Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-19, 01:21   Link #41
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Actually, I was mistaking the Koala for an elephant, not the Zebra (I was till making a mistake, just a different one from what you are commenting on ).

Still, great designs. While I wouldn't mind if they were Zoan users, I am unsure why they would appear so misshapen. Other humans that have eaten Zoans have the ability to turn into a near replica of their animal, as well one other partial transformation where certain attributes are enhanced. These guys look to messed up to be humans posing as other animals, and they cannot be animals posing as humans considering that Chopper already ate the Hito Hito no Mi (unless there is some weird variations of the "Human Human Fruit"). I guess they could be the hybrid forms, but they still look to messed up to be adequete examples of hybrids for the various species.
I don't think that would be the first repeat of a Devil Fruit we have encountered, or at least similar fruits.
Remember WAY back during the Alabastor war? Mr.4's dog Lasso was originally a gun that ate the Inu Inu no Mi, or Dog Dog Fruit. In that same arc we met Chaka. Who also ate a Inu Inu no Mi. There seemed to be different kinds of fruits though. Lasso ate the Model Dachshund, and Chaka ate the Model Jackal.
I guess since there are similar animals in the same family, like how Eastern elephants are different then African elephants. They are still elephants. Though with differences in body shapes and ears.
Just as Peirre ate the Uma Uma no Mi, Horse Horse Fruit. There could still be a Shimauma Shimauma no Mi, Zebra Zebra Fruit.
Old 2009-02-19, 01:29   Link #42
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

^Fruits are labeled with two repeating Japanese characters.
シマウマシマウマの実 is impossible. It would be: ウマウマの実 モデル:シマウマ(ゼブラ)

This rule is phonetic, as ニキュニキュの実 has proven.
Old 2009-02-19, 02:21   Link #43
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
^Fruits are labeled with two repeating Japanese characters.
シマウマシマウマの実 is impossible. It would be: ウマウマの実 モデル:シマウマ(ゼブラ)

This rule is phonetic, as ニキュニキュの実 has proven.
BTW, Aohige, I couldn't laugh and notice that it states no One Piece next week.
Old 2009-02-19, 03:17   Link #44
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
BTW, Aohige, I couldn't laugh and notice that it states no One Piece next week.
Yes, that is correct.

....But I don't understand how that's related to anything I said.
Old 2009-02-19, 03:50   Link #45
29pav

other stuff

i might sound stupid but if shanks beats kaidou & white beards fleet still heads towards either impel down or plaza of Marineford u would think that monkey d Dragon would do somethin to stop his son from bein executed dont ur
Old 2009-02-19, 06:30   Link #46
29pav

bigger plan

the revolutionalist are trying to over throw the world government if white beard attacks the navy he will either win or seriously deal a massive blow to their power & numbers, the revolutionalist could swing in & wipe them out if not then the straw hats will just a though

p.s who do you recken the match ups will be white beard vs the blue pheaseant marco vs garp plus their are other pirates joining white in his fight with the wg
Old 2009-02-19, 06:43   Link #47
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
We don't know much about this man. He could be the kind of person, who is willing to sacrifice a relative, for the greater good. If he has some kind of long-time plan, he may not be willing to act.
Well, has anyone ever really died in this story that wasn't from a flashback to previous events? There possible was that one Baroques Works guy, but they never really said he was dead. Just that she was found shot. How many times was Kohza shot and still survived alright?
I can't really recall of anyone being dead.
Look at Pell. He was point blank at a bomb that could destroy a 5 kilometer range. Yet still somehow survived. If that doesn't kill someone I'm not sure what will. Even Robin took Crocodile's hook through the chest.

I would think the only 'death' of any character in the series would be the Going Merry, but her soul was resurrected in the Thousand Sunny and the Mini Merry.

There was that man who tried to escape and had his collar blow up, but despite an explosion around his neck his head was still there and he seemed to still be live. He was then shot. Still, as I pointed out above that people seem to survive ridiculous amounts of damage in this series.
Old 2009-02-19, 08:29   Link #48
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Well, I honestly can say I'm surprised about Kaidou attacking Whitebeard for no apparent reason. It really doesn't make any sense. In stead of helping the World Government, he should probably have provided a helping front to enable Whitebeard to fleck them up.

I understand that the Yonkou might compete, but...

But it could also be that Kaidou thinks that as a Yonkou, een if the World Government takes out one of his peers, he wouldn't be affected. He might be really arrogant, for all we know.

All things considered, I'm glad to see Shanks back in action. We all know he couldn't have died in the Whitebeard clash. Although I was worried a little bit. I also had theorised that Luffy would meet Shanks again during, or immediately after this arc.

It's all very credible. Something has to happen with Shanks at the centre or else the whole Yonkou thing would be kind of lacking. We also need to know how strong each of the other Yonkou are compared to Whitebeard.

I'm so excited about this new phase and how Oda will handle it. So far, I like how he's handled this loose cannon called Haki; He's taking his time and really structuring it, and letting it be known that it's for the Elites. The refined. The cream of the crop.

And the new Yonkou age will shake the foundations of the OP Universe. There's going to be a trembling felt throughout the world...I can feel it. It's really anxiety-inducing. The biggest and best fights: the strongest people. The best of the best.

Yup: 500 chapters and not slowing down. Just getting better.

Awwww man. And as a small note, I think that, whether Logia or Paramecia, Magellan will be almost impossible to beat. Luffy is a melee fighter: Even if Magellan's not logia, I'm sure he can secrete poison from his skin. Punches could be fatal. Anything could happen. In the end, Luffy might have to win by using Mr. 3's Doru Doru to buffer himself against the poison, and attack at full strength: the Doru Doru would only last maybe a second on the real Furnace floor.

Anyway: patience, patience...

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2009-02-19, 09:11   Link #49
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29pav View Post
i might sound stupid but if shanks beats kaidou & white beards fleet still heads towards either impel down or plaza of Marineford u would think that monkey d Dragon would do somethin to stop his son from bein executed dont ur
There is no battle between Shanks and Kaidou. The text said a skirmish, and after that nothing major happened.

I have no doubt at all that Dragon will make his apperance pretty soon. I'm sure he'd like to lend WB a hand, because It'd be for the benefit of his revolution if the WG started to crumble.
Old 2009-02-19, 10:16   Link #50
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
I think what others have been getting at with this one is that why is Kaidou attacking Whitebeard now - why not just leave that to the Marines and Shichibukai...

Some possible answers to this would be: (1) Kaidou actually thinks he can taken out Whitebeard and doesn't want the Marines / Shichibukai to get the credit. (2) This is more of a diversion - he wants to distract Whitebeard and slightly reduce his forces to increase the chance that Whitebeard does in fact lose to the Marines. (3) It's not that unusual for Kaidou to attack Whitebeard from time to time (what is unusual is for Shanks to intervene).

I sorta had #2 in mind myself, but I kinda doubt that Kaidou's attack was intended to be a "distraction". As I said before, if he attacked Whitebeard when he least expects it, he could deal a pretty heavy blow to the old man's forces. I don't think he would be able to do much to Newgate himself, but if Kaidou and his crew take out.... say, a few commanders, then that would certainly give the marines and Shichibukai a somewhat easier time......

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Well, has anyone ever really died in this story that wasn't from a flashback to previous events? There possible was that one Baroques Works guy, but they never really said he was dead. Just that she was found shot. How many times was Kohza shot and still survived alright?
I can't really recall of anyone being dead.
Look at Pell. He was point blank at a bomb that could destroy a 5 kilometer range. Yet still somehow survived. If that doesn't kill someone I'm not sure what will. Even Robin took Crocodile's hook through the chest.

I would think the only 'death' of any character in the series would be the Going Merry, but her soul was resurrected in the Thousand Sunny and the Mini Merry.

There was that man who tried to escape and had his collar blow up, but despite an explosion around his neck his head was still there and he seemed to still be live. He was then shot. Still, as I pointed out above that people seem to survive ridiculous amounts of damage in this series.

We've had a few deaths in the "present" before. In the very first chapter, Lucky Roux (that fat guy from Shanks' crew) shot a bandit dead. Also, that bandit leader got eaten by the sea king that took Shanks' arm, remember? Next, when Buggy was introduced, he blew up one of his own men with a cannonball (ironically, Buggy doesn't kill that guy in the anime version). Also, I think that Don Krieg shot one of his own men dead, but I'm not really certain about that one....

So yes, we have had deaths in the "present" time, even if they chiefly occurred in the earlier points of the series. However, I still believe that we'll bear witness to Whitebeard's death..... after all, the death of a legendary pirate like him would have a much stronger impact than the deaths of those other minor pirates (like Devil Diaz or that dude from the auction house who bit off his tongue),,,,,
Old 2009-02-19, 13:19   Link #51
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
I think what others have been getting at with this one is that why is Kaidou attacking Whitebeard now - why not just leave that to the Marines and Shichibukai...

Some possible answers to this would be: (1) Kaidou actually thinks he can taken out Whitebeard and doesn't want the Marines / Shichibukai to get the credit. (2) This is more of a diversion - he wants to distract Whitebeard and slightly reduce his forces to increase the chance that Whitebeard does in fact lose to the Marines. (3) It's not that unusual for Kaidou to attack Whitebeard from time to time (what is unusual is for Shanks to intervene).
I'm believing #2 myself. Is it a possibility that Kaidou is working with the WG? Im thinking that he is doing this to have a better realtionship with the WG after Whitebeard falls.Enemy of my enemy is friend type situation. Maybe Shanks found out about a deal and stepped in. Of course I could be wrong as this is speculation.

Another thought occured, but maybe Kaidou doesn't want Whitebeared to fight the WG, and he cares about the balance that he brings to the Grand Line. Thats a slim possiblity considering What Croc said, and rats seem to know other rats.
Old 2009-02-19, 13:21   Link #52
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Yes, that is correct.

....But I don't understand how that's related to anything I said.
Well you had Japanese class in session so I thought I would ask you to confirm what it says in japanese concerning OP release next week.

I appreciate that.
Old 2009-02-19, 14:24   Link #53
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
We've had a few deaths in the "present" before. In the very first chapter, Lucky Roux (that fat guy from Shanks' crew) shot a bandit dead. Also, that bandit leader got eaten by the sea king that took Shanks' arm, remember? Next, when Buggy was introduced, he blew up one of his own men with a cannonball (ironically, Buggy doesn't kill that guy in the anime version). Also, I think that Don Krieg shot one of his own men dead, but I'm not really certain about that one....

So yes, we have had deaths in the "present" time, even if they chiefly occurred in the earlier points of the series. However, I still believe that we'll bear witness to Whitebeard's death..... after all, the death of a legendary pirate like him would have a much stronger impact than the deaths of those other minor pirates (like Devil Diaz or that dude from the auction house who bit off his tongue),,,,,
I believe the bandits who died still fall under the category of flashback. Those were past events that explained how Luffy got started.
Also, just because someone is in an explosion in this series it doesn't always mean certain death. Just look at Pell. That was point blank with a giant bomb, but still survived. He was back at the palace by the time the crew left the island.
Kreig shot some of his crew, but Kohza was shot several times.
Don Krieg also used poison gas and Gin took a full dose of that MH5 poison. Though he was given an antidote.
As for the pirate captain who bit off his tongue. Last we saw him he was still alive. I think that was mainly just a story point to show just how horrible the life of these slaves are.
Old 2009-02-19, 14:49   Link #54
marvelB

As far as the bandits are concerned, it was a flashback in the anime, but not the manga. But as far as that guy from Buggy's crew goes, I'm pretty sure he bit the dust. Pell could survive the explosion from Crocodile's bomb thanks to his speed in his Zoan form, but.... Buggy literally held that one dude right in front of the cannon when he blew him up (though he actually spares that guy's life in the anime, as I said before). Maybe if that scene were shown in the more recent chapters that guy would have survived, but Oda wasn't quite as forgiving to the nameless grunts in the series' early years......

Oh, and back on topic: I'm actually a little surprised that Luffy has yet to ask Buggy about his days as a member of Gold Roger's crew (I mean, Rayleigh DID tell him about Buggy back at Sabaody). I guess it slipped his mind since he's so concerned about Ace, but I still expect Luffy to bring up the subject at some point during this storyline.....
Old 2009-02-19, 15:57   Link #55
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Oh, and back on topic: I'm actually a little surprised that Luffy has yet to ask Buggy about his days as a member of Gold Roger's crew (I mean, Rayleigh DID tell him about Buggy back at Sabaody). I guess it slipped his mind since he's so concerned about Ace, but I still expect Luffy to bring up the subject at some point during this storyline.....
I don't think Luffy is smart enough to ask a question like that.
Old 2009-02-19, 17:39   Link #56
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I would rather think he would have forgotten about that but then Luffy tends to remember stuff thats the most important things to him.

altho like it said maybe now isn't the best of times to be asking such a question...but then again this is OP and asking a such a question at such a time wouldn't be out of place
Old 2009-02-19, 22:44   Link #57
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Because Whitebeard is so highly respected by his followers, an outsider like Shanks must give him the same level of respect, or it will be disrespectful to his followers and himself. And Shanks was being disrespectfulful, he went on the ship with his Haki extended, knocking out a portion of Whitebeard's crew. Whitebeard has to at least draw his weapon in respect of his sons for this matter.
Shanks didn't show any disrespect to Whitebeard at all. When he boarded Whitebeard's ship, he unleashed his haki because he was now in enemy territory. He was being cautious, that's all. Furthermore, Whitebeard personally invited Shanks to come and see him regarding the matter between Ace and Blackbeard. It's not like Shanks forcefully made his entry onto Whitebeard's ship, Whitebeard was already expecting him. And Shanks wasn't the one who instigated their fight, it was that stubborn old fool Whitebeard. Shanks warned Whitebeard of the potential threat Blackbeard possesses, and it was because of that threat that he advised Whitebeard to call back Ace. Shanks feared and knew good and well what the repercussions would be if those two crossed paths, and so he pleaded with Whitebeard to stop Ace from further pursuing Blackbeard (his only request). But then what does Whitebeard do? He laughs at this serious matter and has the audacity to insult and belittle Shanks by telling him he's too young to be giving him advice. Subsequent to this, Whitebeard intentionally throws the booze container Shanks gave him right back at Shanks, forcing Shanks to dodge it with incredible speed/reflexes. Only after this provocation did Shanks draw his sword and clash it against Whitebeard's spear.

So in the end, Whitebeard's pride and arrogance have created a big mess in the balance/stability of the One Piece world. A full scale war is now soon to take place concerning all three world powers just because of his stubbornness and stupidity. This is why this old fart needs to die and pass the torch onto the newer generation.
Old 2009-02-19, 22:59   Link #58
james0246

^Actually, Blackbeard's pride and arrogance created the current instability...

Old 2009-02-19, 23:15   Link #59
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
So in the end, Whitebeard's pride and arrogance have created a big mess in the balance/stability of the One Piece world. A full scale war is now soon to take place concerning all three world powers just because of his stubbornness and stupidity. This is why this old fart needs to die and pass the torch onto the newer generation.
first of all, what is with the WB hate???

then WB sent Ace baecause BB killed one of his crew members. he sent ace so the wrong can be righted... "an eye for an eye, ect.....". it is a code in his ship. and Shanks was telling him how to run his crew. Shanks did have good intentions but, in the end he was still tellin WB how to run his crew. asking politly does not change that fact.

WB is a very honorable person and he live by the laws that he created for his crew. all of them are like family and that can be said for many of the crews in the OP world. they all would die for there family.

as for passing on the torch to the next generation i guess it would be time, but i still would like to see him not die at the end.
Old 2009-02-19, 23:17   Link #60
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Actually, Blackbeard's pride and arrogance created the current instability...

It's true that Blackbeard certainly has a hand in this current instability (he is the wrench in the gears after all ), but Whitebeard is really the one responsible for this upcoming war. Had he taken heed of Shanks' warning to call back Ace, none of this would have happened. Now the "rampaging era" is soon to begin just like Shanks had foreseen. In an alternative scenario, if Blackbeard were to have found Luffy and defeat him, worst case scenario would be that the Strawhats would have to rescue him from the clutches of the World Government along with a possible intervention from both Shanks and Dragon. Even though Luffy was originally Blackbeard's target to get him accepted into the shichibukai, I really doubt this would've happened successfully since Luffy is the main character and quite frankly the strawhats could not possibly hope to rescue him from the clutches of the World Goverment. He would most likely die which simply cannot happen.