AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-09-11, 18:14   Link #1041
jehuty233

Eternal Sonata has been confirmed for PS3 release.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/09/11/na...l-katamari-co/

Edit: And Beautiful Katamari, too.
jehuty233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 18:49   Link #1042
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
Beautiful Katamari returns for the PlayStation 3 including a Wii version.

Eternal Sonata coming to PlayStation 3.

Or is it?
And they were pulled again from what I heard...

My guess is...another worst kept secret ala MGS and Bioshock. You know they are going to the other systems. The PR can say all they want, developers can say it too. But welcome to the age of the...Timed Exculsive
Old 2007-09-11, 21:36   Link #1043
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Disgaea 3 Website: http://disgaea.jp/3/

Spoiler for Disgaea 3 Scans:

Edit: Err woops - sorry for the double post.
The original was one of those games I bought along with the other Makai Series thinking I'd never get tired of them, but eventually the whole level grinding aspect of the game got to slow and tedious, and the story and gameplay just had a what's the point feel to it after the while, nothing really epic was going on other than me taking advantage of the games systems and grinding out the damage. That's really all I felt after a while, grinding. That said the art was extremely nice and the games were still funny and all, it's just that if I want to do the post game for any of the them it'll be 30+ hours of straight slow painful level by level grinding, that isn't my idea of fun. They really need to get rid of that play style.

The characters in this game look like another rehash too. Why does it feel that in each game there is a pairing of a badass looking antihero overlord type and a demonic lolita. In Disgaea it was Laharl and Etna, in Phantom Brave it was Ash and Mona (Okay she's not that demonic, but definitely loli) in Makai kingdom there was Zetta and Pram and now these two. The exception seemd to be Disgaea 2 with the busty Rozalin. Oh well, I guess the series has gotten as repetitive as the gameplay.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 07:00   Link #1044
arkon

It's not really slow levelling. You reach a point when you can level up extremely quickly in a short space of time.

Anyway, these types of SRPGs generally do have repetitive gameplay. There will no doubt be new additions to the gameplay systems and tweaks to exisiting gameplay systems which should change things up a bit.. If you're calling this repetitive then the same could be said for pretty much every Super Robot Wars game in existence.
arkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 11:36   Link #1045
Scarecrow*
Neneko Shinjitsu!

If anyone here doesn't get Heavenly Sword I feel sorry for you

Truly ps3's best game this year.
Scarecrow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 19:08   Link #1046
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post
And they were pulled again from what I heard...
Eternal Sonata is definitely confirmed now. It's being announced in this next week's game magazines.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 19:34   Link #1047
Scarecrow*
Neneko Shinjitsu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Have you played it through already?
Holy frak! Just bought it today and wow.........

You'd have to be on crack not to buy this
Scarecrow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 20:53   Link #1048
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Eternal Sonata is definitely confirmed now. It's being announced in this next week's game magazines.
Yeah. There's a scan of this week's Famitsu Eternal Sonata for PS3 article linked on a few message boards. Also from the thread, in the article it announces that Crescendo and Serenade will become playable characters in the PS3 version and characters can change costumes.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 21:53   Link #1049
jehuty233

My friend bought HS and he's almost done with the game... seems rather short for a purchase though. For the sake of enjoying the story I'd probably rent the game with a free rental coupon from Blockbuster. I wouldn't recommend buying the game unless you're going to replay and go through the same thing 5 times.
Old 2007-09-13, 01:06   Link #1050
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow* View Post
You'd have to be on crack not to buy this
...or simply not like the genre.

I played the demo, but while it looked stunning, the gameplay didn't interest me much. I never been a fan of fighting games or FPS, and HS plays like a fighting adventure game.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 09:42   Link #1051
arkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
...or simply not like the genre.

I played the demo, but while it looked stunning, the gameplay didn't interest me much. I never been a fan of fighting games or FPS, and HS plays like a fighting adventure game.
Same, except I'm a big fan of fighting games and the like.

For me the gameplay (admittedly just from the demo) pales in comparison to the likes of DMC3 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma and seeing as those two games are getting sequels in the near future I think I'd be better off saving my cash. I might pick up Heavenly Sword on the cheap but I'm certainly not paying full whack for it. Not worth that in my opinion. Best ps3 game of the year isn't exactly a ringing endorsement either, as there is bugger all for it at the moment (that I'm interested in and all the usual disclaimers). Recent announcements have gotten me far more excited however.
arkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 03:43   Link #1052
jehuty233

Is anyone going to get COD: Modern Warfare?
Old 2007-10-08, 10:48   Link #1053
Sides

Record of Agarest War screens (source kotaku)
Reason to get a ps3. Hope that more ero flavoured games are coming to the PS3 ^^
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 19:55   Link #1054
Slayerx

not sure if it's been mentioned here, so it might be old news but It seems like Sony's coming out with a new SKU of the PS3... so far only confirmed in europe but rumored to be coming to the states aswell.

the difference between this SKU and current ones
-$400
-40GB
-2USB ports (instead of 4)
-Absolutly NO backwards compatibility >.<
-everything else is the same

Honestly, as long as they offer atleast one SKU with Backwards Compatibility, then i'm fine with this new SKU... obviously the reason the BC was taken out was so that they can drive the PS3 to a lower price, throw in the BC and their forced to push up the price. Its actually very good for those like myself who have a PS2 and don't give a damn about switching between consoles... Yes having everything on one console can be convient (no switching conoles, more space in entertainment center, etc), but it becomes a choice of lower Price or convience for myself... Grant it, there is that whole thing about playing PS2 game upscaled, but since i haven't seen it in action, i don't know what i'd be missing out on. so frankly, i think i would rather see spend less money on a PS3, then spend more just for a convience.

Though i'm only fine with this SKU as long as there is one that offers BC... while i may not care about it, plenty of gamers do... in particular are the ones that do not have a PS2; if you don't got a PS2 then getting a PS3 without BC is a very bad idea (even though PS2's are becoming very cheap and you could afford it with the money you save from buying the non-BC sku)

Grant it, still gonna be awhile before i choose to get a PS3 or not... still got to play Persona 3, and Soul Nomad just came out; those should keep me entertained for a while when i have time to game =p

Quote:
Reason to get a ps3. Hope that more ero flavoured games are coming to the PS3 ^^
Y'know i recall that game being mentioned somewhere on this forums before; another thread perhaps.
It sounds like RPG meets Dating Sim to me, and i kind of like that idea... though i could be only saying that since i've been recently obssessed with Romance Comedy Animes that have multiple potential character pairings... now, if only the game weren't so hentai (if i wanted that, i'd just go to the internet )

Last edited by Slayerx; 2007-10-09 at 22:28.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 01:01   Link #1055
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Wow... I did a blind download on this demo. Looks like I'll be deleting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
not sure if it's been mentioned here, so it might be old news but It seems like Sony's coming out with a new SKU of the PS3... so far only confirmed in europe but rumored to be coming to the states aswell.
There's a similar one coming to Japan, but there's also a ceramic white version.
Old 2007-10-22, 14:02   Link #1056
Slayerx

Price cut!?
Ya, looks like in addition to the non-backwards compatible 40GB PS3, it looks like walmart and amazon are giving the 80GB models a price cut down to $500 and theres also word that stores selling the remaining 60GB's are having free stuff added to them... i think i'd rather get the 60gb though... i don't care about motor storm and if i'm gonna get a PS3 with Backwards compatibility, i want full hardware support instead of the gimpped software support.
Old 2007-10-22, 18:32   Link #1057
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Actually... I returned my 60GB and got myself a 80GB once the price-cut for the 80GB happened. I have no backwards compatibility problems so far with these titles;
Spoiler:

Maybe some 80GB's are bit hardware differently or just someone lied about the BC issue with it.

Last edited by Aka; 2007-10-22 at 20:33.
Aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 21:30   Link #1058
Slayerx

Quote:
Actually... I returned my 60GB and got myself a 80GB once the price-cut for the 80GB happened. I have no backwards compatibility problems

Maybe some 80GB's are bit hardware differently or just someone lied about the BC issue with it.
Well no, the 80GB do use software to make BC possible instead of hardware like the the 60GB.
It's probably just the case that i'm underestimating how effective the software BC is... really i haven't kept myself up to date with that kind of stuff. When i think about software BC i think about how i hard about all the Xbox games that the 360 couldn't play, or issues that were popping up with PS2 games on the PS3... pretty sure some of the games on that list of yours were including, but more than likely software updates fixed those problems; like i said i haven't been keeping up to date.

Still good to hear, it does make me feel better about taking longer to decide wheather or not to get to get a PS3... frankly i was kinda worried that if i waited to long after the 60GB PS3's phased out that i would regret not getting a 60GB when the chase was good...

Frankly, with the 80GB price cut, i would say the 80GB is definatly the better buy at this point, unlike what i said before about the 40GB being better (for those that already have a PS2)... not including motor storm, the 80GB PS3 is, in a sense only, $50 more expensive as opposed to being $150... and i think $50 is worth the price to have BC, a few extra usb ports and all that jazz.
Old 2007-10-23, 01:17   Link #1059
Zoe

PS1 BC should be the same for all models since that is apparently done completely through software emulation.
Old 2007-10-23, 22:02   Link #1060
kujoe
from head to heel

If I'm not mistaken, the range of BC for the 80GB models is around 80%, which is good enough for most people. Unless you really have a niche game library, I doubt you'd encounter any problems. People tend to exaggerate when they say that the 80GB is gimped, but then again I'd still rather have the 60GB model.

Personally, I wouldn't go for the 40GB version because BC is a must for me. However, that white ceramic model is sure looking pretty that's for sure.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
console, ps3, sony