AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-06-14, 08:47   Link #241
AC730

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHateApril3rd2009 View Post
i m in the guitar club in the school where i study in. we play classical songs but most of the members here are more of electric guitarists. also as i m typing this i m strumming my guitar :x
I'm not trying to sway your view here, but don't forget about costs for amps, stomp boxes, maintenance tools and so on. While you could be borrowing from the school in order to help you. If you are as interested as you say you are, you should also remember that there is many more things that accompany the guitar that you'll be wanting in your possession rather than borrowing them. But this is me getting ahead of myself since you say you only have 2 months of experience? I usually have to change strings almost every month or maybe less since they start wearing away pretty fast for me due to the amount of play time.
AC730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 08:54   Link #242
iHateApril3rd2009
Be Patient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC730 View Post
I'm not trying to sway your view here, but don't forget about costs for amps, stomp boxes, maintenance tools and so on. While you could be borrowing from the school in order to help you. If you are as interested as you say you are, you should also remember that there is many more things that accompany the guitar. But this is me getting ahead of myself since you say you only have 2 months of experience? I usually have to change strings almost every month or maybe less since they start wearing away pretty fast for me due to the amount of play time.
i understand what you are saying.
the parts in bold sadly isnt true though (Lol).
yes i have thought of the additional prices for the accessories you mentioned.
i normally play 7 hrs total a day everyday and i still have no idea how to change guitar strings, but the only downside is that this classical guitar string's arent damaged yet. only the 2nd fret of the A and D strings are rusty. <- (forgot to dry hands after bathing)
Old 2010-06-14, 09:06   Link #243
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Quote:
i did thought of trying out other brands but i consulted members of the guitar club and they replied to get the guitar you want instead of a low-mid range guitar. since you get better as time goes by, you might suddenly want a change in guitars.
I probably should mention that my Washburn was my second guitar, not my first. My very first guitar was a Telecaster knock-off, but it did do the job well with a couple of effects and a decent amp.

That said, there's no-one stopping you from following your guitar club members' advice. However, if you do take the time to try out everything that's within your budget, you may find out that the guitar that you want may not be suited for you in the end. But hey, that's just me.
OZ7UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 09:07   Link #244
AC730

Quote:
i understand what you are saying.
the parts in bold sadly isnt true though (Lol).
yes i have thought of the additional prices for the accessories you mentioned.
i normally play 7 hrs total a day everyday and i still have no idea how to change guitar strings, but the only downside is that this classical guitar string's arent damaged yet. only the 2nd fret of the A and D strings are rusty. <- (forgot to dry hands after bathing)
Then I bid you the best of luck. Sounds like you're really pressed on becoming a great guitar player. Hopefully we may see something from you on YouTube later on or something. I haven't been able to upload anything because I can't be bothered buying the converter head to my sound system and I don't have any cool effects for the solos (Still sounds good though). And my final year of VCE studies in high school is being a real bitch to me.

Don't worry about changing strings... You'll learn it eventually and and many more things about the electric guitar. Then you'll look back and be like "I can't believe I struggled with this..." when you're struggling with something else. How nostalgic...
Old 2010-06-14, 09:17   Link #245
iHateApril3rd2009
Be Patient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ7UP View Post
I probably should mention that my Washburn was my second guitar, not my first. My very first guitar was a Telecaster knock-off, but it did do the job well with a couple of effects and a decent amp.

That said, there's no-one stopping you from following your guitar club members' advice. However, if you do take the time to try out everything that's within your budget, you may find out that the guitar that you want may not be suited for you in the end. But hey, that's just me.
do you still use ur Telecaster knock-off every now and then?
well, i go through 6-8 hours of hard labour, and the break is only 2 weeks to a month and also there is school + afterschool projects, cant possibly find a job though :l

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC730 View Post
Then I bid you the best of luck. Sounds like you're really pressed on becoming a great guitar player. Hopefully we may see something from you on YouTube later on or something. I haven't been able to upload anything because I can't be bothered buying the converter head to my sound system and I don't have any cool effects for the solos (Still sounds good though). And my final year of VCE studies in high school is being a real bitch to me.

Don't worry about changing strings... You'll learn it eventually and and many more things about the electric guitar. Then you'll look back and be like "I can't believe I struggled with this..." when you're struggling with something else. How nostalgic...
Best of luck for your final year
what about a normal video camera?
i upload the vids only if it sounds perfect though ;p
Old 2010-06-14, 09:24   Link #246
iHateApril3rd2009
Be Patient.

no one has done statistics for yui's gibson/Gitah yet?
Old 2010-06-14, 10:38   Link #247
Sides

Quote:
i did thought of trying out other brands but i consulted members of the guitar club and they replied to get the guitar you want instead of a low-mid range guitar. since you get better as time goes by, you might suddenly want a change in guitars.
This. Go to a shop and try out different models. Few things you will notice, different weight, neck scale and width and the one that speaks to you. Pick the one you like the best, and if it is too expensive, save the money until you can afford it. Do not buy a piece of crap only because it is the one you can afford. Make sure you really like the sound it produces and that it feels right in your hand. About the sound, make sure to try it out on the amp you got at home, or are planning to buy.
Since you are living in SE Asia, you have probably a larger range of clones to choose from. Edwards and Tokai build great clones and probably superior to squiers and epiphones. I would go so far and say that they can even match MIM fenders, depending on the model of course.

This is off-topic and should be in this thread. Peeps stop getting always off-topic and use the search button.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 15:39   Link #248
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Electric > Acoustic > Classical when it comes to how easy it is to change strings, but it doesn't matter because you'll eventually get comfortable with it. derp, need to change strings on my acoustics, too. Still wondering if I should get flats for my electric.

Not sure how much I play my classical now [definitely under 7hrs a day >_>;], but when I use EXP coated strings, they're dead in a month-ish. I used Pro-Arte once and probably played as much as you did back then.... and they were dead within two weeks.

And yes, I wash my hands. A lot. Occupational illness.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 13:25   Link #249
Manwards
Cunning Linguist

Send a message via MSN to Manwards
I've had my electric guitar for less than three months, and I've already had a fair amount of practice with changing the strings. I guess I play too hard, because I've snapped most of them at least twice now!
Old 2010-06-15, 23:13   Link #250
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwards View Post
I've had my electric guitar for less than three months, and I've already had a fair amount of practice with changing the strings. I guess I play too hard, because I've snapped most of them at least twice now!
Really? Just strumming you snapped your strings? The only times I've snapped my strings on accident was when I tune it a string a little too much then BAM! lol.
Old 2010-06-16, 02:02   Link #251
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Stats for Yui's Les Paul ? Do you mean specs ?

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Elec.../Features.aspx

Gibson's webpage for the guitar. Enjoy.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 02:40   Link #252
AC730

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyezrylei View Post
Really? Just strumming you snapped your strings? The only times I've snapped my strings on accident was when I tune it a string a little too much then BAM! lol.
Haha! Once I had my tuner (not Chromatic) on the Bass setting by accident... You can guess the rest... XD I had to go buy a new set of strings...
Old 2010-06-16, 05:40   Link #253
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyezrylei View Post
Strings do snap during play, had a few braking and hitting my face, it happens, nothing uncommon.
Stick to the topic peeps and stop hijacking threads.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 11:28   Link #254
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
Changing bass strings is easy I one changed a string in 5 minutes while in rehearsal, the string changing was so quick it hit them like a thunder when I told them I'm ready
Old 2010-07-13, 02:06   Link #255
gridsleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Yui’s guitar- A Gibson Les Paul Honeyburst Standard

The year of that guitar... I don't know...

Ref: http://animewriter.wordpress.com/200...wn-to-budokan/
No no no, it's a Gibson Les Paul Standard Traditional Plus in Light Burst. See the pick guard?
gridsleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 05:37   Link #256
Rhythm

Oooo, think I might go out and buy one of those KORG tuners.

I searched the thread, I'm not sure what model amp Yui uses, I know the brand is Marshall but that's about it.

By the way, I don't know if anyone has asked this before but *Hoping it's in the right section*, would anyone happen to know how to replicate the sound Yui's guitar produces?

E.g. What type of effects she uses (How much knob/amp tone, distortion, etc.)?

Does she play on Rhythm/Treble/In-Between?

Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 06:40   Link #257
Jintor

I play the violin, but apparently my brother thought that made me qualified to change his electric guitar strings, because I've been asked to do it twice now. The second time I ended up just teaching him to do it.

Teach a man to fish and he'll never bother you again
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 06:43   Link #258
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Teach a man to fish and he'll never bother you again
^Yes. Amen to that!

How hard do you play your guitar to have the strings break while playing? :?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 16:44   Link #259
Iketsu31425
T.H.A.N.K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
^Yes. Amen to that!

How hard do you play your guitar to have the strings break while playing? :?
Not very hard really depending on the condition of them.

I was playing on stage at my church one time and a string broke and flew up and smacked me in the cheek leaving a nice little gash... (It was my high e string)

As for effects Yui uses If I'm not mistaken for most of the songs they play (Don't say lazy, Fuwa Fuwa Time, NO, Thank You!) It kind of just sounds like a very normal overdrive effect to me, nothing fancy.
Old 2010-07-15, 18:45   Link #260
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythm View Post
Oooo, think I might go out and buy one of those KORG tuners.

I searched the thread, I'm not sure what model amp Yui uses, I know the brand is Marshall but that's about it.

By the way, I don't know if anyone has asked this before but *Hoping it's in the right section*, would anyone happen to know how to replicate the sound Yui's guitar produces?

E.g. What type of effects she uses (How much knob/amp tone, distortion, etc.)?

Does she play on Rhythm/Treble/In-Between?

I Have a KORG mini Tuner just because i own many different interments, dont get the white one because it does not have LED lights! and yes its a big deal because what if ur tuning in a dark room lol As for Marshall Amp I have a 30watt which cost around $200 and Yui uses like a Marshall 15 Watt or something close to that
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote