AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-16, 03:04   Link #21
Morisato

Why doesn't Sena find Maria HNNNNNNNNNNNNNGG cute like she does Kobato?

Is Maria actually a teacher there cause she seems too stupid and immature to be a teacher. I've seen animes with 10-year old genius teachers like Negi and Rebecca but Maria just seems like a dumb 10-year old.

Last edited by Morisato; 2012-03-18 at 00:51.
Old 2012-03-16, 03:53   Link #22
Makall

Why the hell does Kodaka always roll up his pants? I don't think it's helping his image of not being a delinquent.
Old 2012-03-17, 23:17   Link #23
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makall View Post
Why the hell does Kodaka always roll up his pants? I don't think it's helping his image of not being a delinquent.
that was a tren in its preious school, and he thougth it was gonna give him a more casual and relaxed image, but as you can see it did nothin og the sort.
Old 2012-03-27, 01:52   Link #24
Whiskeyjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato View Post
Why doesn't Sena find Maria HNNNNNNNNNNNNNGG cute like she does Kobato?
I am curious about this as well. I think it might be because of Maria's attitude towards the other members of the club. Or maybe Sena prefers Kobato because she cosplays? Sena seems to be a siscon as well, making Kobato a likely target.

Spoiler for Maria:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato View Post
Is Maria actually a teacher there cause she seems too stupid and immature to be a teacher. I've seen animes with 10-year old genius teachers like Negi and Rebecca but Maria just seems like a dumb 10-year old.
According to the later volumes of the light novels, it was mentioned that Maria is really a teacher with some serious duties making her skip some Neighbor Club activities
Old 2012-03-27, 02:57   Link #25
potchip

intelligence, knowledge, wisdom, okay Maria may appear to have none of them but she's actually good at school work (bible study excepted) and beats Kobato hands down (who's terrible). Obviously she has -100 emotional intelligence.

Offtopic Malazan got really crappy later on.
Old 2012-03-27, 02:59   Link #26
Makall

Spoiler for Maria:
Old 2012-06-05, 06:44   Link #27
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Do the characters have some sort of color coding? You know, like, how in K-On, red is for Yui, etc etc...
The DVD booklets had them, I think, and Yukimura was... orange?
Old 2013-01-13, 12:32   Link #28
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Is NEXT being simulcast like the first season?

Set by TheEroKing.
Old 2013-01-13, 19:58   Link #29
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Not at the moment, but that could change very quickly!
Old 2013-01-20, 06:30   Link #30
Kudryavka

Why is the girl called Meat? :?
Old 2013-01-20, 06:52   Link #31
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
Yozora, the instigator of the nickname, was seemingly jealous of Sena's breasts (I finally said the word 'breasts'! )

In an attempt to rile Sena, Yozora called her meat, I believe in an attempt to insult her by not acknowledging her breasts as real.
Old 2013-01-20, 06:53   Link #32
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
Because of her big boobs.
Old 2013-01-20, 10:29   Link #33
Kudryavka

Ok. Thank you guys!
Old 2013-01-22, 23:15   Link #34
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I actually remember reading someone make a claim once that the reason for the "Meat" nickname may not have been due to Sena's body (or only due to that), but rather stemming from the video game they played early in the story, where "Meat" was one of the lowest forms of items. (So, in that case, "Meat = Worthless".) I don't know whether this theory is made clearer in the books, but I always thought it was an interesting argument that also makes sense (given that Sena's biggest "sin" is her haughty pride). I bring this interpretation only to question whether the other meaning is absolute fact or not.

I would also say, as a comment, that referring to a woman as "meat" (in reference to her body/breasts) is incredibly degrading. It wouldn't be beyond Yozora to do such a thing (as she has made other degrading comments about Sena's body), but yeah... not good.
Old 2013-01-23, 01:10   Link #35
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I actually remember reading someone make a claim once that the reason for the "Meat" nickname may not have been due to Sena's body (or only due to that), but rather stemming from the video game they played early in the story, where "Meat" was one of the lowest forms of items. (So, in that case, "Meat = Worthless".) I don't know whether this theory is made clearer in the books, but I always thought it was an interesting argument that also makes sense (given that Sena's biggest "sin" is her haughty pride). I bring this interpretation only to question whether the other meaning is absolute fact or not.

I would also say, as a comment, that referring to a woman as "meat" (in reference to her body/breasts) is incredibly degrading. It wouldn't be beyond Yozora to do such a thing (as she has made other degrading comments about Sena's body), but yeah... not good.
I was basing my answer solely on the events in the anime, and I remember when Yozora first met Sena at the club room in the 1st episode of season 1, Yozora was absolutely pissed at the sight of Sena's bust size.

But, I went to check and make sure, and Yozora's first use of the name "meat" happened near the beginning of episode 02, when Yozora was looking at Sena's PSP. It wasn't in game nor about the items, but since this is the anime, I have absolutely no idea if the novel is the same.
Old 2013-01-23, 03:26   Link #36
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post

Yozora makes it quite clear in the first episode of the previous season that she feels offended by Sena's big boobs. First, she calls them 'milk udders', then she refers to Sena as 'little miss cow' before (in the subsequent episode) calling her 'Meat'. Given how she also said that she wouldn't mind if all big-boobed girls were to die, I think it's safe to say that Sena's nickname stems from Yozora's breast envy and not from some other source.

And as degrading as it may be, Sena seems to have gotten used to it by now, so it doesn't seem to bother her as much anymore.
Old 2013-01-23, 05:34   Link #37
potchip

...Haven't you people heard of meat and monster hunter? Yes - the meat nickname evolved after they played the monster hunter game - and yes, meat is the most common item in the game and not particularly valuable nor useful.

Sena was originally a cow, but meat has the double meaning of a cow (mostly in English) and being useless/cheap.

Japanese usage of niku is not necessarily the same to English though, and I haven't encountered that many reference to breasts as niku. Only in Maoyu where as it is 駄肉 not just 肉. A simple search on google images of niku will not yield you any big breasts. niku benki however...is sexual but not specific to the breast region. Again meaning is more cheap/low than big breasted.

Last edited by potchip; 2013-01-23 at 05:47.
Old 2013-01-23, 07:33   Link #38
mangatron

No, I've never played monster hunter
Old 2013-02-11, 11:07   Link #39
Bombo
TSF Fans

Question about anime and light novel
How far the anime went to LN? i want to start reading it tbh .
Old 2013-02-11, 16:18   Link #40
sky black swordman

^
Spoiler for Answer:

Tags
q&a