AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-08-02, 09:22   Link #941
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

...I hope the Armored Core ideas can go back somewhere where JE can't find them.
Old 2011-08-03, 01:41   Link #942
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
^ An IS is way too broken to be beaten by an Armored Core, there would have to be a hundred, in the air, with nukes.
I'm gunning for slight realism here (there's a good reason I turned all the alien characters into humans, if strange ones), in my story, IS are way too overrated thanks to the unusually cooperative government and media that pressing the engineers to shut themselves off (IS CAN WIPE OUT JAPAN IN ONE SWIPE! MORE POWERFUL THAN WHOLE ARMY COMBINED! NOT EVEN NUKES STOP THEM!), meanwhile...

Spoiler for Next chapter:
Old 2011-08-03, 01:52   Link #943
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
Now, I've gone and done a new fic (the date one).

Cuz well, the last one I did wasn't very good, so I tried to make a better one.

The key word being 'tried'.

Well, here it is, for better or for worse:

Infinite Stratos:
Kamizame: the Newtype-Ninja-Combat-Baker

I know right?

Okay, so I tried to make him ore like me, well, these are the unfortunate results.

Still, feedback would be welcome.

Don't worry, my M-tendencies will kick in, give your worst.
I`m done reading that . How will your OC steal the data on Houki`s IS?
The one you made is fine.

As for my fanfic, I already have 5 chapters...now I`m gonna revise it

Last edited by Silver-Throne; 2011-08-08 at 08:32. Reason: revise; not revision
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 02:50   Link #944
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I guess Armored Core is to IS as Warhammer 40K and Nasuverse is to Nanoha... Crack that doesn't die when killed.
Old 2011-08-03, 02:54   Link #945
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Shiro: "I c-can't kill! People die if they're killed!"

Maniac: "No $#!@%^, Sherlock!"
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 03:14   Link #946
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I guess Armored Core is to IS as Warhammer 40K and Nasuverse is to Nanoha... Crack that doesn't die when killed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Shiro: "I c-can't kill! People die if they're killed!"

Maniac: "No $#!@%^, Sherlock!"
[Name classified]: "J-j-j-jam it in!"

Ichika: "You lost me"

*PA*

But back on topic, I decided to stay with crack antics and don't get serious too fast...though not as long as the Light novel...
Old 2011-08-03, 05:14   Link #947
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Next section de aru yo...
Quote:
Melbourne airport was pretty quiet for this time of the day. I'd flown out of Canberra and into Melbourne the same day that Sam talked to me, so I at least had a day of sleep by the time I turned up, expecting the arrival.

To be honest, I shouldn't have been surprised that the representative I was about to meet was the one from China. Despite conflicting ideologies, that nation has a good working relationship with us, and we exchange a lot of natural resources and technologies. I suppose it's no skin off their nose when the Chinese show off their IS technology, seeing that we Aussies only have the one, and China has...quite a few.

Trouble is, I've already heard of Fan Lin Yin.

The People's Republic of China had a prodigy on their hands when they took her in as their Representative Candidate. Pilot of the 3rd Generation Shenlong, with a proficiency at both close and long-range combat.

She was also known for having a pretty rotten temperament.

I didn't like that kind of girl. You know the type, the ones that have a boxcutter they try to drop on you whenever they're mad, or have a giant lumberjack's saw they aim at your neck when they're jealous? Not my type at all.

Why me? Something tells me this was not entirely Sam's doing. On the surface it seemed logical enough. The pilot candidate whose data we wanted to study was chinese, and I was of chinese descent while being an Australian citizen.

...except that I don't speak chinese. Hell, one of the reasons I live in Australia is because people speak english here. It'd be really awkward if she suddenly started speaking to me in Chinese.

Okay, here she comes.

I'm actually surprised; I was expecting her to come with an entourage of aides or even a group of chinese men in black surrounding her. As it is, she's alone with only a small bag on her shoulder.

And if the bag was small, the representative herself was even smaller. I thought students at IS Academy were supposed to be of high school age, sixteen years or thereabouts? I could have sworn the twin-ponytailed chinese girl in front of me was no older than ten--wait, why is she giving me that "I know what you're thinking and cut it out before I beat you to death with something big, metal and blunt" look?

"Are you the person I'm supposed to meet?" came her annoyed, disappointed tone of query.

I fumbled for my ASIO pass and showed it to her with a polite "Nihao."

...no, wait. That's chinese, not english, right? "I mean welcome to Australia, Miss Yin."

"My family name's Fan, not Yin." She replied. Okay, so I'm not winning any points at the moment--I could see why Sam was worried. Not two minutes into conversation and already this kid looked ready to destroy something. I'm fairly sure it wasn't me, and that she got off the plane from Japan already carrying this bad attitude.

"You're not waiting for anyone else?"

"No," Linyin seemed to have a short pause in her reply, as if she was hoping someone was with her, but then replied (quite arrogantly): "And I can handle a dirty old man like yourself if I need to."

Who are you calling a dirty old man? Sam told me to keep her happy, but I suddenly wanted to crack this kid's head in two. With a cricket bat. A spiked cricket bat. Argh.

"Your Shenlong IS has an appointment this afternoon with the testing group in Melbourne's Docklands. I'm not going to keep them waiting." I put my foot down on this. I don't know what her problem is, but those problems are becoming mine.

With what looked like a tired sigh of defeat Linyin shrugged: "Well, just let me freshen up a second, and then we'll go. Is that alright mister agency man?"

There was that smile that was utterly untrustworthy on her face.

I crossed my arms. "Fine."

Like a bolt, the girl headed over to the toilets, but I could still hear her muttering "Stupid Dirty Old Man" as she headed off.

I swear, I'll pull out that kid's ears. That's probably the reason why Sam got me to do this job; most every other ASIO case agent probably turned it down. Hell, they know more than I do about IS representatives, tech, and other nuances. They would have known Linyin was a pain in the backside to deal with.

While waiting for Linyin earlier this morning, I had done a bit of research on the other IS representatives that were surrounding this Orimura Ichika. Interesting characters, all of them. Japanese, German, Bloody English, oh and a pretty French Filly. Obviously the one I'd focused on was Charlotte Dunois.

Realizing that for the next two days I was stuck with a short and grouchy kid who was probably intent on spending her whole time in Australia grouchy and short, I had every right to be disappointed. Why couldn't it have been the French girl? She was damned easy on the eyes, and the ASIO reports indicated she was actually quite pleasant to speak to.

Pleasant, hell. If you were a normal functioning male, you would bend over backwards to get stuck with a woman like that. Drop-dead gorgeous blonde, wonderful to speak to, even tempered. Hell, I would have kissed Sam for the chance to show her around, if it had been offered. Ah, Cest La Vie. Trouble is that compared to me, they're still kids age-wise.

At least I took comfort in realizing that I wasn't stuck with the worst possible option: Britain's Cecilia Alcott. Asking an Australian to babysit a bloody pom would have been cruel and unusual punishment. Just because they won the Ashes--a Cricket game that has been going between Australia and England for ages--again last year, they never let us hear the end of it. As Cricket was one of the few sports in the world that men and solely men played, it's not easy accepting defeat.

By the way, I'm not a Cricket fan, but obviously I need to support the home team.

That girl was taking her time to freshen up. I hope she's not one of those difficult types that pretends to use the toilet and then goes off on her own to cause trouble. Oh no, wait. Here she comes.

She seemed a lot better, but her eyes looked a bit red. Was she crying?

"Alright, I'm ready!" There was that untrustworthy smile on her face again. "Let's go, old man!"

...will you stop calling me that?

Last edited by wavehawk; 2011-08-03 at 06:53.
Old 2011-08-03, 05:47   Link #948
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Now THAT's bloody hillarious!
Old 2011-08-03, 06:27   Link #949
HasuMasu
*Artist

The old man doesn't disappoint.

Quote:
How will your OC steal the data on Houki`s IS?
That "OC" is me.

Last edited by HasuMasu; 2011-08-04 at 05:23.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 04:25   Link #950
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
The old man doesn't disappoint.

That "OC" is me.
Being yourself as OC in your fan fic ,how will you steal the IS` data??????
Old 2011-08-05, 04:30   Link #951
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
Being yourself as OC in your fan fic ,how will you steal the IS` data??????
It's part of the wavehawk challenge remember?
Old 2011-08-05, 05:23   Link #952
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
It's part of the wavehawk challenge remember?
I didn't see any criteria on that
Old 2011-08-05, 05:36   Link #953
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
I didn't see any criteria on that
Really? Here it is:

Quote:
Can any of you believably write a situation wherein you (yes, you, not Ichika and not some stand-in original character) would be out on a date with your favorite girl in the series? I'd really like to see if anyone is capable of pulling this off without comins across as out of character or ridiculous.
Well there you go.
Old 2011-08-05, 06:06   Link #954
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Really? Here it is:

Well there you go.
found it..

lol..time to write ocxcharlotte later....ill make my OC(for the first and second) descendant of sir lancelot since it's a fanfic..
my oc will have different occupation in the first.and second one..

first : IS rep
second : operative

Last edited by Silver-Throne; 2011-08-08 at 06:51. Reason: clearing things
Old 2011-08-05, 09:30   Link #955
HasuMasu
*Artist

Well, I won't be posting the first one, but this one's okay, I guess, so I decided to post it on FF.net

HERE

to make it easier for people to give feedback.
Old 2011-08-05, 10:31   Link #956
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Well, I won't be posting the first one, but this one's okay, I guess, so I decided to post it on FF.net

HERE

to make it easier for people to give feedback.

I read and gave a review using my new account

im.leaving my old account.
Old 2011-08-08, 05:23   Link #957
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

*WRITERS BLOCK IN EFFECT*

...dammit.
Old 2011-08-08, 05:40   Link #958
HasuMasu
*Artist

*DOUBLE-POST IN EFFECT*

All joking aside though, I'm lucky not to have been hit by the writer's block just yet,

I am, however, buried under too much stuff to write down my story.
Old 2011-08-08, 07:01   Link #959
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

speak of the devil. I'm still revising the current one that I currently working on

My new FF.NET profile

Last edited by Silver-Throne; 2011-08-20 at 07:40.
Old 2011-08-12, 07:05   Link #960
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Next bit, short one
Quote:

"Eeeh, with this many people it's almost like a bigger version of IS Academy."

As I drove into Melbourne City, I understood what she meant by that. Linyin coming from China had only ever seen other chinese. Her first real immersion with other cultures was in Is Academy, and even that's not a large range of people to be honest--only countries that could afford to send representatives to IS Academy had any say--as I mentioned, Australia has nobody in that school.

Australia's very much a melting pot of cultures. You have white people, black people, brown people, yellow people, even some tutti-frutti people that I only ever see drunk on friday nights or sleeping outside my door Saturday morning with a hangover--no, forget I said that.

Anyway, it's not my car. It isn't exactly a limousine, either. I rented it from a local place, appropriately called Rent-a-Bomb, because being a small fry in ASIO I couldn't afford to put the car rental on the government tab. I already feared the worst when Linyin took one look at the car and simply refused to speak to me for most of the trip. Mainly because she was having trouble not laughing at me.

Whose bright idea is it to import into Australia secondhand Japanese cars that were really made in Thailand that are smaller than the toilet in my apartment flat? Anyway, that's all I can afford. At least it didn't break down on the way in from the airport.

"I'm surprised there aren't any security people around to keep watch over me," Linyin finally remarked.

"China isn't at war with Australia, is it? There's no need for it."

"Oh," Linyin was using that sneaky smile again. "But shouldn't they be protecting a cute innocent girl from a potentially scary older man trying to take advantage of her?"

Eh. I don't want to answer that oh-so-obviously baited question. Besides, I'm the one who's supposed to be asking the questions here. If you want to check my credentials, feel free because I'm not interested in bratty little kids.

"Don't you ever smile?"

Obviously not to someone obviously trying to make me look like an idiot!

"I mean, you've had that same grumpy face since we left the airport. It makes you look even more like an old man."

ME, grumpy? Maybe it's all because of you? Little twin-tailed baby devil--forget it. "I was born with this face."

"Eh, don't say that," Linyin suddenly dropped the smile, and then in a low mumble she thought I couldn't hear: "I didn't travel a thousand miles just to meet another Houki."

I don't know why I was being compared to a stone-faced humorless Japanese girl I've never met, but I'm not asking her that question. I'm not that bad, I just have a lot of things on my mind. There were tons of things that needed
to be done, and I hadn't even begun to ask about Orimura Ichika.

Linyin then changed the topic: "What can you tell me about <Outback Screamer>?"

That's the name of Australia's IS. Personally I wouldn't have given it that name (urban legend has it that Marie Coxswain was drunk on twenty vodka cruisers when she built it, our 2.75 Generation IS, out of Kangaroo tails and Wombat hide), but I wasn't the developer or designer. As previously mentioned, I'm just the messenger boy, trying to keep this job I've been assigned.

"No idea."

"Eh? But you're an Australian Intelligence agent, right?"

Time to put my foot down. "I'm not at liberty to discuss anything about Australia's IS."

"In short, you don't know anything about it, do you?" Another one of those sneaky, untrustworthy grins. "Heh."

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU BEDEVILLING ME LIKE THIS?!?

"Ah---Should you be trying to tear the steering wheel apart with your hands?"

I was about to, when we drove into the turn-off into the Automotive Centre of Excellence's carpark. I stopped at the gate, showing the guard my ASIO ID.

Meanwhile, Linyin waved a cute 'hi' to him.

"Maaate. Your little sister's cute," the guard smirked as he lifted the gate. "Don't you think a kid like that would be bored looking at machinery all day? Y'should take her to Luna Park or the zoo, not here!"

I could hear a gurgle in Linyin's throat, and didn't have to look at her to know her face was probably making all sorts of monstrous people-eating gestures. So to be safe, I just drove straight in once the gate lifted.

"Who's that stupid old whitey calling a kid..." a voice that sounded like an axe murderer came from the tiny Chinese representative.

"Please don't summon your IS in the car. My salary doesn't cover rental repairs, you know."

"Well!" Linyin crossed her arms over her chest. "He shouldn't have called me a kid!"

"You shouldn't have acted like one."

"Hrrg." Is she pouting at me?

"You want to be treated seriously, then act seriously."

Linyin still had the last word. "Grumpy old man."

The car practically parked itself, which was good, because I almost hit the accelerator instead of the brake.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest