AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 18
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 16 14.68%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 30 27.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 29 26.61%
7 out of 10 : Good... 20 18.35%
6 out of 10 : Average... 5 4.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 2 1.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 1 0.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 3 2.75%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 3 2.75%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-11-03, 15:50   Link #21
GreenČ
It's bacon!

If it saves anyone some time, holding up a mirror while playing back the Sugu fanservice scene doesn't work.
GreenČ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 15:52   Link #22
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
they are related, first cousins.
Oh...boy...

You know it's bad enough that they feel the need to really layer on the fanservice shots of her, but then they have to go and give her some really incredible lines like "I'm just showing him the way" while she's stripped to her underwear or like "I'm getting excited" while she's butt naked and dripping wet...

Last edited by Haak; 2012-11-03 at 16:18.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 15:56   Link #23
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestalker5 View Post
For one he's fairly positive that the blurry picture is of Asuna. He decides to investigate the World Tree because THAT'S WHERE THE PICTURE WAS TAKEN. A group of 5 used their own "leap frog" technique to get high enough up the tree to snap that picture. After that happened the game placed a wall in their way and the only way to the top by climbing the World Tree the official way. This was all explained in episode 16.

Climbing the tree is the only thing he can do at the moment. You would rather he stayed at home done nothing?! Seriously complain about him SUPPOSEDLY not doing anything and then you complain and bitch about the only thing he can do as a pathetic attempt in futility.

What do you expect him to do?! What can he do that will satisfy you? Because at the moment you seem to be at war with yourself on the subject.
I'm not expecting him to do anything more. I'm just saying that he's not in a position to "Kirito-Sue" his way to victory while Asuna waits helplessly. She's more in charge of her own fate than he is.

Edit: I did say "there's nothing wrong with that", didn't I?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 15:57   Link #24
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenČ View Post
If it saves anyone some time, holding up a mirror while playing back the Sugu fanservice scene doesn't work.
That doesn't stop people from trying
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 16:23   Link #25
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
And this week on Rape Art Online, Sugou cops a feel while Asuna looks increasingly annoyed that the author has turned her from a Saber-class badass to a piece of meat that exists solely so the audience can feel all white knighty as they root for Kirito-Sue to rescue her.
And this week on AnimeSuki, jaded feminists prove that it's wrong for a girl to ever need help from someone, even though the situation makes sense in the context of the story and remains consistent with her previous characterization (Asuna's as strong-willed as ever, but her former physical strength and badassery in SAO hinged upon the fact that she'd been given plenty of time to level grind and raise her facts) and the story generally treats both genders equally with Asuna having rescued Kirito more than the reverse up to this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak
You know it's bad enough that they feel the need to really layer on the fanservice shots of her, but then they have to go and give her some really incredible lines like "I'm just showing him the way" while she's stripped to her underwear or like "I'm getting excited" while she's butt naked and dripping wet...
I haven't watched the episode yet, but I seriously doubt I'll use the word 'bad' to describe these scenes. kekeke
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 16:37   Link #26
HandofFate

I think I enjoy this Alfhelm World better than the SAO world, seems more interesting.

Everyone was in such a bad mood because of the whole dying thing. Its nice seeing everyone engrossed in the actual game.

Also enjoying this second half more than the second half of Accel World, even though both have their own really douchy antagonist.

Sugou's harrassment of Asuna is so creepy. You could have the next scene be of him kicking around puppies and kittens for fun and it would flow seamlessly with his character at this point lol.
Old 2012-11-03, 16:42   Link #27
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Gee willikers, they sure didn't skimp on the Suguha service this week did they? Gotta appeal to that teenage male crowd with the over-active libidos after all yes?

Seriously though, pretty uneventful episode just like last week. I guess it is nice to see why Suguha is playing a game when Kazuto said a ways back she wasn't into them. Then again the reason was pretty easy to guess since the reveal last week.

Oh and how the hell did Sugou not take into account that Asuna could have seen the keypad in the mirror? Talk about a major lapse in judgement. Keep disappointing me Sugou.~

Really there's not much to say about it this week. Nothing really happened.
Old 2012-11-03, 16:49   Link #28
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Gee willikers, they sure didn't skimp on the Suguha service this week did they? Gotta appeal to that teenage male crowd with the over-active libidos after all yes?
Our libidos stay over-active long after the teenage years are over :p

Nice to hear that Suguha's reasoning for playing ALO is explained, though - I always found it curious that Suguha jumped into something that, at the time, had left her cousin in a coma for the past 14 months.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 16:55   Link #29
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Something bug me

Why the heel you half naked while playing a game!? unleash if it summer and you AC is broken. i dont see any reason. someone give proper explanation! (Fanservice is not acceptable answer by the way)

second, isnt that Yui contradict much? first she say "He (Recon) Likes you, Lyfa" then she ask "What does it mean to like someone"

thought?

PS. By the way i did not complain about fanservice...ok maybe little bit

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 16:59   Link #30
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
IMO the transition from end of episode to credits was superb directing
Old 2012-11-03, 17:00   Link #31
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Why the heel you half naked while playing a game!? unleash if it summer and you AC is broken. i dont see any reason. someone give proper explanation! (Fanservice is not acceptable answer by the way)

second, isnt that Yui contradict much? first she say "He (Recon) Likes you, Lyfa" then she ask "What does it mean to like someone"

thought?

Something else frustrates me. I understand that she wore a tee-shirt and underwear to be comfortable but why also wear a bra? What kind of woman wants to get comfortable wearing a bra in bed? I'd thought she'd just wear the t-shirt over her voluptuous breasts. mmmmmm
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 17:07   Link #32
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Kids in the future sure are developed
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 17:12   Link #33
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Our libidos stay over-active long after the teenage years are over
Well there are plenty of folk here on AS who demonstrate just that, that's for sure.

Quote:
Eh? It's more common than you think. I've played games in my underwear too after waking up in the morning. Actually, just sit back and ponder just how many folk are posting on this forum right now in only their underwear. I bet the actual number would be quite a bit more than you believe.
Old 2012-11-03, 17:26   Link #34
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:

thought?

For the first question, the LN gives an explanation:

Spoiler for explanation:

For the second question, since Yui was a counseling AI, I assume she became good at knowing what people are thinking, but also because she's an AI, not understanding why or what it means.

It's kind of like young children - when I was young, I can tell when someone liked someone else, even if I didn't understand how it felt to 'like' someone.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 17:42   Link #35
chaos_alfa

Quote:

thought?

Spoiler for Light Novel Detail:

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2012-11-03 at 17:56.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 18:05   Link #36
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenČ View Post
Oh jeez this made me laugh so much so.

Spoiler for Episode thoughts:

This arc feels a lot slower than SAO. Although we do get to see how a VRMMO works if it doesn't have the whole dying penalty.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 18:20   Link #37
The Green One

Once upon a time we watched shows for entertainment and enjoyment. Now we watch shows to nitpick about everything.

We flog that poor horse to death. Then shoot it in the head a few more times for good measure. Then carpet bomb the area.

Yep can't seem to live without complaining about something. Or making up something to complain about.

Well anyway. A bit of a transition episode Kirito and Leafa's journey begins and Asuna is plotting her escape. Next week will be interesting.

Maybe the complaints will be more original next week.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 19:06   Link #38
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

So Yui likes Kirito...gets emotionally rejected from him declaring love from Asuna. She moves on, finds someone new, except this new person isn't new at all.

This won't end well for her...
Old 2012-11-03, 19:09   Link #39
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
So Yui likes Kirito...gets emotionally rejected from him declaring love from Asuna. She moves on, finds someone new, except this new person isn't new at all.

Yui? You mean Suguha?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 19:09   Link #40
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post

Suguha. Yui is Kirito's "daughter", you sicko.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote