AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-05, 23:48   Link #4081
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I'm playing Harukaze's らぶおぶ恋愛皇帝ofLOVE!, and I've learned what it feels like to play an eroge that is suffering from a severe case of ADHD. I'm gonna keep at it and hope the story becomes more coherent once I'm on a heroine route.
Old 2013-06-06, 12:03   Link #4082
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I just completed the Memoria-route of the same-named title and it gave a beautiful and heartwarming (albeit short) conclusion to Haruna's route, which was also the route you are forced to complete at first. The largest part was the flashback of Kouichi's life before his memory loss and switched afterwards back to present time where Haruna's route ended.
However, how the happy end for her was executed felt a bit forced.
Spoiler for Final Conclusion:

Anyway a happy end still well deserved. Poor Aika got the short stick somehow, even though she was one if not the most important side character plot-wise.
Otherwise: Tomoe with contacts and her more honest self was quite lovely and probably the best "normal" route.
Arisa while irresistable to hug had the annoying drama with her father, yet her moments with Kouichi were themselves very cute.
Old 2013-06-08, 16:29   Link #4083
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Down with the sempai cliches!!!! Because the trial I'm playing of ナマイキデレーション, has no sempai characters at all! Everyone is either the same year as the MC or is his kouhai! And Hatsuyuki from Hatsuyuki Sakura doesn't count cause there's Aya.

What's more, the osanajimi character isn't the extremely common gentle girl who likes cooking and housework. The one in this game is a love freak who wants to rape the MC's face. The little sister's the one who's good at cooking and housework, but she's a cooldere. And what's more she's actually busty, unlike practically every other imouto character who's flat-chested!

Mwahahahahaa!! Take that established cliches!!!!
Old 2013-06-08, 17:38   Link #4084
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Down with the sempai cliches!!!! Because the trial I'm playing of ナマイキデレーション, has no sempai characters at all! Everyone is either the same year as the MC or is his kouhai! And Hatsuyuki from Hatsuyuki Sakura doesn't count cause there's Aya.
There are many games without senpai characters 0_0

Quote:
What's more, the osanajimi character isn't the extremely common gentle girl who likes cooking and housework. The one in this game is a love freak who wants to rape the MC's face.
There are lot's of osanajimi characters that don't do housework and cooking

Quote:
The little sister's the one who's good at cooking and housework, but she's a cooldere.
The capable imouto and kuudere imouto are both common, eventhough it's less common to see both traits

Quote:
And what's more she's actually busty, unlike practically every other imouto character who's flat-chested!
They

and many other imouto's beg to differ
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 19:02   Link #4085
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

hyl, the right thing to do is to join along with the mood, not crash the party.
Old 2013-06-10, 16:42   Link #4086
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Two routes done in Ex-one's latest VN Tsukiakari Lunch. Except of Futsuno Fantasy, there'll also be an unlockable route after the remaing ones (in this case 3 routes) are completed. There are like with Mantsu no Monogatari quite a few myteries flowing around, yet also seems that during each route a few information are leaked out + the IMHO interestingly done "epilogue" of a route. Said epilogue is actually not a happy ending (to my surprise or shock? ). Obviously based one the unlockable routes it seems the major mysteries are spun around the two Haruhiko's and Aki. With witches, an abnormal school location and people being dragged there from different worlds you can expect a colorful group and it's nice to see how each member represents his/her own train of thoughts/principles of the world, circumstances, etc. As with the other ex-one titles the MC is partly-voiced.

Anyway, short route stuff:
Spoiler for Natsuno and Fuyu:

I hope ex-one will keep up their - for me - good work and also throw a few light-hearted titles in-between like Futsuno Fantasy was for the most part .
Old 2013-06-10, 17:46   Link #4087
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:

What's more, the osanajimi character isn't the extremely common gentle girl who likes cooking and housework. The one in this game is a love freak who wants to rape the MC's face. The little sister's the one who's good at cooking and housework, but she's a cooldere. And what's more she's actually busty, unlike practically every other imouto character who's flat-chested!

Mwahahahahaa!! Take that established cliches!!!!
Keep those imoutos coming!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 03:43   Link #4088
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
If you need recommendations for other awesome eroge, Subarashiki Hibi is I think the second-highest ranked VN on erogamescape and supposedly eclipsed Muv-luv alternative for some time. I've only played a little bit of it so far and it's very, very good.
Gotta love the search function. I guess one person in this thread mentioned this game before(back in 2011).

I just started playing it as well. It's almost too good. Can't really define what it is in words or pinpoint what makes it good though. It's quite magical. Can't wait to savor it in its entirety.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 08:06   Link #4089
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I'll be interested to see what you think of it as a whole. It's very ambitious and very bizarre.
Old 2013-06-11, 09:04   Link #4090
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger View Post
I'll be interested to see what you think of it as a whole. It's very ambitious and very bizarre.
Keep hearing how much it involves philosophy. Is that accurate description?

And is it as chuu2-ish in application as Masada did with Nietzsche for Dies?
Old 2013-06-11, 10:28   Link #4091
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Questions for the pros again-

Period-Guys, any opinion on this? The Art work is very....alternative and watery like (The girls look like some kind of odd oil painting), despite the advance graphics, is this worth it?)

Himegari Dungeon Miester-Is this canceled? I used to be able to find it on VNtracking, now is gone totally.

Demonbane: this series throw out a lot of Lovercraft terms, like the Necromoncion, but after like prologue it seem to be a classic Mecha/Superhero story a-la-power-ranger or something. Is this series has any twist or turns or even horror element to it?
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 13:11   Link #4092
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger View Post
Indeed. They do try to accomplish a lot. I'll see how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Keep hearing how much it involves philosophy. Is that accurate description?

And is it as chuu2-ish in application as Masada did with Nietzsche for Dies?
Yes, but it's not the in-your-face type of show-off philosophy. I haven't played that game you mentioned so I can't really compare. I would be the last person in the world who would take an interest in any sort of philosophy, and I expected the philosophical parts to annoy me. However, it did not. I think they incorporated it well into the game as a whole and I found those parts quite interesting to say the least.

Last edited by Achiuakuna; 2013-06-11 at 14:40.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 04:36   Link #4093
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Another bunch of impressions because Mahou has too much time during the period when the university district of the city is under high water

I completed Tsukiakari Lunch. And while I liked the overall game, I would have felt easier with some miracle magic to create a happy ending for MC and Aki D:. Well, I'm aware it's an overall good ending before an indivual happy ending, but still ... . The truth about the MC was what I thought would have happened to Aki-chan.

Anyway all girls were extremly cute and their routes had touching moments.
Favorite route-order: Aki = Fuyu > Natsuno = Avril. Again, I loved Fuyu's character growth and while Aki's route progressed romance-wise somehow slower, I liked her caring and quiet character. Natsuno's route was probably the most balanced in terms of drama. You didn't have a "doomsday" feeling like with the finale of Avril's route and her cheerful side and "attachment" of Haruhiko after the first progress was adorable.
Avril, again, as a character was *hnnghhhh* once her dere-dere side appeared, but the finale of her route was a bit "WTF!?"-inducing
I wished there'd be an happy-go-lucky afterstory for each heroine like in Manatsu Monogatari instead of additional ecchi scenes D:.

Secondly: Koi Shiyo~:
Overall the VN *is* quite ordinary with nothing really outstanding story aspects, but so much might have already been clear from various story summaries. Still, it was cute how they showed the (clumsy) steps of how each heroine (and MC) come to realize the feelings of love and romance.
My personal favorite routes are Misaki's (only after one route is completed) and Miyabi's, once you look past the pre-confession drama. Chika's route probably the most balanced, due to her aggressive nature to purue her Ouji-sama . Still, large amount of *hnnngghhh* for her.
Spoiler for Misaki:

Lastly: Short question about Kisaragi Goldstar: Does it have the same amount of "tragedy" and/or melodramatic vibe/ending as Hatsuyuki Sakura and Natsuyume or is it (hopefully) more lighthearted happy ending-ish?
Old 2013-06-13, 11:51   Link #4094
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Lovely x Cation 2: Seine's Birthday append. Mmmmm-mmmm-mmmmmmm. Seine floundering about in her deadpan, clueless manner is just adorable.
Old 2013-06-13, 12:15   Link #4095
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Kisaragi Goldstar is far less "dramatic" than Hatsuyuki Sakura and Natsuyume Nagisa.
edit:
If you are going to read it, you might want to hold it off for a while because there will be an all ages psp port with an extra route for Kuon. Unless you don't have a psp
Old 2013-06-13, 13:23   Link #4096
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Kisaragi Goldstar is far less "dramatic" than Hatsuyuki Sakura and Natsuyume Nagisa.
edit:
If you are going to read it, you might want to hold it off for a while because there will be an all ages psp port with an extra route for Kuon. Unless you don't have a psp
Thanks, I have a psp, so I'll keep your information in mind. Guess, I'll test the available version for a bit. Otherwise reading it again (depending on the "final impression"), isn't much of a concern as I did the same with Mashiro-iro Symphony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchemageXin
Period-Guys, any opinion on this? The Art work is very....alternative and watery like (The girls look like some kind of odd oil painting), despite the advance graphics, is this worth it?)
Yeah, Artwork is a bit hard to get used to. Otherwise, I had my enjoyable time with Period, for all my opinion may be worth. Drama was acceptable, Kohane-chan absolutely adorable and hug-tempting *lol*. However, there are a few plot elements that simply were not explained any further other than introduction and maybe a few bits here and there.
Old 2013-06-13, 13:37   Link #4097
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
Lovely x Cation 2: Seine's Birthday append. Mmmmm-mmmm-mmmmmmm. Seine floundering about in her deadpan, clueless manner is just adorable.
Is that a separate game or is that in lovely cation 2?
Old 2013-06-14, 00:42   Link #4098
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

It's from this. Comes with clock, calendar, wallpapers, and a bonus append much like the monthly appends, only this one is heroine specific (as it's for their respective birthdays).
Old 2013-06-15, 08:47   Link #4099
hyl
reading #hikaributts

The seiyuu cast for the main heroines is revealed for Karumaruka * Circle
(and earlier this week it was also announced that the release date for it was 27th of september)
http://sagaplanets.product.co.jp/wor...character.html

The seiyuu's should be pretty easy recognizable even if you are playing eroge casually

Let's hope that the story by these new writers will be as good as Saga planets previous few games after Niijima Yuu left the company last year
Old 2013-06-15, 17:55   Link #4100
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

So I just played a free doujin game called 強盗、娼婦のヒモになる (which I downloaded because I saw quite a few positive reviews on erogamescape).

The creator's site and download links are here. There are one or two NSFW thumbnails on that page, but most of the blog itself is pretty clean.

It's really good, you guys. Like, I don't want to overhype it, but the writing is up there with the top tier of commercial games, as far as I'm concerned. It's blissfully short--no unnecessary padding whatsoever--with great characterization and appealing characters. The quality of the characterization carries over to the ero-scene dialogue and narration as well (there's only a tiny bit of ero, but it felt like a smooth-flowing and natural part of the story).

Go play it! I would think pretty seriously about the possibility of translating this myself if I had more time on my hands...

Last edited by Dagger; 2013-06-16 at 02:53.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel