AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-06, 01:02   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Accel World anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Accel World which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
Old 2012-07-15, 15:53   Link #2
Awrya
U mad?

Although this isn't about the anime or manga, this question fits the best in this thread.
Does a social group for Accel World exist? If yes, can someone post the link? I can't seem to find it.
Old 2012-07-15, 16:14   Link #3
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Although this isn't about the anime or manga, this question fits the best in this thread.
Does a social group for Accel World exist? If yes, can someone post the link? I can't seem to find it.
Nope, not that I know of. You should totally fix that. ;p
Old 2012-07-25, 15:24   Link #4
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Alright, random question time! If you were to take someone's neuro-linker and break it would they lose the Brain Burst program? Or is the program stored somewhere else (and they would just need a new neuro-linker to continue playing)?
Old 2012-08-02, 14:34   Link #5
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
What is the name of the soundtrack in episode 4 @ 05:15 when KYH does physical full burst? I don't think it's on the OST...
Old 2012-08-06, 05:55   Link #6
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Question:
Does using another's Nuero Linker enable one (even someone not meeting the requirements) to use Brain Burst?
Old 2012-08-06, 06:13   Link #7
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Question:
Does using another's Nuero Linker enable one (even someone not meeting the requirements) to use Brain Burst?
Spoiler for Answer Heavy Spoilers Read at Your Own Risk:

Last edited by orpheus2; 2012-08-06 at 06:47. Reason: Added additional spoiler tags
Old 2012-08-06, 14:48   Link #8
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Has anyone done any conversions as to how much is one day in the Unlimited Field equivalent to RL time and such?

The only thing i can base off is that 24H RL = "3 years" in Unlimited.

I'm having trouble computing it as it is, with extreme variances.
Old 2012-08-06, 15:13   Link #9
Awrya
U mad?

Time is accelerated by 1000, so 1 day(24h) in RL = 1000 days(24000h) in AW.
1000 days = 2 years and somewhere between 8 months 22 days and 9 months 18 days, since the days in a month varies between 28-31.
Just hope I didn't mess up with my calculator
Old 2012-08-07, 02:53   Link #10
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Spoiler for Comparing stuff from the latest SAO Side Story:

Also, why does it have to be "having Neuro Linker from birth" be the primary requirement? If it's merely just for the brain reaction time, can someone with an insane amount of nerve response (say SAO's Kirito) be a candidate if it's just brain reaction speed we're talking about to pass?

In the official crossover <<Versus>>, both Kirito and Haruyuki have been found to have the same reaction speed.
Old 2012-08-07, 04:55   Link #11
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
In the official crossover <<Versus>>, both Kirito and Haruyuki have been found to have the same reaction speed.
That wasn't canon, though. At least I'm pretty sure it wasn't..
Old 2012-08-07, 05:23   Link #12
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

AW Vol 10 Chapter 3. Are you sure?
Old 2012-08-07, 05:34   Link #13
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
AW Vol 10 Chapter 3. Are you sure?
Yes. I believe the author himself stated on twitter that it was non-canonical. There other non-canon stories up on BT, such as SAO's "There is but one ultimate way".
Old 2012-08-07, 05:58   Link #14
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

(Well I wish people would be better imformed of those things.)

Speaking of which, I'm going to ask the question I asked earlier...

why does it have to be "having Neuro Linker from birth" be the primary requirement? If it's merely just for the brain reaction time, can someone with an insane amount of nerve response (say SAO's Kirito) be a candidate if it's just brain reaction speed we're talking about to pass?
Old 2012-08-07, 06:58   Link #15
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Time is accelerated by 1000, so 1 day(24h) in RL = 1000 days(24000h) in AW.
1000 days = 2 years and somewhere between 8 months 22 days and 9 months 18 days, since the days in a month varies between 28-31.
Just hope I didn't mess up with my calculator
It makes my spine chill to think that 1000 years has passed in game since launch... Can you imagine someone who sleeps just 8hs a day and logs on for the rest, how long has he lived and experienced?!
Old 2012-08-07, 07:43   Link #16
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
It makes my spine chill to think that 1000 years has passed in game since launch... Can you imagine someone who sleeps just 8hs a day and logs on for the rest, how long has he lived and experienced?!
Well, it's said that there's very few people who log on to the Unli. Neutral Field at a time (around a 100), so it's quite boring. I doubt someone can stay for 100 years there, even, just finishing off enemies and such.

Although, some people have taken a liking to sleeping in the Unli Neutral Field then resuming work in RL. :3

Hell I'd want that. XD
Old 2012-08-07, 07:44   Link #17
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Game has been out for close to 7 years, actually, so Accel World is around 7000 years old.
Old 2012-08-07, 08:10   Link #18
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Well, Volume 9 is called Seven Thousand Year Prayer, which is around the time first generation Burst Linkers existed.

And no, I doubt any Burst Linker stayed inside the unlimited field for more than a day or two, since their real bodies still needed nutritions and water. Don't forget they are still students 16 or younger, their parents would probably rage if they miss dinner.
Spoiler for Info from LN about sleep:
Old 2012-08-07, 09:31   Link #19
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Well, Volume 9 is called Seven Thousand Year Prayer, which is around the time first generation Burst Linkers existed.

And no, I doubt any Burst Linker stayed inside the unlimited field for more than a day or two, since their real bodies still needed nutritions and water. Don't forget they are still students 16 or younger, their parents would probably rage if they miss dinner.
Spoiler for Info from LN about sleep:
This COMPLETELY TRIVIALIZES the need for sleep! It increases humanity's efficiency by 33%!!

Plus each person gets 1000x more time to work on projects!

And since the game began, I wonder how many of those gamers are now beginning university...

In a few years time, those Bursters will be cranking out Noble prizes. Not even Kyuubei can match this feat (except completely destroy it)
Old 2012-08-07, 18:37   Link #20
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

To be more accurate, 8 hours of sleep becomes 30 seconds in RL. And <<KHS>> knows of a <<Burst Linker>> who is a student / manga artist who does just that.

Last edited by ronelm2000; 2012-08-07 at 19:33.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a