AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-05-31, 12:55   Link #1401
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollosol View Post
I can't believe all of you aren't heralding this new Anime as undoubtably one of the greatest animes of ALL TIME! IN 8 EPISODES NO LESS!

>
There's not enough of the following: Sexually suggestive lolis(small children), panty shots(especially of these children), weak, dorky, loser main male character, same character getting attention from all the hot girls for some reason, same character being oblivious about all these girls liking him, more panty shots, high pitched annoying female character that likes to physically abuse the main character, more panty shots, a swimsuit episode to show off the bodies of the 14-15 year old female characters in the series, a 3 minute belly dancing scene of these same said characters in the skimpiest most non-traditional belly dancing clothing ever, the character mind as well just be wearing a bikini with "veils", a scene where ridiculously buff transvestites chase the main character and plant kisses on him, blushing. . .lots lots of blushing, female character that abuses the male character physically, hits him a lot, but actually deep down loves him, an evil guy with gray/white hair, smirking a lot showing the audience that he indeed is the bad guy, onsen scenes with a guys getting caught for peeking on the girls' side, main character "Accidentally" falling on the girl(or vice versa) in a sexually suggestive pose, usually with one hand on a boob, resulting in the main character getting "embarrassed" and getting beat up by the female character who secretly liked it. Have a female character do something physically impossible (like wearing huge armor and a giant fucking sword weighing twice as much as the female character. . .instead of hear wearing a short sword and assassin type clothing, and killing enemies with speed and precision) and and I forget: brother x sister incest, brother sister incest which turns out to be "ok" because they found out that they aren't *really* related *wink wink*

All of this and more like it(think chihayafuru without the Karuta) and you will have the greatest show of all time.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 14:21   Link #1402
darklegends8

Only problem I had with stills was the stair well into Reiner's joke, it was very long and kind of killed the joke a bit.
darklegends8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 09:46   Link #1403
Beaver897

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
[url]Vol12 is scheduled for December. So they're probably going to wait until the horrifying production nightmare of the TV series ends in October before working on the OAD. Lololol.
So what's a non-horrifying production nightmare to you?

And it seems like a lot of people here are getting spoiled, really. Count your blessings, people, because I'm pretty sure that almost no other production company or any remake will adapt the manga almost word for word like the current series does.

What it looks like to me is that people are focusing more on the imperfections of the anime than what it's doing right. So your immersion was apparently killed by some stills... and then you consider the whole anime series won't live up to your expectations anymore, because you're too good for stills. (In case you didn't know, I'm obviously exaggerating and being sarcastic a lot.)

People here could only wish that their favourite battle manga with a crappy anime adaptation was made by Wit Studio like SnK was. I'll leave F/SN to ufotable, though.

Let the people keep on hatin'!
Beaver897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 10:22   Link #1404
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver897 View Post
It may not be as bad as duckroll is putting it, but there is no denying that production-wise the show taking a hit for the budget's got (which is well documented). The staff seems to be weathering things well enough despite it's issues, but it's far from ideal situation. No hatin' here.

I think as long as the show doesn't get much worse than where it's at, the rest of the season should be okay. Especially since it's not a problem noticed by many people.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-06-01 at 10:39.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 11:00   Link #1405
chaos_alfa

Quote:

And it seems like a lot of people here are getting spoiled, really. Count your blessings, people, because I'm pretty sure that almost no other production company or any remake will adapt the manga almost word for word like the current series does.

What it looks like to me is that people are focusing more on the imperfections of the anime than what it's doing right. So your immersion was apparently killed by some stills... and then you consider the whole anime series won't live up to your expectations anymore, because you're too good for stills. (In case you didn't know, I'm obviously exaggerating and being sarcastic a lot.)

People here could only wish that their favourite battle manga with a crappy anime adaptation was made by Wit Studio like SnK was. I'll leave F/SN to ufotable, though.

I think duckroll meant "horrifying production nightmare " for the studio rather than the viewers.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 13:22   Link #1406
Helius

Quote:
Not gonna go against you being an apologist, but nobody's "hatin'" around here.

It's fairly settled that this is THE top show of the season and as such there're bound to be production problems which attract a lot more attention than one nobody cares about. But that doesn't mean people "hate" the show, far from it. It just means they expect perfection from a show that's actually capable of achieving it but alas didn't. It's a tasty cake, just missing a cherry is all.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 20:48   Link #1407
Blonto

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
brother x sister incest, brother sister incest which turns out to be "ok" because they found out that they aren't *really* related *wink wink*
So glad I'm not the only one who hates this beyond belief.

But seriously, the reason why this show is not "the greatest anime of all time" is the fact that it's so far fairly unoriginal. Sure the idea of the world is pretty new, but the execution is typically shounen. The titans are basically XXL zombies. They have no thoughts, no emotions, no alliances, no history. The only point to their existence is to eat humans and be a threat. The main characters are pretty much shounen tropes. There's the sensitive one, the cold one and of course the main character completely obsessed with revenge and getting stronger. They're all something we've seen a ton of times already in similar shows and the simplicity of the whole conflict isn't exactly ideal for character development.

Don't get me wrong, the show is good and fun to watch, probably the only anime worth watching this season. But it's no masterpiece.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 20:48   Link #1408
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just watched this anime(ep.1 and 2). Man Iam hooked! Giant titans, medieval setting, mysteries and an action pack bloody anime.

Will watch this weekly.
Old 2013-06-02, 10:21   Link #1409
zztop

How many episodes is this series again?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 11:49   Link #1410
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
How many episodes is this series again?
25 episodes, and if we don't get an anime original ending there is a possibility of a second season over 2 years. That would about the time needed for the mangaka to create enough material for a new 25 episode season.
Old 2013-06-06, 16:31   Link #1411
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

I want to talk about it about the Title. It seemed to me there are two meanings to the Japanese and English title.

Shingeki no Kyojin (進撃の巨人) literally means "Advancing Giants". The story is on the surface about the Titans and how they are advancing on exterminating mankind. Upon first view that's the story we're getting.

However, the English sub-title is "Attack on Titan". Meaning, IN REALITY, the story is about how humans fight back against the Titans. Not just fighting as in "defending" against them, but actively attacking them. This is the real theme of the story as we will find out as it unfolds.

I just thought the Japanese/English word play is interesting.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 16:43   Link #1412
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
[...]a swimsuit episode to show off the bodies of the 14-15 year old female characters in the series, a 3 minute belly dancing scene of these same said characters in the skimpiest most non-traditional belly dancing clothing ever, the character mind as well just be wearing a bikini with "veils", a scene where ridiculously buff transvestites chase the main character and plant kisses on him, blushing[...]
Hey! These were just 2 of 9 Episodes. SnG at least keeps it at a limit and none of the other examples you stated apply to Gargantia either!

I completely agree about the rest though.
Old 2013-06-07, 01:35   Link #1413
Iron Maw
Banned

New OP and ED coming soon
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...d-cinema-staff

2nd OP's are rarely better than their first's, but it will be interesting to see if Linked Hozion can top themselves here.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 02:19   Link #1414
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
New OP and ED coming soon
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...d-cinema-staff

2nd OP's are rarely better than their first's, but it will be interesting to see if Linked Hozion can top themselves here.
horizon and sao did well with their second op.Let's hope the same for this one
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 06:52   Link #1415
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

the title itself is promising, I mean "wing of freedom" does sound really cool
Old 2013-06-07, 07:17   Link #1416
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
I want to talk about it about the Title. It seemed to me there are two meanings to the Japanese and English title.

Shingeki no Kyojin (進撃の巨人) literally means "Advancing Giants". The story is on the surface about the Titans and how they are advancing on exterminating mankind. Upon first view that's the story we're getting.

However, the English sub-title is "Attack on Titan". Meaning, IN REALITY, the story is about how humans fight back against the Titans. Not just fighting as in "defending" against them, but actively attacking them. This is the real theme of the story as we will find out as it unfolds.

I just thought the Japanese/English word play is interesting.

The problem is that "attack on Titan" is grammatically incorrect unless "Titan" refers to the Saturn's Moon (and it doesn't). So it's hard to tell whether the author actually intended it as "the battle against titans" or "fight on, Titans!"

It's not so easy to understand what an Engrish sentence is supposed to mean. I remember "Don't forget to try in mind" from the OP of Nadia.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 10:44   Link #1417
Breimoon

well, it is not only english. Even italian in mangas ,ln etc is not correct in most cases
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 11:57   Link #1418
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
well, it is not only english. Even italian in mangas ,ln etc is not correct in most cases
German too. You even hear that mistake in every Episode during the opening.
Old 2013-06-07, 13:56   Link #1419
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
The problem is that "attack on Titan" is grammatically incorrect unless "Titan" refers to the Saturn's Moon (and it doesn't). So it's hard to tell whether the author actually intended it as "the battle against titans" or "fight on, Titans!"

It's not so easy to understand what an Engrish sentence is supposed to mean. I remember "Don't forget to try in mind" from the OP of Nadia.
Well true, but I didn't take correct grammar usage too seriously for engrish. I just inferred that the author didn't make the mistake of using "on" instead of "of".

Plus I'm not a gramar nazi but I do remember sentences "Attack on Obama" or "Attack on Americans". I don't think it's so bad. The meaning is still there - it's an attack, and the object receiving the attack are Titans.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 14:05   Link #1420
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Well true, but I didn't take correct grammar usage too seriously for engrish. I just inferred that the author didn't make the mistake of using "on" instead of "of".

Plus I'm not a gramar nazi but I do remember sentences "Attack on Obama" or "Attack on Americans". I don't think it's so bad. The meaning is still there - it's an attack, and the object receiving the attack are Titans.
In that case he should have used the plural form, because now it sounds like only one titan is being attacked or someone called Titan is being attacked, but it mostly sound like Titan is a location.

Tags
action, dystopian, fantasy, post-apocalyptic, shounen, terror, tragedy, violence