AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Who were your favorite characters? Multiple choice allowed!
Suzumiya Haruhi 625 64.77%
Kyon 587 60.83%
Nagato Yuki 569 58.96%
Asahina Mikuru 289 29.95%
Asakura Ryoko 159 16.48%
Koizumi Itsuki 175 18.13%
Kyon's Sister 145 15.03%
Kunikida 22 2.28%
Taniguchi 43 4.46%
Tsuruya 317 32.85%
Kimidori Emiri 37 3.83%
The ENOZ Girls 89 9.22%
Shamisen (the cat) 105 10.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 965. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-07, 18:43   Link #141
Shana

Yuki

Because she's the best character by far: knows who to fight, when and where to move; intelligent and is an alien, how could she be better?

Haruhi

Because being normal is BORING! and she's our goddess

Tsuruya-san

ROLFMAO ~nyoron! cute, meido suit, charming and has humor sense.
Old 2007-12-07, 19:01   Link #142
Atsushi
Anime Simpleton

Haruhi - Obvious as to why I chose her.
Yuki - After seeing her in episodes 10 and 11 how could I not choose her, plus I liked her from the begining.
Mikuru - So sweet and inoccent
Tsuruya - I give props to the little loli sister, not much apearance but still, such a loveable character
Shamisen - What can i say, I loev kitties =(^_^)=
Old 2007-12-07, 21:19   Link #143
Sepirts
Backward Stripes

Haruhi, Yuki, Tsuruya. thanks ;D
Old 2007-12-07, 21:26   Link #144
Jenx
Insert Creative Title

KOIZUMI. 8D Why is it that no one likes him? He's so loveable. <3
And Tsuraya, she's pretty awesome herself.
Old 2007-12-09, 01:10   Link #145
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Agreed. I am bothered that Koizumi didn't rank higher than either Tsuruya or Mikuru?

Tsuruya, while perky and quirky, doesn't really do all that much. She's attractive and not much else.

Mikuru, while the source of much humor, really turns me of with her moe-appeal. She's funny mostly because of what Haruhi does to her. She's much too passive to interest me.

Aside from Yuki, Koizumi is about the only real thinker in the bunch. While Yuki is just great at raw processing power and has all sorts of unbelievable powers, she's not really good at introspection or philosophical speculation. He's the guy who peels back ever more layers away from the surface of the Haruhi universe to reveal ever deeper mysteries. He's perfectly in spirit with the open-ended wonder of the show.

He makes you ask. What is Haruhi really? What exactly is Mikuru's purpose? Who is Nagato? What is reality? He teases Kyon into coming ever-closer to the fact Kyon and Haruhi have got the hots for each other. Mostly this is hilarious because Kyon refuses to comprehend that he might like such a crazy person.

Koizumi is the most under-appreciated member of the crew. You wonder what kind of long-suffering sort of guy lives under a smiling mask, keeps Haruhi's life in order and pretty much realizes that he's not going register as blip on anyone's romantic radar. He hides his emotions so well that he probably can't distinguish himself from his facade anymore. The man has got character.

A philosopher with an iron will. You got to respect that.
Old 2007-12-09, 01:12   Link #146
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Reality View Post
Agreed. I am bothered that Koizumi didn't rank higher than either Tsuruya or Mikuru?

Tsuruya, while perky and quirky, doesn't really do all that much.

Mikuru is, while the source of humor, really turns me of with her moe-appeal. She's funny mostly because of what Haruhi does to her. She's much too passive to interest me.

Aside from Yuki, Koizumi is about the only real thinker in the bunch. While Yuki is just great at raw processing power and has all sorts of unbelievable powers, she's not really good at introspection or philosophical speculation. He's the guy who peels back ever more layers away from the surface of the Haruhi universe to reveal ever deeper mysteries. He's perfectly in spirit with the open-ended wonder of the show.

He makes you ask. What is Haruhi really? What exactly is Mikuru's purpose? Who is Nagato? What is reality? He teases Kyon into coming ever-closer to the fact Kyon and Haruhi have got the hots for each other. Mostly this is hilarious because Kyon refuses to comprehend that he might like such a crazy person.

Koizumi is the most under-appreciated member of the crew. You wonder what kind of long-suffering sort of guy lives under a smiling mask, keeps Haruhi's life in order and pretty much realizes that he's not going register as blip on anyone's romantic radar. He hides his emotions so well that he probably can't distinguish himself from his facade anymore. The man has got character.

Exactly.

I'm still waiting for a book centered on Koizumi.
Old 2007-12-09, 18:43   Link #147
aprettyprettyprinces

Lightbulb

Quote:

I've never thought of that. It's definitely an eye-opener for me.
Old 2007-12-11, 08:48   Link #148
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

1.Nagato Yuki She is The Best...She is Alien..Wonderful Character...I love Her So much
2.Suzumiya Haruhi She Brought Yuki To Us...
3. Asahina Mikuru She is very Cute Character...
4.Kyon He Is hero Of Universe...And Funny Character..
5. Kyon's Sister She very Cute...She look like Haruhi....
Old 2007-12-14, 02:40   Link #149
luckyfoshizzle

I voted for:
Haruhi Suzumiya- C'mon now if it wasn't her there would be no show. She IS the show! Without her this show would be just like any other bland anime series. She's what makes it special. Although, at times she can be kind of annoying in the sense that she's so pushy. Her idea of the world evolving around her gets old at times (even though technically it does). I love the way she just doesn't care what anybody around her thinks about her, she just does what she wants without a care in the world, free.

Kyon- As with Haruhi, without him there would be no series. He's a fantastic narrator. His dry sarcastic remarks go along great with Haruhi's carefree attitude. It's understandable why he's the only human Haruhi chooses to associate herself with.

Koizumi Itsuki: He's quiet and reserved, but there's just something interesting about him that I can't even discribe.

Didn't vote for:
Mikuru Asahina: She is definitely one of the most pointless characters I have ever witnessed in my entire anime watchin live. She's just too weak and baby-like. In small doses it would be cute, but it never changes so it's almost skip past her annoying. I feel the only reason she's in the series is the same reason she's in the SOS Brigade: she's cute and looks good in the outfits. I wish she'd just vanish.

Yuki Nagato: She's a great character and all, but besides her being an alien hybird, there's nothing special about her. Every anime has a girl that sits there mysteriously quiet, observing what's going on.
Old 2007-12-20, 03:18   Link #150
Xzero

Suzumiya Haruhi- Just I love her ^^
Old 2007-12-20, 13:09   Link #151
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyfoshizzle View Post
Didn't vote for:
Mikuru Asahina: She is definitely one of the most pointless characters I have ever witnessed in my entire anime watchin live. She's just too weak and baby-like. In small doses it would be cute, but it never changes so it's almost skip past her annoying. I feel the only reason she's in the series is the same reason she's in the SOS Brigade: she's cute and looks good in the outfits. I wish she'd just vanish.

Yuki Nagato: She's a great character and all, but besides her being an alien hybird, there's nothing special about her. Every anime has a girl that sits there mysteriously quiet, observing what's going on.
You will vote for them in season 2.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2007-12-20, 14:29   Link #152
Theman

How can Mikuru get so few votes? Adult Mikuru is pure win.
Old 2007-12-20, 15:00   Link #153
bullrogg

nagato, kyon, and haruhi no doubt :P
Old 2007-12-21, 17:54   Link #154
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprettyprettyprinces View Post
I've never thought of that. It's definitely an eye-opener for me.
You have to realize that Koizumi loses games to Kyon but retains a scholarly interest in them. He's in it for purely intellectual reasons, not to trump Kyon.

In the novels, Kyon wonders if Koizumi isn't deliberately losing to him or if he really just sucks that bad.
Old 2007-12-23, 12:54   Link #155
Hedd
Random Object

Quote:
You have to realize that Koizumi loses games to Kyon but retains a scholarly interest in them. He's in it for purely intellectual reasons, not to trump Kyon.

In the novels, Kyon wonders if Koizumi isn't deliberately losing to him or if he really just sucks that bad.
I always figured it was an example of personality strengths. While Koizumi could understand and to an extent explain complicated things Kyon was simple far better at reacting to tactical situations. In a sense its almost Kyon's "magical power", unfortunately this ability to react also seems to supress Kyon's urge to understand what he's reacting to.

as for the poll: Haruhi, no exceptions.
Old 2007-12-24, 07:51   Link #156
Jintor

Yuki, Haruhi, Kyon.
Old 2007-12-30, 04:35   Link #157
Sol Falling

yeah, somebody mentioned voting for everybody and I figured 'hey! Great idea!'.

Iunno, in the end I think I could have gone without voting for Kimidori Emiri or the Enoz girls, though.

Also want to say to Twisted Reality, thanks for being an advocate for Koizumi. I always thought he was an interesting character and a valuable component of both the SOS Brigade and the story as a narrative, but the coherency and emphasis of your argument really helps to make me stop and think and give him credit where it is due.
Old 2007-12-30, 08:24   Link #158
LordSchmee
Legendary Dog Deity

I voted Suzumiya for her classy smile (when she enters the baseball tournament, so cute :P)
Also voted:
Mikuru (for the way she always whimpers :P)
Nagato (the way she stares at Kyon is just, kawaii!)
Shamisen (come on who doesnt like a talking cat? :P)
Old 2007-12-30, 19:58   Link #159
symbiotes_021
Arke Knight

Haruhi - Duh!!

Kyon - Loves it when he is speaks inside his heart.

Fear me, even Setsuna's Exia wouldn't stand a chance of winning my Zaiaku!!
Old 2007-12-31, 19:58   Link #160
TheBlackRose
Black Gema Gema Gang

Send a message via AIM to TheBlackRose Send a message via MSN to TheBlackRose
WOW! my first post...except for the introduction....well actually, I'm going to cosplay as Haruhi for Otakon b/c "She is a god" as my bf would say...
Closed Thread