AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 36 35.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 32.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 22.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 9.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-07, 19:16   Link #61
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Hmmm, talking about letting Nagisa walk herself home. I actually had this bad feeling that she's going to collapse on the way home or run into trouble. But was great to see her waking up Tomoya, immediately after that lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-12-07, 19:46   Link #62
Yushi

He didn't let her walk herself home.
Look closely behind her as Tomoya talked about how he'll let his dad know that he moved.
The red sign says: Furukawa Pan (Bread). He walked her home. XD
Old 2008-12-07, 19:52   Link #63
Eddward

Send a message via MSN to Eddward
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushi View Post
He didn't let her walk herself home.
Look closely behind her as Tomoya talked about how he'll let his dad know that he moved.
The red sign says: Furukawa Pan (Bread). He walked her home. XD
Was just going to say that, he didn't follow her to the door but he did follow her close enought. If she gets in trouble on the small walk I feel very sorry for Nagisa
Old 2008-12-07, 22:00   Link #64
cold_snipe
Greetings from Canadia!

Very good episode!

Personally, i hope to see more of the teacher-student relationship between yoshino and tomoya. But good development!

Oh and hi everyone! first post!
Old 2008-12-07, 22:18   Link #65
destiny4everlove

Episode 10

-Akio offering Tomoya a job and Sanae calling him “Tomoya-san” was so amazingly great!! As Sanae said, they’re like a family now. The love and warm of a family, of a home is one of the many things that Nagisa gave Tomoya; Nagisa’s parents are great, aren’t they?

-I wonder where Akio wandered off while Sanae was teaching and Tomoya was in charge of the bakery.

-Nooo!! Nagisa ended up in a different class than Tomoyo and Yukine.

-Loved how Tomoya saw right through Nagisa when she told him that the open house for the club had gone well. They know each other so well, don't they?

-Nagisa is having trouble both with the club and with making new friends. Poor Nagisa-chan.

-Loved how Nagisa worked hard and gave her best to keep the club from closing even when things were not easy for her. Too bad that Nagisa’s effort was not enough to keep the theater club from closing.

-Seeing Nagisa closing the door of the theater club, a room where so many happy memories and fun times took place last year was so touching. I felt so sad for Nagisa-chan.

-The scene of Tomoya looking at the available apartments that were displayed in the window and the high school boys and girls around him who were talking and laughing was such a great way to portray the contrast between the care-free life of a student and the more serious and harder life of a young adult who has enter the workforce and has left his/her school days behind him/her.

-Tomoya worrying about his future, looking for an apartment and asking Yoshino for a job showed us that our little Tomoya has matured a lot and is all grown up now.

-The scene when Tomoya asked Akio if he could take Nagisa with him one day, the silence that followed afterwards, Akio saying that Nagisa is the one that needs to decide, and Akio’s face filled with sadness and resignation was such a perfect scene!! I loved it!! One of the things I love about Clannad is Tomoya and Akio’s relationship, their relationship is so awesome and unique, I just love it!

-The scene of Nagisa and especially Tomoya being all nervous after Akio left them all alone was so cute!!!!

-Nagisa singing the dango song was so adorable!!!

-Tomoya blushing and wondering if the day when they’ll live together will come was so adorably cute!!! I love Tomoya so much!!!

-I love how Nagisa always worries about the relationship between Tomoya and his dad. I love how she is always trying to help make things better between Tomoya and his dad.

-Is it me or Tomoya’s apartment seems really close to Nagisa’s house?

- Nagisa waking Tomoya up and making breakfast for him was so sweet and cute!!! They looked so cute together like that.

-Tomoya blushing while remembering Nagisa saying “I’ll be waiting” was so adorable!! Tomoya is so incredibly cute when he blushes!!! He was so happy because he knew there was going to be someone waiting for him after a hard day’s work.

-The scene when Tomoya looked at that family (dad, mom and kid) with such a longing expression was priceless! That’s what Tomoya wants; he wants to have a family of his own with Nagisa, the girl he loves.

-Yoshino has become Tomoya’s sensei now!!

-Poor Tomoya, he was so tired than he didn't even eat dinner. Welcome to the real world Tomoya-kun.

-I can’t wait to watch the next episode!!!

Thank you so much for my beautiful avy and my amazing sig, TheEroKing!!!
Old 2008-12-08, 04:34   Link #66
OmegaPhlare
The Romanticism

This was an amazing episode! It will definitely be one of my favorites, the kind of episode that I will watch over and over again after the series is completed. Many things happening in this episode are normal and maybe for some of the other posters here, that is boring. Myself, I think it is a slow episode but very soothing.

I think Tomoya's attitude in this episode is wholly agreeable and a perfect example for why I love him as a protagonist. It's probably because the Tomoya of this whole series is the kind of person I relate to or want to be more like. Right now, Tomoya is putting his effort into being the best person he can be. In development, he went from a person who doesn't believe in himself to a person who really wants to be independent of others. It couldn't have been an instant transformation of character; this must have been influenced by the Furukawa family.

My favorite part is the lines of narration at the end of the the Akio/Sanae bread joke. There is so much love there.

---This kind of reminds me that I absolutely hate the majority of protagonists in every anime series. Too many teen-aged protagonists are freaking brats who need to grow up. There are always problems, but these teens never come up with solutions. As a man, its in me to solve problems, and seeing the male lead running away from his problems agitates the hell out of me, yet I can't stop watching anime. But it isn't like that in Clannad; In my mind I'm thinking fictional data summary like, "Tomoya starts at 80% and just has to change his direction so that he can become more complete."
Old 2008-12-08, 08:12   Link #67
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Taking those first steps into the real world can be tough and a bit scary. Tomoya has managed to mature a little at first getting to work in the Bakery with Nagisa's parents which is not a bad job busy in the morning then calms down in the late morning afternoon plenty of time for them to play some baseball.

But like i thought was going to happen Tomoya felt that he could not just rely on Nagisa's parents forever and wanted to do things on his own. Getting an apartment and asking yoshino for a job. Its harder than it looks and Tomoya is going to be in for rough time for a bit.

Seeing how easily Tomoya picked on Nagisa's little lie about club shows how far they have come and well they know each other. Nagisa ends up in a class with no one she knows and loses the club. But still manages to smile this is the power of Nagisa but it has got to be hard on her. Watching all the characters grow and mature is a real treat and as they leave the carelessness of their High school days behind and encounter the young adult world.

Even as Tomoya has matured a bit he still has a long way to go and he will find that working a lot and trying to spend as much time with Nagisa like he did before is not an option we all face that in everyday lives. Tomoya and Nagisa are perfect for one another but they still have to mature and each have to find their own path take. I do hope Nagisa does not get sick again and does not have to stay back twice is hard enough but 3 times is just cruel. This could be a good opportunity for her to make some friends on her own with some of the lessons Tomoya taught her when they first met.

I think squealed like a little girl when Sanae said Tomoya was basically family already and then again when Tomoya is imagining Nagisa in an apron like a house wife. Oh man these two are so going to get married assuming that nothing bad happens to Nagisa but I dont think thats the case.

The real afterstory has begun and im enjoying its going to get harder before it gets better.
Old 2008-12-08, 11:57   Link #68
hai_san

Somehow Clannad entered the "serious" world, no more teenage highschool but the world of employment, somehow i get the bad feeling that the series wont end up with a "happy end" however i hope i am wrong!

Tomoya + Nagisa and Ryou and Kyou in normal clothes was just "woah"!!!
Old 2008-12-08, 12:10   Link #69
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
... Ryou and Kyou in normal clothes was just "woah"!!!
Wonder why they're not on Japan's Next Top Model already.
Old 2008-12-08, 12:16   Link #70
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

... ok let's not exaggerate, they were just wearing university student clothing
Old 2008-12-08, 12:23   Link #71
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
... ok let's not exaggerate, they were just wearing university student clothing
Uni student clothing = fashion. And fashionable (most times)
Old 2008-12-08, 13:08   Link #72
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Somehow Clannad entered the "serious" world, no more teenage highschool but the world of employment, somehow i get the bad feeling that the series wont end up with a "happy end" however i hope i am wrong!
I dont get the vibes it will be a sad ending the theme just doesnt seem so.
Old 2008-12-08, 18:25   Link #73
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

Yeah, Kyou and Ryou in normal clothing was like WHOA... super cute!!
Old 2008-12-08, 18:39   Link #74
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Tomoya + Nagisa and Ryou and Kyou in normal clothes was just "woah"!!!
Hmm, but haven't we seen all of them in "normal" clothes in Season 1? Shopping district and food delivery come to mind. (As for Tomoya and Nagisa, they've been out of uniform in pretty much every episode.)
Old 2008-12-08, 18:43   Link #75
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinokesshou View Post
Hmm, but haven't we seen all of them in "normal" clothes in Season 1? Shopping district and food delivery come to mind. (As for Tomoya and Nagisa, they've been out of uniform in pretty much every episode.)
Its like, seeing your friends in different clothes, they look good or bad and different each time.

Do you go like, "I've already seen you in normal clothes.", when you look at your friend? lol

Besides, Japanese fashion is always something to behold, whether good or bad.

Old 2008-12-08, 18:46   Link #76
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Uni Student clothing = whatever you wanna wear LOL

talking about casual clothing, my super favourite scene of the entire season comes to my mind

Mei : "Onii-chan..."
Old 2008-12-08, 18:54   Link #77
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Its like, seeing your friends in different clothes, they look good or bad and different each time. Do you go like, "I've already seen you in normal clothes.", when you look at your friend?
Haha, true enough.

Quote:
Besides, Japanese fashion is always something to behold, whether good or bad.
Well, Kyou and Ryou definitely looked good, but I didn't see anything distinctively "Japanese" about what they were wearing. I think we really meant "normal" when we described their outfits as such... they're something we could imagine our female friends wearing, unlike much of what we see on anime!

Hmm... perhaps that is why Kyou and Ryou's clothes have attracted so much attention, precisely because people around us might wear them.

To change topic, having to juggle school and Tomoya's housekeeping isn't going to do much good to Nagisa's health or academic progress... (I was going to ask what her parents might feel about this, but I recalled Akio saying that Nagisa can make decisions for herself.)
Old 2008-12-08, 19:01   Link #78
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well, by now Nagisa must have memorized the first part of the school's curriculum, so I don't think that's much of a problem.
Old 2008-12-08, 19:11   Link #79
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

One of the reasons Nagisa generally scores well is probably because she repeated the previous year. And now that she's repeating again, she probably has a high chance of being a top student lol

Since she already learnt everything and should have no problem with her schoolwork, she should be able to spend time with Tomoya.

Anyway, yesterday I had a dream about Nagisa lol, it was a heartwarming dream, never had something like that before.

Old 2008-12-08, 20:42   Link #80
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
One of the reasons Nagisa generally scores well is probably because she repeated the previous year. And now that she's repeating again, she probably has a high chance of being a top student lol

Since she already learnt everything and should have no problem with her schoolwork, she should be able to spend time with Tomoya.

Anyway, yesterday I had a dream about Nagisa lol, it was a heartwarming dream, never had something like that before.
Ah stupid me, I forgot -_-.

I wonder how Nagisa appeared in your dream? As a three-dimensional human of normal anatomical proportions bearing a slight resemblance to the Nagisa we see on screen... or a direct projection of an anime character onto a surreal dream world?
Closed Thread