AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-02-27, 13:33   Link #81
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Of course it's possible.

There are plenty of people who don't have either a PlayStation or PlayStation 2.
Then there are people like me who couldn't care about the games either way.
(I really dislike turn based RPG games -.-)
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 13:49   Link #82
thegreatjason

Wow, that trailer was awesome, for any that don't know, the trailer is a DVD rip(looks better than the ones from adventchildren.net) from the recent rerelease Final Fantasy X-2: International+Last Mission. This trailer has been out for about a week, but originally it was Japanese, it was translate a few days ago by TNTiet, but this translation is by far superior.

I can't wait for the movie to come out after seeing this trailer. Also to anyone that doesn't know, this takes place 2 years after the events of FF7. Hopefully this movie will do well and they'll rerelease the game for PS2 or make a sequel.

Anyways, if you didn't see the trailer, go grab it, you won't be dissapointed.
thegreatjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 14:02   Link #83
CelestiaLegends

awsome! =) do we go see this in full screen or do we download it here? (Even if I saw it here who wouldn't see it full screen o.o but I like japanese better for the first time anyway)
CelestiaLegends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 14:05   Link #84
Green²
It's bacon!

Some of the scenes within the trailer appear to be that of a remake from the game. Yet other scenes appear completely new to me,.. but then this is going by from what I can remember from the many years ago back when I played the game. So if it does follow part of the story from the game, then I feel that FFVII AC will not disappoint.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 14:08   Link #85
CelestiaLegends

God the music brings back memories :P this is still by far my fravorite game, even though I've already upgraded to win2k and the registry system can't even PLAY ff7 anymore...I still have my 4 disks. I can't wait for this to come out!
Old 2004-02-27, 15:00   Link #86
roudy000

Its not a remake or another story its set 2 years after FF7
There will be Flashback Memory I'm certaine bcause you see the scene that make me cry in the game when he let Aeris sink in the lake...

But for the rest ...It have a lot of new character (enemies) I predict that the guy in whit white things on him is Sephiroth when the other guy is on his knees ... I dont know how he can as survived but I cant wait to know about it...

This time its a true Final Fantasy movie not like "spirit whithin"
roudy000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 16:21   Link #87
CelestiaLegends

lol :P yeah

Also the flashbacks are kinda neccessary for the few amounts of people who havn't played the game but watch the movie anyway.
Old 2004-02-27, 16:34   Link #88
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roudy000
This time its a true Final Fantasy movie not like "spirit whithin"
Bah... Some people argue that FF7 isn't a true Final Fantasy game due to its sci-fi settings too... So you can argue either way (plus the Spirits Within movie pretty much talks about the same thing as FF7)
Old 2004-02-27, 16:47   Link #89
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharingan Master
This is going to be the animation event of the year. Although people who are not familiar with the games are going to see FF7:AC and think "They're already by 7?" "I remember The Spirits Within and then this comes out?"
It seems to me that they just try to sell this DVD "video product" to those FF7 fans anyway...

Whatever they do, do not resurrect Aeris. If they need to resurrect someone, let it be Rufus.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 21:21   Link #90
Dark_Sun
I LOVE YOU!

SPOILER DONT READ DOWN unless you've played ff7

I saw aeris being put back into the water after being killed...that was in the video game but i thought this was after 2 years o.O

END OF SPOILER

i thought that was kinda wierd
Dark_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 21:26   Link #91
lordlucless

I'm looking at this very dubiously. One of the things I really liked about the Final Fantasy series was their willingness to leave a story, and start a new one with each title, instead of running the greatness of the game into the ground with sequal after mediocre sequel. One of the problems I find with sequels in general is that a good story usually has some sort of closure. If you want to make a sequel, you first have to "unclose" the closure.

But the animation does look good on this, and I'm really hoping it will be fansubbed - from what I've heard, there is no American release slated, but seeing as Square-Enix distributes in America, I'm guessing that would count as FF:AC being licensed.
lordlucless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 21:53   Link #92
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

There's another thread in the DVD & Fansubs forum discussing this new FF7 movie here too.
Old 2004-02-28, 04:48   Link #93
Lonewolf

It would be cool if they released a remastered FF VII with modern graphics and everything, I just hope this doesnt turn out to be another Spirits Within

And the music in the beginning brings back so many memorys of me awake at 4 in the morning, school the next day, playing this game. For me VII will always be a classic it's what got me into games and RPGs Its what made me nag my parents for a PS1
Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember. when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 10:03   Link #94
Mr.Minou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Sun
SPOILER DONT READ DOWN unless you've played ff7

I saw aeris being put back into the water after being killed...that was in the video game but i thought this was after 2 years o.O

END OF SPOILER

i thought that was kinda wierd

flashback man, flashback...

note that you can use the [Spoiler] [./Spoiler] tags (without the " . ")
Mr.Minou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 10:45   Link #95
chickenfeather

Send a message via AIM to chickenfeather
Damn, they had that fire scene made so well.... O ya, mebbe just my eyes but did anyone notice that sephiroth kept on switching clothes and weapons?
chickenfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 10:53   Link #96
oasis

Send a message via ICQ to oasis Send a message via MSN to oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordlucless
I'm looking at this very dubiously. One of the things I really liked about the Final Fantasy series was their willingness to leave a story, and start a new one with each title, instead of running the greatness of the game into the ground with sequal after mediocre sequel. One of the problems I find with sequels in general is that a good story usually has some sort of closure. If you want to make a sequel, you first have to "unclose" the closure.

But the animation does look good on this, and I'm really hoping it will be fansubbed - from what I've heard, there is no American release slated, but seeing as Square-Enix distributes in America, I'm guessing that would count as FF:AC being licensed.
That's true, and I agree that the great thing about FF is that each individual game is a self-contained epic (from tactics to IX, with the exception of X and X-2, though I feel that they really are different games in their own right). The end of the games provides closure: the world/universe is saved from a giant comet, evil beings, time-travelling witches, etc and the heroes live in peace and put down their giant sword/gunblade/watersword/whatever. Of all the FF games, I felt that 7 was the most engaging: its tragic romance was superior to 8s, its characters more unique, and the scope of its world more epic.

That's why I feel so strongly about AC. It's going to rock. But I wonder how you can condense a huge world-story into an ova...
That is why squarenix must not continue to sequel. The recycling of setting is fine, but the story must be new and self-contained. I guess the only parallel I can draw is onegai teacher and twins...
oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 20:17   Link #97
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
spirits within and ff unlimited did sux, well to me anyways but i dont think FFVII advent child will sux just cause it has cloud in it ^_^
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 20:18   Link #98
CelestiaLegends

Lonewolf: I completely know what you mean

If this were released on animesuki it'll get more DLs than a Naruto release! well, hopefully :P can't wait!
Old 2004-02-28, 20:28   Link #99
MrMonkey
Meeeeeeee!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merco
Another rumor I've heard is that they're planning to remake the original FF7 with current artwork and animation styling. It's something along the lines of the rumor you've heard I suppose...
From what I heard (this was a while ago) Square Enix said they weren't going to make a remake/sequel game to FF7. Apparently they did FFX-2 as a sort of side project because they were able to reuse things from FFX, but an FF7 remake would be too much work since everything would have to be remade from scratch. Well my memory is bad so I can't remember what exactly was said, but I think thats the gist of it anyway.
MrMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 21:03   Link #100
Mcdonalds

ooooo i can't wait to see this, i'm all for this movie. I think with final fantasy the spirits within movie is that you never really got to create an emotional bond with the character. I know for a fact playing on final fantasy rpg games for x amount of hours creates a relationship between me and the characters of the game. This movie will just allow me to revisit these nostalgic feelings between me and those characters of ff7!
Mcdonalds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, science fiction