Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-13, 06:02   Link #31801
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Edit: Dozens executed in North Korea 'for watching foreign films'
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ign-films.html
Mortar round...Shooting your ex and her band....now this. Fat boy needs to remember to take his medication so he'll stop throwing tantrums
Old 2013-11-13, 07:31   Link #31802
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

This article might interest some of you: Quebec's Tea Party Moment
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/13/op...=opinion&_r=1&
Old 2013-11-13, 09:05   Link #31803
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Regardless of what world governments are or are not doing, I'm sending a contribution to the Philippine Red Cross: http://www.redcross.org.ph/. Seems the most direct route to me.
Old 2013-11-13, 09:26   Link #31804
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post

Comparing other small countries giving high donation, China the 2nd most powerful is giving only 100,000.
You know, re-reading this map, I just realized. Below is what everyone gave Japan during its 2011 Earthquake/Nuclear meltdown.

1. U.S. – 2.99 billion yen (approx. $30.3 million)
2. Taiwan – 2.92 billion yen ($29.6 million)
3. Thailand – 2.05 billion yen ($20.8 million)
4. Oman – 1.07 billion yen ($10.8 million)
5. China – 910 million yen ($9.2 million)
6. Algeria – 830 million yen ($8.4 million)
7. U.K. – 780 million yen ($7.9 million)
8. Vietnam – 780 million yen ($7.9 million)
9. Hong Kong – 720 million yen ($7.3 million)
10. France – 610 million yen ($6.2 million)
11. Switzerland – 550 million yen ($5.6 million)
12. Malaysia – 510 million yen ($5.2 million)
13. India – 480 million yen ($4.9 million)
14. Brazil – 480 million yen ($4.9 million)
15. Papa New Guinea – 320 million yen ($3.2 million)
16. Singapore – 310 million yen ($3.1 million)
17. Australia – 300 million yen ($3 million)
18. Mongolia – 290 million yen ($2.9 million)
19. Philippines – 290 million yen ($2.9 million)
20. Italy – 270 million yen ($2.8 million)[3]

Either China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Vietnam haven't got their acts together yet, since they are busy assessing their own damage.

Or Philippines have royally pissed off all of these bold listed countries, including their fellow anti-China club.

Especially one have to wonder what did Philippines do that could manage to make itself more hated than Japan in China.

Also, during the 2011 Earthquake China's initial donation was only 167K. The 9+ million followed up later. It is not even 24 hours of China's own Haiyan damage cleared, and the Filipinos already raise a stink about this??

Last edited by ArchmageXin; 2013-11-13 at 09:54.
Old 2013-11-13, 09:40   Link #31805
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Actually most of that stink came from Western media, not the Philippines itself.
Old 2013-11-13, 10:01   Link #31806
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Actually most of that stink came from Western media, not the Philippines itself.
Well it just landed China into a catch-22 situation. Donate-and look as it was shamed into doing it. Or Not Donate-which make it look like a cheapskate.

What it is absolutely certain is non-Governmental Chinese (corporate, charities) probably would hold back in this situation.
Old 2013-11-13, 10:14   Link #31807
willx
Nyaaan~~

Did I read that map wrong or is Japan just shown contributing humanitarian aid with no quantification of the value?
Old 2013-11-13, 10:15   Link #31808
Sumeragi
Banned

Or be like an responsible power and say we shall start sending aid after figuring out how much damage PRC itself received.

Is it that hard to just say you're busy instead of sending a pitiful amount not up to the standard of the "big brother" of Asia?
Old 2013-11-13, 10:17   Link #31809
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
You know, re-reading this map, I just realized. Below is what everyone gave Japan during its 2011 Earthquake/Nuclear meltdown.

1. U.S. – 2.99 billion yen (approx. $30.3 million)
2. Taiwan – 2.92 billion yen ($29.6 million)
3. Thailand – 2.05 billion yen ($20.8 million)
4. Oman – 1.07 billion yen ($10.8 million)
5. China – 910 million yen ($9.2 million)
6. Algeria – 830 million yen ($8.4 million)
7. U.K. – 780 million yen ($7.9 million)
8. Vietnam – 780 million yen ($7.9 million)
9. Hong Kong – 720 million yen ($7.3 million)
10. France – 610 million yen ($6.2 million)
11. Switzerland – 550 million yen ($5.6 million)
12. Malaysia – 510 million yen ($5.2 million)
13. India – 480 million yen ($4.9 million)
14. Brazil – 480 million yen ($4.9 million)
15. Papa New Guinea – 320 million yen ($3.2 million)
16. Singapore – 310 million yen ($3.1 million)
17. Australia – 300 million yen ($3 million)
18. Mongolia – 290 million yen ($2.9 million)
19. Philippines – 290 million yen ($2.9 million)
20. Italy – 270 million yen ($2.8 million)[3]

Either China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Vietnam haven't got their acts together yet, since they are busy assessing their own damage.

Or Philippines have royally pissed off all of these bold listed countries, including their fellow anti-China club.

Especially one have to wonder what did Philippines do that could manage to make itself more hated than Japan in China.

Also, during the 2011 Earthquake China's initial donation was only 167K. The 9+ million followed up later. It is not even 24 hours of China's own Haiyan damage cleared, and the Filipinos already raise a stink about this??
SG giving anyone 3.1 million is rare....normally few 10s of K are normal for this island barring really high profile stuff like the Indian Ocean Tsunami. Aid workers are more common form of help here
Old 2013-11-13, 10:28   Link #31810
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Or be like an responsible power and say we shall start sending aid after figuring out how much damage PRC itself received.

Is it that hard to just say you're busy instead of sending a pitiful amount not up to the standard of the "big brother" of Asia?
China sent Japan 167,000 USD at start when you guys were having that little nuclear reactor/Earthquake thing. Also, very, very little.

The aid eventually went up 9.1 million to the 4th largest donation, with 5 million USD 24 hours later. Perhaps it takes time? Now you went ahead and spike the guns, the donations probably will fizzle out. There is already talk on Weibo of people boycotting Chinese companies who choose to donate to Philippines over this "100K" incident..

What is your explanation for the other shortcomers? Singapore apparently sent only 40,000$ to its previous record of 3.1 million. Hong Kong isn't sending anything and is considering sanctions.

Or maybe, maybe you should cut the whole "Bad PRC" and waited and see, rather than insult China right off the bat?
Old 2013-11-13, 10:31   Link #31811
Sumeragi
Banned

Who cares about Singapore or Hong Kong? They don't go around saying that they're the big brother of Asia, do they? The very fact you're bringing up "Bad PRC" shows you're missing the entire issue.
Old 2013-11-13, 10:35   Link #31812
Hero of the day
Masa~san <3

Eh, I don't see any newspaper articles, internet articles, local media coverage or any official statements given by the government concerning complaints about the amount of foreign aid received from other countries. But sure, let China think what it likes.
Old 2013-11-13, 10:39   Link #31813
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Who cares about Singapore or Hong Kong? They don't go around saying that they're the big brother of Asia, do they? The very fact you're bringing up "Bad PRC" shows you're missing the entire issue.
I am sure China is doing a better job than Japan when it was the "Big brother of Asia"

Also, I like how you selectively ignored my question how did Japan receiving only 167K from China on the start, did not complain, but ended up with 9+ million. Last time I checked, China and Japan is having its own disputes as well.
Old 2013-11-13, 10:40   Link #31814
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero of the day View Post
Eh, I don't see any newspaper articles, internet articles, local media coverage or any official statements given by the government concerning complaints about the amount of foreign aid received from other countries. But sure, let China think what it likes.
Look like quite a few people on this board cares. Just scroll back. The western media made it "news" and the few "we hate China" members on this board just made an "event"
Old 2013-11-13, 10:48   Link #31815
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
lol how does the PRC support Confucianism?
You don't have those Confucian Schools over there?

My PRC neighbour of mine recently pulled her kids out and tried to push them into my hands. According to her, they are very bad at teaching English and Science that her kids kept asking her questions she doesn't know how to answer.

Not lolis. Do not want.

Quote:
We do when it affects our interests.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-11-13, 11:14   Link #31816
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You don't have those Confucian Schools over there?

My PRC neighbour of mine recently pulled her kids out and tried to push them into my hands. According to her, they are very bad at teaching English and Science that her kids kept asking her questions she doesn't know how to answer.

Not lolis. Do not want.
Quit your job....give tuition $50 per hour
Old 2013-11-13, 11:19   Link #31817
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Have you ever wondered why I quit giving tuition?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-11-13, 12:07   Link #31818
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/ch..._132885344.htm

Oh, the aid just went up to 1.6 million USD (10 million RMB). Which for reference, three days after Japan's 2011 Earthquake, China pledged 30 million RMB after an initial donation of 167,000 USD.

Of course, we can now claim China was guilt shamed into giving to the Filipinos. Neverminding within China itself many netizens are against giving aid to the Philippines over the $100K flap.
Old 2013-11-13, 12:56   Link #31819
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
you think it is good idea to have Saints be around lolis all day long
Old 2013-11-13, 13:27   Link #31820
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
you think it is good idea to have Saints be around lolis all day long
I gave up tutoring because parents are garbage. F to C and it is my fault for her being bad at math. Doesn't even bloody help that her mum is an education mama.

Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international