AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-10, 09:11   Link #801
shalala

Still I wonder how well would the Leam generals go up against Kou generals. Given that 2 of the Kou Generals have ,more then 2 Djinns plus they have 4 other Djinn users and for the time being 100 household users.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 09:13   Link #802
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The translation regarding the half-Fanalis statement from Muron is a little strange....

The first line made it sound like Mu and herself was 'accepted' into the Alexius family externally ( adoption, etc) , and yet the 2nd line implies that they were born into the Alexius family, born of a Laem and a Fanalis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Also if Mor grows up to be like Muron
There's a better chance of that than not.

Mainly due to the modestly small bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I had a thought, what would "Dumbledore's" stance be on those people who learned Magoi manipulation? Would he see them as a challenge to his beliefs that only Magicians can know how to use Magoi?
I don't think he'd count them. Not to mention so far, magoi manipulation shows manipulation of magoi kinda like a pure energy, while magic involved literal transmutation and transformation of magic into different forms of power.

Not that he'd care anyway.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 09:30   Link #803
Pacify

Hmmn one Fanalis was OP enough, but a whole mini army of them, now that just unfair!

What a silly war, why dont they realise that the Kou are the real enemies
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 10:14   Link #804
hilly
hilly

Ok,I am making a theory of the world of Magi until now..

I believe the Dungeon will be only 72 in total,in accordance of the King Solomon 's 72 demon=Djinns.
The dungeons are portal to other planet,which is the Alma Toran,the older world of the Toran people and Aladdin's birthplace..Which I thought at first..
But then when Morganna go to the Great Rift and meet the third magi,Yunan,i changed my mind.Maybe the other side of the Great Rift is where all the Dungeon reside,and the Fanalis live peacefully in there?

When Alma Toran had meet its destruction and almost destroy the world,King Solomon, Magi or someone powerful had put a halt and split the world with the Great Rift..
The evidence is:
-Sindria,which had a tropical climate as the island are on the most southern side of the world.
-The terrain is not explored even when the land is connected at where Mor is,the only explanation is the Great Rift torn the world to half.
-The teleportation when enter the dungeon.It seem weird when you can see yourself in outer space rather than just...teleport inside the Dungeon.Dungeon may act like a lift/elevator rather than teleport magic from one world to another world..

The appearance of the 4th Magi
Aladdin had been confined in Holy Palace for some years only(i believe),and the world outside already gone by several era.The Holy Palace may be a time compressed place that had different time flow with outside world,which means Aladdin may be the last Magi on Alma Toran.

Djinn,a powerful being in the Dungeon.They can't materialize themselves in the current world,but only can done so in the Dungeons..
If my theory is correct,then The Great rift not only split the world,but also seal most of Rukh's blessing as well.As the story shown,the Djinns are also human at one time,they may be even magician or household servant of King Solomon.Every Dungeon has a city in its own,this hints the Djinns are the Ruler of his\her respective dungeon long time ago..

United Language of the world-This I can't make any valid theory...Did King Solomon already united the world,language and religion before the downfall?Then why only the Toran language are the only language that different from the current language?As many would had guessed,the Toran people are the descendant of survivor of the Alma Toran,which many of them live near the Great Rift(Sinbad 's island,the third Magi 's place)

A hint that some of you may miss:
Check chapter 146,page 16-the princess may already got hit by the Hypnosis Sinbad cast upon her when they are battling...
hilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 11:54   Link #805
Lummie

chapter 165

Quote:
Scheherazade: You don't have to worry... In Laem, the magicians are not discriminated...
Me: She's quite confident about her statement, could Laem really be so great as she makes it to be?

Enter chapter 166 with one of Scheherazade's king candidates

Quote:
Dungeon conqueror Nerva: Yay, our territory will expand.
Dungeon concueror Alexius: .....
Countries own army appears

Quote:
Dungeon conqueror Nerva: Eww, slaves, how filthy
Dungeon concueror Alexius: .....
C'mon Scheherazade, you can't be serious.

Alibaba need to step up his game quickly and show them how a true king candidate acts.

EDIT: Oh wow, Sinbad tamed THAT?

Last edited by Lummie; 2012-12-10 at 12:48.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 15:42   Link #806
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
chapter 165

Me: She's quite confident about her statement, could Laem really be so great as she makes it to be?

Enter chapter 166 with one of Scheherazade's king candidates

Countries own army appears

C'mon Scheherazade, you can't be serious.

Alibaba need to step up his game quickly and show them how a true king candidate acts.

EDIT: Oh wow, Sinbad tamed THAT?

To me that looks like Baal. Yh he tamed that and 7 others. I wonder how threst will look like?
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 15:52   Link #807
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

'Fanalis Corps'...? Looks like an army of Saiya-jins to me... 0.o

We got to see a young Fanalis (Morgiana) and what she's capable off and it was awesome.

Then we got to see a grown up Fanalis and what he could do...

And now the Fanalis Horde is about to be unleashed... Nearly all of them are adults and no doubt fought against each other as training... When they 'invade', the HSQ will have been breached.
Old 2012-12-10, 16:47   Link #808
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
We got to see a young Fanalis (Morgiana) and what she's capable off and it was awesome.

Then we got to see a grown up Fanalis and what he could do...

And now the Fanalis Horde is about to be unleashed...
Of course the natural progression here would be "... then Morgiana attains super-saiyajin level"
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 22:41   Link #809
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacify View Post
Hmmn one Fanalis was OP enough, but a whole mini army of them, now that just unfair!

Because Magnoshutatt is ruled by a senile old man that doesn't give shit about other people's ideas and suggestions. And the second reason is because Scher acted like a jerk toward her "child".

For serious reasons, this war is just inevitable for Magnoshutatt since this country is a "pain in the ass" for both Laem and Kou ( They all want to absorb it to expand their border ). Last but not least, Al-sarmen love to see the magician's utopia goes down because they love spreading war and despair ( Not to mention getting rid of potential troublemaker ).
Old 2012-12-10, 23:57   Link #810
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacify View Post

Kou aren't the real enemies either though. They're just the current front of the real enemies.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 03:58   Link #811
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Kou aren't the real enemies either though. They're just the current front of the real enemies.
Exactly, the Kou Empire is neither better nor worst than Leam or Sindria, the problem is that the one leading it is part of the evil organization of the manga. Kou actually has some good people with good intentions.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 05:38   Link #812
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Good intentions as in "Hey, let's steamroll the entire world and conquer it, then there will be no more wars because I kicked all their asses".
I'm sure its a "good intention" in his head, but hell, Stalin had "good intentions" too.

And that's purely their own mind, not even factoring in the Al-Sarmen voodoo.

At best it's "not entirely evil, just another war monger king in history".
Old 2012-12-11, 06:00   Link #813
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I was more referring to Hakuei who seems quite pleased with using diplomacy over battle.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 06:12   Link #814
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

And she's also a follower of Kouen, the conquerer, and has strong trust in him.
Hell it's even hinted (in Backstage posts and blogs) she has feelings for him.

She may be a good person, but she's still following a war monger.
Old 2012-12-11, 06:33   Link #815
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Good intentions as in "Hey, let's steamroll the entire world and conquer it, then there will be no more wars because I kicked all their asses".
I'm sure its a "good intention" in his head, but hell, Stalin had "good intentions" too.

And that's purely their own mind, not even factoring in the Al-Sarmen voodoo.

At best it's "not entirely evil, just another war monger king in history".
Well, as a quote from "The ravages of time" said: " Long war would only bring misery to the living people. It may be better if one help the strongest power to conquer the world in a shorter time, then take over the reign.".

Kouen is probably going this way. Once the empress got everything is also the time for him to strike. After all, once the war is over, happiness will come for a long time - "Darkness precedes the light of dawn"
Old 2012-12-11, 06:55   Link #816
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Well it's a very medeval concept of unity, really.
Which is fitting for the time period the manga portrays.
Galactic feudal masterpiece, Rai, ran with that idea until Rai, the protagonist, slayed every opponent in the series and became the dictator Emperor of the galaxy.
It was pretty freakin awesome read. But in a standard shounen manga setting, such is a characteristic of an antagonist.

A far cry from modern utopian idea such as the Roddenberry dream.
Old 2012-12-11, 07:00   Link #817
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Ravages of Time was a of civil wars in an disunited country.

The current Kou empire is peaceful nation who messes with other country's economics, invades other peaceful nations, forces subservience or war.

Even if Kouen thinks he' god's gift to men, and deserves to be the one king as others such, it doesn't make it a good thing, Not by a long shot.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 07:11   Link #818
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Well it's a very medeval concept of unity, really.
Which is fitting for the time period the manga portrays.
Galactic feudal masterpiece, Rai, ran with that idea until Rai, the protagonist, slayed every opponent in the series and became the dictator Emperor of the galaxy.
It was pretty freakin awesome read. But in a standard shounen manga setting, such is a characteristic of an antagonist.

A far cry from modern utopian idea such as the Roddenberry dream.
Ohhh! I read Ginga Sengoku Rai, too! ^^. IMO, I think that's a masterpiece and a alternative ending for ROTK if Liu Bei decide to follow Pang Tong's plan instead of sticking to his good and loyal guy facade.

I know there's difference between Magi's world and ROTK but what Kouen said in that chapter just scream: "To pacify the world is not to let anyone stand in your path!". And let's admit it, he does have his point.
Old 2012-12-11, 09:16   Link #819
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
Ohhh! I read Ginga Sengoku Rai, too! ^^. IMO, I think that's a masterpiece and a alternative ending for ROTK if Liu Bei decide to follow Pang Tong's plan instead of sticking to his good and loyal guy facade.

I know there's difference between Magi's world and ROTK but what Kouen said in that chapter just scream: "To pacify the world is not to let anyone stand in your path!". And let's admit it, he does have his point.
He may have a point if the world is a ravaged war-crazy world where warlords of nations are constantly having conflicts, and despair everywhere.

Such is not the case here. This isn't a war-torn sengoku world.

So I refer to Nightengale's post above.
Old 2012-12-11, 10:07   Link #820
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Yeah, but this world is already on the way there if Al-sarmen actually succeed in what they're doing. The downfall of Magnoshutatt will probably remove the balance between three major power right now: Laem, Kou and 7 seas alliance. If Laem succeed in subduing Magnoshutt without too many dead, they may actually gain more power ( magicians ) and thus force Kou/7 seas alliance into a arms race>>>more conflict. Not to mention smaller countries will be dragged into the war.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen