kannagi did.
Old 2009-08-05, 10:46   Link #2037
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Ah, interesting. Strike Witches was, like, my test case for "once Crunchyrolled, ever DVD'd?". Will be curious to see if they take the sub-only route given the economic slump like Kannagi did.
I thought they'd try for sub-only release too, but apparently Funimation has a policy of never, ever doing sub-only releases. Their track record holds true to this. They've even done dubs for similarly niche shows like Nanoha+Nanoha A's. So if they did do a sub-only release, it'd be quite odd and unprecedented for the company. People tell me it's pretty unlikely...like, 100% unlikely.

The pure surreality of SW getting an English dub is still sinking into my mind, though.

Also, unlike other R1 anime companies, Funimation doesn't seem to be in a slump:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...tions-in-sales

Quote:
Navarre Corporation, the corporate parent of the anime licensing and distribution company Funimation, announced its better-than-expected financial results for the first three months of the 2010 fiscal year ending on June 30, 2009. Navarre Chief Executive Officer Cary Deacon partly credited the results to "Funimation's stronger than anticipated sales of anime DVDs as well as a US$1.75 million agency fee resulting from a royalty advance paid for the licensing of Dragon Ball videogame rights to Bandai."
Old 2009-08-06, 06:48   Link #2038
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Barkhorn is a Tsundere, Perrine is pure bitch. It's all in the delivery.

<<--(Likes Trude, hates Perrine)
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 07:30   Link #2039
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Hey, Perrine is one of the characters I hate least from the anime!
Old 2009-08-06, 10:16   Link #2040
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Uwaa, what did the others do then? I mean, I can understand Yoshika, Lynette and even Luccini and Erica, but the others were among the more professional of the cast.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, bost tv, gonzo, kemonomimi, mecha, mecha musume