AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-02-17, 19:54   Link #121
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... sorta off topic but, what is this CFW you guys are talking about? I don't have a PSP, but I plan on getting one and I was hoping on getting this game for it, too.
Old 2010-02-17, 20:09   Link #122
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
CFW = custom firm ware. It's essentially the version of your PSP.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 22:17   Link #123
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

I'm not sure if talk about CFW is allowed here.
goombas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 22:31   Link #124
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Oh, hmm. I actually like playing as Nanoha, but it's fun playing with Zafira and using his FDB with Cross Range + Combo skills on.

Hayate is my least favourite to play as, surprisingly. Well, no, Shamal is. e_e

But hearing the real seiyuu make those noises.... n__N
Quote:
Originally Posted by goombas View Post
I'm not sure if talk about CFW is allowed here.
Asking what it is should be okay. Telling you how to actually do it to your PSP is definitely not, lol. ._.;

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 00:00   Link #125
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

spamming F5 waiting for IchiKyo to come back and tell us how to get it to work. >.<''
Old 2010-02-18, 05:23   Link #126
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
There's nothing you can do for the moment.
People encount the same problem with Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep you know (OFW 6.20 too)
And this pic, i had found it in 2chan...
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 08:15   Link #127
DragonBladeX
Kancolle love!

Does anyone have any tips for using Shamal? I just can't seem to make it through story without at least dying once (or twice in some battles like versus Reinforce), which I think affects whether or not one encounters the 'Fast object approaching' warning.
Old 2010-02-18, 11:33   Link #128
goombas
OOOOH YEAH! DIGG IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
There's nothing you can do for the moment.
People encount the same problem with Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep you know (OFW 6.20 too)
And this pic, i had found it in 2chan...
Darn it, getting my hopes up. >.<

EDIT: I did some research and found one possible way to get the DLC to work on CFW. Only problem is that I don't have the tools for it. If anyone wants to test for me, PM me and I'll tell you the details, unless a mod can tell me it's okay to explain it in this thread.

EDIT at 21:20: REALLY? No one here uses CFW?

Last edited by goombas; 2010-02-18 at 22:20.
Old 2010-02-18, 12:20   Link #129
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonBladeX View Post
Does anyone have any tips for using Shamal? I just can't seem to make it through story without at least dying once (or twice in some battles like versus Reinforce), which I think affects whether or not one encounters the 'Fast object approaching' warning.
Sure. finish Reinforce and get her extra cardtridge slot and with the MP cut of Hayate and make all your 2 rounds battle with all 3 Full Drive. (use all 3 of them, with Shamal's personnal Skills, it will refill all 3 cartridge in the next round)
Old 2010-02-19, 02:45   Link #130
uragayduck2

Quote:
Originally Posted by goombas View Post
EDIT at 21:20: REALLY? No one here uses CFW?
always done games the legit way. any "other" way is either too complicated to figure out, i'm too lazy, or i straight out refuse to mod anything i own. that's why i cheered hurrahs and huzzahs when i found out the PSP was region free and American and Japanese Blu-rays share the same region which led to the uprise in imported material for me.
uragayduck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 05:41   Link #131
DragonBladeX
Kancolle love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
Sure. finish Reinforce and get her extra cardtridge slot and with the MP cut of Hayate and make all your 2 rounds battle with all 3 Full Drive. (use all 3 of them, with Shamal's personnal Skills, it will refill all 3 cartridge in the next round)
I'll try those skill combination, the last time I went with MP Loader and Drive-C.

Any specific attacks to use? I tend to use turtling tactics with her regular triangle attack, then following up with either a charged or uncharged square attack. Mostly done near the AI, where they are likely to want to close into melee range and eat a wind barrier :P. Then I proceed to hammer them with Shamal square melee attack.
Old 2010-02-20, 03:53   Link #132
Password

Teleport in (tap circle), use her wind shield thingie (tap triangle), fire off a tornado (hold triangle), repeat. If they dash to the side, throw up another shield for that angle. Watch out for binds though, since that actually gets through your nigh-perfect defense. Also be careful of beam attacks when teleporting. Both the wind shield and tornado attack are surprisingly damaging, especially the shield.

When they get into melee range, put some distance between the two of you, then spam square + circle combo to throw them back in long range then do that again. Shamal's melee is pretty nifty in that it's actually ranged, so even if most characters (i.e., those who aren't Shamal or Reinforce) counter, they won't hit you but will instead head right into your Clarwind spam. It's also good to remember that Shamal's super shaves off around half a lifebar.

I found that to work pretty well for me, even though I only use default skill sets (old video gaming habit of mine). <<

Oh, regarding the fast object approaching thingie, just Pause and go back to Mode Menu when you lose a round and Continue back to that stage. That'll let you unlock things even though you lost.

Last edited by Password; 2010-02-20 at 04:15.
Password is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 12:08   Link #133
DragonBladeX
Kancolle love!

I figure I'll post these here, since most of them are related to the game and PSP.

Gave in and bought both Nyantype and Megumi March copy from my local shop due to the Nanoha related stuff on the cover and their goodies.
Spoiler for Nyantype and Megumi:

Nyantype magazine comes with PSP stickers.
Spoiler for PSP stickers:

Megumi magazine comes with Nanoha A's Portable Starter Book, likely a preview for the upcoming guide book.
Spoiler for Starter book:

Pretty much a manual, although the weakness/advantage triangle of the melee combat was finally clarified for me. Melee(square) cancels Catch/Grab(Circle), Catch/Grab(Circle) overrides Block(Triangle), Block(Triangle) counters Melee(Square).
Spoiler for Close combat chart:

Only Nanoha's melee combo has a chart showing the various finishes depending on the button pressed during the combo.
Spoiler for Melee combo chart:

More goodies coming soon, guide book due in March, Nanoha the Movie 1st the comic due in June and Nanoha the Movie 1st Visual Collection due in summer.
Spoiler for Back page:

Edit: I apologize in advance for the lousy resolution of the iphone's camera...

Last edited by DragonBladeX; 2010-02-20 at 12:19.
DragonBladeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 16:04   Link #134
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

WAT! Nyan Type got a PSP Hayate Stickers!
DO NEED ONE!
Old 2010-02-20, 21:56   Link #135
uragayduck2

yeah, i got that Nyantype Vol 5 a while back too. it was a pain trying to attach the several parts of the sticker on to the back of the PSP since i don't have a steady hand. i chose the damaged gundam version to grace the back.

anyone been able to find any of the Nanoha A's Portable accessories around? if you can't, then sucks for you because there practically aren't any anymore. well, there are 2 on ebay......for around $200. i'm so glad i swiped the Nanoha ver. even though that wasn't really the one that i wanted. i was going to get both Nanoha and Fate ver., but the Fate one sold out practically the day that it came out. curse you Fate fans!!......curse you...*angry shaking fist*
Old 2010-02-20, 22:21   Link #136
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Mmm, someone send me the Nanoha and Fate sticker. o: Or I'll try to order the magazine myself when HMV let's me freaking log in already.

Er, I'm lazy/tired atm and wondering how much it costs again for all the DLC stuff. A friend is in Japan right now and might slip in a PSN card for herself and meeeee. Wau, 2.4k was the number I thought it'd cost to import for some reason, lol.... orz
Quote:
Originally Posted by uragayduck2 View Post
anyone been able to find any of the Nanoha A's Portable accessories around? if you can't, then sucks for you because there practically aren't any anymore.
Last I checked, Amazon still had Nanoha's set and you can grab Fate off the marketplace for under 10k yen at least.

V - yes very helpful post. ;A;

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?

Last edited by Bananoha; 2010-02-21 at 00:44.
Old 2010-02-20, 23:21   Link #137
Hayate22
TSAB Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Hayate22 Send a message via MSN to Hayate22
Okay...I decided to do this so...hope you guys like this...

--------------------------------------------------------------

Option settings for Nanoha PSP DL Vinette Clock:
(Somewhat mostly translated text for the options.)

Translation is as direct as possible and in the same location as how I list this translation. Note translation is as best as I can bet it’ll say, though generally I should be right on about this. I probably won’t be able to translate some of it…

First page:

1. Birthday – [Month] [Day]

2. Set Alarm – [Hour] [Minute] (Time is in military time. 0 = Midnight, 12 = Noon, 23 = 11pm, etc)

3. Alarm Volume – (Self explanatory)

4. Alarm Type – [Do Not, Can't translate the rest(I assume it's related to when it activates or something)] [SE, Voice 1, Voice 2] (Default ‘Do Not’ なし)

5. Set snooze – [Do Not, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes] (Default ‘Do Not’ なし)

6. (Not able to translate properly) – [Do Not, Exist(?)] (Default off ‘Do Not’ なし)

7. Backlight - [On, Off]

Second Page: (When you press L or R)

Symbols go in order of Morning, Day, Night, Dusk/Dawn which relates to time periods of the day.

1. Set Room – (Basically this chooses which clock area related to character.)
[‘Nanoha’ なのは, ‘Fate’ フェイト]
Nanoha’s is the bedroom, Fate’s is the Schoolyard that’s located on the roof of their elementary school

2. Mode – [Auto Select, Custom] (Default is ‘Auto Select’ オートセレクト)

3. Set Event – (Choose a event to continuously run during the entire ‘time period’)
There are six events per character, with only one of the events being able to pair with another character.
Nanoha: Nanoha’s magic practice includes Fate watching.
Fate: Fate’s magic practice which turns into a game of ‘badminton’ between Nanoha and Fate.
(I’m not able to translate the events in general because of the various symbols based off of Chinese symbolism. Though it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out which one is which.)

4. Main Costume (Basically choose the costume of the main clock character)
Nanoha’s:
なのは ∙ メイド ‘Nanoha ∙ Maid’
なのは ∙ バリアジャケット ‘Nanoha ∙ Barrier Jacket’

Fate’s:
フェイト ∙ バリアジャケット ‘Fate ∙ Barrier Jacket’
フェイト∙ 制服 ‘Fate ∙ Uniform’

5. Substitute Costume (Basically choose the costume of the guest clock character)
Nanoha’s:
なのは ∙ バリアジャケット ‘Nanoha ∙ Barrier Jacket’
なのは ∙ 制服 ‘Nanoha ∙ Uniform’

Fate’s:
フェイト ∙ バリアジャケット ‘Fate ∙ Barrier Jacket’
フェイト ∙ メイド‘Fate ∙ Maid’
Hayate22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 02:45   Link #138
DarkMagician

i don t understand
DarkMagician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 04:49   Link #139
uragayduck2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
Last I checked, Amazon still had Nanoha's set and you can grab Fate off the marketplace for under 10k yen at least.
mmmm, as tempting as that may be, i still stray away from ordering directly from Japan just so i don't incur customs fee since i'm a chicken. i used to order like mad from amazon.jp, but then i found out that people get crazy fees from the customs which was practically the price of the goods itself. i'd rather play it safe than sorry and order it from a place where customs won't be something to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMagician View Post
i don t understand
if you didn't buy/download the Catalog Binder from the PSN, don't even bother trying to.
Old 2010-02-21, 11:12   Link #140
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

ffff, I love Material-S and Material-L. I think I'd flip if there were more than three DLC charas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uragayduck2 View Post
mmmm, as tempting as that may be, i still stray away from ordering directly from Japan just so i don't incur customs fee since i'm a chicken. i used to order like mad from amazon.jp, but then i found out that people get crazy fees from the customs which was practically the price of the goods itself. i'd rather play it safe than sorry and order it from a place where customs won't be something to worry about.
You live somewhere where there's custom & duty fees, too? D:

The Fate one is actually marketplace, so you're from someone else and not Amazon itself. You might get away with paying no custom & duty fees depending on your country. iirc, Canada is up to 60$ duty free, but 20$ if it's not a gift. So yeah, I apparently got taxed 15$ for the Nanoha OST from Amazon, lolol. That standard handling fee of what I think is at least 5$ is what rapes cheaper items. Buying in bulk when ordering directly from Amazon/HMV is better than ordering them one by one with CDJapan or YesAsia.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?