AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Old 2007-03-24, 21:14   Link #101
Skane
Anime Snark

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Same here Martino, for i also like tear-jerking drama, but i like it to end in a good way... People these days are too into violence, I mean we are now expecting psycho girls in romance series....
But we never get their bad-end endings... That's the thing. Name me one anime based on a renai-game that had a psycho-ending. For you guys who like things to end in a good/safe way, you have it good.

Alas for us.
Old 2007-03-24, 21:42   Link #102
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
But we never get their bad-end endings... That's the thing. Name me one anime based on a renai-game that had a psycho-ending. For you guys who like things to end in a good/safe way, you have it good.

Alas for us.
Yeah, I feel the same. After all were always looking for fresh, original stuff, I think those everybody loves bad-endings should be given an oportunity... Come on, you all want too see what would happen if that were to get animated
Typical (but good) tear-jerking drama its ok anyways...
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 22:12   Link #103
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
/me will be happy just with tear-jerking drama and romance

There's romance, except it's all twisted
There's tear-jerking drama too, except the tear will be from fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
On a side note, one of the girls in the game, who obviously fascinated me, I seemed to have, for the life of me, forgotten her name. Sucks to be me
You leave Itaru alone!
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 01:04   Link #104
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
You leave Itaru alone!
I love Itaru, does that make me a bad person?
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 01:16   Link #105
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
You leave Itaru alone!
*Cough*

Paaafhueeeee~

Maybe he speaks of Otome.

To the question: Nami is the tomboy-looking type. Hikari is pigtails. Setsuna is the quiet one with short, black hair. Otome is the brunette with a ponytail.
Old 2007-03-25, 03:19   Link #106
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-25, 03:45   Link #107
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

I think they will probably go with the multi ending selling point, just like the game had.

higurashi is another anime with multiple endings, but I cant think of any other off the top of my head right now.

the thing about makoto is he normally is a cool guy. but then suddenly for whatever reason his personality changes to some compulsory perverted freak that cannot control himself. if you have read some of the summerdays game clips I am sure you know what I mean. sometimes he can be more fruity and wishy-washy than the girls.

setsuna is probably the only sane one in the whole series.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 04:19   Link #108
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Hm...they could go with the multiple endings, but i doubt they will. That sort of defeats the main thing in a romance/drama series, no ? Also, it will cheapen the impact of whatever ending they would be going for at the moment.

Quote:
And has the ending i am hoping they will go for Would also serve for a nice "twist", considering that the main competitors are Sekai and Kotonoha
Old 2007-03-25, 04:28   Link #109
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
I think they will probably go with the multi ending selling point, just like the game had.

higurashi is another anime with multiple endings, but I cant think of any other off the top of my head right now.
well, it is not quite the same.
Higurashi multiple stories was done on purpose to understand the common mystery, which can lead you to the truth or not, depending how far and well you can understand the hints. This kind of structure was unavoidable, since it is impossible to merge even 2 arcs, and this would also leave too much inconsistencies, and would remove the different aspect of theories etc.

on the other way, School Days appears to have the usual multiple ending part like any eroge would have.
as far as i can think of it, i didn't see any anime with the same treatment as higurashi, since the usual romance end with multiple possibilities depends of the player's choices/tastes.
while all of the ends are canon, only 1 is sufficent to display the whole picture (though, some anime, like Kanon, have to merge the different possibilities so it gives the best amount of character insights)

thus, except if an anime is using the same "complmentary arc system for a common plot" of higurashi, you won't see separate arcs with their own start and end any time soon... but they will probably merge some part of Kotonoha and sekai route, and will choose 1 of the girls available. (or maybe a threesome? )

but anyway, since makoto is jumping from one girl to another, there shouldn't be any problem to merge the arcs, the only problem will be the end...
either way, threesome, a third contestant (setsuna?), no girl, psychotic end .
i would say... third contestant, and duo psychotic girls chasing makoto
Quote:
the thing about makoto is he normally is a cool guy. but then suddenly for whatever reason his personality changes to some compulsory perverted freak that cannot control himself. if you have read some of the summerdays game clips I am sure you know what I mean. sometimes he can be more fruity and wishy-washy than the girls.

well, makoto isn't supposed to be different, because summer days isn't a true prequel? it appears to be more like a parallel universe/spin off
or the context is really different, preventing him to be a jerk like this?
Old 2007-03-25, 05:57   Link #110
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Thats why i call you lolitron

I see Kotonoha as more reserve and has a more traditional upbring compare to Seikai who is more outgoing (not slutty) and modern.
Hey Jello

I knew you meant outgoing, not slutty XD

Outgoing isn't so bad, see if I were going out with her I'd make sure I always have some sort of divine wind and enjoy the constant pantsu shots

Ok I'm crazy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
To the question: Nami is the tomboy-looking type. Hikari is pigtails. Setsuna is the quiet one with short, black hair. Otome is the brunette with a ponytail.
Why thank you.....but I won't say which one it is, should she appear in the series then I shall make my proposal to her- I mean I shall reveal which one it is I have my eyeballs set on...

Eyeballs? That sounds so wrong....sure I have my eyes on her....but my balls?
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 06:02   Link #111
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ Given your infamous nickname (that is more commonly known than your user name no doubt ), i would guess your favorite would be the most loli-looking

Hikari ?
Old 2007-03-25, 06:10   Link #112
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
There's romance, except it's all twisted
There's tear-jerking drama too, except the tear will be from fear.
Don't worry...I've seen the famous gifs and some footage from the game...
Old 2007-03-25, 14:23   Link #113
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
The endings for Higurashi are different compared to the ones in School Days. Seeing as though its split more into arcs, where as School Days as good & bad endings.
Old 2007-03-25, 15:49   Link #114
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
yea higurashi has more of a "everyone looses" end to everything (bar one) while this has a whole range of options to pick from...with so many scenarios to pick from i wonder how the writers are gonna choose ~ flipping a coin?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 15:57   Link #115
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ that should be one hell of a coin if it helps to choose between a handful of possible endings

Either way - this is going to be good. A not-so-cute-and-cuddly harem anime
Old 2007-03-25, 17:27   Link #116
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 22:47   Link #117
DanielSong39

Still predicting a Sekai ending with lots of wavering, cheating, and melodrama in between - and there's a good chance that the bonfire scene will be in there somewhere. Setsuna will probably play a prominent role as Sekai's friend and perhaps one of the girls Makoto cheats with.

I also think they should ship out the "Wife" ending from this game and use it to end Summer Days - if they decide to do an anime conversion of it.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 18:19   Link #118
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
^ Given your infamous nickname (that is more commonly known than your user name no doubt ), i would guess your favorite would be the most loli-looking

Hikari ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cease and Desist Letter to Skyfall

30-03-2007
01:19 GMT +2

Plaintiff: mangatron & Associates
Defendant: Skyfall

This is a Cease & Desist Letter to Skyfall concerning the recent outburts towards the Plaintiff (here on known as mangatron), concerning allegations of the mangatron's liking towards an unspecified girl. These alledged remarks are damaging towards the mangatron and further fuels the 'lolitron' nickname applied to the mangatron. This Letter notifies the Defendant (here on known as Skyfall) to refrain from these remarks, and to disparage any future remarks of this kind. Skyfall may pay the mangatron an unspecified sum for any damages incurred through these profound allegations. Skyfall may also be held responsible should any more of these allegations arise, unless the necessary arrangements are made to discredit these alledged allegations.

The Court has decided. The People have voiced. The gravel has pounded. The Jury have spoken. This they command.

Signed by Lord Judge D. Redd

Sealed by your honor.

Ok, I admit I have studied Law before, so slap me

Anyways, I feel very invigorated! I feel like somebody forcefully injected steroids into me! In fact, my insanity has reached new levels! So, I present some pictures to begin my marketing campaign for School Days!

First off, the picture everyone has been waiting for. The picture that may start a revolution. The picture that may start a war, but whatever the result may be, this may be the image that will make or break the mangatron!
Warning: the following image is very controversial, so important that you must, MUST not say anything! The people depend on you! The fate of the world relies on you keeping mum about the mangatron!

Spoiler for the end of mangatron's life. lol.:

Ok, I surrender! \/

I admit, when School Days first came out I liked ___. Sure that was years ago when I was a bee bit younger (though that still wouldn't have mattered lol), but still, that's no excuse to call me 'lolitron'! ___ is a young girl, younger than me sure like who isn't lol, but I accept her as that and that only, nothing deeper than that!

(dmn you guys are ruining everything! lol)

I think I'm going to go and really hide now lol....

Ah wait, always more. Now why would I forget about the Jello. Here you go Jello, an image just for you!
Spoiler for the Jello only!:

Yiiiaaar! Now I am fully fueled and rearing to go! I am mangatron, anime humor and living controversy

The start of mangatron's marketing campaign for School Days.

And no asking on where I got these images from! I say no asking because you know I will give it to you! I can't help helping others, I swear the doctor must've injected truth serum into me before I was born lol...

Last edited by mangatron; 2007-03-30 at 18:36. Reason: Bloody dead link and a bleeding typo lol.....
Old 2007-03-30, 18:27   Link #119
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

You know mangatron, i never worked out why you're so insane on animesuki, though pretty normal on your blog. Its the animesuki members... isn't it? :3

Anyway, has anyone got a School Days avatar for me to use? ^__^
Old 2007-03-30, 18:35   Link #120
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You know mangatron, i never worked out why you're so insane on animesuki, though pretty normal on your blog. Its the animesuki members... isn't it? :3

Anyway, has anyone got a School Days avatar for me to use? ^__^
Aha, you didn't call me lolitron! Cheers to you

And...my blog seems lonely lol. On irc, here at the forums, pretty much everywhere else I am crazy. Amazing what people say to each other lol...

So, what character you specifically looking for an avatar? Don't tell me it's ____. She's mine!

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ecchi, harem, romance, tnk, yandere