AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-06, 02:43   Link #1001
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likely View Post
if tanto ends soon, id feel like this whole arc is meaningless. ashirogi muto was against gag from the start; and will now stop for the same disagreements prior to this venture? it's a high price to pay for teaching their editor a lesson. (not that miura's even learned anything yet).
It's not a lesson to Miura, but to Ashirogi. They shouldn't have backed down to their editor's will like that, even if Miura's love for gag comedy is serious and sincere. If their gut feeling is that they don't like the concept, they shouldn't be forcing themselves. Takahama is a foreshadowing that they should be doing what they want and proving that it's good instead of looking for cracks in the market to exploit.

What I'm wondering is how much resistance Miura will put up. Knowing that Ashirogi is doing what he really really likes to see them do will probably give Miura a power trip. Then again, Ashirogi can easily bring down the house by asking Miura if keeping one single series at 12th place is what he wants while that other young editor (can't remember his name) brings up Shizuka.
Old 2010-03-06, 02:47   Link #1002
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, realistically speaking, tanto had a decent spot, it's not like they hit rock bottom...but it truly is years away from hitting the top 5, much less #1.
Old 2010-03-06, 02:56   Link #1003
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Well, realistically speaking, tanto had a decent spot, it's not like they hit rock bottom...but it truly is years away from hitting the top 5, much less #1.
With the way Shujin is going, I think they will at best have a slow and excruciating ride to cancellation. I can easily see why Mashiro wants to stop right there, even if failing a second series supposedly rails against them very hard.
Old 2010-03-06, 07:46   Link #1004
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
what does she mean by "yakusa number"
Well since he used a land line instead of his cellphone, she was able to see that the call came from Yakusa (the town they are living in), since in Japan like in many countries the first part of a land line phone number refers to a geographic code. And as she used to live in Yakusa, she knows its code and can identify it.
Old 2010-03-06, 13:41   Link #1005
Xagzan

I thought it was pretty cute that Mashiro called Azuki first. Finally, he acts like they're actually a couple and goes to her for support first instead of Takagi.

I'm pretty surprised they came out and Iwase and Nizuma don't get along though. I guess that ship has quickly sunk...
Old 2010-03-06, 21:22   Link #1006
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Thank god that they will end that stupid Tanto crap (or heading toward that direction). I was starting to fear that they might keep going on with this manga and try to improve it.
Old 2010-03-06, 21:56   Link #1007
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Thank god that they will end that stupid Tanto crap (or heading toward that direction). I was starting to fear that they might keep going on with this manga and try to improve it.
Seconded.

Personally I never believed in Tanto, especially with their previous records; it was kinda painful to see it drag for so long ><.
Old 2010-03-07, 00:13   Link #1008
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
I actually thought Shujin would whole-heartedly agree to it. He's going insane over Tanto, and that's not like his usual composed self. With Tanto being in a stable, non-risky spot, they're kind of 'forced' into continuing it. If he'd be bitchy about anything, it's that he doesn't want to take another risk. Based on how he views Eiji similar to Mashiro though, I don't think that would be the case.
He's married now. He's a new husband, his "family" basically depends on Tanto, so I'm expecting some drama. Though as how Bakuman is, the drama will be over quick.
Old 2010-03-07, 00:56   Link #1009
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
He's married now. He's a new husband, his "family" basically depends on Tanto, so I'm expecting some drama. Though as how Bakuman is, the drama will be over quick.
Only his wife can compare how he was and how he is and conclude that Tanto is bad both for his health and they family.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2010-03-07, 01:24   Link #1010
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Yeah. I never liked Tanto to begin with. It really doesn't suit them at all. Tbh, I kinda wished Money and Intelligence had been serialized. The plot for that one had a lot of promise.
Old 2010-03-11, 14:52   Link #1011
d3ad3r

Spoiler for Ch. 77:
Old 2010-03-12, 03:06   Link #1012
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

Any theories on these cut scenes to Shizuka and his name? A chapter focused on the wedding and Tanto but still finds panels to include the reclusive Shizuka. Shizuka's work is dark, Ashirogi's original works were dark, which Hattori eludes in the last page is where their potential exists. Maybe they're hinting to some collaboration between Shizuka and Mashiro?
Old 2010-03-12, 06:38   Link #1013
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocd View Post
Any theories on these cut scenes to Shizuka and his name? A chapter focused on the wedding and Tanto but still finds panels to include the reclusive Shizuka. Shizuka's work is dark, Ashirogi's original works were dark, which Hattori eludes in the last page is where their potential exists. Maybe they're hinting to some collaboration between Shizuka and Mashiro?
Shizuka writes and draws his own stuff. Besides, we've already gone over the whole 'Takagi and Mashiro probable break-up and reunion' thing back with Trap. We don't need that fiasco again.

The scene suddenly cutting to Shizuka and the name, in my opinion, is just to maximize the content per chapter. Not the best place to have it, but in a way, it's kind of like a build-up. On one hand, Ashirogi is struggling to balance their interest, niche and the difficulties of reality. On the other, someone who's had no priority whatsoever on his lifestyle is slowly creeping out of his arrogant hikki-gamer shell to become a better mangaka, and maybe even a better person.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2010-03-12, 07:19   Link #1014
Likely

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocd View Post
oy, i agree with this possibility. would be appropriate for the dark cut scenes. but boy, shujin got married in this chapter. yet it didnt seem like the happiest day of anyones life.
Old 2010-03-12, 08:31   Link #1015
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likely View Post
oy, i agree with this possibility. would be appropriate for the dark cut scenes. but boy, shujin got married in this chapter. yet it didnt seem like the happiest day of anyones life.
Takagi's under too much stress because of Tanto and how much he's come to depend on it and Mashiro's realizing that it's becoming way too much for him. That's why he wanted to get confirmation from someone experienced whether or not their work really is good or not. That way, he'll have a better reason to convince Takagi to go back to his usual stories and create something he can actually be good with. At least, that's what I'm hoping for. And I'm hoping Miura gets a boot to the head. I've had enough of his gag manga fetish. If I didn't know any better, I'd have thought he was obsessive. But tbh, I think Ahirogi's gonna carry on with Tanto until they get cancelled. If Takagi keeps going like this, he'll end up getting a breakdown like Mashiro had before, unless Kaya realizes just how bad things are getting, and the fact she's being neglected to an extent. On the other hand, I was really (and I mean really) glad to see that Mashiro and Miho are getting closer to each other. The text-exclusive contact between those two was getting tiresome.
Old 2010-03-12, 08:48   Link #1016
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Actually the wedding isn't over yet :P The chapter was good, Mashiro shouting was much needed, although it calls for a lot of trouble...Hattori said that if they get a second series axed, things would look very bad for them, same for Miura too. I doubt they'll get into drama with Shujin not working on a project while being married, at least I hope they won't. At least the death mark has been placed on gag manga, this is a day to celebraaate! -pops champagne-
Old 2010-03-12, 09:14   Link #1017
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for page 77:
Old 2010-03-12, 09:26   Link #1018
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'm expecting Shizuka to become Ashirogi's next #1 fan after they start a new series, OR give them inspiration for it...
Old 2010-03-12, 09:32   Link #1019
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

I doubt anyone could top Nizuma as Ashirogi's fan, and I'd find it really hard to see anyone beat Nizuma in terms of how big a fan of Ashirogi they are. But I think seeing Shizuka do really good will give Ashirogi the incentive they need to turn back to their strengths and ditch Miura (or his fetish at any rate).
Old 2010-03-12, 10:41   Link #1020
Wrath88
Kissing...

So now the dilemma of breaking Shujin through Tanto? How many people think that the conclusion will appear after the honeymoon? And which will it be:
1. Breakthrough with Tanto
2. Swap over to new series

Tags
manga, shounen