AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-29, 05:19   Link #161
Zennifa
*insert cool title here*

I haven't been around on the forums for awhile now buuut I just wanted to stop on by and make a post in here I've just finished watching up to the 3rd ova of this series and I really like it. I see some similarities to other series (shows?) as well but also a lot of differences & I like how this one is more about feelings and whatnot than being showy for the audience. Anyway I guess that's enough random rambling from me for now. Oh except to say I really love some of the art I've seen around of this also, there are some really pretty things <333

Oh and I let myself get off the original topic of this thread by reading everyone's posts in here lol...sorry! I really think the relationships are quite romantic....I mean, they're also the admiration and looking up to an older girl and all that....but yeah, some seem much more romantically inclined than others to me, but as a few other people have pointed out in here already, like with Sachiko & Yumi getting jealous and seeming to want to keep each other for themselves, well friends can be like that too but, mostly if they like the other as more than just friends (imo), I wouldn't feel like that about most of my regular friends unless I liked them in *that way* ;D.
Old 2007-12-10, 20:56   Link #162
Zatoichi8820XX

Ok what was the phrase that Sei said about Sakura trees and relationships.
Old 2007-12-31, 05:48   Link #163
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand

Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
Well, just to share.. Some thoughts I had about Shimako a few weeks ago:

As we can see, when Shimako was going on a trip to Italy, Noriko called her.. And she was very happy to receive a phone call from her, not to mention, Noriko saying goodbye..

Like Sei, I think Shimako is pretty much a loner.. She doesn't stick much with anybody, she's not as close to Yumi or Yoshino than Yumi and Yoshino are to themselves, and she even told Yumi she eats at the back of the school, looking at the Ginko trees.

When we look back, we know the Shimako has volunteered fixing the roses in the Lilian Academy.. Maybe she chose it because she didn't want bothering anyone and, as she said to Sei when Youko invited her to the Yamayurikai, is that she could at least be useful, even though her efforts are not praised.. (well, to be honest, I think no one even notices the roses she fixes)

Like Sei, she just pretty much don't know what to do and is unattached to the world.. Noriko came and she started feeling someone cares about her.. And, that probably, she exist into someone's mind..

Maybe, it was also her drive why she wanted to be a nun.. And she may be afraid that sooner or later, the people around her may not be with her as she goes on dedicating her life to God.. Shimako, the ever lonely person.

Spoiler for Do not blame me if you opened it =P:
Old 2008-02-09, 01:36   Link #164
loli-shota boy

Marimite is not really Yuri I think.

I can say that because there are so many evidence that some of the girls DO LIKE BOYS.

Sachiko is one of the example, she was engaged with her cousin. She loves him, but because of her cousin doesn't love her back, Sachiko becomes sad and give her love to her petite seourFukuzawa Yumi

For Sei and Shiori, well it's quite difficult to describe. One side they do have a very deep relationship like 'girlfriend'. But if you watch the Marimite episode "Shiroki Hanabira" it's obvious that Shirori can't give Sei love which Sei wants. Shiori wants to be a nun, it's impossible for a nun to love a person who has the same gender as she is.

But the Main Love in this series is Sisterly Love, it's obvious. I like that because I don't have siste to give me love
Old 2008-03-14, 19:35   Link #165
Reihn
Yuri Vision Activate!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Reihn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post

Spoiler for Do not blame me if you opened it =P:

OMFG. No wai!

How, when, where?!!!!

Excuses for suddenly exclaiming my outrage and shock in this calm thread.
Old 2008-03-16, 04:53   Link #166
crazyhorse
Procrastinator

^Seconded!!!

Seriously, where can I get this info!?

Heh sorry I haven't exactly followed any anime series lately much less Marimite, so I'm a bit behind...
Old 2008-03-25, 10:00   Link #167
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by loli-shota boy View Post

Sachiko is one of the example, she was engaged with her cousin. She loves him, but because of her cousin doesn't love her back, Sachiko becomes sad and give her love to her petite seourFukuzawa Yumi
Its been a while since iv been here i miss this forum. So i guess we have about 4 months before the new seasons starts.

Loli-Shouta boy brings up a good point about the Sachiko's engagement to her cousin and her feelings for Yumi. Yes Sachiko admitted that she does love him but he does not love her back. That was way back in season 1 and we never heard anything else about it. Given how the men in Sachiko's family act he will be no different. He will be expected to produce an heir for the family (btw good luck getting her bed) then after that im sure he will have a mistress or mistresses just like Sachikos father and grandfather. Iv felt for a long time now that Sachiko's and Yumi's relationship was going beyond that of Souers. Also, when Yuki asked Yumi what kind of guy she liked she basically described Sachiko. Given Sachiko's history with men and her closeness with Yumi id say their relationship is heading towards a romantic one. There is really no way Sachiko is going to have a good or traditional marriage Kashiwagi. I mean how he flirts with Yumi he pays more attention to Yumi than Sachiko.
Old 2008-03-28, 19:00   Link #168
maximilianjenus
[E]

Yumi looks just like Yuuki, so he might be flirting with her as a means to compensate.
More toughts on the romance:
sei is in love with yumi: what are your toughts on this, i think of it as something very probable judgign by comments on how sei changed once she got to know yumi, sei wanting to receive a kiss from her as well as all the sexual harassment.
[EDIT]
oh, and going by the a broader definition of yuri ( i refuse to use the term shoujo-ai as it implies pedophilia), not all same sex relationships end up being accepted or being noticed.

Last edited by maximilianjenus; 2008-03-28 at 19:02. Reason: adding more comments
Old 2008-03-29, 00:41   Link #169
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Yes Sachiko admitted that she does love him but he does not love her back.
In the novels they go into greater detail on the relationship between Sachiko and Kashiwagi and the exact reasons for Sachiko's unhappiness with the arrangements.

Quote:
He will be expected to produce an heir for the family (btw good luck getting her bed) then after that im sure he will have a mistress or mistresses just like Sachikos father and grandfather.
Spoiler for Explination of Kashiwagi:

Quote:
Given Sachiko's history with men and her closeness with Yumi id say their relationship is heading towards a romantic one.
If by romantic you mean sexual, I think that the authors will continue to leave that open to viewer interperetation. I could easily still see their relationshi going either way, lovers or best friends for life. However, as far as I know there is nothing in any of the anime or novels yet that explicitly indicates they are going that way. On the other hand, I think their relationship is already pretty romantic (in a so far platonic way). The jealosy, the longing, the tender moments. To me, all that is romance, whether they ever do more than hold hands or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
sei is in love with yumi: what are your toughts on this, i think of it as something very probable judgign by comments on how sei changed once she got to know yumi, sei wanting to receive a kiss from her as well as all the sexual harassment.
I feel that Sei loves Yumi, but I don't think she is in love with her. I see her relationship with Yumi more as an older sister, always trying to help Yumi, but liking to tease her a bit along the way. Its true Sei may have changed a bit after meeting Yumi, but the same could be said for Sachiko, Touko, and a number of the other girls. That is part of the story, Yumi's often subtle influence on those around her.

Last edited by mdauben; 2008-03-29 at 01:03.
Old 2008-03-29, 11:22   Link #170
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
In the novels they go into greater detail on the relationship between Sachiko and Kashiwagi and the exact reasons for Sachiko's unhappiness with the arrangements.

Spoiler for Explination of Kashiwagi:

If by romantic you mean sexual, I think that the authors will continue to leave that open to viewer interperetation. I could easily still see their relationshi going either way, lovers or best friends for life. However, as far as I know there is nothing in any of the anime or novels yet that explicitly indicates they are going that way. On the other hand, I think their relationship is already pretty romantic (in a so far platonic way). The jealosy, the longing, the tender moments. To me, all that is romance, whether they ever do more than hold hands or not.

I feel that Sei loves Yumi, but I don't think she is in love with her. I see her relationship with Yumi more as an older sister, always trying to help Yumi, but liking to tease her a bit along the way. Its true Sei may have changed a bit after meeting Yumi, but the same could be said for Sachiko, Touko, and a number of the other girls. That is part of the story, Yumi's often subtle influence on those around her.
Thanks for the break down i got curious a while back and decided to dig up some info on the novels and WOW the things that happen only made me love the series even more.

As for Kashiwagi

Spoiler for Novel Spoilers:

I agree with you about Yumi and Sachikos relationship i was not talking about physical or sexual just romantic in general. I highly doubt that we will ever get any type of sexual activity about these too. But i feel best friends and somewhat lovers in the future is a high possibility there is no doubt they will be in each others lives from here on out. But i do get the feeling that their feelings have advanced to the point where its way past platonic, i feel they are truly on the road to true love in a relationship sense. I dont think we will ever see such a thing but i expect it to be hinted if they do some type of after story. It will be very interesting to see how it ends. I dont think they can fit all the material from novels in season 4. I dont know even know if they will be able to get Yumi's souer problems.
Old 2008-03-30, 19:57   Link #171
mdauben

Quote:
As for Kashiwagi
Yes, I had read about what your posted in your spoiler, but didn't want to even mention it since it involved events far beyond the current anime timeline. I do agree that I was happy to find that out, though.

Quote:
I agree with you about Yumi and Sachikos relationship i was not talking about physical or sexual just romantic in general.
I see what you mean, and like I said I find the Sachiko x Yumi relationship to be very romantic, even though I am one of those who don't see it necessarily progressing to eventual physical relations. Still, I think we are on the same page, in that I see sex and romance as two separate things, and one can easily exist without the other.

Quote:
It will be very interesting to see how it ends. I dont think they can fit all the material from novels in season 4.
I'm not intimatly familiar with the remaining novel material, so I don't know if it could be covered in a single season or not, but even if it could I don't think the novel storyline is near over yet.

Quote:
I dont know even know if they will be able to get Yumi's souer problems.
The little we know about the next season seems to hint that it will feature Yumi's relationship with Touko, so whether Yumi does choose her souer or not I expect the events leading up to her eventual choosing to be a major element of the storyline.
Old 2008-03-31, 11:09   Link #172
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Yes, I had read about what your posted in your spoiler, but didn't want to even mention it since it involved events far beyond the current anime timeline. I do agree that I was happy to find that out, though.

I see what you mean, and like I said I find the Sachiko x Yumi relationship to be very romantic, even though I am one of those who don't see it necessarily progressing to eventual physical relations. Still, I think we are on the same page, in that I see sex and romance as two separate things, and one can easily exist without the other.

I'm not intimatly familiar with the remaining novel material, so I don't know if it could be covered in a single season or not, but even if it could I don't think the novel storyline is near over yet.

The little we know about the next season seems to hint that it will feature Yumi's relationship with Touko, so whether Yumi does choose her souer or not I expect the events leading up to her eventual choosing to be a major element of the storyline.
All very true indeed On top of Yumi's souer situation i believe we will also get to see how Yumi deals with Sachiko getting ready to graduate along with Yoshino dealing with Rei's graduation the time to watch the petite souers say good bye to their Onee-Samas is upon us once again, so i expect a lot of situations to be emotional and a good amount of one on one talks between certain characters. Im very excited to see Yumi and Touko get some good screen time, Iv always liked her especially how her and Yumi war their hair in the same fashion (foreshadowing?)

The novels are quite a bit ahead but not horribly so its just that there is a lot of material they cant fit it all into season 4 without cutting somethings which would be shame and im not so sure how popular it will be to get another set of OVA's to finish up after season 4. Either way i am looking forward to it especially since its going to be a tv series i get my dose every week.
Old 2008-03-31, 13:26   Link #173
maximilianjenus
[E]

I think that even if there are a lot of ingredients for a very romantic relationship happening between certains characters, the fact that several of them are female will stop most of them to happen. if yoshino and rei were male and female they would already had plans for/be married, but since they are both female that might be the only thing stopping them. same for a lot of toher pairings.
Old 2008-03-31, 23:04   Link #174
mdauben

Quote:
All very true indeed On top of Yumi's souer situation i believe we will also get to see how Yumi deals with Sachiko getting ready to graduate along with Yoshino dealing with Rei's graduation the time to watch the petite souers say good bye to their Onee-Samas is upon us once again, so i expect a lot of situations to be emotional and a good amount of one on one talks between certain characters.
Yes, all that will be interesting to see. Now, I don't see the relationship between Yoshino and Rei changing a huge amount when Rei graduates. After all, they are still cousins and next door neighboors. Even if they are not going to school together anymore, they can still see each other every day and interact almost as much.

Its Yumi and Sachiko that are going to suffer the most. Unless Sachiko decides to go to Lillian College (like Sei), there is no way that she and Yumi will be able to see either other every day, and that's going to be hard on Yumi (and Sachiko for that matter). Remember what Yumi's brother said about her school life revolving around Sachiko, though? It may be the chance for Yumi to grow up a bit and become more independent, and cutivate her own "Onee-sama" side with her own petite sœur .
Old 2008-04-01, 08:39   Link #175
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Yes, all that will be interesting to see. Now, I don't see the relationship between Yoshino and Rei changing a huge amount when Rei graduates. After all, they are still cousins and next door neighboors. Even if they are not going to school together anymore, they can still see each other every day and interact almost as much.

Its Yumi and Sachiko that are going to suffer the most. Unless Sachiko decides to go to Lillian College (like Sei), there is no way that she and Yumi will be able to see either other every day, and that's going to be hard on Yumi (and Sachiko for that matter). Remember what Yumi's brother said about her school life revolving around Sachiko, though? It may be the chance for Yumi to grow up a bit and become more independent, and cutivate her own "Onee-sama" side with her own petite sœur .
Spoiler for Reply for mdauben/Warning Novel Spoilers.:
Old 2008-04-06, 20:46   Link #176
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

I kind of find it impossible to consider any of these relationships, because nothing ever happens. The whole theme is that they can't do anything because Maria Sama is watching them, right? Maybe rewatching to refresh my memory wouldn't hurt...
Old 2008-04-08, 10:07   Link #177
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazakura View Post
I kind of find it impossible to consider any of these relationships, because nothing ever happens. The whole theme is that they can't do anything because Maria Sama is watching them, right? Maybe rewatching to refresh my memory wouldn't hurt...
Thats not exactly true go back and take another look, it is part of theme but not really the main focus of the series.
Old 2008-06-25, 03:16   Link #178
shahrulitt
boredsome

Send a message via MSN to shahrulitt Send a message via Yahoo to shahrulitt
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney72 View Post
in OVA 2? i thought yumi was talking about sachiko... yuki ask her to stop coz all the qualities that shes looking for is like sachiko's..
maybe some translation will help..

Yuuki counters with, "what about you?"

"Me?" She's at a loss. In her entire life she had never seriously considered her ideal type of man. She "super expresses" what her type might be. Good looking. Smart. The kind of person who a first glance really captures and you feel warm from it. Someoone who is fastidious...

Yuuki says, "Okay, that's enough."

Yuuki stops her from counting off qualities on her fingers.

"Because that's Sachiko you're describing."

lol... yumi you are so denial... too naive to realise she soo gay for sachiko..
Old 2008-11-13, 15:53   Link #179
Reihn
Yuri Vision Activate!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Reihn
I'm looking forward to the 4th season of Marimite. I'd be sad if Sachiko and Yumi's relationship won't develop into a romantic one though. Since I've been a fan of this couple ever since I was 14... And I'm 18 now. ^^; So yeah.
Old 2008-11-17, 17:51   Link #180
Oxtail

The author is really trying to blur the lines between sisterly love and romance. I can see the motivation to keep the romance "pure" as that's part of the allure of this show, but at the end of the day if Yumi and Sachiko don't cross that line even a tiny bit(come on, just give them one kiss or something), there's a bit of a let down. Instead of watching a beautiful romance, we end up having watched an incredibly dysfunctional relationship between 2 straight girls.
Closed Thread