AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-26, 22:33   Link #1301
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
So can he make another poll and add new projects for it. Or just pick the project he really wants to translate.
After this fiasco? I doubt any translator would want to risk a powder keg incident like that ever again.

Though I've always had the impression that Ping is secretly a Masochist... Gut feeling I guess...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 22:37   Link #1302
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlar View Post
Um, I was saying locking the thread was the right decision. Not defending the unwarranted complaining at all here.
Oh, I see. I thought you were supporting the complaining because this second sentence in your first paragraph:
Quote:
I think AW fans are justifiably defensive about accusations of cheating.
Sorry.
Old 2012-08-26, 22:38   Link #1303
hobogunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Facebook poll jacking would be a stupid argument, but KH is right about the votes boost. And please remember that Mismarca had huge votes jump a day after.
Don't worry, the results of the FB will stand until the voting is over.

As Ping already said, it's not a matter of disliking AW, simply that a person who spams one thing is obviously giving an unfair advantage.

Certainly the percentage of votes per title might be even in the end; however, when votes jump like they did on BT....you know something's up.

Also, as previously stated: Code-Zero is picking one of the top 4. With Accel World already in the lead, you might want to vote for your number 2 choice instead, since even if AW wins with 80% of the votes, C-Z can turn it down.
hobogunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 22:41   Link #1304
Athena
The Power of One

Holy. Hocchan on AS.

Btw, why is more than a whole page about discussing about a poll rather than the series?
Old 2012-08-26, 22:55   Link #1305
Redlar

Why is the Imperial Palace considered impenetrable? Couldn't some legion just sign up for a tour group and Accelerate within the grounds?

Also, do the novels ever make clear the extent of the Accelerated World? As I understand it, it requires certain monitoring systems to be present in the real world for there to be a corresponding location in the UNF, but has anyone ever mentioned going beyond Japan and trying to Accelerate?
Redlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 23:07   Link #1306
kotelo

Well, looks like we have a lot of drama here... If you ask me, more help in the AW project would be great, the guy soloing the project tries his best, but he can't do everything on his own. Oda Nobuna no Yabou is already being translated at an incredible pace, with the project started just this month and with three chapters out already. In the other hand we have Hagure Yuusha no Esuteika, it doesn't even have a project page and it would have to start from scratch. And finally, we have Accel World, an old project with hardly one update per month... why not help an old project?

I remember the To Aru Majutsu no Index project and how it got a lot of help when the second anime season aired, why can't that happen again?
Life approaches the Imperial Villa
We embrace heaven together

---Two great men, shared life.
kotelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 23:13   Link #1307
garf02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlar View Post
Why is the Imperial Palace considered impenetrable? Couldn't some legion just sign up for a tour group and Accelerate within the grounds?

Also, do the novels ever make clear the extent of the Accelerated World? As I understand it, it requires certain monitoring systems to be present in the real world for there to be a corresponding location in the UNF, but has anyone ever mentioned going beyond Japan and trying to Accelerate?
If I remember, someone mentioned that even if you try to dive from the palace, you will materialize outside... neat a God Enemy

About the whole poll thingy
* I never meant to insult anybody
* As someone said, the reason I posted it was cause even after it started in FB and got the lead someone claimed bots again (I still think those where real votes, it peaked after someone links popped up at /a/
* Again if you all claim the translator will not translate it even if it win, then why bother listing it.
garf02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 23:23   Link #1308
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotelo View Post
I remember the To Aru Majutsu no Index project and how it got a lot of help when the second anime season aired, why can't that happen again?

Erm no, we didn't have 'alot of help'- We had one guy

Till this day we still don't know if he's even human though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garf02 View Post
* Again if you all claim the translator will not translate it even if it win, then why bother listing it.
We're not saying he won't; we're saying he might not pick the number one title.

There's a big difference between won't and might not.
Old 2012-08-26, 23:31   Link #1309
KuroiHikari

Quote:
Because winning means being the top 4, then the final choice is determined by translator's preference.
KuroiHikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 23:39   Link #1310
kotelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Erm no, we didn't have 'alot of help'- We had one guy

Till this day we still don't know if he's even human though.
Really? With that speed I was sure it was a team of at least two guys, well, like you said maybe he isn't human

Anyways, I just hope all this drama started by a few to not bias their choices...
Life approaches the Imperial Villa
We embrace heaven together

---Two great men, shared life.
kotelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 03:52   Link #1311
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotelo View Post
Well, looks like we have a lot of drama here... If you ask me, more help in the AW project would be great, the guy soloing the project tries his best, but he can't do everything on his own. Oda Nobuna no Yabou is already being translated at an incredible pace, with the project started just this month and with three chapters out already. In the other hand we have Hagure Yuusha no Esuteika, it doesn't even have a project page and it would have to start from scratch. And finally, we have Accel World, an old project with hardly one update per month... why not help an old project?

That's totally wrong actually. The person whose translating Oda won't be doing anything for awhile because hes having hard drive problems and hes getting ready for school. Also you can't force a translator to do anything. If they have no interest in the project than they won't do it. Its as easy as that. What they want to do is up to them. If you want to support you can learn Jap and help translate. If your truly desperate you can always get the Chinese fan translated novel and use something like google translate.

Teh_ping is essentially a one many army. Hes not human just look at his avatar. I'm pretty sure he did most of it by himself, but he had some helpful edtiors. I'm stating this here, but I honestly don't know his preference. In the case of nom@n I'm willingly to say he'll end up translating something like Oda Nobuna, Hagure or Vanadis if it makes it to the top 4. Why? Because these are the types of LN's he enjoys. Nom@n is a nice. And i quote Akuma "Sometimes too nice of a guy."

Index for some reason is really popular. People love that novel. So people fan translate. Accel World? I guess not a lot of the fan translators enjoy it? Its not really their style.

The purpose of the poll was for nom@n to give readers a chance to decide which novel he "Might" translate. He even stated he'd pick from the top 4 from his liking NOT THE ONE WITH THE MOST VOTES. But than again who knows. Since this is seriously becoming stupid he might decline and just end the poll here.

Scifi novels are a pain in the ass to translate. Don't expect every single translator to be like Teh_ping and do research while also explain what the terms means.
Old 2012-08-27, 03:58   Link #1312
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
ok people, we need support

So apparently the people at BT can't fathom that Accel World has a legitimately large fanbase and claims the votes got spammed with bots. They froze the polls on their website and turned it into a Facebook poll where Accel World is leading regardless.

Seeing as how they have such a negative attitude towards AW, I doubt it will matter very much even if it does win in the poll.

Frozen Poll: http://baka-tsuki.org/forums/viewtop...5206&start=405
Active Poll: https://www.facebook.com/Baka.Tsuki.org
Or

You could start translating yourself and post your stuff there.

No one will take it down barring C & D

Lol....

I highly doubt said author frequents this place...
Old 2012-08-27, 05:47   Link #1313
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I highly doubt said author frequents this place...
Well, the donation link on the plagiarizing site defaults to Indonesia, so that's indicative of something...

Anyway back on topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
I know that it isn't a requirement for king, the question was if purple, a mix between red and blue, is considered a pure colour, would orange, a mix between red and yellow, technically be a pure colour as well.
Hue would actually be a more precise term than color purity.

If painting color theory is used, then pure colors are those without tints or shades, i.e. no white or black mixed in. On the color chart, that translates to being as close to the outer edge as possible without going into the shaded territory (with the exception of the Black and White Kings, obviously, which are technically not colors in certain definitions).
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 06:29   Link #1314
woxx

In other words: "OMG MC IS FAT WE WON'T TRANSLATE IT"
And it probably won't be translated same as SAO, though AW got much better character development and good story too.
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 06:31   Link #1315
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
And it probably won't be translated same as SAO, though AW got much better character development and good story too.
Yeah, you guys are so victimized

Try reading what's going on first before running your mouth.
Old 2012-08-27, 07:06   Link #1316
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
So why must you start acting like the worst from the SAO fanbase?
Old 2012-08-27, 07:42   Link #1317
woxx

Quote:

Try reading what's going on first before running your mouth.
I read probably all Accel World discussions everywhere. Maybe you can tell me any more reasons why SAO fanbois and other people hate AW so much? No.
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 08:10   Link #1318
Miraluka
Banned

What the heck guys....

Well. I didn't know there was a poll on BT until garf02 posted about it here, so I told every single of my pals that are currently watching the anime to vote on FB and many of them are interested to see what happens after vol.4 where the anime is supposed to end. Oh, and those votes comes from both the and also latin comunity since they read the translations on B-T.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 08:30   Link #1319
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I read probably all Accel World discussions everywhere. Maybe you can tell me any more reasons why SAO fanbois and other people hate AW so much? No.

I don't know, I guess maybe it's because the AW hardcore fanboys are such annoying self entitled brats who thinks they're being discriminated for liking a fat protagonists Cause certainly it has nothing to do with the horrible impression said protagonist had given people right?

But that's not even the main point; Get this into your head- Translators don't owe you anything. They have their reasons for not translating a LN. Why don't you give it a shot and see how easy it is to translate a story like AW.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-08-27 at 09:08. Reason: edited to be more family friendly
Old 2012-08-27, 08:36   Link #1320
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Maybe it's because the AW hardcore fanboys are such annoying self entitled brats who thinks they're being discriminated for liking a fat protagonists Cause certainly it has nothing to do with the horrible first impression said protagonist had given people, quite frankly said fanboys are behaving just like their hero.

But that's not even the main point; Get this into your head- Translators don't owe you anything. They have their reasons for not translating a LN. Why don't you give it a shot and see how easy it is to translate a story like AW.
Now now....SAO community is pretty much a rotten filth heap in various parts too....let's not go there.

The important thing though, is the second bit. Yeah, we do what we want, when we want because most of us are doing because we want to for own reasons, be it in tribute to the author, to spread knowledge of the title or what not and not for readers' sakes

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, romance, seinen, shounen, virtual reality