AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-17, 04:42   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Post Your Spoilers, Speculation, News, etc.... for Darker Than Black

The purpose of this thread is to gather all the spoilerific news that may shed light on future episode content from the official site, their blog, or the ongoing manga, or any speculation based on an episode content such as the body Mao is in from the end credit in episode 2.... ...or any other source for that matter. That way the knowledgeable and the shrewd won't have to suffer from potential explosion they are so vulnerable to for keeping those juicy news all to themselves for too long.

Warning: If you are an Anime-Only viewer who values the idea ignorance is a bliss, then STAY THE HECK AWAY FROM THIS THREAD!

Enjoy!
Old 2009-10-17, 11:18   Link #2
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
I guess that Shikkou no hana its the bridge between first and second season. I think that the OVA`s will be about the story in the manga. Megane Hei was in the promotional images from second season, and in the manga, al most at the same time we could see a megane Hei.

So, its very probable that the end of shikkou no hana would be about Yin dead, vanish or anything that happened to her. What do you think?
Old 2009-10-17, 19:32   Link #3
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Manga discussion:
With the Shikkoku no Hana, Hei is currently tracking down, and fighting, this weird long-haired Jesus dude straight out of Persona 3, who can 'infect' people with the black flower he carries, which originated from within Hell's Gate. And his contractor power is to liquefy people.

Meanwhile, Hei is snuggling with Yin when they aren't working. They're obviously traveling around the world, as he mentions to her at one point that he is running out of knives and masks. Misaki is investigating the trail of melted bodies that the Contractor has left behind, and she's seeing signs of BK201 everywhere as well.

As Kashima mentioned, I think it's a prequel to season two, and most likely will explain just what happened to her. We know from Ep. 2 of the anime that something happened to Yin in a gray, dusty place, with dead bodies lying everywhere, and a clean-shaven Hei racing towards her going NOOOO. In the manga, he's a wanted man and as far as I can tell, he has no specific alleigance to a group, unlike in S1 where he was aligned with the Chinese Syndicate, while in S2, he's a pawn of the CIA.

The setting for Yin's 'death' seems like something within a Gate... and the main focus of the manga is on the mysterious contractor. So something, apparently, will happen to Yin inside the gate.

Anime speculation:

At this point, I'm inclined to think that Yin is dead. If she was still alive, Hei would be ripping shit apart trying to find her, not lost and dissolute, being the CIA's bitch while looking like a drunken hobo. She'll be the Bai of Season Two--something, someone, that he longs for, searches for, but knows is lost forever. And Suou will increasingly take that place, as a friend and companion, someone to trust.

I think that Suou and Hei go on a journey of sorts, most likely to hunt someone down. She's probably seeking Shion, and Hei probably seeks him too--so he tags along, protecting her as she leads him to her twin. Of course, Hei being the nice guy that he is, will eventually grow to care for her as a friend, and the final episode will feature him trying to save her while completing whatever mission he's on.

I predict a sad ending, unfortunately. Well, it's been pretty sad from the start for a Yin fanboy like me. But unless there's growing pressure for a third season, I think Hei will go out with a bang, and we'll see a shot of Suou trudging away from where he died, rifle in hand, carrying on his legacy.

Oh, and I guess they'll go back to Japan for a bit? Almost no reason for Misaki to be in the OP, unless they jaunt back to Tokyo.
Old 2009-10-18, 00:54   Link #4
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I think the reason why he is cooperating with the CIA may have to do with what transpired in the past in regards to Yin. Seemingly the obvious course of action would be to do a flashback of some sort in the middle of the series to fill in on the story with what happened to Yin.
Old 2009-10-18, 02:01   Link #5
Xacual

I think there won't be a flashback, because the OVAs are supposed to be what happened when some contractor attacked them, and take place between the two seasons.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-10-18, 02:27   Link #6
manga852

at the risk of sounding liking fool WTF is a Megane Hei?
Old 2009-10-18, 03:14   Link #7
Xacual

Megane is basically wearing glasses.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-10-18, 03:55   Link #8
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by manga852 View Post
at the risk of sounding liking fool WTF is a Megane Hei?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Megane is basically wearing glasses.
like so:

Old 2009-10-18, 14:01   Link #9
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Megane Hei was hot... Hobo Hei...kind of creepy... but both of them are GAR
Old 2009-10-19, 09:59   Link #10
Kagekyuubi

Hobo Hei is cooler if you ask me.

As for speculation, I'd have to say that Suou is dead all along and is actually a replacement made by Shion when the comet crashed on them since we don't hear their dad call out to her and that we see an observer spirit from Shion's POV. That being said, I'm predicting Suou dies, Misaki gets some time with Hei but gets her memory erased and Hei leaves to do whatever he's been doing all this time. Hopefully they'll animate Hei using his powers at their full capacity.
Old 2009-10-20, 04:18   Link #11
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagekyuubi View Post
As for speculation, I'd have to say that Suou is dead all along and is actually a replacement made by Shion when the comet crashed on them since we don't hear their dad call out to her and that we see an observer spirit from Shion's POV. That being said, I'm predicting Suou dies, Misaki gets some time with Hei but gets her memory erased and Hei leaves to do whatever he's been doing all this time. Hopefully they'll animate Hei using his powers at their full capacity.
That is a very interesting theory. It helps evaluate the death of Suou's father if he is indeed killed by someone else other than Suou, most likely by Shion himself.
Old 2009-10-22, 02:04   Link #12
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post

Anime speculation:

At this point, I'm inclined to think that Yin is dead. If she was still alive, Hei would be ripping shit apart trying to find her, not lost and dissolute, being the CIA's bitch while looking like a drunken hobo. She'll be the Bai of Season Two--something, someone, that he longs for, searches for, but knows is lost forever. And Suou will increasingly take that place, as a friend and companion, someone to trust.
I concur! You've written about 90% of the plot except for the twists we don't know. Predictable, but isn't all that bad (now if only Yin isn't dead - I'm guessing she is too).

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-10-23, 16:33   Link #13
Xacual

So now that it is official that Hei lost his Power and Suou seems to have some kind of contractor ability now, I'm beginning to think that Suou will be dying at the end instead of Hei like I previously thought. I think Hei will go through the season without his power and then at the end he'll get it back or well something like that anyway.

Also it looks like Hei has already double crossed and disappeared from the CIA's sight judging by the CIA guy asking the information seller woman where he was.

Old 2009-10-23, 18:52   Link #14
jamesv1911

Maybe it's just me, but doesn't the guy at the end of the episode who sits to talk with the lady at the cafe look a lot similar to November 11? Minus the hair of course, and their VA's are different.
Old 2009-10-23, 19:42   Link #15
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
So now that it is official that Hei lost his Power and Suou seems to have some kind of contractor ability now, I'm beginning to think that Suou will be dying at the end instead of Hei like I previously thought. I think Hei will go through the season without his power and then at the end he'll get it back or well something like that anyway.

Also it looks like Hei has already double crossed and disappeared from the CIA's sight judging by the CIA guy asking the information seller woman where he was.
Yup.

I wonder who that 'she' is, that Mao refers to when he tells Hei about who he's serving. "You know who she is." Amber?
Old 2009-10-23, 21:55   Link #16
Xacual

I honestly bet its the information seller woman. She has the creepy twins with her too.

Old 2009-10-30, 09:30   Link #17
hei

A rumour says that "that woman" of the episode 3 has already featured in the Season 1. If the rumour is correct, the prime suspect would be Mina, a female researcher who worked for Pandora (ep12-13, S1). She also appears in the DtB manga.

Also, Yin's voice actor recently wrote in her blog that she voice-acted in this season. So Yin is expected to appear in episode 7 or 8. But I don't think it necessary means that Yin is alive.
Old 2009-10-30, 13:52   Link #18
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hei View Post
A rumour says that "that woman" of the episode 3 has already featured in the Season 1. If the rumour is correct, the prime suspect would be Mina, a female researcher who worked for Pandora (ep12-13, S1). She also appears in the DtB manga.

Also, Yin's voice actor recently wrote in her blog that she voice-acted in this season. So Yin is expected to appear in episode 7 or 8. But I don't think it necessary means that Yin is alive.
Oh, very nice. Doesn't sound like she had very many lines though, judging by the past tense. Or do they record everything before it airs?
Old 2009-10-30, 20:32   Link #19
hei

"Episode 7 or 8" in the previous post is totally my guess. I think the show will be geared up after episode 5 or 6 (the current cr*p writers will be gone by then) and the story will advance at much quicker pace. Probably Yin is saved for that. Anyway, what is certain at this stage is that the voice actor started to be involved in the show again from this week.

ps. Woops! What the voice actor is talking about could not be Season 2, but 5-episode-OVA which is planned for early next year. Let's wait and see.

Last edited by hei; 2009-10-31 at 10:59.
Old 2009-10-31, 16:10   Link #20
Solafighter
Hige

Speculation to DTB S2, ep 2,3.

I havent read in here, yet but will do it afterwards.
Hei's star fell. I think and if i remember correct, it was never his star. It was the star of his sister, Pai, who always have been "in" Hei. So basicly, Pai got killed. Thats why the star fell and (it looks like) Hei lost his contractor abilities.

I think other people may have thought the same but not sure, if this makes realy sense.