AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-07, 04:56   Link #3041
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Imo Jayce was just being played very well. Opting to skill E first for speed and a strong 1-hit counter while building AS to chase down with red buff/accelerator was something I'd never really go for, but it worked out great for the solo laners. If you notice, most of his damage comes from actually chaining nearly all of his skills (usually missing out the thunder aura), it's quite hard to set it up though.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 05:00   Link #3042
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Imo Jayce is like nidalee 2.0, his kit is just too good to be ignored. Btw the game with TSM and azubu frost, TSM can't even engage into a team fight XD that acceleration gate and those poke comp. That lux was played very well, like you won't see that in a normal game XD
Old 2012-10-07, 05:00   Link #3043
Kreceir

To be fair I don't want Jayce and Orianna Nerfed cause I think they are already fine as it is.
They already nerfed Jayce (Minor one) 2 weeks after his release.
And they only buffed Orianna slighty.
Making her command: attack have a slighty lower Cooldown but with that they lowered her damage as well.
Old 2012-10-07, 05:30   Link #3044
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Orianna is fine as she is, it takes a lot of skill to actually pull all the crazy stunts you see in the world championship and these guys have played all kinds of comps over and over. Her ultimate has a decent cast animation for what it's worth, the range on her dissonance is restrictive enough to require precision pokes with command and command costs enough mana to force all the catalysts and grails that have become so mainstream. Protect is OP but at least there's a range limit on how far the ball can get carried...
Old 2012-10-07, 05:36   Link #3045
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Jayce imo just have too many things for him, an acceleration gate that boost the speed of the entire team, a leap gap closer, a knockback that do massive damage, attack speed boost, a long range poke, a range attack in cannon stance, as well as a sweet passive that allow him to gain 40 ms and ignore collision. Even though each of those isn't as good as the other's champ, his utility is just too great to be ignored.
Old 2012-10-07, 06:08   Link #3046
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Don't forget about his hammer def/MR boost and extra dmg on hit from R, the mana per hit from hammer W, the slow on his dash and the absurd way accel gate works; even if his shot is about to burst as it passes through the gate, it will always travel another...500-600 units? Effectively making it a 1000+ unit poke. Still, it's cooldown heavy and requires proper positioning.
Old 2012-10-07, 07:55   Link #3047
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Jayce imo just have too many things for him, an acceleration gate that boost the speed of the entire team, a leap gap closer, a knockback that do massive damage, attack speed boost, a long range poke, a range attack in cannon stance, as well as a sweet passive that allow him to gain 40 ms and ignore collision. Even though each of those isn't as good as the other's champ, his utility is just too great to be ignored.
The only thing jayce needs to lose is the knock-back into an actual CC(slow, stun, knock-up) because as it stands it gives him way too much disengage power when combined with gate and passive switch speed especially from jungler ganks, imo.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 08:31   Link #3048
Witch of Uncertainty

I'll just leave this here: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...inimap_during/
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 11:02   Link #3049
Cream

They arent going to say "Azubu dq'd" or "Redo the match". They're already behind schedule lol
If anything they're going to take this as a learning experience and make sure that setup won't happen again. Oh well.

There was also a thread on WE looking at the minimap during the stream you can see one of the members look over at it.

I just hope TSM fanboys won't go crazy over this situation lol.

Regi's response to the thread:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhDfMm58Xwg
Old 2012-10-07, 11:35   Link #3050
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

What the,,,

This on top of the tech issues...

Man, when Azubu rock up in the semis, that crowd could be mega hostile. Hmm...Reginald was very professional/polite in his vid speaking about the Game 1 incident. But yeah, this does put a taint on the event now, which is a major shame. Have to say, I now feel an urge for whoever wins the CLG v WE finish to take out Azubu. Until I saw this, I thought an M5 v Azubu match would be nice, but...accidents happen but..that is just too darn suspect. NO ONE would ever expect a 5 waiting at top for the warder. I haven't seen it done. Mid or bot, yes - but not top.

Weren't Azubu the team that complained about the glare at some point in another match? That incident had me confused since no other team complained at any point about that.

Lessons to be learned - don't hold the event outdoors and put the screen and viewers somewhere where the players can't see them. It's how it happens in Australia. Seriously hope the rumour we get a team for 2013 is true. PAX going overseas for the first time to Melbourne next year is an indicator it could be true.

Now hoping for an M5 v CLG.eu final.
Old 2012-10-07, 11:56   Link #3051
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Now hoping for an M5 v CLG.eu final.
Seconded. Most aggressive team vs most passive team, should be fun to watch.
Quote:
I'll just leave this here
Should have done something about it. I think that some players have honed their intuition to know who does what, when and where (as shown by Diamond on Lee Sin), but this was at the very beginning of the match, against a team they hadn't played before, while that team was straying from the norm. And that red ping at the very beginning

Quote:
Lessons to be learned
1. Make sure you can support the damn stream
2. Big events need to be done indoors; one light rain could mean the end of it all.
3. Make sure the Kog'maw cannon has enough T-shirts for everyone!
Old 2012-10-07, 12:04   Link #3052
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

^
It was the exact same match that they complained about the sun. In the following break when the sunscreens were put up is the moment where this incident happened.

Anyway, the sad thing, no matter what, Riot won't dare to disqualify the Azubu team since Azubu is their main sponsor for the Korean tournaments.

I also don't think you can shrug this off with a simple "lessons learned" truism. This is the freaking S2 finals with a buttload of money on the line - you shouldn't learn your lessons during such an important tournament, you should've learned them FOR this tournament. Sun blinding, inet issues (maybe out of their hands), minimap visible for the players but also no soundproof booths.

These things mustn't happen in the finals of such scale.

edit: found this cap in the same reddit thread: http://i.imgur.com/dZ592.jpg

... so WE did it as well?
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 12:41   Link #3053
Cream

To think Riot were the people talking about making e-sports extremely professional, this is not looking good.
Old 2012-10-07, 13:01   Link #3054
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Tiza looks blind...I just hope the next matches are clean. If they're not, DQ conditions exist for a reason.

@ v: Snoopeh stare right into the depths of your soooooul! TBH he got owned in game 1, but he adapted pretty damn well afterwards.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2012-10-07 at 13:48.
Old 2012-10-07, 13:34   Link #3055
killer3000ad

Despite how yesterday turned out there was some impressive plays here and there. Makes it even worse that the match was remade.

Dat stare!
Old 2012-10-07, 15:34   Link #3056
Cream

Thoughts on TSM Nyjacky? If i was jacky it wouldn't be a bad idea. He could get away from saint always yelling at him/westrice doing awful top lane and jacky has always hard-carried CRS. CRS already has Salce and Salce has proven to be a solid ap mid before(He was dominating back in his EPIK days) and now that hes done with highschool he has time to be in the curse gaming mansion etc.

Apparently regi asked him before worlds and he said he'd consider it.
Old 2012-10-07, 15:58   Link #3057
Kreceir

I'm getting quite a headache just looking at the Forums.
People only blaming the Asian's.
Not the team but whole bloody race in a few threads.
I never knew we had that many *racist* in the LoL forums...
Yes it sounds kinda exaggerated but just looking at that forums just boggles my mind.
Old 2012-10-07, 16:02   Link #3058
killer3000ad

I know man. It's hilarious, especially one thread where some guy posted an article about Chinese college entrants lying on their transcripts and recommendations and using that to prove that the Asian teams cheated at the playoffs and how it's an 'Asian thing' as they would rather cheat than lose face.

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2012-10-07 at 16:14.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 16:09   Link #3059
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Thoughts on TSM Nyjacky?
He'd be a good replacement, I like his style and think he'd blend well with the team.
Quote:
People only blaming the Asian's.
Not the team but whole bloody race in a few threads.
Thanks for reminding me why I don't visit the official LoL forums
Old 2012-10-07, 16:50   Link #3060
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I'd say, keep trying for another day or two...if you see yourself just jumping up and down 1200~1300, it's probably going to stay the same
Well I hit 1322 today(then fell to 1302), but I think I should be able to get 1400s easily with how people play in this ELO still, so just matter of more matches.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol