AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

View Poll Results: Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 4 21.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 42.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 15.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 10.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 10.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-12, 11:39   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Rozen MaidenZurückspulen, Episode 11.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-09-13, 01:53   Link #2
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Now, that's how you do it.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2013-09-13, 04:46   Link #3
StainGlass

Found a lot of the execution in the episode just... odd, but it was a pretty good episode regardless.
The drawings were getting pretty shakey as well, but I liked the background art.

Suigintou is rather slack here, I find it hard to sympathize or understand her point of view. Unlike Nomad Suigintou, she doesn't really need Souseiseki's Rosa Mystica, and more-so, she didn't even win it fair and square in this series and in the manga. How annoying!
Old 2013-09-13, 09:35   Link #4
Witch of Uncertainty

I'm going to assume that Kirakishou isn't really dead, but that scene was pretty sad, imo.
She's pretty twisted, but she has her reasons. She must be terribly lonely.

Anyway, great episode. I wonder if Suiseiseki will snap Souseiseki's Rosa Mystica from Suigintou this time. The music was pretty good too. The music that played during Kira's death was beautiful.
Old 2013-09-13, 10:06   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Even though she's the villain, I couldn't help but feel bad for Kirakishou. Her "master"s were heartbreaking. She just wants to be loved...

Jun made the right choice though. He should change his world with his own power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
Anyway, great episode. I wonder if Suiseiseki will snap Souseiseki's Rosa Mystica from Suigintou this time. The music was pretty good too. The music that played during Kira's death was beautiful.
I think Suigintou will have a change of heart. She isn't as evil as she pretends to be.
Old 2013-09-13, 10:35   Link #6
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Kirakishou's final scene in this episode was a great one. If she really is dead, that was certainly a very memorable way for her to go out. In spite of how creepy and twisted she is, this episode managed to make me feel very sorry for her. The way they showed her crying was just so poignant.

Shinku's seeming demise was very well-animated and pretty poignant itself.

As for Suigintou... I'm not sure if I should be impressed that she never takes her eyes off the ultimate prize (winning the Alice game), or if I should be disgusted at just how brutally cold and insensitive she is. If I was Desu, I'd seriously consider challenging Suigintou to a fight right then and there.

This episode certainly ended on a great cliffhanger moment. I kind of wish the next episode preview hadn't spoiled a key detail, though I suppose that detail was somewhat predictable anyway.

The two Juns will be going back to their own respective worlds. The real questions now are what ultimately happens to the Rozen Maidens, and if adult!Jun might make some serious relationship progress with Saito. I'm interested in seeing what answers the next episode might have for those two questions.
Old 2013-09-13, 20:10   Link #7
Birdway
Banned

Beautiful:
Old 2013-09-13, 20:12   Link #8
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
It's downright sad to see how underappreciated this show is. This late in the game, with the climax right around the corner, and barely any posts on an episode thread of all things.
Old 2013-09-13, 20:23   Link #9
Dark Wing

It's sad but I think the series had lost a lot of viewer somewhere in the middle when things started to drag.

Also it didn't help that fans of the old series couldn't really get into it because of all the differences.
Old 2013-09-13, 20:32   Link #10
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It's downright sad to see how underappreciated this show is. This late in the game, with the climax right around the corner, and barely any posts on an episode thread of all things.
Amen, ditto, and various other exhalations. This show is a marvelous display of the talents behind it, and it deserves much better.
Old 2013-09-13, 21:02   Link #11
Uberchu

Spoiler for Pic:

Is it possible? Could this imply what I think it does? A season 4? I know the sales were poor, but a man can dream. Otherwise, it was a decent adaptation, but I don't recall Kira's body exploding and I'm annoyed they cut out Wound Jun pricking his fingers as he tries to make a rope out of vines.
Old 2013-09-13, 22:15   Link #12
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
It's sad but I think the series had lost a lot of viewer somewhere in the middle when things started to drag.

Also it didn't help that fans of the old series couldn't really get into it because of all the differences.
Maybe people got turned off because it's darker than the previous series?

I like this better than the first two seasons actually. Now, I just have to see Sugintou's OVA at some point.

*crosses fingers for JunxSaito

I guess they'll throw Berry in there at the last minute...
Old 2013-09-13, 22:33   Link #13
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
In regards to the episode it was definitely another strong one. Kirakishou's last moments were pretty sad, yet at the same time it's a bit hard to feel overly sorry for her. She was really messed up and it showed from beginning to end. Couldn't be allowed to have her way or else god knows how many people would have been turned into her fertilizer. Still, can certainly understand what a lonely existence she was. Never even given a body which completely screwed her up mentally.

I have to respect how Suigintou never loses focus on the prize . In the end this is the situation they are existing in and she wants that prize desperately. Maybe feels all the more pressured here since no matter how it happened Shinku is sitting on two Rosa Mysticas. Of course 'assuming' she gets back together alright. Being behind on the score to Shinku out of anyone would be all the more unsettling. Can certainly come off as a jerk, but everyone has their priorities.

Good save by Jun to get Souseiseki out of that spot. Situation probably won't last long, but long as the situation stands she is still his doll and he's not going to sit around anymore.

Anyways too bad the series has kind of lost attention. I think that first episode was just a bad move. Completely threw people off and the huge shift from insanely fast recap to the slow, but solid pace of this season probably shook a lot of people off.
Old 2013-09-14, 01:10   Link #14
Requiem-x
The slacking one

It is indeed sad this doesn't get more attention, though understandable, considering it deals with the slowest part of the entire manga, so people will definetly be upset. Oh well, their loss. I hope this motivates at least a few to pick up the manga.
Old 2013-09-14, 06:52   Link #15
abc0716

Kirakishou's 'death' reminds me a bit of Suigintou's 'death' on Nomad's season 1.

2 more episodes to come, wonder how the series will end.

According to the next episode previews, looks like everything (may just the status of Alice Game) will remain status quo, or those may just the flashback of the dolls / younger Jun...
Old 2013-09-14, 14:10   Link #16
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I'd definitely want to read the manga now...I'd have to look online to see if someone's translated it. I know Tokyopop used to publish this, but I don't think anyone else picked it up.
Old 2013-09-14, 18:49   Link #17
Witch of Uncertainty

Is the anime selling terrible?
As in no sequel terrible?
Old 2013-09-14, 19:20   Link #18
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Not sure but from the looks of it, the reviews are bad....

I thought Japanese otaku love the moe moe? Wasn't there some PM that was a fan of RZ at some point?
Old 2013-09-14, 20:50   Link #19
Uberchu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Not sure but from the looks of it, the reviews are bad....

I thought Japanese otaku love the moe moe? Wasn't there some PM that was a fan of RZ at some point?
Reviews from where? Amazon?
Old 2013-09-14, 20:58   Link #20
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Kirakishou's final scene in this episode was a great one. If she really is dead, that was certainly a very memorable way for her to go out. In spite of how creepy and twisted she is, this episode managed to make me feel very sorry for her. The way they showed her crying was just so poignant.
Yeah, that really surprised me and was my favorite part of the episode,never expected to feel so sorry for her, kudos to Chiba Chiemi for that performance.

And yes, 1st volume only sold 1,731 copies so there most likely won't be a new season.