AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-24, 11:08   Link #2481
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

I think they picked a good cliffhanger for 78. Hopefully they can fit the whole transformation next episode, but if I recall it's an epically long scene.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 12:07   Link #2482
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
but if I recall it's an epically long scene.
Well it was in Z.
Old 2010-10-24, 15:44   Link #2483
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
I think they picked a good cliffhanger for 78.
I totally disagree. Kuririn's pathetic lust for No. 18 isn't the tragic dilemma they're trying to make it look like at all and not a worthy cliffhanger in the least bit. Not to mention he already dropped the controller thing anyway, so it's obvious he's already given up on destroying her. But w/e, it's not like cliffhangers are that important.

Episode was cool, but a little dragged out. Next week should be much better, especially with Trunks finally standing up to Vegeta's asshatery after all the abuse he's taken.

Also, I'm pretty sure he won't see Perfect Cell next week.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 15:46   Link #2484
ChronoReverse

Watching Goku and Gohan training makes me sort of sad how much Gohan drops the ball after Goku's gone. Gohan had so much more intensity and will before he was left with only Chichi =/
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 15:48   Link #2485
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Watching Goku and Gohan training makes me sort of sad how much Gohan drops the ball after Goku's gone. Gohan had so much more intensity and will before he was left with only Chichi =/
I know that pert was so messed up
Old 2010-10-24, 15:59   Link #2486
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Gohan gets buffed up by Namakian elder and old Kai. Psh, who needs training anyway? lol, the strongest man in the DBZ universe doesn't think he does.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 16:09   Link #2487
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Also, I'm pretty sure he won't see Perfect Cell next week.
I think we will, i mean there's really not a lot of material to cover before it happens.
Old 2010-10-24, 16:31   Link #2488
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
I just watched the last 5 episodes yesterday, 73-77. Marathoning through short chunks of episodes is so much fun.
If I had the willpower to not watch every DB Kai episode the very second I see it released, then that's probably how I'd go about it too.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 07:11   Link #2489
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
At least it's consistent with Trunks' future. Gohan couldn't do much against the Androids without Goku's training, so it makes sense he doesn't improve when Goku is gone in the main timeline. Seems Gohan is the strongest character but the half-Saiyans tend to have less knack for training on their own.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 08:36   Link #2490
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
At least it's consistent with Trunks' future. Gohan couldn't do much against the Androids without Goku's training, so it makes sense he doesn't improve when Goku is gone in the main timeline. Seems Gohan is the strongest character but the half-Saiyans tend to have less knack for training on their own.
Well it's kind of understandable. I mean it's a lot easier to train when it's peaceful than when people are getting massacred all over the place. Probably wanted to help people when he could even if it would make more sense to seclude himself somewhere and just train intensely for however long it took. Though plenty of weird things going on in that universe. You'd think Goku would be willing via King Kai to mention the time chamber. Even alone Gohan should have been able to boost himself up enough to take down the androids considering they are weaker than the ones in this timeline. Though maybe can attribute things to the different timelines. Maybe there was no time chamber and Gohan didn't have the same potential he has here?

Anyways it seems like Vegeta really did train too much. If he was just barely stronger than this Cell then he probably wouldn't be stupid enough to consider this proposition. Instead he's getting bored with how easy it is and wants more of a challenge. This is why Goku should have gone first. Even though Goku would probably want a good fight like Vegeta he likely wouldn't let someone be absorbed to have it.
Old 2010-10-25, 08:47   Link #2491
Peanutbutter

And ep 78 is so slow it bores me. I'm glad I never watched the original DBZ.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 02:30   Link #2492
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/10/...f-dragon-ball/

I smell a storm coming.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 03:00   Link #2493
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Maybe if that site had some credibility. Otherwise, I doubt it.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 07:01   Link #2494
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I can't find the news elsewhere so I'm inclined to agree. But if he ever were to do a short sequel to the main series it would be now with DBO launching in Asia, and interest revived by DBKai.
Old 2010-10-27, 02:51   Link #2495
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

In any case, the new saga will have to ignore the fact DBGT has EVER existed in the first place for the story to be good or make sense.

This is not helped by the fact that a HUGE portion of DBZ games that has kept the franchise alive for the last 10 years has DBGT charaters in them and has a substantial fanbase, which WILL lead to certain fans whining "what happened to the GT storyline!!"

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2010-10-27 at 15:44.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 12:02   Link #2496
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
In any case, the new saga will have to ignore the fact DBGT has EVER existed in the first place for the story to be good or make sense.

This is not helped by the fact that a HUGE portion of DBZ games that has kep the franchise alive for the last 10 years has DBGT charaters in them and has a substantial fanbase, which WILL lead to certain fans whining "what happened to the GT storyline!!"
Toriyama is already completely ignoring GT in Dragonball Online. I don't think he would ever factor it in.
Old 2010-10-31, 07:35   Link #2497
Peanutbutter

Spoiler for Ep 79:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 09:26   Link #2498
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Episode 80 Cell turns perfect. It will take at LEAST another 5 episodes before The Cell Games End, Trunks goes back to clean the future up, and Gohan goes to high school.

Unforutnately, it looks like Toei is not going to be able to keep its promise of keeping Kai under 100 Episodes. There is NO way you can finish the lead-up to to the Strongest-Under-The-Heaven tournament, finish the Buu saga AND have Goku fly into the sunset 10 years later in a mere 15 episodes.
Old 2010-10-31, 09:37   Link #2499
Kallen4life

uhm .. as overly slow as the original was, there is NO WAY to fit DBZ (with full Buu arc) in under 100 episodes, even throwing away all filler .. it can not be done, period .. or it would be far too fast or skipping manga material

and when did they say they wanted that ?

initially I thought it was Freeza only saga in ~50ish episodes
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold

Last edited by Kallen4life; 2010-10-31 at 09:52.
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 09:43   Link #2500
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
it looks like Toei is not going to be able to keep its promise of keeping Kai under 100 Episodes.
Toei never promised that. It was always just a rumour.