AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-12, 21:24   Link #501
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

The setting was really foreign to me, as someone who was expecting something closer to E7, but that feeling quickly went away as I learned to accept this new setting.

That being said, this has tons of stuff I like. Mecha fights, a promise of intrigue and conflict of some sort, a protagonist who's willing to stand up for himself, a childhood friend, and cute girls . I can't wait to see where they go with this.

I didn't realize it until I watched this episode, but this season is amazing.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 21:47   Link #502
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Uh, I'm lost in the setting of this anime. It's a sequel to the first E7, but how come all the continents, technology, and governments are from the old Earth appear in the anime? The one thing I can say for sure, is that it does feel like a E7 anime.
Old 2012-04-12, 21:58   Link #503
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

My expectations were low from reading the manga, but this episode was excellent. This definitely feels like Eureka Seven. Can't wait for more.
velocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 21:59   Link #504
karuroso

err...the original e7 didn't used normal countries names nor our calendar but now is using it? teh hell Bones? doesn't make any sense at all how even the people from the time of the series knows those names D= or I'm missing something? The only part regarding this that I remember is that the continents became what they once were at the end when the coral left the planet, or so I think it was like that =X
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 22:32   Link #505
mochichan

I liked Eureka so I was kinda thrown off that things changed but over all the first ep is pretty good
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 22:57   Link #506
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
Uh, I'm lost in the setting of this anime. It's a sequel to the first E7, but how come all the continents, technology, and governments are from the old Earth appear in the anime? The one thing I can say for sure, is that it does feel like a E7 anime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso
err...the original e7 didn't used normal countries names nor our calendar but now is using it? teh hell Bones? doesn't make any sense at all how even the people from the time of the series knows those names D= or I'm missing something? The only part regarding this that I remember is that the continents became what they once were at the end when the coral left the planet, or so I think it was like that =X
This is a guess, so I'm gonna write it under spoiler tags, but...

Spoiler for guessing:

That would make AO a sequel, but a sequel taking place in the past.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 23:20   Link #507
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Not being a E7 fan, I found the episode okay. I'll probably keep with this too, but I probably won't pay as much attention as the other two Thursday shows on Noitamina (there are just way too many good anime airing this season). This just better be self-contained.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 23:59   Link #508
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Loved the first ep. Just as an anime on its own, regardless of the original. Really effective in many ways, it seemed to me. The connection to the original even adds to that.

Miyamoto Kanako, who plays Naru, has done more idol work up to now, but had a real breakout role as Fuu's little brother in Tamayura. Her voice has that amateurish flatness sometimes, but she also conveys feeling and personality.

Motoshiro Yuutarou, who plays Ao, is only 15, but has had a role or two a year since he was eight. He was excellent.

And I also liked the ED. I was enjoying it when I saw the credits go by with the name of Stereopony, whose OP for Darker than Black 2 I loved.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 00:09   Link #509
rpgman1

Found this episode quite interesting since I watch the original E7. There are still mysteries left unresolved anyway and glad E7 still continues.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 00:16   Link #510
Jarmel

On its own it's fine, however this makes no sense as a sequel to the original unless timetravel or alternate dimension jumping is involved. Also not sure where they're going with the plot as it seems leaving Okinawa should happen sooner rather than later.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 01:30   Link #511
webkid94
*Author

Don't get the hate for the ED, it's not that bad.

Anyways, I'm liking this already. The first series was a big pile of 'meh', and I didn't care for Renton or Eureka. Ao is doing a better job of me not having to smash my fist through the monitor. Too much terminology, that's the big problem with this show is that it loves to throw out so much stuff and hardly explain some of it.
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 01:38   Link #512
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Wait - I thought it was already decided that this was a disaster? What happened?? Did they bother to air it anyway?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 01:40   Link #513
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i think we need a sub thread for the Eureka series
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 01:43   Link #514
MasterVampire

Any groups subbing this?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 01:49   Link #515
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

before i start watching ,is this a sequel or what? I have never watch the previous E7 series before.
Old 2012-04-13, 01:56   Link #516
rpgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
Any groups subbing this?
gg is subbing the series and have already did the 1st episode.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 01:59   Link #517
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
before i start watching ,is this a sequel or what? I have never watch the previous E7 series before.
It's listed as a sequel, but at the moment, your guess is as good as die-hard fans as to where this will actually sit. But you won't get the subtle visual references without a knowledge of the first series. I don't think you'll miss anything, at least through episode 1.

As for the first episode, it's nice that Dai Sato is back for this. Though I'm not sure why he went for a pen name for this. My guess is there will be some specific meaning behind it. Like all of his character names. If it this somehow isn't Sato's work, someone is doing a very good job mimicking him. These characters feel like they jump right out of Eureka 7. (Which I was watching today in anticipation, haha)
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 02:28   Link #518
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Wait - I thought it was already decided that this was a disaster? What happened?? Did they bother to air it anyway?
I'm still expecting this to be a wreck at the end when it comes to the writing. The directing and production values are certainly there but we'll see how they handle the big twist.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 02:29   Link #519
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
As for the first episode, it's nice that Dai Sato is back for this. Though I'm not sure why he went for a pen name for this.
Uh, what? Citation needed on that.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 09:24   Link #520
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

That was great. Have largely avoided the thread and drama of people predicting whether a show is going to be good or not, so don't have any of that baggage.

Ao is already about a billion times more palatable than Renton ever was, and I still thought Eureka Seven was excellent, so now I have high hopes for Astral Ocean.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen