AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Old 2010-02-12, 14:31   Link #981
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah this weeks episode was fantastic. The music placement was seriously good, especially during the celebration scene when the gang found out the location of Kaztano. I laughed so hard.

Dotachin easily has the most adorable blush in the whole show.

Also my dreams have come true, Namie is a brocon. <333
Old 2010-02-12, 16:13   Link #982
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Wow, I think every single character in the OP (including the few that are colored in the background) popped up in this episode. And I loved how it all connected, we see the dog again, Celty is studying on how aliens work (LOL), the little kid in the OP, heck, I wonder if that cabert club and the idol (anyone else think she looks like Haruhi? think it's the hair ribbons) will appear again.
Although I am sad they cut the manga torture scene short since that gave Baccano a run for it's money with the crazy violence. I think that Erica and Walker are my favorite two characters now (with Celty as a close second of course).
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 16:15   Link #983
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Wow, I think every single character in the OP (including the few that are colored in the background) popped up in this episode.
Missing one still I think (guy with the gas mask on Shizuo's right).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 16:20   Link #984
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Missing one still I think (guy with the gas mask on Shizuo's right).
We're missing three actually, just checked and, unless Shizou's boss and the reporter guy were lurking around in the episode, they weren't there as well. Drat, we even had the head in it!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 16:28   Link #985
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Where you get that? Thought his name's Walker.
Ah thats what I meant. Well since Im only going off voices it just sounded like him since the way he pronouciates, unless it was Kida since both have that long drawn out style of talking. Again I could be very wrong. I probably am.

Ok Ive been an X Files fan since it came on so hearing the close music in the bg while Celty is watching like a little fangirl was awesome

Epi was hard core! So much went on! What in the heck is Seji's sister up too?? I still think thats Celty's head in the jar but the odd connection to Seji, his sister and Mika is jsut way too weird.

Elephant Slide ftw.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2010-02-12 at 17:08.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 16:29   Link #986
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Elephant Slide ftw.
I still prefer vending machine-tan, though Elephant Slide would give it a run for it's money.

The gang!

Old 2010-02-12, 16:46   Link #987
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Another amazing episode!

and since everyone made a fuss about the torture in the manga, I gave it a read and I must say it's a shame it did not get animated ... can we hope for a BD extra

On related news, I heard the OP single today and was amazing, along with Qwaser's OP/ED are my favorites this season.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 18:06   Link #988
Iron Maw
Banned

Got this off another forum, looks like merchandise has started:

Spoiler:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/goods/serie...tml?scode=2470
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 20:24   Link #989
LKK

Does anyone have a guess as to how long it's been since Mikado arrived in the city?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 20:31   Link #990
Iron Maw
Banned

I'm assuming two days. The first episode was when he arrived, but 3rd was actually his first day. Episode 5 was the second due to Anri meeting the teacher again and later she being treated to ice cream by Kida and Mikado.

This episode was partly a flashback with Kadota explaining the Dollars to Kida.
Old 2010-02-12, 21:15   Link #991
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I'm assuming two days. The first episode was when he arrived, but 3rd was actually his first day. Episode 5 was the second due to Anri meeting the teacher again and later she being treated to ice cream by Kida and Mikado.

Hm, I thought it had been longer than that. But you're probably be right. I haven't made a real effort to track the time. It makes my head hurt to think too deeply about the show. Right now, I'm just going with the flow & enjoying the ride. It's a bit like being in a rubber river raft going through a series of rapids.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 21:35   Link #992
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
and since everyone made a fuss about the torture in the manga, I gave it a read and I must say it's a shame it did not get animated ... can we hope for a BD extra
Speaking of BD, there no BD going to be released for this series. We are only getting DVD release, unlike Aniplex-sponsored/supported other anime in Winter (So Ra No Wo To). Mostly because the animation/Visual is not the main point of the series maybe?

Knowing some track records though I sure do have a feeling to know why the higher-ups sponsor decide for DVD-only.

So yes, this is pretty much the one of least promoted series in a way in regards to DVD/BD-Release of anime in Winter.

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 21:45   Link #993
Bea Rabbit
Stained Member
*Graphic Designer

Finally watch it fuuh,,,..
Spoiler for episode:

And my most favorite couple is running like kid.. its so cute.. >///<
Izaya likes fat sushie, when he eating is cuuuuuuuuuuute.. >///<

I want more of him, including Shizuo in the next episode.!

For Celty and Shinra.
switched paper task? lolol

I'd be agree if Izaya is the leader of dollars.
Spoiler for izaya:

its still possible yeah.

If the requirement of Dollars, is only that, so everyone can join Dollars. the question is why it was feared?
Bea Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 22:23   Link #994
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK

It's a bit like being in a rubber river raft going through a series of rapids.
That's probably one of the best descriptions I've heard for this show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Speaking of BD, there no BD going to be released for this series. We are only getting DVD release, unlike Aniplex-sponsored/supported other anime in Winter (So Ra No Wo To). Mostly because the animation/Visual is not the main point of the series maybe?

Knowing some track records though I sure do have a feeling to know why the higher-ups sponsor decide for DVD-only.

So yes, this is pretty much the one of least promoted series in a way in regards to DVD/BD-Release of anime in Winter.
It's been pretty on high DVD ranks on Amazon since last week with only Bake being ahead of it funny enough.
Old 2010-02-12, 22:55   Link #995
maplehurry

Is it a railgun reference when the 3 people drink milk ?
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 23:11   Link #996
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Wow....this episode really made me laugh.
The Dollars reveal was the Best. Part. EVER.
I love these guys already.

And I'm sure enough that the Shizaya fangirls will have a field day with the next episode lol.

And is it me but does the manga make everyone a bit more...twisted?
I mean, chapter 7 made me go "whoa...are they serious?" despite the references D:
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 23:50   Link #997
Kunagisa

I propose we turn the Dura lightnovel thread into manga + lightnovel thread.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 23:59   Link #998
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Not really. Notice that Anri was with Mikado and Kida in the Russian Sushi House, and it was already dark outside. This scenario has not been presented in previous episodes, so this scene couldn't have been a flashback to last ep's content.

Basically, AFAIK, this is how the current timeline (based on Mikado's arrival) looks like:
Day 00
Mikado arrives at Ikebukuro.Ep01 Rio kidnapping and failed suicide takes place.Ep02

Day 01
Anri and Mikado get elected as class representatives. Anri spots neck-injury-girl for the first time, gets bullied, runs into Izaya, and then Shizou soon after.Ep03 Shinra's documentary may have been recorded during this time (optimal, assuming no days were skipped so far), as Rio already has her new look and the bully got a new bag and cellphone. Assuming this, Shinra told the street artist that his drawing was fine without a head either in the morning or the day before, while Celty was searching for the street artist the whole day.Ep04

Day 02
Mikado and Kida run into Anri on the way to school (Mikado refers to the Izaya vs Shizou incident as taking place "the other day"), and they walk together through awkward silence. Mikado and Kida learn about Harima, and in the afternoon Kida asks Dotachin's group about the Dollars. Double slasher incident happens at night.Ep05

Day 03
Mikado and Kida run into Anri on the way to school, but this time they can be seen having a regular conversation.Ep05 It is possible that this is continued in Ep06, where the three can be seen eating after school in the Russian Sushi House, and talking about Harima. Assuming continuity from Ep05: Apparently, today is also the 50% off day for the Russian Sushi House. The Kaztano incident takes place in the afternoon, and into the night.Ep06

Day 04
Information is tortured out of Fat Kidnapper. Dotachin's group arrives at Yagiri Pharmacy.Ep06

Note that if Ep06 does not continue directly from the day Ep05 ended, then Day03 and Day04 can be moved to Day<03+x> and Day<04+x>, where x is the number of days between events at the end of Ep05 (morning meet and greet, walk and talk) and the 50% off day of the Russian Sushi House.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
Is it a railgun reference when the 3 people drink milk ?
Supposedly, they are otaku, so it might be a possibility.

Last edited by Ice Block; 2010-02-16 at 11:28. Reason: Ep03 and Ep04 merged
Ice Block is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 00:41   Link #999
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

1000 posts for 6 eps - I'd think we're getting pretty close to sufficient popularity for a sub-forum.

On balance, this is the best series of the winter season. When you consider all aspects - writing, animation, voice cast - this is a premiere effort that any of the major studios would be proud to call their own.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 01:46   Link #1000
Kagura89

Wow,this episode is amazing & full of lulz moment
The Otaku groups are revealed to be Dollars,that really unbelievable..
Kaztanoo indeed a weird immigrant but very interesting man.
The idol,her appearance reminds me of a certain character..
Not to mention Celty watching alien TV show is funny
Walker & Erika are my favorite otaku duo

Anyone feels that the BGM in the end is cool,jazz+violin=awesome
Kagura89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, light novel adaptation, shounen