AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-07, 18:13   Link #81
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
Her character did a 180 reversal from when she was first introduced.
Yeah and even when the guy wants to do better and is giving his all, she refuses to give him any help. She rewrites his work, doesn't allow him any creativity... She might as well write and draw the damn thing herself.

And what really got me was when he was asking for advice on what's wrong with his work, she just says "Isn't that the author's job?" I would have said "Well, isn't it the editor's job to give guidance and advice, instead of just saying something is bad without explanation?"

That one dude said the rumors about her are untrue, but from what I've seen, they're spot on. She basically destroys and discourages any creative freedom while putting the mangaka through Hell. Whatever her end game is, even if it's some twisted plan to get the dude to grow a set or something, she's a horrible editor.
Old 2011-10-07, 18:20   Link #82
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
That one dude said the rumors about her are untrue, but from what I've seen, they're spot on. She basically destroys and discourages any creative freedom while putting the mangaka through Hell. Whatever her end game is, even if it's some twisted plan to get the dude to grow a set or something, she's a horrible editor.
Not like Sayaka and her company are any better. He didn't get any advice from the editor he got under her company either.

The only good girl so far is that call girl.
Old 2011-10-07, 18:25   Link #83
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Yeah and even when the guy wants to do better and is giving his all, she refuses to give him any help. She rewrites his work, doesn't allow him any creativity... She might as well write and draw the damn thing herself.

And what really got me was when he was asking for advice on what's wrong with his work, she just says "Isn't that the author's job?" I would have said "Well, isn't it the editor's job to give guidance and advice, instead of just saying something is bad without explanation?"

I don't know what IDY's game is distorting her personality like that, seems like its bad writing since the big personality shift was done so suddenly. But yea, she's being set up as a complete bitch.
Old 2011-10-08, 02:30   Link #84
Aesthetic Shampoo

What the hell am i reading? What is suddenly with that psychopathic nutcase female? I almost feel sorry for the poor pathetic bastard.

Those ^__^'s and ;D's is starting to piss me off as well.
Old 2011-10-08, 03:07   Link #85
Johnny
Working the bags...

It's a grown-up Jae-Kyung Park in disguise...
Old 2011-12-12, 04:09   Link #86
ShiroiRyu

Oh man ...
I need my boobies and i have them now !
One question : RAW is chapter 8 too ?
Old 2011-12-12, 04:22   Link #87
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
It's now scary 'cause of...

Spoiler for chapter 8:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2011-12-12, 08:47   Link #88
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
It's now scary 'cause of...

Spoiler for chapter 8:
So not only is she a bitch who doesn't allow people to be creative and has them mass produce generic stuff, she's so obsessed with that OZMA dude that she let it ruin her career.

As the story goes on, I just like her less and less...
Old 2011-12-12, 09:47   Link #89
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
So not only is she a bitch who doesn't allow people to be creative and has them mass produce generic stuff, she's so obsessed with that OZMA dude that she let it ruin her career.

As the story goes on, I just like her less and less...
Really? The way i read it was OZMA "destroyed" her and made her the woman she is now.
Old 2011-12-12, 18:47   Link #90
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

http://www.comic-valkyrie.com/module...s/koimoku.html

Meanwhile I got some samples I found on the three girls. Unfortunately there are watermarks on them.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2011-12-13, 00:53   Link #91
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Seeing the rage on the readers makes me wonder what is with Im-Dal Young and these kinds of distasteful personalities on female characters.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-12-13, 02:26   Link #92
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Seeing the rage on the readers makes me wonder what is with Im-Dal Young and these kinds of distasteful personalities on female characters.
Well.. I applaud him

IDY the opposite of most Japanese manga author who are so afraid of offending the audience

Example:

Oh, that girl is not a mean spirited, she's just tsundere. She really wants the main character's cock.

Oh, that proud honor student girl is insecure of her home making skills. She wants to be approved as a good girlfriend, after all.

Oh, that girl who tease boys and says lewd things is really a virgin. God forbid if the main character gets someone else's sloppy seconds, right?

But this isn't giving your characters realistic flaws to me.

This is an example of the shounen manga industry trying to make a female character less threatening to the reader's ego.

So it's refreshing to me to see this kind of character. I hope IDY doesn't try to soften the blow using methods similar to those listed above.

My only regret is that IDY had to use a man as her obsession. It always has to be a man, doesn't it? So in a way it still falls under the "Women are allowed to have ambitions as long it is related to gaining favor from a man" rule, I see too often in manga.

I mean, this chapter totally failed the Bechdel test
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2011-12-13, 07:24   Link #93
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Well.. I applaud him

IDY the opposite of most Japanese manga author who are so afraid of offending the audience

Example:

Oh, that girl is not a mean spirited, she's just tsundere. She really wants the main character's cock.

Oh, that proud honor student girl is insecure of her home making skills. She wants to be approved as a good girlfriend, after all.

Oh, that girl who tease boys and says lewd things is really a virgin. God forbid if the main character gets someone else's sloppy seconds, right?

But this isn't giving your characters realistic flaws to me.

This is an example of the shounen manga industry trying to make a female character less threatening to the reader's ego.

So it's refreshing to me to see this kind of character. I hope IDY doesn't try to soften the blow using methods similar to those listed above.

My only regret is that IDY had to use a man as her obsession. It always has to be a man, doesn't it? So in a way it still falls under the "Women are allowed to have ambitions as long it is related to gaining favor from a man" rule, I see too often in manga.

I mean, this chapter totally failed the Bechdel test
There's a huge difference between the characters being flawed and being psychos. Most of the girls he writes falls into the latter category or are at the very least extremely bi-polar, which leads to them being very unlikable. To me, it's just an inability to write convincing, realistic characters.

Of course, to be fair, the artwork doesn't help. Lee's artwork always makes women look like they're insane. It's the eyes.

The editor is this just comes off as mean. Whatever OZMA did to her, it's like she taking it out on the MC and basically trying to destroy him, his dreams and any creativity he has, most likely due to the fact that he idolizes OZMA and reminds her of him. The new girl evidenced this by the fact that she obviously thought his manuscript was good, yet it was rejected. If she was hurt that badly that she has to take it out on the new guy, she needs therapy as she's definitely damaged.

Doesn't help that the lead guy is a spineless dipwad.

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2011-12-13 at 07:36.
Old 2011-12-13, 07:31   Link #94
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board
KLGChaos has a point here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos
There's a huge difference between the characters being flawed and being psychos.
Yes, characters in manga and light novels these days are mere stereotypes swapped around, but at least they are likeable. Im-Dal Young plays the extreme opposite, and it creates this rage-inducing manga series that makes its readers want to rip their hair out. And the problem here is that making characters like those appear to be his style.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2011-12-13, 08:52   Link #95
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Oh man ...
I need my boobies and i have them now !
One question : RAW is chapter 8 too ?

No..ch 8 is been translate..

When i see this style of drawing Manga..i always think they're crazy by their facial expressions..but i like this style too much..all girls are sexi and hot...Shoot!

However i think that OZMA did something bad to the Editor.to reduce her in this way..I hope we'll find out soon...
Old 2011-12-13, 09:11   Link #96
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
lol, obv. resolution for the nxt chapter
fuck her like there's no tmr. Works wonders against colds / fevers
Old 2011-12-13, 23:15   Link #97
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I looked at the Korean website, so I won't be surprised if the Korean version has names/places changed. Just like most of his work does when one is released in Japan/South Korea and vice versa.

Old 2011-12-15, 09:35   Link #98
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
KLGChaos has a point here:

Yes, characters in manga and light novels these days are mere stereotypes swapped around, but at least they are likeable. Im-Dal Young plays the extreme opposite, and it creates this rage-inducing manga series that makes its readers want to rip their hair out. And the problem here is that making characters like those appear to be his style.
and that's exactly my point

he dares to be offensive. I'm not saying he's the Howard Stern of manga writers, but he certainly likes to challenge the norms. Remember that pregnancy arc from UxU? Or Jin-Ho hitting a girl like thug? interesting times

your typical manga author would try to "soften" their characters. Not IDY. And he does succeed (but not always) in this because it manages to induce rage in readers. If it was overdone, that character would only end up being a caricature and become unintentional comedy.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2011-12-16, 01:09   Link #99
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, that takes "not writing stories for the fans" to a whole new level.
By the way, what are the odds of IDY finishing this manga series? Isn't he notorious for jumping around his works and not looking back? (I mean, he currently has nine ongoing works.)

Old 2011-12-17, 23:30   Link #100
Flames

Spoiler:
Closed Thread

Tags
ecchi