5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 0.82%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 2.47%
Voters: 365. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-16, 02:15   Link #1021
Jibade

Send a message via AIM to Jibade Send a message via MSN to Jibade Send a message via Yahoo to Jibade
Not sure if this was mention but what is the refrain was for Kallen to use it on Zero? Because if you see his body he not holding it to use it on her but showing her. Just in my opinion if I want to drug someone I will be ready to do it fast not show and tell.

Also CC lied to Charles, so could there be a division among the brothers, what if Charles will kill CC as means of killing the gods.

I feel Lelouch and Suzaku are going in a circle like they are in parallel path then each curve to their direction, but that circle will join at the other end that is where the story will reveal it all.
Jibade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 02:25   Link #1022
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeboy12 View Post
The children have a higher potential to be a danger but the problem with potential is that it doesn't mean it they will definitely turn into blood thirsting monster. Perhaps what I find weird is that people are ok with those children getting killed because the have geass but lelouch somehow get a pass enough though his geass is the most unstable
No, not at all. The children attacked the soldiers with Geass. They were perfectly capable of defending themselves. At that point, they cease to be innocents and become combatants, regardless of age. It's sad, yes, but they were far too dangerous to be kept alive at that point.
Old 2008-07-16, 02:41   Link #1023
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
Idk what you mean, when those researchers saw C.C. I think they asked her to save them which I interpreted as loyalty to me. Maybe you don't save the geass children but the researchers could have been saved and had a high chance of following C.C. and in turn the OotBK. However, Lulu needed a scapegoat for Shirley's death so everybody dies.

Also Lulu takes the blame for the killings of innocents? Since when? Did he tell or involve his generals of his plan i.e. Todoh, Xing Ke, Ougi? No. He kept it a secret.
Whenever Lelouch does a bad thing he puts newspaper on top of it and pretends that it that it'll go away. How can he take the blame willingly when no one knows what he did yet? He doesn't even have to suffer any consequences. Idk about coward but spoiled child suits him.
Of course the reserachers would ask CC to save them. The point here is that in the end, the Geass Cult is as unreliable as Rollo. Rollo is as loyal to Lulu as he can get, but Shirely is still dead. It was planned originally to absorb the Geass Cult into BK via CC's former history with the cult, but now Lulu knows that is way too risky. He has no means of truly controlling the organisation and prevent them from wrecking havoc.

As for keeping secrets? That IS how Lulu takes the blame for all the bad things. By not telling his generals, his generals don't have to make any moral choices. They can plead ignorance. Those who are told the truth would also have to share the burden.
The point is all the bad things that are done are always necessary acts. As such those who are told about it would not be in a position to oppose it, thus sharing the guilt of giving approval.
Old 2008-07-16, 03:00   Link #1024
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Of course the reserachers would ask CC to save them. The point here is that in the end, the Geass Cult is as unreliable as Rollo. Rollo is as loyal to Lulu as he can get, but Shirely is still dead. It was planned originally to absorb the Geass Cult into BK via CC's former history with the cult, but now Lulu knows that is way too risky. He has no means of truly controlling the organisation and prevent them from wrecking havoc.

As for keeping secrets? That IS how Lulu takes the blame for all the bad things. By not telling his generals, his generals don't have to make any moral choices. They can plead ignorance. Those who are told the truth would also have to share the burden.
The point is all the bad things that are done are always necessary acts. As such those who are told about it would not be in a position to oppose it, thus sharing the guilt of giving approval.
Wow I never knew Lelouch was such a martyr OK As long as he cries himself to sleep every night for the sacrifices he must make for the good of all of us.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 03:51   Link #1025
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Okay people what Lulu was doing wasn't wiping out the geass, that's impossible. What he was doing was wiping out the bloodline of geass. C.C. said as much "the genolagy of geass shall end here".

It's been said that the Emperor chose his wives on there probabilty of producing geass capable offspring. It's an inherited trait. Charles and V.V. had it there brothers, Lelouch also has one. All 3 are tied by the bond of blood.

Say Lulu had ordered the kiddies to forget about geass, if they had children there is a possibilty that it would've been passed on and that power could've been awakened, therefore the problem continues.

We have never seen any good geass users. Rai used his Geass to make his people fight to the death, Castor and Pollux were cruel, Mao was mad as a hatter(chainsaw time), Rolo is a sociopath, Charles is a tyrant and Lulu was just as bad in S1 as anyone else although he is relaxing a little now.

Lulu decided that the geass was responsible for too much tragedy to be allowed to exist, it is a source of evil. He changed his goal from control to annihilation of the cult because of this and as his atonement. If C.C. a former master of the cult agreed with his motives then there must at least have been some justification to his actions.

Also remember "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely". Now that Lulu hates the geass its fair to assume that he'll either ensure he never has children or kill himself so that it ends with him.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 04:18   Link #1026
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
Wow I never knew Lelouch was such a martyr OK As long as he cries himself to sleep every night for the sacrifices he must make for the good of all of us.
Crying every night saps necessary strength for the next day. There are people out there who depend on him, he can't afford to go emo for your satisfaction.
Old 2008-07-16, 05:28   Link #1027
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Crying every night saps necessary strength for the next day. There are people out there who depend on him, he can't afford to go emo for your satisfaction.
He had his moment after Shirley died. I think that was enough. Besides, he had to be at least outwardly calm when Rolo showed up so he could plot revenge and further his plans simultaneously.
Old 2008-07-16, 07:07   Link #1028
Bennyswan
Hmmm.....
*Artist

I remember someone said that when he didnt blow up Rollo it would be his downfall or something like that...... and i remember a past episode (forgot which one) where Rollo said "We share the same Destiny" maybe that could be foreshadowing? Or maybe im wrong and they just wanted to make it a touching moment lol
Bennyswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 07:13   Link #1029
Tolle Erik Koenig
LOL!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
We have never seen any good geass users. Rai used his Geass to make his people fight to the death
Ah ah. Wait here. He did not use it INTENTIONALLY to make his people fight to the death.

His intention was to boost morale. That's all. It's like saying for example, Sir Alex Ferguson tries to boost Man U's morale, but say his (brand new) team doesn't know English, probably only German. Then his translator translated it as "Fight to your death", figuratively. And the team takes it literally.
Well, then is Sir Ferguson evil? No. Who's fault? The translator.

Same here. Rai was NOT at fault, the Geass was. It spiralled outta control. Please!

Quote:
Castor and Pollux were cruel, Mao was mad as a hatter(chainsaw time), Rolo is a sociopath, Charles is a tyrant and Lulu was just as bad in S1 as anyone else although he is relaxing a little now.
Well, where's Kaede Fuyou (boxcutter yandere from Shuffle) when you need her?
And Haruhi??

Quote:
Also remember "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely". Now that Lulu hates the geass its fair to assume that he'll either ensure he never has children or kill himself so that it ends with him.
Or marry CC so that he can't have any kids. (LOL)
Tolle Erik Koenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 07:25   Link #1030
JerryShaw

What about his siblings? They all share his geass genes although they may not have geass themselves. I strongly doubt LL will kill his precious Nunally. And then there is his dad. Who's to say that his dad didn't have secret kids somewhere? Or even worse, have more kids in the future? The way he pits his children against each other, he seems like the type of guy who will try to breed ultimate kids until he gets it right. If the first batch is a failure, then let's try few more batches.

Personally, I think LL doesn't want anyone else to have geass but himself. But that doesn't mean he will castrate himself or perform vasectomy to prevent having kids himself. LL isn't a freakin' saint who will do that sort of things.

If anything LL has proven himself very similar to Charles. Even VV has commented on that.
JerryShaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 08:21   Link #1031
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryShaw View Post
What about his siblings? They all share his geass genes although they may not have geass themselves. I strongly doubt LL will kill his precious Nunally. And then there is his dad. Who's to say that his dad didn't have secret kids somewhere? Or even worse, have more kids in the future? The way he pits his children against each other, he seems like the type of guy who will try to breed ultimate kids until he gets it right. If the first batch is a failure, then let's try few more batches.

Personally, I think LL doesn't want anyone else to have geass but himself. But that doesn't mean he will castrate himself or perform vasectomy to prevent having kids himself. LL isn't a freakin' saint who will do that sort of things.

If anything LL has proven himself very similar to Charles. Even VV has commented on that.
When it comes down to it, the Geass Cult serves the Emperor and that's all there is to it.

CC might have a chance of convincing them to switch sides, but in the end the Cult is too powerful. It would be like putting a leash on a T-Rex and expecting it to be cooperative. For any other faction like China or Poland, Lulu can tolerate them being uncooperative, because he can always use the Geass on them if he absolutely needed to. But against the Geass Cult Lulu had no such advantage.

You can't absorb what is stronger than you are. The Geass Cult is more dangerous than Lulu's entire army combined, as such he can't risk it.
Old 2008-07-16, 09:53   Link #1032
Slayne

Hmmm, so Suzaku is willing to break his little code of ethics by using Refrain to force Kallen to speak; interesting 180 in his convictions on what he believes acceptable.
Slayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 09:55   Link #1033
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't remember him having special convictions against chemical interrogation.

Hell, I barely remember him having any convictions.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 10:20   Link #1034
Diedrupo

Quote:
I think he's smarter than that. He'd rather be the only person with Geass and if his children have it, at least he can control it. He's not going to kill himself out of some ideals that he doesn't even believe in himself (need I re-iterate that he does NOT care about the sake of the world, only himself and Nunnally). Lelouch = Charles version 2.

Quote:
You can't absorb what is stronger than you are. The Geass Cult is more dangerous than Lulu's entire army combined, as such he can't risk it.
....right they were so dangerous that Lelouch easily wiped them out in one battle, eh?

Quote:
Ah ah. Wait here. He did not use it INTENTIONALLY to make his people fight to the death.
I haven't played the video game but come on. A person intentionally making his people fight to the death is far more cooler than a person simply raising his troops morale. You're making this Rai fellow sound like a wuss and not worthy of being a Code Geass protagonist.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 10:21   Link #1035
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

Lulu is evil. That's one he'll stand by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
I think he's smarter than that. He'd rather be the only person with Geass and if his children have it, at least he can control it. He's not going to kill himself out of some ideals that he doesn't even believe in himself (need I re-iterate that he does NOT care about the sake of the world, only himself and Nunnally). Lelouch = Charles version 2.
Look if he truly wants geass gone he has to destroy the bloodline. The cult is gone, Charles wil be going sometime soon along with Rolo that just leaves him as the only confirmed geass user. Since geass is an inherited trait he mustn't have children if he truly wants it gone. If he doesn't he a lair then and wiping out the cult was pointless.

Oh and he cares for the SC as well.
Old 2008-07-16, 10:28   Link #1036
Slayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

He had convictions on the method of how things can / should be done. He was early in the series a very open / by the book / nothing shady kind of guy, which is why he didn't agree with Zero's early actions of gassing the public to free him, even though it wasn't harmful. My impression it was always that self-sacrifice to prevent harm for others in his personality that conflicted with Zero's do what must be done for the greater good and now we had him showing a possible willingness to do the opposite.
Slayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 10:29   Link #1037
Diedrupo

Quote:
Look if he truly wants geass gone he has to destroy the bloodline. The cult is gone, Charles wil be going sometime soon along with Rolo that just leaves him as the only confirmed geass user. Since geass is an inherited trait he mustn't have children if he truly wants it gone. If he doesn't he a lair then and wiping out the cult was pointless.
He only wiped the cult out to avenge Shirley. Now that he's back to his senses, he'll probably want to re-exploit any remaining Geass left in the world.

How do you know that there are no more Geass users in the world? That there are no more C.C.s or V.V.s? We don't know that yet.

I don't believe he truly wants it gone, he only merely took action against the people that caused him great emotional pain (in the form of Shirley's death).
Old 2008-07-16, 10:36   Link #1038
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
He only wiped the cult out to avenge Shirley. Now that he's back to his senses, he'll probably want to re-exploit any remaining Geass left in the world.

How do you know that there are no more Geass users in the world? That there are no more C.C.s or V.V.s? We don't know that yet.

I don't believe he truly wants it gone, he only merely took action against the people that caused him great emotional pain (in the form of Shirley's death).
C.C. said that the "geneaology(bloodline) of geass shall end here" therefore it is an inherited trait. If there's no one who can pass it on that's the end of it.

I said confirmed geass users. Plus do C.C. and V.V. actually give the person a geass or do they unlock the potential. If they could gave it to anyone if Lulu died she could just move on, but as it seems those with the potential don't grow on trees.

Lastly this is no different than what Suzaku did because of what happened with Euphie. Do you really think that if there were women and children OotBk members Suzaku wouldn't have butchered them like all the other ones he met in EP24+25? They both acted out of hatred and were blinded by it. They both believed the world would've been better off(without zero or geass) and were lashing out because of their pain. Both are as bad as each other.

He wants geass gone like Suzaku wants Zero gone. He may exploit Rolo until he's no more use and then make good on his promise to discard him but this is no different than Suzaku making use of Lulu to get a promotion.
Old 2008-07-16, 10:50   Link #1039
Diedrupo

Quote:
I said confirmed geass users. Plus do C.C. and V.V. actually give the person a geass or do they unlock the potential. If they could gave it to anyone if Lulu died she could just move on, but as it seems those with the potential don't grow on trees.
Well C.C. gave it to Mao, and being chinese, he obviously has no geneaology to the british royal family.

Quote:
Lastly this is no different than what Suzaku did because of what happened with Euphie. Do you really think that if there were women and children OotBk members Suzaku wouldn't have butchered them like all the other ones he met in EP24+25? They both acted out of hatred and were blinded by it. They both believed the world would've been better off(without zero or geass) and were lashing out because of their pain. Both are as bad as each other.
What the hell does Suzaku have to do with this discussion?

Quote:
He wants geass gone like Suzaku wants Zero gone. He may exploit Rolo until he's no more use and then make good on his promise to discard him but this is no different than Suzaku making use of Lulu to get a promotion.
I think you're speculating too much. Lelouch is not that devoted to this new cause that he'd kill himself or prevent himself from having children because of it.
Old 2008-07-16, 10:54   Link #1040
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Well C.C. gave it to Mao, and being chinese, he obviously has no geneaology to the british royal family.

What the hell does Suzaku have to do with this discussion?

I think you're speculating too much. Lelouch is not that devoted to this new cause that he'd kill himself or prevent himself from having children because of it.
It's been speculated that Mao might've been a descendant of chinese royalty(geass being the power of the king and all).

I was just pointing out that they both lashed out in anger at what they thought was the cause of there grief.

He may think because of his actions that he does not deserve happiness. Or he could die at the end and that's the end of geass.