AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-03-20, 23:11   Link #41
daliinn

......Mojojojo from the power puff girls. Does that response count as legit?
daliinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 23:16   Link #42
ChainLegacy
廉頗

The best villians are insane.

My favorites:

Legato Bluesummers from Trigun

and

Akabane Kuroudo from Get Backers.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 23:35   Link #43
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdupree
The greatest villian is King Hamdo from Now and Then, Here and There. When I think of great villian, I think of a villian I don't want this guy to win. I want him dead. I am the type of guy who goes for Darth Vader in Star Wars. I love villians. I just hated this guy. I was so happy when he finally died.
King Hamdo is just insane! I mean, he smacks around Shu for about 3 minutes straight with a smile on his face. He is just obsessed with himself. Oh, get mad, kill cat....
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 00:08   Link #44
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Hmm I agree with all the vilains Vicious already pointed out but I add :

Kurei from Flame of Recca.
Desty Nova from Battle Angel Alita aka Gunnm.
Seishiro Sakurazukamori from Tokyo Babylon & X.
Akabane Kuroudo from Get Backers.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 02:17   Link #45
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daliinn
......Mojojojo from the power puff girls. Does that response count as legit?
american anime is still anime. and that is one damn good example, "mwahahahaha, i-have-taken-this-priceless-vase-for-myself-without-paying" CLASSIC! XD
also [i[Him[/i] is pretty good one too on that show, it is insanely sadistic what he is putting a bunch a preschooler's through.

but as for some of my favs:
Knives from trigun, personally i hated trigun (mostly because vash's pacifistic ways pissed me off), but i have to admit this is one of the best villans out there (kinda worked that way with darth vador from star wars, i never became a fanboy of star wars, but i could not deny that darth vador is the best villan ever... but i'm talking about general anime here, so back on subject)
Dr. Jackal from get backers, you could never tell if he was good or bad, but he always baaaad. killing so calmly with a sadist's smile is always beautiful, but he was untouchable and he knew it!
Hiosuke from hunter x hunter, this guy reminds me of jackal (at least in the manga, i never saw the anime.) but this guy is much more creepy, his obsession with young boys is behond the creepyness of orochimaru... at least oro never stood naked in front of sasuke, legs spread and his hands on his hips. *shudders*~~~~
almost every villan from naruto. i swear, this show is more interesting for the antagonists than the protagonists. Zabuza, Gaara, Oro, Itachi... these villians are all so well done, each one of them dangerous in thier own way, each one of them evil in thier own way, each one of them a bad ass in thier own way.

BUT, it is hard to compare these guys to my fav, this is a guy that is so scary and dangerous, that he was the center of the seemingly invicible (as someone said before me) Spike's bad dreams. matching spike in every way, and cheating death as many times as Spike. the climactic end of this villian left me without a shadow of a doubt... Vicious is the best anime villian out there.
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 04:36   Link #46
Meier
A Beck anime? SWOON!

Johann from Monster in a few weeks. Otherwise, Griffisu from Berserk.
Meier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 10:57   Link #47
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Yeah, two people agree with me on Akabane Kuroudo AKA Dr. Jackal. That guy was awesome.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 10:58   Link #48
DAK

Send a message via ICQ to DAK Send a message via AIM to DAK Send a message via MSN to DAK Send a message via Yahoo to DAK
definitely Akabane from get backers. That man was amazing
DAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 14:03   Link #49
Spirit Chicken!

Send a message via AIM to Spirit Chicken!
Cool

My all time nods...so far anyways..
Dr. Muraki- Yami no Matsuei was definitely one of the darkest series to come out in a long time...despite the desserts fetish...this guy was totally off of it...mix Aion, with Oro and Hisoka and you pretty much get Muraki...hell if you think oro and hisoka can compar on the "young boys" side of it...Muraki annihilates them on depravity and debauchery alone.
Dr jackal- the man was powerful, cool, sadistic, and could ruin pretty much anyone without even trying.
Vincent- Cowboy Bebop the movie really impressed me with this guy..strong,smart, and quite tough...would've loved to see how a fight between him and Vicious would have went.
Kagame Myouji: Possibly not his name, still waiting on that box set, but the final villain in Scryed was positively evil.
Hanma Yujiro: Hmm..killed his wife, kills when bored, kills the defenseless...you get the idea.
Shin: From Fist of the North Star goodness...he was the first to teach us the consequences of getting into a pissing contest involving obsession with the protagonist, Kenshiro. Went out kinda weakm but one smooth innovator of the villain school none the less.
...several more out there, and I hope the best are yet to come.
Spirit Chicken! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 15:18   Link #50
Kenji
Dream Navigator

Send a message via ICQ to Kenji
Vicious is THE villan. He has a great attitude
Kenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 17:35   Link #51
El Diablo

Send a message via AIM to El Diablo Send a message via MSN to El Diablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Diablo
Hisoka. He kills for fun, he lives his whole live to enjoy himself. That and he somehow manages to make pedophilia seem funny. He also eats part of his own arm. Is he a genius or just insane?

Johan from Monster. I personally prefer him over Friend from 20th century boys simply because he has so much damn style.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 17:58   Link #52
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo
He also eats part of his own arm. Is he a genius or just insane?
yea, that was great.... i gained infinate respect for him there!
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 00:28   Link #53
TamaNeko

Most beloved anime/manga villain ever?

Out of all the villains out there, who would be the one that's been most beloved and adored?
TamaNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 00:49   Link #54
jedinat

I always liked Sesshomaru from Inuyasha... but then, he's not really a villain. I can't think of anyone else.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 13:04   Link #55
shiro83

Muraki from Yami no Matsuei. He is the most twisted villian I can think of.
shiro83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 16:00   Link #56
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Shishio (Rurouni Kenshin) and Bakura (Yugioh), the reasons I stated in this thread is pretty much the same.

Orochimaru (Naruto), he has a pretty cool voice , and also smart\strong.

Vincent (Cowboy Bebop: The Movie), IMO he did more damage than Vicious and he beat Spike pretty easily, so I think he's a better villain.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 19:15   Link #57
PaPe
The chibi mistress

In my opinion the best villains as the incarnation of evil are:
King Hamdo from Now and then, here and there. (Batshit crazy but still totally evil)
Griffith from Berserk.
Johan from Monster.
Special mention for Kakugo Hagakure grandfather (wins against Doctor Hell as the most inhuman, fictional, Second World War criminal) and Killer the Butcher (even with the final revelation the human bombs always disturbed me).

The best villain in planning and intentions is Gendo Ikari for the reasons stated by Mr. Paper.
PaPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 04:06   Link #58
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Hm.....I can't come up with a solid answer. I'll just name a few.

Hadlar of Dai no Daibouken. : Hadlar is the man. I personally believe that in the history of shounen/RPG mangas, there's no villian greater than him. Starting out as a regular evil cold-hearted commander figure full of pride, the story really develops on how he is often upstaged by the good guys, and his position threatened by the greater powers. His character development on how he sacrificed his life-force just to be able to defeat his enemy, his realization on his previous mistakes as a useless commander, the loyalty of his 5 chess troopers towards his sake, and his final moments in the embrace of his one true rival puts him as one of the most awesome villains ever. Vearn is crap compared to him.

Raoh of Hokuto no Ken : A man of the iron-fist. His thoughts and ambitions of the world is unique in the sense that of his ideal world. His backstory of his growth and his ambition to achieve the sky makes him a truly simple, yet interesting villian. And despite his tough character, he's easily one of the nicest villains in the sense that he never simply kills any enemies, and respects the people as people, not like animals. He drew both respect and fear from his men. His final battle with Ken and his final moments with no regret solidifies him as one of the greatest villians ever.

Dio Brando of Jojo's Bizzare Adventure. He's the embodiment of every single evil aspect of any villian, and his character is always kept in decent doses. He doesn't stand out much as a villian, but his character stands out as he rises from a simple teenager to a young man who planned to kill his foster brother and father, to a man possesed by the power of the stone mask into the man that controlled time. And even after his death, his presence is still eternally felt throughout Jojo's Bizzare Adventure.

Of course, there's a lot of other great villians like Friend, Johan, etc but I personally feel there's more to great villian than being evil, cruel, cold-hearted, etc.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 19:53   Link #59
BountyHunterB

Vicious is my number 1 choice but it seems every one forgot one guy... i dont know if this counts as anime, but i think that sephiroth is still crazyer. I mean only cloud was able to touch that guy. (after training and leveling up) plus i cant say no to a heartless god like person with magical powers, long katana and long grey hair.
BountyHunterB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 23:16   Link #60
Rurik
Golden

I have to say Orochimaru, This dude Twisted mentallity calls your attention, he even Represents an Animal that is associated with evil.