AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

View Poll Results: Spice and Wolf II - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 83 51.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 22.84%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 14.20%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 6.17%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.62%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.62%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-24, 21:11   Link #41
Arashi500
Cthulhu Fhtagn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
Now, another waiting for the next season. I hope its not another 2 years this time around.
God knows it will be.
Old 2009-09-25, 02:41   Link #42
kenshin-dono
I'm on a boat!!!

havent read most of these coments because im still playing ccatchup to this epp, but i read in a comment section taht mazui actually put some of their subbers names into the last eppisode, in the clouds, on a building, ect near the end... is this true? If so thats really weak and that will definatly put me over to the frostii ones. Even the lamest sub groups out there usuallyd ont do crap like that
Old 2009-09-25, 03:25   Link #43
DreXav
Amused one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin-dono View Post
i read in a comment section taht mazui actually put some of their subbers names into the last eppisode, in the clouds, on a building, ect near the end... is this true?
So they did.
Old 2009-09-25, 03:44   Link #44
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It's not like those words were distracting, plus the notes at the end with the instrumental version of the OP was awesome.
Old 2009-09-25, 09:01   Link #45
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
It's not like those words were distracting, plus the notes at the end with the instrumental version of the OP was awesome.
The OP from the first season. =)

and woot! They ended season 2 with the long awaited
Spoiler for wub:
Old 2009-09-25, 11:32   Link #46
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Let's see...

I knew Abe had ulterior motives, but she got away with the money? I'm sure this isn't the last time we'll see of her...*hopes for a 3rd season*

Finally, Lawrence and Horo kiss...or is it? What the hell was that? It was so mediocre, and they acted like nothing happened...and the way it was animated...it felt like a 1980's kiss.

I liked the episode anyway. I like anything that involves a Spice and Wolf! =)
Old 2009-09-25, 11:44   Link #47
greedyisgood
easy mode

@Zwei
you should have posted your reply under spoiler tag dude

Spoiler for end:
Old 2009-09-25, 11:45   Link #48
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by greedyisgood View Post
@Zwei
you should have posted your reply under spoiler tag dude

Spoiler for end:
Why? The subbed episode has been out for some quite time now. -.-
Old 2009-09-25, 11:47   Link #49
Riskbreaker

Spoiler for Ending:

I can't really say wherever season 2 was better than season 1, but i enjoyed it immensely, and if & when season 3 is announced, i'll definitely be eagerly awaiting it.
Old 2009-09-25, 13:21   Link #50
kenshin-dono
I'm on a boat!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreXav View Post
So they did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
christ, lame. I havent seen it but the mere fact that they're there is distracting and ameturish and lame. Im not aware of any fansub group, even the lamest ones that mangle the video by throwing in shout outs to their group members DURRING the episode. Thats what notes for the end are for

guess that helps me decide which group im finishing/archiving with between Mazui and frostii
Old 2009-09-25, 13:22   Link #51
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Finally, Lawrence and Horo kiss...or is it? What the hell was that? It was so mediocre, and they acted like nothing happened...and the way it was animated...it felt like a 1980's kiss.
=)
lol

The kiss is fine...it seemed very romantic since their relationship just got to that level.

It would've been weird if it was some drawn out passionate kiss...
Old 2009-09-25, 13:44   Link #52
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
lol

The kiss is fine...it seemed very romantic since their relationship just got to that level.

It would've been weird if it was some drawn out passionate kiss...
Yeah, I don't see why people would expect him to french her when he's been coughing/sneezing up blood. I was happy to see him reward her kick to his chest with a half-sarcastic kiss that totally disarmed her. In fact, this whole episode I was laughing at how thoroughly he pwned her.

Personally I was totally disappointed with Horo. She wasn't able to reciprocate even a little (or even to hint if there was a decidable reason she's being so elusive). The way she's been acting this season you'd think she really does have feelings for him, and that she wanted him to do everything he did that entire scene. But in the end it felt like she doesn't, and was mad and disappointed that he fell in love with her.
Old 2009-09-25, 15:06   Link #53
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin-dono View Post
christ, lame. I havent seen it but the mere fact that they're there is distracting and ameturish and lame. Im not aware of any fansub group, even the lamest ones that mangle the video by throwing in shout outs to their group members DURRING the episode. Thats what notes for the end are for

guess that helps me decide which group im finishing/archiving with between Mazui and frostii
Honestly I think your overreacting a little here. I never noticed them the first time and only saw one name when I was glued to the screen looking for them. They did a good job with this series and I'm grateful. It's not like they tossed it onto Lawrence's forehead in the middle of the episode or something.

Anyways sad to think how long we may have to wait for season 3. Really enjoyed this season and will definitely watch the first and second in a row soon.
Old 2009-09-26, 00:57   Link #54
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

Spoiler for Ending:
Old 2009-09-26, 03:17   Link #55
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This season seems to be ending with kisses galore.... how unusual.
Old 2009-09-26, 08:37   Link #56
Blitzfx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrezaj View Post
That, and it never happened in the book.
Wait, what? they never kissed in the book?
Now people are complaining that something that shouldn't have happened wasn't intense enough?

In any case, Lawrence definitely smartened up by the end of this series but Horo's become indecisive and being rather unfair in this relationship.
I would have thought that she disliked being alone and thus the reason she stuck with lawrence on the way back to her home town. Now she's afraid a the future with him.
Old 2009-09-26, 10:11   Link #57
apikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashZeStampeedo View Post
Yeah, I don't see why people would expect him to french her when he's been coughing/sneezing up blood.
Exactly. It's not like this anime is called Spice and Normal Girl...

This is the third forum I see discussing a non-existent kiss. It wasn't poorly animated because it wasn't a kiss, plain and simple.
Old 2009-09-26, 10:51   Link #58
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by apikachu View Post
Thanks for the lulz..

Quote:
This is the third forum I see discussing a non-existent kiss. It wasn't poorly animated because it wasn't a kiss, plain and simple.
Exactly.. if anything he was half-sarcastically getting back at her for kicking him in the chest (and possibly making his internal bleeding worse). Oh, you're going to kick me? How mature. Time for my counter-attack! DISARMING KISS!

I must agree with Lawrence her kindness IS scary!
Old 2009-09-26, 11:10   Link #59
AKnightWhoSaysNi!
Bring me a shrubbery!

Quote:
AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Your not going to get a 600 year old sage wolf to just let you do as you please, ruining her careful plans. She's going to let you know just how frustrated you make her. The books do a really good job of conveying her thoughts throughout these outbursts, they are usually frustration directed at Lawrence's stupidity, but also a good deal at herself.

I love when Lawrence first walks into the room Horo was waiting in. Epic tail expansion. Seriously that was enormous...
Old 2009-09-26, 11:31   Link #60
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKnightWhoSaysNi! View Post
Your not going to get a 600 year old sage wolf to just let you do as you please, ruining her careful plans.
Yeah, I mean he had to point out how selfish and unfair she was being, accept her dangerous plan, nearly get killed, defy her and give up his dream for her (temporarily), take her physical and emotional abuse, profess his love, counter her silly pessimism with his equally-silly optimism, and then accept that she might never even reciprocate. It was nice that she finally broke down in tears after all that, I was worried she might throw him out the window! /joking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKnightWhoSaysNi! View Post
I love when Lawrence first walks into the room Horo was waiting in. Epic tail expansion. Seriously that was enormous...
Yeah, I'm impressed that he didn't run out the room screaming like a little girl.. and then he's still calm enough to grin like a maniac and joke around with her, even after she nearly knocks him out (along with a few teeth). What a trooper!
Closed Thread