AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-19, 22:57   Link #841
Gravitas Free Zone

If I'm obviously fighting someone, don't drive your tank right next to mine and into my line of fire.

This has happened to me twice in the last 90 minutes. And these weren't in city fights, these were in the middle of a freaking field.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 23:09   Link #842
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

It amuses me that people love to ram the enemy tank, even they are lighter weight. Worse, they are blocking my aim and die right after, giving the enemy a free barricade.

Also can't count how many times I accidentally shot someone just because they think it's funny to write in front of me when I am aiming. Seriously, unless I know my teammate has about 5s loading time, I would never advance in front of them after their shot. I just wish that become common sense among the pubby in WoT.
Old 2012-12-19, 23:18   Link #843
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Spoiler for Wow... I really like the KV-1!:

I do not have any complaints!! Four rewards at the same time... lovely, very lovely!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 03:40   Link #844
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Running the Panther II. I like its mobility.
Remember that the Panther line starting from the Panther II and up have two weapons instead of one, each one effective in its intended range.

The first is the long 88, which as you may know by now is a great gun for its tier in mid and long range sniping.

The other? The Panther line is known for being about as hefty as the heavy tanks of other tiers, and starting from the Panther II, they have the engine power to go where they want quite swiftly. Connect the dots.

Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 04:13   Link #845
Sumeragi
Banned

Yes, I know what to do.

Against a Tier 9 IS-8, and I survived to fight on.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 05:26   Link #846
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Being ELC is suffering. I thought Fighting with Lowe is bad, then Next battle I facing Tier IX

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 06:10   Link #847
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Being ELC is suffering. I thought Fighting with Lowe is bad, then Next battle I facing Tier IX
being any light tank except for Brit light tank and AMX40 is suffering. (those only have to fight enemy 2 tier higher)
Old 2012-12-20, 06:14   Link #848
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
being any light tank except for Brit light tank and AMX40 is suffering. (those only have to fight enemy 2 tier higher)
talking about AMX 40. AMX 40 only see tier 6 at maximum. and usually on the top on tier 4.

It was great distraction tank. while everybody busy shooting me. teammates flank them. i get over 50% Win rates because of that

Old 2012-12-20, 11:54   Link #849
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

15>0 in a tier 10 battle, haha. this must be really rare.

Old 2012-12-20, 11:57   Link #850
willx
Nyaaan~~

Wow, look at the scores the other team has.. It's like they were doing absolutely nothing. BatChat looks like he drove off a cliff?

Nice XP score on a tier 10 battle btw, Kimi! SMASH THEM!

EDIT: Look what they just posted on the World of Tanks website! INFOGRAPHIC!

Favourite Tank: (see a pattern?)
America: KV-1
Russia: KV-1S
Europe: KV-1S
China: Type 59
SEA & Australia: KV-1

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-12-20, 13:26   Link #851
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Favourite Tank: (see a pattern?)
America: KV-1
Russia: KV-1S
Europe: KV-1S
China: Type 59
SEA & Australia: KV-1
That damned Soviet bias showing through again, I see.
Old 2012-12-20, 13:34   Link #852
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
That damned Soviet bias showing through again, I see.
Yeah, the KV-1 is really not a Tier 5 vehicle. I personally think its a Tier 6. It is a very difficult nut to crack. My PzIV, with good penetration values, can sometimes bounce off shots from the side. Its pretty amazing, I tell ya.

Even that bloody pic looks like a For the Motherland poster!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-12-20, 14:02   Link #853
Gravitas Free Zone

It would be a ridiculously expensive experiment, but I wonder what sort of Tier I ninja-sniping fire hydrant you'd get out of an MS-1 with a 100% camo-trained crew, camo paint, camo net, coated optics, enhanced gun-laying drive, upgraded turret and radio, and the 45mm cannon.

I'm curious, but I have far better uses for 750 gold and a million credits.
Old 2012-12-20, 15:38   Link #854
Tak

But I soon discovered... when it comes to accuracy and reloading time, Russian guns just aren't up to par... my play style requires very accurate weapons, but I suppose I should change my play style to deal with Russian vehicles

- Tak

Old 2012-12-20, 16:12   Link #855
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
But I soon discovered... when it comes to accuracy and reloading time, Russian guns just aren't up to par... my play style requires very accurate weapons, but I suppose I should change my play style to deal with Russian vehicles

- Tak
It's a different playstyle. You have to get down and dirty and kick ass, taking choke points and hiding behind stuff. Close or medium range combat is what they're all about. For the IS series, they are powerful breakthrough tanks that excel at advancing while blowing things up with high amounts of damage.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 17:01   Link #856
Sumeragi
Banned

Why the KV-1 is the most popular: It's the most familiar to the FPStards who know nothing but rushing out of base, hitting as many things as they can, and dying quick. The KV-1, while easy to deal with (I can defeat it with my T-25), can be annoying to fight with in close quarters, which is what FPStards and the Russian hordes (yes, the RU server is basically just zerg rushing at each other) do.

Basically, it's the tank for the stupid.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 17:03   Link #857
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

they should decreased the health a bit

Old 2012-12-20, 17:11   Link #858
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I actually love the T49 more due to that reason. Their gun isn't much different, but the speed makes it easy to confuse the enemy with my constantly flanking and scouting. I got most of my confederate medals from that tank alone.

You know, among the scouts, the one I hate to face the most is ELC AMX. Unless that thing is in my 100m range, there is no way I could hope to hit it. Not to mention their gun is the pain in the ass.
My main issue with using it to scout is the excruciatingly slow travel speed of its turret which make it difficult to defend yourself especially from other scouts or even just in close range where as at least in the wolverine its armour is a little more substantial.

Also the wolverine can be fitted with the derp 105mm howitzer

While on the subject of the ELC one managed to one hit kill my churchill-I the other night which promptly made me flip out and I just sold it out of frustration...

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 17:16   Link #859
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
At least you have a decent Gun, you should try playing the Jagdpanzer IV.....
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 17:20   Link #860
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
It's a different playstyle. You have to get down and dirty and kick ass, taking choke points and hiding behind stuff. Close or medium range combat is what they're all about. For the IS series, they are powerful breakthrough tanks that excel at advancing while blowing things up with high amounts of damage.
Aye, apparently playing my KV like a German sniper tank is just not the way...

Slow reload time, meh accuracy and a whole bunch of ungentlemanly activities...

- Tak

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks