Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-02-27, 00:19   Link #181
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto Lin
May I ask why the pictures are uncolored? Is it because of an art aspect? If it is meant to be art, what is the meaning behind the grayscaleing?
because its real developing? umm its photography class and you're only allowed black and white film? perhaps?

we use the actual chemicals and work in a dark room to develop them, fixers, developers, etcs. and enlargers, filters, etc. ^_^ The class just started 2 weeks ago!

what makes black and white photos significant and artisitic?
the artist must always rely on light. light creates the picture. light gives it composition, shadows, body, detail, mood. you usually cant get that with colored photos. even the modern artists/professional phtographers use black and white film.

Last edited by Lanimoo; 2004-02-27 at 01:43.
Lanimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 08:14   Link #182
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanimoo
because its real developing? umm its photography class and you're only allowed black and white film? perhaps?

we use the actual chemicals and work in a dark room to develop them, fixers, developers, etcs. and enlargers, filters, etc. ^_^ The class just started 2 weeks ago!

what makes black and white photos significant and artisitic?
the artist must always rely on light. light creates the picture. light gives it composition, shadows, body, detail, mood. you usually cant get that with colored photos. even the modern artists/professional phtographers use black and white film.
Ok ^^. Just wanted to hear it from you. Did you already experiment with orange and red filters? You can make impressive photos of the sky (or photos that contain much sky...for example together with scenery/skylines of towns).
Old 2004-02-27, 09:21   Link #183
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

Red face

Quote:
Ok ^^. Just wanted to hear it from you. Did you already experiment with orange and red filters? You can make impressive photos of the sky (or photos that contain much sky...for example together with scenery/skylines of towns).
yes i've worked with fitlers. i usually work with red ones (3.0 pts and above filters). Its too bad that I don't have an SLR camera to give my photos more composition and an artistitc direction. I work with a japanese viewfinder(point and shoot with zoom) camera.... -_- but I take as good of a picture as advance student ^_^ I have to take a icture of the sky. ..... its too cloudy iv Seattle to be even thinking about it, but it was sunny or partly sunny and the sun was setting behind fat marshomallows clouds with a lot of contrast, i would try it.
Old 2004-02-27, 10:31   Link #184
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

That would be a nice and interesting photograph of a sky. I love pictures with interesting and highly contrasting skies.
However I am not a photographer myself (don't have the money for the equipement). A friend that I know from college made some nice pictures. He told me about the filters, and that I would never get those results with an autoshutter camera. He told me also 'bout strange formulas to calculate the best shutter timing according to different filters and stuff (I did not really understand what he was trying to explain ^^').
But since then I know, that it is really difficult and kind of art to make a good photograph.
Old 2004-02-27, 13:41   Link #185
nooc

Well, I guess I'll post something here.

One day I saw this nice scenery on the table AND I had a camera in my hand.

This pic I took last winter. It was a foggy winter day and minus degrees outside. The water particles i nthe air stuck to everything.
nooc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 19:33   Link #186
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

Talking today's print

my best print ever, so far: its a trailer barbershop

comments? ^_^
Old 2004-02-27, 19:53   Link #187
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
It says barber shop? I took one of those old school photograph classes my senior year myself. I went to take "pictures" at the movies and the mall... and sometimes the arcade when the teacher told us to go outside to take some photos. Hey, it was for "educational" purposes.

Knowing how fickle you are, I give it till the end of your semester till you totally lose interest in photography =P.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 20:15   Link #188
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

Red face -_-

slade.... I have to deal with you on AIM and now the forums?.... -_- and yes I know I will eventually lose interest because photography is an expensive hobby. but you can't deny the fact that I take good pictures, so buzz off.

people, want to see something silly?
here's a clip of my friend pretending he's singing "this love" by maroon 5
http://bananarenders.com/movies/this-love-fast.mov
Old 2004-02-27, 21:41   Link #189
d07n37
flame grilled

howdy.
i've read some "i bought my fisrt digicam back in.. and it cost...." posts so i thought i'd post the same

took that just over 3 years ago with my trusty toshiba pdr-5.
nice cheap 0.3 mega pixel at only £266 (US$400) in '99 but bought it 'factory reconditioned' for £100 (UD$150) in '00. bargain.

that pic is cropped it is only 0.13 Mpixel, blurry, and generally not very good.

Quote:
orignially posted bt roots
I prefer to keep my memories in my head, since only the important ones are saved in there.
i'm terrible at remembering things/places/events and as i'm not the literary sort i don't keep a diary. i prefer to keep a visual scrapbook of my life by keeping a digital camera on me and taking snaps when and whereever i feel like taking them. i've had a digicam in my pocket for the past 4 years and apart from a few odd months when i've done nothing interesting or my camera's been broken i've got pictures from almost every day... (exageration)

i must say that i prefer ppl's still life to anything else.... still life portraiture and objects are the best... i also like the nature photos...

this might prompt me to redesign my site and put it back up
Old 2004-02-28, 09:09   Link #190
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
comments? ^_^

The Photograph is technically well done. But pls forgive me when I find the apples better (from the art aspect). This photograph is way too overloaded for me. It won't let the viewer escape from the trailer. It makes me feel like to be in a deadend (and I somehow don't really like to be in a deadend ).

@d07n37,

the sky seems to have a special aura over the downtown. Its a very interesting shot.
Old 2004-02-28, 11:24   Link #191
squonjon
わからなくなる

Quote:
comments? ^_^
I like his kilt.

Here's a picture I discovered I'd taken. It's most probably of a ghost.

Click for a bigger, if equally detailed version.
squonjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 11:57   Link #192
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by squonjon
I like his kilt.
umm... thats a little girl... she was hanging around the barbershop waiting for a cousin...

Quote:
The Photograph is technically well done. But pls forgive me when I find the apples better (from the art aspect). This photograph is way too overloaded for me. It won't let the viewer escape from the trailer. It makes me feel like to be in a deadend (and I somehow don't really like to be in a deadend).
I agree that it traps the viewer's focus. Att the beginning I had the whole trailer on the negative, but when it printed the whole picture, it was too ordinary, and scattererd (or maybe the picture was just badly taken ) And so the teacher told e to crop it and emphasized the graffiti art, making that my subject. And so I printed that and had no idea there was a girl going into the shop. (I have bad eyes, but I don't wear glasses. I can barely see anything in the dark room.)
Old 2004-02-28, 13:19   Link #193
megazone23

These were from Bowen Island, BC, Canada (Killarney Lake). Wished that there wasn't any wind though since it wouldn't have rippled the water
megazone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 13:42   Link #194
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I think you take really good pictures Lanimoo, keep it up! I especially like the picture of the bats. I think you should take more pictures of bats and post them here.

d07n37, honestly my memory is horrible as well, and I don't keep a journal/diary. In fact I was in an accident 7 years ago which left me with permanent brain damage and now I forget things pretty easily. Regardless, for some reason I just don't like holding a camera and taking pictures. I can't really explain why, I just feel that way about them. Maybe its because when I was little my mom/aunt made me pose for some 50,000 pictures and I grew sick of it
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 15:31   Link #195
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazone23
These were from Bowen Island, BC, Canada (Killarney Lake). Wished that there wasn't any wind though since it wouldn't have rippled the water

Hey these are really nice photos. In the first picture the mist and the reflections of the lake give it a mystical touch. Same for the second picture. The second picture also reminds me of a stereo audiowave graph ^^'

Last edited by Jinto; 2004-02-28 at 16:54.
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 15:52   Link #196
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by megazone23
[

i like the second one (that one) more.

I like the glare/spots that come from looking into/near the sun...

keep up the good work. you have great location to work from.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 18:43   Link #197
d07n37
flame grilled

since people seem to like nature shots and mist i'll post along those lines

University of Reading campus, 31st may '03, 05:00. we were due to have a solar eclipse that morning so i stayed up with some friedns to watch it. my pics of the solar ecilpse were awful, this is the only decent pic i took that day
Old 2004-02-28, 20:36   Link #198
Bun-kun
Liberal Screamer

Send a message via AIM to Bun-kun
Here's one I took of Yellowstone when I was there 2 years ago

Last edited by Bun-chan; 2004-02-28 at 22:55.
Bun-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 00:20   Link #199
megazone23

Quote:
Originally Posted by d07n37
since people seem to like nature shots and mist i'll post along those lines

University of Reading campus, 31st may '03, 05:00. we were due to have a solar eclipse that morning so i stayed up with some friedns to watch it. my pics of the solar ecilpse were awful, this is the only decent pic i took that day
That's a really cool looking picture. Especially like the fog, mix of colors in the sky and the darkened-out tree in the foreground

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
i like the second one (that one) more.

I like the glare/spots that come from looking into/near the sun...

keep up the good work. you have great location to work from.
No I don't ><" That was actually on a trip that I went to for a few days Jan 03... actually don't have that area to work with. I would sure like to go back there just for the sake of taking pictures though since it was really nice
megazone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 16:39   Link #200
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Prepare to be pwnze0red!!!!111

Yay, I finally have a picture to contribute!!!....kind of. I spent yesterday writing an image filter slide show Java applet. It takes one of my favorite pictures and randomly applies one of ten programmed filters every 5 seconds.

http://expert.ics.purdue.edu/~olsent...ideFilter.html

Tell me if you like it.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
photography